GardaWorld Employee Reviews

interesting and respecful place with qualified professionnals
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 July 2017
I work for GARDA at an interesting place, I do customer services and I secure life, materials and goods. I love my job and I need to earn more money and face other situations.
Great job and co workers
Airport Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 June 2017
I enjoyed this job very much. I twas interesting and fulfilling to feel that I was part of making sure that people were safe. I learned to be aware at all times and work well under pressure of long lines of passengers and their flights about to take off.
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Decent Summer Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2017
Its a good job to make money but forget about having a social life or studying as it will consume anywhere from 8-12 hours of your day and if you're working nights then good luck.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Hours are long and tedious
Excellent
High Profile Security (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2017
Good opportunities. Flexible and try to match your personalities and skills.
They are well organized and have good costumer service skills.
Wide variety of sites and positions.
Best management team, enjoyable work environment
Pass Control Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2017
Hardest part of this job is handling unhappy customers from time to time. The best part is helping people, even going out of your way to do so. I have the best management team I could ask for.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
Its a place of hard work and dealing with clients on a daily basis. Its taking care of renovations. Handling out keys to cleaners, keeping a track of contractors,filling them in, writing reports,incident reports,damage to the site had to be reported. There used to be some fun times where we spot anything wrong across 8 buildings at Bay Street,we get a free coffee. I worked full time sometimes in the weekends depending on results. The hardest part of the job was patroling, management was supportive and I enjoyed dealing with clients.
Pros
Learning interaction skills
Cons
This company needs to work on some things..........
Worker (Current Employee) –  BC23 May 2017
• I have worked in security for a while now, and I have seen my share of incompetent people that should not do security, and this company has its fair share of them.

• This company fails to communicate on simplest of information that should be handed down to supervisors and/or guards.

• If you want to advance you have to bug them like crazy otherwise you sit in stasis.

• They are big out east but small here in comparison to other companies. They seem to lack the abilities to keep contracts.

• Head office has little to no idea what their sites are and send the wrong people to sites. They want contracts but fail to keep them by pi%@ing off the client with the wrong guard coverage.

• They have this thing where you go to all different site to be cross-trained to help with coverage instead of just working with the contracts to get more people in they have guards go all over the place to keep contracts.

• Its tally crazy how hard it can be to reach anyone in head office for any reason, including uniform stuff, or scheduling.

• If you have thicker skin or the patience of a monk, then I recommend one of the other bigger companies in the west coast.

• They are not a completely bad company they just seem to fail on organization, communication and can be out of touch with the sites they have. They can be fairly supportive and helpful; they just should work on the things listed above.
Pros
Bad comunication
Cons
You can work almost any where in world
Poor managment, terrible wages.
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon20 May 2017
Never seemed to be able to make over 30 hours a week, under paid big time. Didn't even break 11.50$ an hour. After being there for over a year. No one in office could tell me how our benefits worked or what they really covered. Was guilted into staying by the main manager when I was trying to hand in my two week notice. No room to advance either.
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay, hard to make full time hours, management doesnt really care about you
Too much politics
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2017
I've done a couple runs with these guys once again the work conditions vary from site to site and heaven help you if you get sent to a site where there's a lot of politics or a bad contract.

I had such a site and when I left that site I gave them a full story why. This got back to the contractor who did everything and I do mean everything in his power to make sure I didn't move to another site. And of course they were too lazy to actually check the facts no wonder why so many guards would refuse to work or go back to this location

There are worse companies out there though
global company
Mall Guard (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 May 2017
GardaWorld is a global company this gives many more options for positions and placement. This also gives more options for training and advancement. it also means they can get lost in there paperwork.
Micromanagement at it's finest
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
They are union based to seniority is top. If you are low on the ranking you won't get much for shifts. If you try to ask to change you get denied. You can trade or donate shifts, so that helps except for weekends and it would take 8-10 years to get weekends off.

The CPMs are good. The ones higher up like to micromanage. So if you are okay with someone constantly looking over your shoulder and then writing you up because you did your criss cross wrong then apply.
Half the people implementing the rules have never even done the job, so they make NO sense at all. High turn over.
The people are great though.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
Very productive person
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2017
I am a very productive person, tact and calm in discharging my assigned duties, fun to work with, pays attention to details and very assertive person.
It had it pros and cons.
Field Manager and Internal H&S Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 May 2017
It was a great company to work with specially if you want to have hands on experience in management. It was a fairly organised company and management was cooperative for the most part. The tough part about this job was that it left me with no personal life. I was on call 24/7 and the phone really rang. No overtime was paid for. But I learnt a lot during this one year.
They will work to meet your schedule needs if they can and the expect your best work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB10 May 2017
This has certainly one of the most satisfying work positions I've held. There's room for advancement and courses to help you in that endeavour. One thing I learned about report writing is to check, double check, and then check again to make sure it says what it's supposed to.
Pros
Cons
Working part-time I could not afford the benefit package.
outside hiring for managers
Armored Car Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2017
No opportunity for advancement. Hire managers outside of the workplace. Illegal and harassment tactics used by managers. Stressful environment, not because of job, but because of managers. Enjoy the pay and benefits, and overall job itself.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
managers
Fast paced working environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON4 May 2017
A great environment which allows one to grow their skill, which includes analytical, communication, verbal and written skills. great experience for students that want to go into the field.
Summary
Security operator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 May 2017
-Work environment is good
-gained more experience
-Office management is a little slow on proceedings ,mistakes in accounting and paychecks
-culture is alright
long shifts are the hardest to endure on the job
Good overall experience
Concierge (Current Employee) –  North York, ON26 April 2017
I have been with Garda World for one year. One of the better companies to work for. Good pay good benefits. No problem getting time off. Good training department. Room to grow . If you put in an effort your are treated great. If you only do the bare minimum that is what you get back.
I worked with good people and had a great account director.
so much fun and learning
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
Peaceful job and great experience .Highly skilled proffesionals to work with . Flexible yet highly paying jobs . So much to learn and great productive experience
Excellent
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2017
Great experience for me as I plan to go into border security once I graduate. Interview process was very good and they made me feel very relaxed.
The company answers any questions you have while learning your new job and they provide you with a manual for reference.
Pros
Hours accommodate my University schedule.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8