GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Fear based environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON12 March 2017
If you enjoy walking on eggshells and looking over your shoulder everyday coupled with the real risk of an employee going on a shooting spree while you have nothing to defend yourself with - then this is the company for you. From the CEO on down it is a 'blame everyone else" way of doing business. Lot's of poison in their "group-think" leadership team of Yes Men. Unless you plan to join through the union I would stay away. They treat their admin team terribly.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Too many
productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 December 2016
maintain the safety for the site and conduct interior and exterior patrols even 3 hours and assist tenants if they need any help.
Benefits
Everyday Floater
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2016
This company does not have much organized effort to have any data on you, I gave them my resume over 5 times and it is never on file. Long hours and low pay with no benefits and a union which doesn't do much. No advancement ever possible in this company your just a pawn to their bigger picture and just an employee number rather than a name.
Poor Organization and Terrible Work Practises
Regional Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2017
This organization continually lies to their employees and as a result represents a revolving door work culture. This is the only company that I have ever worked for that all the employees including managers hate going and being at work.
Stay away unless you're desperate
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2016
Its all about the client. If you have a good relationship with them, with good hours. Then you'll never have to deal with Garda.

If you ever lose the site, prepare for a headache.
The company will pull dirty tricks to find ways around your seniority and lie to you about available work.

Management is a joke. If your lucky enough to get ahold of someone they wont take your call seriously and you'll get nowhere.
Pros
Good for students
Cons
Bad hours, inconsitent work, bad managment.
Great Job Oppurtunity
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
GardaWorld is an internationally successful and growing security company. Working for this company as Dispatch gave me experiences that help me deal with individuals on a day to day basis, beyond what an associate level in customer service could.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
High Management Turnover
Productive and safe
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 September 2016
Good environment , nice , paceful, long hours 12h/day , i like working with them
Cool , i learned a lot, good coworkers
Management good but so young but it is ok ..they know what they do they know the job
Poorly managed
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  mobile operative8 March 2017
Poorly operated and managed company. Managers with little to no experience in employee interactions. Company has a tendency to violate the ESA and other labour laws. Seemed very disorganized and show no values in its employees.
Pros
days off
Cons
long hours shift work
Tough to get regular hours, pay rates are poor, management group are busy and tough to get a response.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2016
With so many full and part time employees, it is hard to get anyone to know who you are. Often have difficulty getting a response when requesting needed items to do the job. Often have to correct the payroll department on pay and statements.
Cons
poor pay rates, long hours in some jobs
Productive and fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 January 2017
• Ensuring people and premises are safe at all times
• Responsible for foot, mobile patrolling, radar use and issuing violation tickets on site
• Driving ambulances and acting as first responder in case of emergencies
• Completing detailed incident and accident reports
Pros
Mobile patrol
Cons

Want to know more about GardaWorld?

Ask a question
Great staff and management
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
I loved working for Garda! they were very accommodating for my needs and wants within the time frame I needed to be there, I was only in Alberta for about 4 months and wanted to earn some money while I was there before I came back home to Ontario for school.
Pros
monday-friday work
Cons
low salary rates for some locations
Loved it
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 February 2017
I loved working here, I stayed at Suncor site from day one til the day i left, I regretted leaving the day i did it. there a great company to work for and very accommodating.
Pros
People, Salary, Accommodating
A Job
SCREENING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  James Richardson International Airport2 January 2017
Great job interesting day to day events keep you motivated, to want to keep going to work. Management should learn people skills and how to manage properly.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Managers micro managing
Terrible all aroubd
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 December 2016
Managers and supervisors are inexperienced and unorganized. Pay is terrible, hours are terrible (days nights evenings with short rest). Company is only interested in making money for itself. No interest with in the employees. Terrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
No pay. Bad management. Poor you're.
Best in the business
Security Supervisor / Emergency Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 February 2017
Best in the business and knows how to train and treat their employee with ut most respect. They have a decent benefits package better than any other security organization in canada.
garbage company
Security Guard c (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
one of the worst company ive ever worked for. They expect so much from you, dont expect management to have your back because they wont, got really sick once brought in a doctors note and still got written up for it. wouldnt recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
co workers are my only pros
Cons
everything
As per below.
Director Airports (Former Employee) –  6500 Silver Dart Drive, MIssissauga8 January 2017
Was laid off due to Corporate restructure at Garda.
The company is being sold off and Director level positions were eliminated nation-wide unfortunately
Pros
Car allowonce
Cons
Inability for advancement
busy work place to be
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
At work I would have desk duties: check the camera's, check the doors, let people in the building and give them appropriate keys. I also used to work in the field by doing set up's and take down's. I secured the doors etc
Pros
busy work day
Cons
Garda world is well reputed security company for job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 January 2017
During my job with garda world I really feel very comfortable to performed my duties and management was also very coopartive with staff and employees.
Great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2016
Great culture, supportive environment. When projects get hard everyone is helpful and kind. There is a lot of trust in the team and there is nobody I don't like.Great office location, flexible working hours. My life is nicer now I working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9