Garibaldi Glass Industries Inc.
Glass solutions that make innovation our culture
Garibaldi Glass is a privately held, well established Burnaby based glass fabrication facility currently employing 135 staff and servicing international markets. Garibaldi is a leading glass fabricator and has recently moved to its new 150,000 square foot facility. We are a make to order facility with short lead times. The company is on a journey to becoming world class and is employing continuous improvement, lean manufacturing and Six Sigma tools to achieve this.
We are currently seeking an Outside Sales Representative preferably with a background in the building products industry and / or manufacturing industry.
Our Ideal Candidate:
As a proven Sales professional you possess strong competencies in Strategic Selling Skills, Relationship building, Selling at higher levels, Customer Needs Analysis and Differentiating the offering. You take ownership and pride in your overall sales performance. As an outside territory rep you are responsible for the management of assigned account base and the growth of existing revenues as well as development of new prospects in line with the company's revenue and market share targets.
- Have a strong understanding of all assigned accounts and contact all accounts monthly
- Conducts client visits to indentify opportunities, develop relationships and generate revenue
- Assists client to set specification requirements based on the latest product knowledge
- Pursue new account development as defined by GGii call standards
- Achieve sales revenue and prospecting targets
- Develop an annual business plan, outlining specifically what actions are to be taken to ensure attainment of company objectives for the assigned key accounts. Update and modify this plan quarterly (minimum). Consult with management and project team during the development and implementation of the plan, communicating any major successes or setbacks
- Set objectives for each sales call. Pre planning the sales call and having alternative objectives including a commitment to action by the customer. Anticipate buyer objections and having alternative strategies to solve resistance
- Develop sales strategies through research and customer contact
- Identify gaps between company product and service offering and customer requirements
- Participate in networking groups and opportunities
- Review and update S.W.O.T analysis and work with management team in developing local competitor profile
- Attend and contribute to regular team meetings. Provide feedback to the team on issues such as competitors, marketing initiatives, market conditions, and recent successes
- Participate in all project team meetings and communicate all project related activities related to assigned accounts
- To maintain and promote positive attitudes, morale and productivity among peers support staff and other teams. Maintain and project mature, supportive, professional attitude in meetings with customers as well as with other staff
- Maintain and increase product knowledge by keeping up to date with an ever changing market
- 5 years proven outside sales experience in construction industry or related building products field
- Excellent communication and organizational skills internally and externally
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong logistics, record keeping and time management skills
- A solid understanding of scheduling best practices
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in complex and/or sensitive situations
- Outstanding team player with excellent work ethic
- Experience with CRM software “Maximizer”
- Experience with quoting software “QuoteWerks”
Education and/or Training:
- Post Secondary Education is an asset
- Membership with associations within the construction and/or sales industries an asset
- Previous Selling courses an asset
Why Join our Company:
- You are not afraid of hard work and the rewards of being the best
- You are confident in your sales ability that is second to none and want to belong to an organization that appreciates your efforts
- You are one of the best outside account sales people in your current organization and are ready to now take on a new challenge
Please be sure to provide some insight into your initiatives, skills and achievements.
- By e-mail stating “Outside Sales” in the subject line
- By fax to 604-421-7678, Attention Human Resources
- By mail to Garibaldi Glass Industries Inc, 8183 Wiggins Street, Burnaby, BC V3N 0C4, Attention: Human Resources
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview.
Garibaldi Glass is a privately held, well established Burnaby based glass fabrication facility currently employing 145 staff and servicing...