Reporting to the Dock Lead Hand, this position is responsible for completing all types of warehouse work at the Brandon terminal. The successful candidate will need to be available to work the overnight shift from Sunday to Thursday. Hours of work may vary depending on operational and customer requirements.
- Contact customers, terminals and complete administrative duties to meet customers’ requirements.
- Count and inspect freight for damages, shortages, or overages while loading or stripping.
- Strip trailers and place freight in correct area of warehouse.
- Complete freight handling and loading activities.
- Handle shipments to minimize claims and maximize delivery efficiencies and load factors.
- Monitor and complete bills of lading and other shipping documents.
- Assist dockworkers and drivers to load, unload, and handle shipments as required.
- Keep an organized and clean dock area.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of freight handling.
- Able to perform all physical activities related to this position.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
Indeed - 30+ days ago