Gardewine is a Canadian owned, Winnipeg based diversified freight transportation company, founded in 1952. With over 1600 employees, 1800 pieces of transportation equipment, and terminals located from Ontario to Alberta, we are a major competitor in the industry. We offer a variety of freight transportation services over five divisions which offer LTL (perishable and non-perishable), flat-deck, dedicated cartage, bulk commodities, and logistics services.
Reporting to the Director of Operations - Manitoba, this hands-on position will coordinate all day-to-day activities within the Snow Lake service area. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all terminal activities including freight delivery, equipment utilization and maintenance, employee scheduling, dispatch, sales, and customer service. The role will normally work Monday to Friday during the day with on-call responsibility.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor service schedules and levels.
- Coordinate freight movement in the terminal area.
- Complete freight handling and delivery as required.
- Communicate with customers regarding all types of ongoing service requirements.
- Communicate with other terminals regarding freight movement, tracing, claims, and dispatch.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of staff.
- Coordinate the maintenance and utilization of equipment and terminal facilities.
- Conduct ongoing sales activities and customer contacts.
- Maintain a minimal level of accounts receivable.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in L.T.L. freight handling and administration at the supervisory level preferred.
- Able to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Currently living in or willing to relocate to Snow Lake, Manitoba.
- Valid Class 1 license preferred.