GardaWorld Employee Reviews

It had it pros and cons.
Field Manager and Internal H&S Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 May 2017
It was a great company to work with specially if you want to have hands on experience in management. It was a fairly organised company and management was cooperative for the most part. The tough part about this job was that it left me with no personal life. I was on call 24/7 and the phone really rang. No overtime was paid for. But I learnt a lot during this one year.
They will work to meet your schedule needs if they can and the expect your best work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB10 May 2017
This has certainly one of the most satisfying work positions I've held. There's room for advancement and courses to help you in that endeavour. One thing I learned about report writing is to check, double check, and then check again to make sure it says what it's supposed to.
Pros
Cons
Working part-time I could not afford the benefit package.
outside hiring for managers
Armored Car Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2017
No opportunity for advancement. Hire managers outside of the workplace. Illegal and harassment tactics used by managers. Stressful environment, not because of job, but because of managers. Enjoy the pay and benefits, and overall job itself.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
managers
Fast paced working environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON4 May 2017
A great environment which allows one to grow their skill, which includes analytical, communication, verbal and written skills. great experience for students that want to go into the field.
Great Work Environment and a Career Opportunity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2017
Working for GardaWorld Inc was a Real Career Changer In Starting out as a Security Guard You Learn A Lot From Experience and Working for them Gave me My Opportunity to become a Security Officer
Pros
Expanding into Security Opportunity
Cons
Summary
Security operator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 May 2017
-Work environment is good
-gained more experience
-Office management is a little slow on proceedings ,mistakes in accounting and paychecks
-culture is alright
long shifts are the hardest to endure on the job
enjoyable and productive work environment
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 May 2017
I have worked with great supervisors and managers and learned from them time management, leadership, GardaWorld paperwork, client relations, emergency evacuation plans, educating guards with toolbox meetings and feedback. There is no hard parts in working as security in my opinion.
Excellent company to work for.
Armed Guard (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 May 2017
Gardaworld cash services is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. The management was very understanding. My mother went through a bad time and got into a bad car accident I called my boss 30 minutes prior to my shift starting and she had no problem and found somebody else to work a couple shifts for me as I went to help her. The pay was great and then work was challenging. I highly recommend if you have the qualifications for this job to apply go to Gardaworld cash services.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
shift work
Make what you do for yourself
Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Billy Bishop Toronto Island Airport30 April 2017
Pretty much like any other job except this one has an identity problem, at least from what I've seen between Pearson and the island. Let me put it to you this way, the guy who's photogenic and more pleasing to the eyes in public but lazy and disshonest, AKA dissapears (AKA Steals company TIME), never works and takes shortcuts has a better chance at a promotion than someone who's more plain looking, works harder and is more honest. Soo, take a guess at how our managers are like. Yes, they are that shallow, and lazy and many really just work hard at not pulling their weight! Oh, and the average worker has a better chance of being bullied then the already mentioned click groups, they expect you to raise the bar yet would never even work on the line when they were screeners in the first place so they expect you to test out their hair brained theories on a live line and watch and take notes. In the 11 years I've been a screener, I have asked many managers and trainers Catsa and Garda alike for them to show me and perform as you would expect me to do. The few that have tried, lets just say, the bar starts to lower a few knotches back to reality. BTW, when working there, to identify a click member, look for the ones with the Garda star awards. I as well as some that I've known have literally saved lives, taken unpaid tittles and responsibilities numerous times while in Uniform in this company and will never be considered. As a matter of fact, any real worker don't want this award as it carries the stigma the laziness and the lies. Pfft, don't need it. But what I do need is a steady  more... income to bring back and take care of my family and That is what they provide for me. That's what I want and that's what I've got. To bad that's all going to change in a few years time as it's in the works that we're going to be reducing the 5 man screening lines to 2. So, there we go, Garda Management, you can do two things, you can react as expected and maneuver for my dismissal or you can strive to raise the bar with your relations with the common worker. The choice is yours.  less
Pros
It's a job, it's long term, it helps me take care of my family
Cons
Company cutbacks, do more for less, too many people prefer to look good than to actually work, too many managers let them get away with it.To many friends helping friends and losing objectivity
Good overall experience
Concierge (Current Employee) –  North York, ON26 April 2017
I have been with Garda World for one year. One of the better companies to work for. Good pay good benefits. No problem getting time off. Good training department. Room to grow . If you put in an effort your are treated great. If you only do the bare minimum that is what you get back.
I worked with good people and had a great account director.

Want to know more about GardaWorld?

Ask a question
so much fun and learning
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
Peaceful job and great experience .Highly skilled proffesionals to work with . Flexible yet highly paying jobs . So much to learn and great productive experience
great learning tools, plenty of hours for work, good coworkers
gatehouse, front desk security (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2017
one of the largest security and protective services provider in Canada. they provide good benefits, great programs for getting advanced knowledge in the industry. Wide variety of work sites and hence work environments.
Management and chain of command is poor/ only works top down. career advancement opportunities are available but the ability to use them is lacking. You have to literally argue with management to hear you out for career advancement and pay raise. Management can be a little unprofessional and uncivil when discussing matter. Threats for sullying employment record and suspension are common.
Pros
courses, multiple sites
Cons
poor scheduling, poor management, poor communication
Excellent
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2017
Great experience for me as I plan to go into border security once I graduate. Interview process was very good and they made me feel very relaxed.
The company answers any questions you have while learning your new job and they provide you with a manual for reference.
Pros
Hours accommodate my University schedule.
Cons
Esprit d'equipe hors norm.
Securite (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC19 April 2017
J'aime bien travailler pour cette entreprise.
J'aime bien Garda World.
Pros
stationnement gratuit
Cons
aucun
Interesting job
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2017
Motivational
Law enforcement
Average management
Friendly employment
No rising up in the company
Security and professionalism

Looking for something challenging in my own field
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Nothing to rise in company
Very poor Mangement/ rude controllers in Edmonton/
Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
Been working for garda for almost 3 years, good hours, pay is not bad but they always try to lower it down some how and their employees in the control centre in Edmonton are very rude. Employees there never take anyone serious even tho u tell them that yu have been on site for hours. Other than that I am happy with garda but them idiots in the Control centre need to be talked to.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor control system / rude employees
Good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
Really good company if your looking to to get extra hours put into your week. The only down side is that they tend to give you the same positions and rely on seniority.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Same positions
Evolving business model
Manager, Operations Management, Vault and Coin (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2017
As the armored car industry undergoes a shift in business priorities Gardaworld management is attempting to walk in step with their customers while looking for new opportunities. They have a constant focus on cost savings that often translates into the loss of exceptional people to attrition.
Pros
Average pay with benefits and pension
Cons
Long hours, high stress levels
Sécurité de l'emploi
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 April 2017
Coupure toute azimute des employés basé sur des critères non fondés.
Pros
possibilité d'avoir ses 40 h
Cons
insecurité d'emplois
Productive work environment
CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  555 Richmond st.w3 April 2017
Key responsibilities included surveillance of properties managed by Garda Global, also patrol detail.
Updating log books for record keeping with after hours finance management and then securing funds into a safe
Pros
Great Work Benefits
Cons
Rotational Shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9