Garmin Employee Reviews

A corporação é excelente mas...
Analista nde Logistica (Former Employee) –  Barueri, SP, Brasil15 October 2017
No Brasil é mal administrada como pode ver se pesquisar no google. Reclamações de clientes e a insatisfação deles registraram quedas nas vendas o que levou a grandes demissões. Fora isso, fiz grandes amigos e pude trabalhar bastante e aprender muitas coisas.
Pros
Beneficios, Bastantes envolvimentos em várias atividades
Cons
Filial brasileira mal administrada
Great internship experience
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS2 October 2017
I enjoyed interning at Garmin. The engineers were friendly and open to helping the interns. I had a fabulous mentor and am still in contact with her. Unfortunately, my manager was fairly sexist and was not respected by the team. Had I had a different manager I think my experience would be better.
Pros
Flexible schedule, casual environment
Cons
Sexist manager
Terrible place to work
Product Support Specialist (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR 973021 October 2017
When I first started, the company was really great. The atmosphere was relaxed and we got the calls taken care of. New management ruined everything by bringing in all kinds of stupid metrics that had to be followed on every call, taking away from the customer experience. The new manager knows nothing about good customer service. Also, there was limited to no advancement opportunities due to all promotions given to the people in the Kansas center. I had a great supervisor, but his hands were tied by the terrible management. The pay was good, but the working atmosphere was toxic.
ambiance de travail
Directeur Commercial (Former Employee) –  Nanterre (92)27 September 2017
Bon esprit de travail
limité en évolution local
tres bon GM
na
Logistics/Material Handler/Float (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS18 September 2017
It was a ok place to work the major issue is upper management they treat you like trash if you do not have a college degree that is the major down fall other than that its a great place.
Pros
Cheap insurance and no working Saturdays
Cons
Short breaks and rude management
Garmin review
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZ12 September 2017
You know us best for our navigation systems, but we do so much more. We are makers, catalysts and inventors. We innovate at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business, society, and every person on Earth.
Just Ok
Cartography Technician II (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS11 September 2017
Overall its just an ok place to work, pay is very low and there is really no career advancement , Great benefits that's the only reason still here.
Fun
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS22 August 2017
Loved working there. Learned a lot from working at Garmin. Learned a lot about warehouse work while at Garmin. The management and employees were all great to work for, the job itself was a rewarding experience.
Comercial de ventas
Comercial de ventas (Former Employee) –  Estepona, Málaga17 August 2017
Perfecta comprenetracion con la empresa, todo ha ido perfecto.
Hambiente tranquilo con poco trabajo fuera de mis proyectos
Atención al cliente (Current Employee) –  Lomas de Zamora, Buenos Aires6 July 2017
Es un local con poca venta con lo cual mi tiempo se torna interminable y me siento estancada.
Pros
Cerca y cómodo
Cons
Poco aprendizaje
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS27 June 2017
Garmin is a great place to work. They are very good to all their employees. Benefits are great and the job culture is even better. Very easy to get time off if you give an advance notice.
Interesting company with great products but horrible approach to employees
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire22 June 2017
I worked as a customer advisor, taking inbound calls and responding to emails before being promoted to a position equal to manager's assistant. Dealing with customers was the easiest part of the job even when you factor in the escalations and PC-illiterate folks. Staying on top of all the new products was more challenging, while the worst experience was provided by the HR, who were constantly trying to cut you down. The people you work with are also a problem, especially when the mistakes they make become a liability for everyone who has to clean up after them. Overall I would recommend as a good place to climb up the ranks quickly but get out before it poisons you.
Pros
opportunity to loan great tech
Cons
micromanagement, everpresent negativity
Great place to work, no real promotions
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR8 June 2017
Garmin was a great company to work for and they take great care of their employees! Wonderful call center environment, great benefits, but like most call centers there is no real possibility for promotion.
Pros
Great atmospher, great work culture, wonderful benefits
Cons
No promotion opportunity
Rewarding place to work
Software Engineering Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS1 June 2017
From day 1 I have continuously been pleasantly surprised at how Garmin treats their employees. The area is wonderful and the people are very likable. I have enjoyed developing my career here.
Do the training then leave, easy money
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire30 May 2017
Garmin is a terrible place to work, the respect they have for they're employees is a disgrace. Because of the lack of respect they have for they're employees causes a big turn around in staff. People often leave because of the way they are treated or eventually get sacked because they simply don't like you, usually this is because some people actually stand up for themselves and they're basic human rights (they don't let you go to the toilet, you will go as and when they want you to, not when you need to). I wouldn't recommend Garmin to anyone, though If i where to suggest anything I would say that if you are offered a job there then go the 3 weeks classroom training (the trainers are nice and its an easy to just sit there and do nothing). once you've done the 3 weeks training just leave, get paid 3 weeks for doing nothing.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
everything else.
Excellent place to work!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS29 May 2017
This place is warehouse heaven. Heated and cooled with organization and teams who know their roles as well as management who has a level head and good management skills.
Rewarding work in consumer electronics.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS22 May 2017
It is great to be able to tell anyone where you work and for the name to be instantly recognized as a brand for consumer electronics all around the globe. Love it!
Excellent company to work for. Very efficient and willing to listen and possibly implement ideas.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  The only con was getting laid off.21 May 2017
As a technical support representative, trainer and mentor my day was filled with taking inbound calls and making outbound calls to completely satisfy our customers issues they were having with any of our Garmin equipment. Had to be proficient in all Microsoft programs as well as Oracle and internal sites.
Pros
Great people and great company. Actual advancement opportunities available
Cons
The only con was getting laid off.
productive company
visual check (Former Employee) –  Taiwan9 May 2017
not so good but they also give equal treatment for their employees.salary is very low because its just a pioneering company.but they also give free tour for their employees
Great Work Place!
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS28 April 2017
You are well taken care of at Garmin. Relationships are amazing and work environment is encouraging. Training is constant, makes you a better employee.
Pros
Product discounts
Cons
Time keeping system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garmin. Our community is ready to answer.