Reporting to the Dock Foreman, this position will train to carry out all types of warehouse work at the Fort Frances terminal. The ideal candidate would possess a Class AZ license to complete pick-ups and deliveries during busy periods. This position will typically work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 2:00AM to 8:00AM. Some Saturdays will be required. Holiday coverage will require additional days and hours to be worked. Hours and days of work may vary subject to customer and operational requirements.
- Count and inspect freight for damages, shortages, or overages while loading or stripping.
- Strip trailers and place freight in correct area of warehouse.
- Complete freight handling and loading activities.
- Handle shipments to minimize claims and maximize delivery efficiencies and load factors.
- Monitor and complete bills of lading and other shipping documents.
- Assist dockworkers and drivers to load, unload, and handle shipments as required.
- Keep an organized and clean dock area.
- Complete city freight deliveries when required.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of freight handling.
- Valid Class AZ license preferred.
- Able to perform all physical activities related to this position.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
Indeed - 4 months ago