GARMIN

GARMIN Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company!
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Olathe, KSFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: collaborative environment, benefits, compensation
Cons: type of work, outdated technologies, embedded development
I have no real complaints about working at Garmin. They treat their employees well and have a great work environment. My only real reason for leaving is the type of work.
A fun place to work
Buyer-Replenishment (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJanuary 18, 2015
Management was very one sided. Very busy place if you did the work, but management liked to turn and look the other way with certain employees. Hardest part of my job was trying to get everything that the other employees would not do. I really liked the work I did, but never had enough time to get it done.
Great Place to work!
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee), Olathe, KSJanuary 8, 2015
A pretty average call center position. If you are content with staying in the same position for 5+ years before having a chance at a promotion then it's a great place to work.
Good
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee), Olathe, KSOctober 22, 2014
Fine working there, would like to do be doing something else.
GREAT COMPANY
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee), TUCSON, ARIZONASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: healthy work environment
GARMIN HAS GREAT TEAM WORK AND WORKS HARD TO KEEP EMPLOYEES TRAINED AND ALWAYS UP TO DATE.
Great culture and benefits
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee), Olathe, KSAugust 28, 2014
Pros: benefits, great culture, great people to work with
Cons: no room for advancement, low pay
Not much room for advancement in Product Support. There were some opportunities for lateral moves within the company.
Fun, and laid back work environment.
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee), Olathe, KSAugust 24, 2014
A typical day requires taking phone calls to provide technical support for the various devices to the customers. The supervisors are fair, and willing to work with you and be on your side. There is no dress code, so everyone is comfortable.
Work closely with department managers and with software help desk team to resolve advance system issues with GPS at a tier II level.
Customer Service Tech tier II (Former Employee), Olathe, KSAugust 12, 2014
. Use experienced and advance knowledge on personal computers and rebuilding/restoring system files in various GPS products in automotive, handheld tracking, fitness, aviation units and marine units. I have received numerous praise within software management and documented exceptional service emails from customers of my expertise and service
Great Company to work For
Accounts Payable Specialist/Fixed Asset Specialist (Current Employee), Salem OregonAugust 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is they do not micro manage, the company allows encourages achievement.
Productive workplace.
Receiving Inspector (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMay 27, 2014
Pros: on site chef for meals
Cons: tough procedures
Garmin is a fast paced environment with people that are willing to help teach you about things that pertain to your job. There is a large diversity of workers from all over the world. The hardest part of the job at Garmin was learning some of the technical things needed to complete my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the "light bulb" can on in my brain & I realized I just figured out the procedure...Yea me!!!
Too Much Politics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMay 21, 2014
Pros: co-workers, sales staff
Cons: health insurance not subsidized, fight tooth and nail to get a raise, upper management clueless.
Started in the company's first year. Worked as much as 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. Kept getting the "share the wealth" speech from the owner. The bigger they got, the harder it was to get a raise. Talent and work ethic meat nothing, politics meant everything. Worked there for 9 years, never saw "share the wealth" for anyone. There's a reason why most of the employees who started in the first year are gone.
Fun place, great management
SMT Operator (Former Employee), Olathe, KsMay 7, 2014
Running the small parts machine building circuit boards for Garmin products.
An engineer driven and customer-centric environment
Marine Product Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Salem, ORApril 23, 2014
Pros: positive environment
Cons: no bonuses
Garmin started out as a smaller, incredibly positive environment. However, it's currently going through growing pains, however, and becoming more stressful and metric driven.
Garmin provides a healthy workplace environment
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee), Salem, ORApril 18, 2014
Pros: supportive work environment, low turnover rate
Cons: customer interaction can sometimes be unpleasant on their end
As an employee at Garmin, there is never a sense of worry or dread that one is not doing their job correctly and is going to be fired. Garmin provides a great workplace where co-workers coexist in a fun and helpful manner and customers are taken care of to the best of our abilities. A typical day at work involves answering somewhere between 20-30 phone calls of varying length and helping customers solve their issues with the products in a thorough manner. Management are supportive and available to assist constantly. The hardest part of the job can be the rigid nature of some customers when trying to assist them. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers and being able to collaborate and enjoy each other's company.
Company is good
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2014
Learned Media Player Technologies
Management is good.
And I working with good engineers
Product Support Specialist / Sales
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 29, 2014
Pros: ongoing training & learning opportunities
As a Product Support Specialist I have the opportunity to assist customers with their Garmin Automotive products. I answer questions about purchasing GPS products and assist customers with the purchase of GPS units and accessories. I answer questions about how to use the products that have been purchased. And, I assist customers with any service, or repair, needs that they may have with their GPS products.
was a good place to work, managers need to work on people skills
facilties Maint Tech (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMarch 29, 2014
i enjoyed my 17 + years at garmin garmin associates are good people and are friendly
Stable and great company to work for
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee), Olathe, KSFebruary 5, 2014
Great company to work for. Many projects, great colleagues,...
I love working at Garmin, so far it has been a great learning experience.
Android Developer (Current Employee), Cluj-Napoca, CJJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: stocked kitchen, happy hours, collegial environment, consistent manager feedback
Cons: benefits are good but could be better.
Working at Garmin, this is the first time I'm actually excited on my commute in the morning. Management is transparent and shares high-level goals and company changes; they're accessible, and want to see employees succeed. Feedback from managers is a balance of constructive criticism and insight into your strengths, and provides clear direction on how to continue to develop.

My team is motivated and fun - they take pride in their work, and collaborate together. I learn from them, and continue to be impressed by the ways they challenge themselves to improve their skills and knowledge.
I feel trusted to make decisions, and help change the business for the better.
Nice place to have worked.
Consumer Electronics Acct. Rep. (Marketing Admin.) (Former Employee), Olathe, KSDecember 4, 2013
Pros: very nice place to have worked
Cons: liked the job i had.
Place orders via phone, fax or email for Aviation Dealer-Ship for products offered by Garmin Inc. and provide tech help for product that wouldn't need to be transferred. Directing and assisting customers as needed.

1 2 3

About GARMIN

"Dreaming big and obsessing about the details.” It’s a dynamic philosophy that has taken Garmin from a start-up – Read more