Gardewine is Canadian owned, Winnipeg based diversified freight transportation company, founded in 1952. With over 1600 employees, 1800 pieces of transportation equipment, and terminals located from Ontario to Alberta, we are a major competitor in the industry. We offer a variety of freight transportation services over five divisions which offer LTL (perishable and non-perishable), flat-deck, dedicated cartage, bulk commodities, and logistics services.
The position will be responsible for the management of all general freight operational activities in the Regina service area. This will include but is not limited to local pickup and delivery, dispatch, cross dock operations, equipment utilization, maintenance, staffing, training, and employee relations on all shifts. This position normally works days, Monday to Friday however on-call and cell phone responsibilities are required. This position will ensure a high level of customer service and employee relations as outlined by our corporate Mission Statement.
1. Plan, coordinate, and monitor work schedules for terminal operations and ensure proper staffing levels are in place in order to meet operational requirements.
2. Ensure all P&D service requirements are completed as scheduled. Communicate service requirements to all parties including drivers, dock staff, and customers. Special handling requirements are to be outlined and communicated in order to meet service commitments.
3. Ensure coordination of local P&D and Linehaul dispatch activities within the Regina service area.
4. Manage all activities related to billing, claims, customer service, and other administrative duties.
5. Ensure employee hiring, training, and coaching/discipline matters are dealt with effectively. Hire to meet current service and job skill requirements. Coordinate training of staff to ensure all regulated and non-regulated requirements are met. Ensure all employee performance issues are dealt with on a timely basis and professional manner.
6. Coordinate the ongoing utilization and maintenance of equipment. Ensure all equipment is maintained and utilized to meet service commitments, minimize costs, and operate safely.
7. Ensure that facility maintenance requirements are met. This includes but is not limited to scheduled/routine maintenance and unscheduled maintenance requirements.
8. Assist with customer service activities in a timely manner. Ensure that all service abnormalities or failures are properly communicated and dealt with to minimize operational and service impact.
9. Provide assistance with local sales activities.
10. Other duties as assigned and required.
1. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
2. Management experience in L.T.L. freight operations or comparable.
3. Basic computer skills with the ability to learn in-house or Microsoft Office programs.
4. Valid Class 1 license preferred.
5. Individuals with related qualifications and experience will be considered for this position.
6. Available as required outside normally scheduled work hours to deal with any operational issues.
7. Living in or willing to relocate to the Regina, Saskatchewan area.