Gartner Inc Employee Reviews

High Activity, Accelerated Learning Work Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2015
Gartner invests highly in its employees by putting you through an elaborate training program and aligning a mentor through your first 6 months territory live. There are unlimited resources to ensure your success - if you leverage them correctly. There are many opportunities for promotion for this that have proven themselves successful. Gartner promotes an exception "coaching" management style that is collaborative and foster's personal and professional improvement. Great work - life balance that is encouraged by upper management.
Pros
Great hours, benefits, Management, PTO, etc.
Cons
Highly Competitive (more of a pro)
WW leader with great brand
Client Partner - SAO HTTP Accounts (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 2, 2015
Need to meet weekly activity goals and requirements. The best part of the job is working with clients to help them with key business priorities and leverage their services.
Interaction Designer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 23, 2013
In my tenure at Gartner I have held a variety of positions. It is a good company to grow and make career moves within. They have good benefits and paid time off package. Most of my managers were effective, professional and willing to help me move forward in my career. Generally my co-workers have been friendly, professional and competent.

Earlier in my career at Gartner I was able to utilize and build upon my existing skills in client services. As I moved into Web Design, I was able to take my classroom skills that I obtained and upon build them in various roles within the technology group. I was provided with job mentoring along with a lot of support and guidance from managers and co-workers in order to facilitate my growth.
Analysis
Proposal Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 6, 2013
Financial Risk/Business Analyst with more than 6 years of work experience in corporate finance working as credit, risk, loan, and trade analyst in commercial banking. Demonstrated process and control analysis for various securities, including credit cards, commercial mortgages (Fannie Mae), investments, and projects. Conducted loan servicing for cash and asset based deals and applied control self assessment measures to mitigate residual risks. Plan and supervised various divisions to ensure that the practices, procedures, and policies complied with Sox on federal, state, and overseas regulations. Audited and liaison with internal and external consultants for purposes to maintaining and reporting quarterly and yearly earnings. Converted loan products to new platforms to comply with banking regulations.
Great for work experience
NA SYMPOSIUM REGISTRATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 14, 2015
This is the place to work if you want to get great professional expertise. Very fun people to work with. Management/Company has high expectations for you and long hours.
Pros
great to have on your resume
Cons
be ready to work!!
stresfull place to work
Variable Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 8, 2014
if you are working in controller's group you will be working a lot of overtime and will be under appreciate. There is a favoritism and only favorite people will get promoted. Benefits are great but the stress and moral is not worth to sacrificing.
Gartner
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  fort myers, flMay 31, 2015
Gartner has a great culture for young professionals. There is a lot of luck involved based on the accounts that are transitioned to you.
Past Gartner Senior Account Exec
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 14, 2012
Typical day includes a lot of prospecting & client calls.
The people are great - very driven and while they ask a lot of you, the rewards are great. What I didn't love was the 50% travel. What I miss is the paycheck.
Pros
winners circle trips, great pay
Cons
lots of travel
great for career
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  fort myers, flJanuary 14, 2013
Gartner offers great work/home balance in their benefit programs. The management (like any place) is hit or miss depending on your region. The pay is very fair. There is ample opportunity for advancement.
Pros
pay, time off, upward mobility
Cons
stress, some micromanagement
Smart people, great clients
Director, Gartner Consulting (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 25, 2013
Great experience - loved the people and the clients. Work was always interesting and challenging.
Pros
smart people
Cons
hard to break out of 24x7 mentality
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 25, 2012
I really enjoyed working for two senior managers and 30 analyst in a high paced enviroment.
Pros
great location, professional employees
Overall great place to work!
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 7, 2014
Great place to work with a team of associates who go the extra mile to get things done. Couldn't ask for better co-workers!
Great Place to Start a Career in Sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort MyersMarch 13, 2013
Pros: Great People, Great Pay, Great Environment, Great Career Advancement Opportunities

Cons: Job Location

4.3