Garibaldi Glass Industries Inc.
Glass solutions that make innovation our culture
Garibaldi Glass is a privately held, well established Burnaby based glass fabrication facility currently employing 175 staff and servicing international markets. Garibaldi is a leading glass fabricator and has recently moved to its new 150,000 square foot facility. We are a make to order facility with short lead times. The company is on a journey to becoming world class and is employing continuous improvement, lean manufacturing and Six Sigma tools to achieve this.
We are currently seeking an individual for Project Estimator Support preferably with a background in the building products industry and / or manufacturing industry.
Our Ideal Candidate:
The successful applicant will be working with the project quoting group in a "Project Estimator Support" role supporting the quoting requirements, coordinating the orders and appropriate paperwork, responding to sample request, and following up with customer inquires and customer lead times.
A construction related degree or diploma in conjunction with practical estimating experience will be highly regarded.
What you will be doing:
- Review assigned quotes and evaluate the work involved with each package
- Plan and prioritize tasks in order to complete the quotes on time
- Work with Project estimating group to help organize orders to be processed
- Response to customer inquires in a timely manner
- Works with other departments including Project Management as required ensuring thorough evaluation of the project requirements
- Effectively communicates questions and concerns to our Sales team and/or Customer and closes open issues
- Provide one-on-one customer service including; quoting, provide/create detailed crate lists and shipping information, and arranging for product samples
What experience you need to be successful:
- Working knowledge of computer software including Word & Excel
- Previous experience in the glass or related construction industry
- Ability to work to varied time-lines and work schedules
- Ability to work directly with vendors, architects, general contractors and glazing contractors
- Ability to work with incomplete information
- Prefer two (2) years project estimating experience in building products industry or similar manufacturing environment OR educational background in sales/estimating
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to learn business-specific Microsoft-based software
- Experience with Maximizer or other CRM software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Well organized with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
- Work independently, at times under pressure
All Garibaldi staff are expected to demonstrate the following attributes: “ABILITY” to perform all job related tasks. “FLEXIBILTY” to adjust on the fly. “WILLINGNESS” to help others when asked and to offer help and share your knowledge. “TEAMWORK” to work with others in a fast-paced and close knit environment fulfilling End to End Customer Care.
Why Join our Company:
- You are not afraid of hard work and the rewards of being the best
- You are honest, do everything with integrity and are take pride in the performance of your team
- You have an eye for detail and are highly organized
Please be sure to provide some insight into your initiatives, skills and achievements.
- By e-mail stating “Project Estimator Support” in the subject line
- By fax to 604-421-7678, Attention Human Resources
- By mail to Garibaldi Glass Industries Inc, 8183 Wiggins Street, Burnaby, BC V3N 0C4, Attention: Human Resources
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview.