Are you looking to join a growing, innovative organization? Do you have a desire to truly make a difference? Is working within a dynamic and supportive team important to you? If so, we want to hear from you ...
Position Title: Job Developer, part time (20 hours) until the return of the incumbent Program: Employment Services
The Job Developer is responsible for successfully matching GHS Employment Services clients to customized employment opportunities as well as short-term work experience and volunteer placements as required.
Job Description: Available from GHS Reception
Reports To: Employment Services Coordinator
Hours of Work: 20 hours within the following hours: 8.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Mon - Fri.
Must be flexible to work occasional weekend or evening hours.
Location: Based out of GHS, 813 Darwin and at community employment sites.
Qualification: Education, Training and Experience
- A diploma in marketing, business administration, or related field; or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- One year recent experience in employment services field, specifically in job development.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with varied stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through a wide variety of avenues including in person contact, emails, phone conversations, and written documents.
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity in matching specific client needs’ to work settings and employer needs.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of, or training in, current trends and best practices related to community-based employment.
- Flexibility and creativity with job development approaches.
- Excellent time and general management skills plus ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with little direction/supervision.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, especially with regard to reporting.
- Experience representing, or interest in working with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
Wage Rate: $17.02 per hour to start plus benefits
Closing Date: 4 pm October 22, 2013
Effective Date: ASAP
Applications submitted to: Mary Ann Snowden, Director Quality Assurance
Indeed - 16 months ago
The Garth Homer Society (GHS) is a non-profit society that provides daytime services for more than 130 adults with developmental...