Reporting to the Vice-President Gardewine - West this position is located in Northern Manitoba and is responsible for the ongoing management of Gardewine North terminals in the northern Manitoba service area. Overall responsibility includes (but is not limited to) areas such as operations, sales/marketing, administration, and staff mentoring/development. This individual will have responsibility for the profitability of the region. The successful candidate must be able to travel and manage all types of service issues whenever required.
1. Provide leadership and direction to the Terminal Managers with the goal of ensuring reliable, efficient, and safe services to our customers.
2. Through training and mentoring develop a team of professional, skilled, and knowledgeable managers and staff able to meet both the operational and administrative needs of our customers.
3. Ensure proper strategies and systems are in place for the recruitment, training, development, and retention of staff. This includes fostering a positive workplace environment and culture.
4. Support current customer base and develop new accounts. This includes expanding on business levels with our existing customers as well as pursuing new sales and marketing opportunities throughout the service area.
5. Ensure safe work practices and procedures are in place and utilized at all times. Investigate and follow-up on any workplace accidents and injuries. Ensure compliance with all regulated and non-regulated workplace health and safety requirements.
6. Monitor and meet financial performance levels of terminals as well as individual operational areas. Assist with the development of terminal and regional objectives and assume responsibility for the accomplishment of them.
7. Oversee the operation of the Thompson rail trans-load reload facility and loading of aircraft.
8. Assist in developing administrative efficiencies such as billing, accounts, receivable, terminal efficiency measures, claims administration, etc.
9. Communicate and work with other departments and regions to ensure high levels of customer service, operational efficiencies, business development, and employee satisfaction.
10. Perform other duties as assigned and required.
1. L.T.L. terminal management or comparable experience.
2. Extensive experience with business development, sales, customer service, and administration.
3. Proven ability to manage multiple locations of general freight terminals and related operations.
4. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to manage in a fast paced multiple priority environment.
6. Fluent in computer applications including the use of Microsoft Office software.
7. Ability to travel based on business requirements.
8. Currently living in or willing to relocate to the Northern Manitoba.
9. Applicants with related experience may be considered for this position.