Garneau Hall provides seniors with opportunities to live life to the fullest by operating a Seniors Assisted Living Community on Whyte Avenue . We are currently seeking a CERTIFIED HEALTHCARE AIDE - FTE 0.7 Days (shifts 07:00 - 15:00 & 10:00 - 14:00). We invite you to apply and join an exceptional supportive living team that understands all aspects of assisted living.
The Healthcare Aide delivers resident-focused care in a home-like environment by providing basic health services for residents who have medical conditions or major functional limitations. The Healthcare Aide provides the physical and emotional support residents need to be as independent as possible.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, work well in a team, possess the ability to adapt to changing situations and enjoy working with seniors. HealthCare Aide certificate/competency and a recent security clearance required.
Garneau Hall offers competitive compensation, benefit packages and shift differential.
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized institution or approved competency
- Medication Delivery Certificate is a definite requirement
- CPR, and First Aid Certification would be definite asset
- Experience in Assisted Living or Long Term Care setting an asset
- Proficient with computers and software systems
- Must have a strong understanding of the English language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our People Are What Make Our Communities Special. It takes a special kind of person to work at Garneau Hall. We look for people who have a passion for engaging with older adults. People who have a real commitment to treating residents with the respect, honor and dignity they deserve. People with the experience, and expertise, to help residents live the lives they envision for themselves. If making a difference in people’s lives is one of the things that make you tick, then you are the person we are looking for!