GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Pros and cons
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  100 King Street West28 November 2016
A typical day at work involves at least a couple of patrols of certain areas and floors, some walking, and all over the span of 8 to 12 hours, depending on the shift, though we sometimes have to stay longer, which I do not mind.
The hardest part is that I do not get along at all with two of the people with whom I have to work, although I try not to let it show, albeit my coworkers at their exceptions seem to have seen through how I feel toward them, though I thankfully get along quite well with all the others, which makes it nice to work there, so long as I avoid those two.
The most enjoyable parts are the patrols, as I do like walking around.
productive workplace
Escort individuals (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
best experience
more room for improvement
40 hours guaranteed
best place for work
friendly environment
coming to work was the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive work environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
Lots to learn, meet new people on a daily bases. Everyday is different.Lots of room to move within the company. Promotes internal promotions
Fast pace, energetic environment with opportunity to work with hundreds of different employees.
Screening point manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 November 2016
Ample opportunity to work with employees and directly deal with passengers on a daily basis. Upper management is very supportive and there is definitely a great working relationship and collaboration.
Pros
Great dealing with the public and ensuring passengers are safe.
Cons
Long hours and shift work from early mornings to late afternoon; no balance in schedule.
Good Benefits
Security Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Patrolled commercial premise to detect signs of intrusion, answer alarms and investigate disturbances
Supervised and authorized personnel entrance and generated activity reports and standard occurrence reports
Conducted and reviewed health & safety inspections to mitigate risks that could affect daily operations
Hazardous to health, safety and well-being
VAULT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2016
Managment tends to avoid useful ideas to help increase company's income, unionized employees have the tendency to think they are entitles to everything and no discipline action required. Procedures are followed accurately, but nobody is willing to praise supervisors/managment for a long day.
great place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
flexible schedule and willingness people. It was great to have a part time job that provided flexible;e schedule according to my availability.
Poor management, toxic environment
Cash messenger (Former Employee) –  Southern Alberta11 November 2016
Awful management, along side out of date equipment that they expect you to perform to there unrealistic standards. Even when you're working with what you got, your always in the wrong. Terrible support system, nobody from one city to the next gave a hoot about anyone just get home as fast as you can work and drive. ot all came down to the company making money, and not giving a hoot about the employee or the work we perform or dangers some have endured. The employee comes last. A clear sign of the companies and managers made employees arrogant and not care. Very disappointing
Pros
Good pay, above average benefits
Cons
No room for improvement or promotion, bad management, micro managing is a issue, very repetitive job tasks
Fun site to work at with little pressure.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 November 2016
Good companies to work with. Got along very well with fellow employees. work day consists off helping clients and tenants
of building when they require assistance. Good working
conditions.
Pros
Excellent supervisors. Work twelve hour shifts, then four days off.
Cons
Sometimes the shifts can be exhausting but I feel I cope well.
Productive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 October 2016
• Hiring administrative staff and providing training
• Calling patients; follow-up and providing service and product knowledge
• Invoicing, billing and dealing with insurance providers

Want to know more about GardaWorld?

Ask a question
Just read the news
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2016
No proper training. Not a safe environment. What you see in the news for the Edmonton location is merely the tip of the iceberg. Management is awful. This job is not worth your life. Turn around and look elsewhere.
Pros
Benefits. Possible overtime. Co workers.
Cons
Everything else
Unprofessional, worst job experience
Pre Boarding Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  YYC Calgary19 October 2016
The worst place to work at. I have never dealt with such unprofessional, uneducated and verbally abusive managers in my entire life. I don't recommend this place to anyone. Senior Officers have attitude problems most likely passed on from their managers or they have been working there too long it's gotten into them. Managers contradict one another and the training is very poor. If you have an education, please avoid this place, I'm sure you can find something a lot better. I feel sorry for the employees that work there. The pay is not even that great either. Maybe for those who lack education it may seem alright but it ain't. People will come and go.
Pros
Cons
Uneducated, unprofessional management, supervisors.
not enough worlk
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2016
was not getting enough work and company is not bad to work in there is some good workers to work with and working in this company was a good experience and learnt lots of things.
Pros
depends where you working
Cons
long and short hours
GardaWorld is perhaps a middle tier private security company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 October 2016
I would not rate GardaWorld as the greatest private Security Company, but it is quite better than most private security companies.
excellent management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  8200 Dixie Road Brampton14 October 2016
I have had a great experience working for Garda. The management is 2nd to none and the working atmosphere is great.

I have met many people of all different cultures and enjoy it.
Pros
nice office, best management team
Cons
low pay and benefits, no animals
productive workplace enviroment with room to grow
Full-time employee (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 October 2016
a typical day at work within Gardaworld would be start your shift do you patrols and train other guards if necessary that did not have the training and experience doing the position they were given
Guaranteed Hours and Shifts
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
I am basically working a floater position but the hours and shifts available are minimal. When hours are available, shifts are rather enjoyable and not to hard to complete.
Productive and safe
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 September 2016
Good environment , nice , paceful, long hours 12h/day , i like working with them
Cool , i learned a lot, good coworkers
Management good but so young but it is ok ..they know what they do they know the job
Senior Management Changes currently affecting workplace
GTA Branch Manager CIT Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2016
Great staff working hard to ensure they are #1 in the Industry. Company is currently going through a senior management change and cutting costs.
Solid
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2016
It pays well for a ridiculously easy job, especially if you end up on the night shift. Night shift itself I found to be nice and calm and relaxing, if a bit boring. The 4 days on/4 days off schedule was absolutely fantastic once you adjust, it gives you plenty of time for hobbies or out of town trips. You just can't do much on the days that you are working.

My main issue with the job was how utterly repetitive it got after the first couple of months, there wasn't much left to learn once you got the hang of it. And the lack of promotion options can make you feel a little trapped.

No problems with the management, either on site or from the headquarters. They were all very helpful and accommodating. And nearly all (nobody's perfect) my coworkers were very friendly and easy to get along with.

Overall I'd say it's a good temporary job to fill in a blank where you need to save some money.
Pros
decent pay, good work schedule, easy job/low stress
Cons
boring, no real advancement options, repititious

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9