Garmin Employee Reviews

Senior Aviation Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KS28 November 2017
Low pay great benefits. I worked mostly 7:30-4:30 but there where time when more overtime was needed. Good management. Slow older company that values a work life balance.
Weight Room
Product Support (Current Employee) –  Oregon17 November 2017
Good weight room, good management, Monday thru Friday 8-5 shift that is a set schedule makes it easy to plan childcare. Good work environment, food trucks daily.
Yes, there is a ping pong table and well run tournaments.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CA14 November 2017
There was a great group of peers working there that went out of their way to produce an inviting and conducive environment for getting stuff done.

Some of the lower and middle management however, could best be described as unfortunate.

The benefit package was actually pretty good, but salary lags seriously behind the industry and bonuses are unheard of.
Good starter company
Customer Care Order Admin (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS13 November 2017
They're good to have on your resume, but if you're not willing to work for advancement, you will stay in the same position forever. Granted you have a supportive boss, you can do well here.
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Cons
Salary
assesment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS10 November 2017
they dont hold people accounted for there production. Management can work on there people skills. There is no room for advancement unless you are considering going back to school, I feel since I have dedicated 13 yrs of my knowledge and experience I could be considered for advancement. But when you see new canidates coming in and within a year advancing with no experience, its not a good feeling.
Pros
relaxed work place
Cons
management
Great culture, but limited opportunity
Senior Product Support Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Salem, OR3 November 2017
Garmin truly values their employees and you can see that in the compensation and perks that the company provides. The job offerings are broad and eclectic, so they are genuinely looking for any and everyone that wants to help the company succeed. the day to day job can become tedious, but the employees are all very invested in the company and each other, so the job is very rewarding. Their is limited room for growth in the Salem, OR, location due to the company's headquarters being in Olathe, KS. More of the available jobs or growth opportunities are at HQ due to them having the facilities for it.
Great place to work, but a dead end job unless you have a degree
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS24 October 2017
Garmin is a great place to work, but unless you are getting a degree or have one, there is no way to advance to a management position or anything higher. There is definitely a difference if you work in the warehouse vs the other side which we call 'the tower'. In the warehouse you get a 30 minute lunch vs in the tower where you get an hour (management in the warehouse does get an hour lunch, but not the other coworkers). As for the workplace culture, it is almost non-existent. Coworkers have efficiency they have to worry about and although at times you do have downtime it's not encouraged to talk to your coworkers.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
workplace culture is not there
A corporação é excelente mas...
Analista nde Logistica (Former Employee) –  Barueri, SP, Brasil15 October 2017
No Brasil é mal administrada como pode ver se pesquisar no google. Reclamações de clientes e a insatisfação deles registraram quedas nas vendas o que levou a grandes demissões. Fora isso, fiz grandes amigos e pude trabalhar bastante e aprender muitas coisas.
Pros
Beneficios, Bastantes envolvimentos em várias atividades
Cons
Filial brasileira mal administrada
Great internship experience
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS2 October 2017
I enjoyed interning at Garmin. The engineers were friendly and open to helping the interns. I had a fabulous mentor and am still in contact with her. Unfortunately, my manager was fairly sexist and was not respected by the team. Had I had a different manager I think my experience would be better.
Pros
Flexible schedule, casual environment
Cons
Sexist manager
Terrible place to work
Product Support Specialist (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR 973021 October 2017
When I first started, the company was really great. The atmosphere was relaxed and we got the calls taken care of. New management ruined everything by bringing in all kinds of stupid metrics that had to be followed on every call, taking away from the customer experience. The new manager knows nothing about good customer service. Also, there was limited to no advancement opportunities due to all promotions given to the people in the Kansas center. I had a great supervisor, but his hands were tied by the terrible management. The pay was good, but the working atmosphere was toxic.
ambiance de travail
Directeur Commercial (Former Employee) –  Nanterre (92)27 September 2017
Bon esprit de travail
limité en évolution local
tres bon GM
Easily Replaced
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS20 September 2017
felt like i could be replaced at any time and that i was not a valued member

I knew at any point i would be released without a problem because there was a line of people that would take my spot
na
Logistics/Material Handler/Float (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS18 September 2017
It was a ok place to work the major issue is upper management they treat you like trash if you do not have a college degree that is the major down fall other than that its a great place.
Pros
Cheap insurance and no working Saturdays
Cons
Short breaks and rude management
Garmin review
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZ12 September 2017
You know us best for our navigation systems, but we do so much more. We are makers, catalysts and inventors. We innovate at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business, society, and every person on Earth.
Just Ok
Cartography Technician II (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS11 September 2017
Overall its just an ok place to work, pay is very low and there is really no career advancement , Great benefits that's the only reason still here.
Fun
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS22 August 2017
Loved working there. Learned a lot from working at Garmin. Learned a lot about warehouse work while at Garmin. The management and employees were all great to work for, the job itself was a rewarding experience.
Comercial de ventas
Comercial de ventas (Former Employee) –  Estepona, Málaga17 August 2017
Perfecta comprenetracion con la empresa, todo ha ido perfecto.
Hambiente tranquilo con poco trabajo fuera de mis proyectos
Atención al cliente (Current Employee) –  Lomas de Zamora, Buenos Aires6 July 2017
Es un local con poca venta con lo cual mi tiempo se torna interminable y me siento estancada.
Pros
Cerca y cómodo
Cons
Poco aprendizaje
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS27 June 2017
Garmin is a great place to work. They are very good to all their employees. Benefits are great and the job culture is even better. Very easy to get time off if you give an advance notice.
Interesting company with great products but horrible approach to employees
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire22 June 2017
I worked as a customer advisor, taking inbound calls and responding to emails before being promoted to a position equal to manager's assistant. Dealing with customers was the easiest part of the job even when you factor in the escalations and PC-illiterate folks. Staying on top of all the new products was more challenging, while the worst experience was provided by the HR, who were constantly trying to cut you down. The people you work with are also a problem, especially when the mistakes they make become a liability for everyone who has to clean up after them. Overall I would recommend as a good place to climb up the ranks quickly but get out before it poisons you.
Pros
opportunity to loan great tech
Cons
micromanagement, everpresent negativity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garmin. Our community is ready to answer.