We are a glass manufacturing company providing value add glass products and solutions to the communities of architectural & designers, developers and glazing contractors. We are currently seeking an Order Entry / Proofing Clerk to be based at our office in Burnaby, BC. This position reports to the Inside Sales & Order Entry Group Leader and works closely with the AutoCad and sales teams.
Our Order Entry / Proofing Clerks are responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the order entry process. This process includes the translation / validation of customer order information into accurately configured products as well as the identification of exceptional products that do not meet the company’s manufacturing rules or that require special handling to meet customer requirements.
Order Entry Responsibilities:
Enters orders into the company’s software database using published lead times and order processing guidelines
Understands the product, always learning new product mixes, digs to find the right answer for the customer, seeks to understand the manufacturing process, and it’s interpretation from customer needs to factory process and software instructions.
Audits the database
Order Proofing documents to order entry documentation, and resolves discrepancies
Prints Order Confirmation documentation and submit for faxing to the ordering customer
Prints Work Order documents and place copies in appropriate files for issuance to manufacturing departments
Files master copy of Work Orders in pending file
Actively participates in the projects supporting the direction and vision of the company moving forward; and
Promotes “end to end customer care” in all aspects of the job
- Receive completed data on product orders
- Analyze documentation for missing information
- Comparing information/specifications on internal order entry documentation is accurate and completed to ensure that the product is according to customer specifications
- Providing information to the order entry and/or sales departments on information that is incomplete or inaccurate for customer follow up
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 2 – 3 years customer service / data entry experience
- Post secondary school an asset
- Manufacturing or building products industry experience an asset
- Solid attention to detail
- Able to work independently and within timelines
- Good communication skills with all levels
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Windows based applications
- A person that has a talent for their ability to pay specific attention to detail
- Good Mathematical ability (fractions and decimals)
- A perfectionist who is focused on results
- A motivated individual who is at their best when they are productive
- Able to work effectively under short deadlines in high-pressure situations
- A responsible individual who delivers on verbal and written instructions
- Strives for excellence in the completion of daily tasks
- Demonstrates comfort and confidence in basic computer applications
All Garibaldi staff are expected to demonstrate the following attributes: “ABILITY” to perform all job related tasks. “FLEXIBILTY” to adjust on the fly. “WILLINGNESS” to help others when asked and to offer help and share your knowledge. “TEAMWORK” to work with others in a fast-paced and close knit environment fulfilling End to End Customer Care.
To Apply in Confidence:
- By fax to 604-421-7678, Attention Human Resources
Visit us at www.garibaldiglass.com for more information about our company
Please note that due to the volume of resumes that we receive only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you.