GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Environnement de travail calme
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2017
l'aspect le plus agréable de ce poste c'est sa tranquillité ce qui me permettait d'être plus productif
Mieux ancienne administration
N/A (Former Employee) –  Montreal22 June 2017
Une entreprise américaine qui se fout royalement de la langue française qu importe votre expérience de travail vous ne serez rien d autre qu un ... pion
Pros
Souvent mise a l amende par le comité paritaire
Cons
C est qu elle existe comme entreprise
Big Corp job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 June 2017
This job was decent in they way that Garda themselves ran things. The problem was that they had a big company with little people running the show. They did not choose qualified or moral people to be managers or supervisors. When I worked there we had a tyrant of a manger on site and the turn over rate was substantial. Yet nothing was done about the way the workers were treated. They also took advantage of foreign workers. But everything there was very structured in a procedural sense, so I really did learn a lot about the security business in this position. Would love to see security companies taking more consideration into whom they hire.
Pros
7/7 work shifts
Cons
Horrible manager
your important
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 June 2017
Come onto the job site finding your notes for what your suppose to do for that day or night sitting and taking notes patrolling around buildings. and if in case of emergency call police
Pros
being in charge
Cons
no body protection
on peut être permanent mais jamais à temps plein.
Agente de sureté / sécurité (Current Employee) –  Sept-Îles, QC21 June 2017
J'aime travaillé mais j'ai besoin de temps plein de 36 à 40 heures / semaines. Personne ne peut vivre en dessous de ça.
Pros
Ce n'est pas routinier
Cons
On doit tout payer de nos poches malgré ce maigre salaire
Decent Summer Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2017
Its a good job to make money but forget about having a social life or studying as it will consume anywhere from 8-12 hours of your day and if you're working nights then good luck.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Hours are long and tedious
Bon salaire et avantages sociaux pour les calification demender
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC16 June 2017
Le travail consiste généralement à effectuer des rondes du périmètre à pied ou en véhicule et remplir un rapport quotidien précis et représentatif de vos observations, l'agent de sécurité doit bien savoir faire la différence entre son client et son employeur.
Pros
Bon salaire pour les qualifications demender
Cons
Ils n'y a pas une fortes précarité d'emploi
Excellent
High Profile Security (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2017
Good opportunities. Flexible and try to match your personalities and skills.
They are well organized and have good costumer service skills.
Wide variety of sites and positions.
Best management team, enjoyable work environment
Pass Control Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2017
Hardest part of this job is handling unhappy customers from time to time. The best part is helping people, even going out of your way to do so. I have the best management team I could ask for.
environnement de travail stimulant et motivant
Signaleur routier (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC1 June 2017
J'ai eu une très belle expérience en travaillant avec l'équipe des signaleurs de Gardaworld.
Pros
voyages payés
Cons
sur appel- instabilité financière
En tenant compte du nombre d'employés de l'entreprise difficile de progresser dans l'entreprise..
Agent de sécurité transport sécuritaire CJM (Current Employee) –  Montérégie, QC25 May 2017
Une entreprise qui a beaucoup de difficultés à reconnaître de bons agents qui sont expérimentés et de reconnaître l'ancienneté de site des contrats ou pour leurs proposer une promotion
Cons
Conditions de travail pour certains postes sont nuls
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
Its a place of hard work and dealing with clients on a daily basis. Its taking care of renovations. Handling out keys to cleaners, keeping a track of contractors,filling them in, writing reports,incident reports,damage to the site had to be reported. There used to be some fun times where we spot anything wrong across 8 buildings at Bay Street,we get a free coffee. I worked full time sometimes in the weekends depending on results. The hardest part of the job was patroling, management was supportive and I enjoyed dealing with clients.
Pros
Learning interaction skills
Cons
This company needs to work on some things..........
Worker (Current Employee) –  BC23 May 2017
• I have worked in security for a while now, and I have seen my share of incompetent people that should not do security, and this company has its fair share of them.

• This company fails to communicate on simplest of information that should be handed down to supervisors and/or guards.

• If you want to advance you have to bug them like crazy otherwise you sit in stasis.

• They are big out east but small here in comparison to other companies. They seem to lack the abilities to keep contracts.

• Head office has little to no idea what their sites are and send the wrong people to sites. They want contracts but fail to keep them by pi%@ing off the client with the wrong guard coverage.

• They have this thing where you go to all different site to be cross-trained to help with coverage instead of just working with the contracts to get more people in they have guards go all over the place to keep contracts.

• Its tally crazy how hard it can be to reach anyone in head office for any reason, including uniform stuff, or scheduling.

• If you have thicker skin or the patience of a monk, then I recommend one of the other bigger companies in the west coast.

• They are not a completely bad company they just seem to fail on organization, communication and can be out of touch with the sites they have. They can be fairly supportive and helpful; they just should work on the things listed above.
Pros
Bad comunication
Cons
You can work almost any where in world
Être capable de m'adapter à n'importe quel environnement de travail
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC23 May 2017
Je suis quelqu'un qui a beaucoup d'expériences dans le domaine de la sécurité! Très fort mentalement et physiquement! Capable de travailler pendant de longues heures debout. Je respecte la hiérarchie! Très très ponctuel et fiable.
Pros
Je suis très habile et flexible
Cons
Niveau d'anglais pas parfait
Poor managment, terrible wages.
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon20 May 2017
Never seemed to be able to make over 30 hours a week, under paid big time. Didn't even break 11.50$ an hour. After being there for over a year. No one in office could tell me how our benefits worked or what they really covered. Was guilted into staying by the main manager when I was trying to hand in my two week notice. No room to advance either.
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay, hard to make full time hours, management doesnt really care about you
Too much politics
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2017
I've done a couple runs with these guys once again the work conditions vary from site to site and heaven help you if you get sent to a site where there's a lot of politics or a bad contract.

I had such a site and when I left that site I gave them a full story why. This got back to the contractor who did everything and I do mean everything in his power to make sure I didn't move to another site. And of course they were too lazy to actually check the facts no wonder why so many guards would refuse to work or go back to this location

There are worse companies out there though
global company
Mall Guard (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 May 2017
GardaWorld is a global company this gives many more options for positions and placement. This also gives more options for training and advancement. it also means they can get lost in there paperwork.
*heures d'heures de travail par jour. Bien structurée comme organisation. Bel esprit d'équipe. Faire de longues heures de travail debout.
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 May 2017
En principe, l'on travaille huit heures de travail par jour, parfois sur certains contrats, l'on pouvait travailler durant 16 heures de travail. Il faut tout de même faire observer que c'était une organisation qui est bien gérée et structurée. Il est important de noter que je suis le fruit de la transaction. En 2009, La compognie de sécurité Sécurité Kollosal et Best régionnal avaient été achétées par Garda Sécurité Worldl. C,est comme ça que je me suis retrouvé chez Garda.
Je desteste parfois rester débout pendant de longues heures de travail. J'adore parlé avec le public. Il ya un b el esprit d'équipe chez mes collabarateurs. Il faut resoecter les reglements et les politiques de l'entreprise,
Bon experience
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 May 2017
Contrat Air Transat : contrôle d'accès, distributions des clés
Pros
Repas gratuit au fete
Cons
Pas assurance dentaire
Une belle expérience avec des technologies avancées
Programmeur-Analyste Web Senior (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 May 2017
Une belle expérience avec des technologies avancées dans le domaine du développement Web avec la méthodologie Agile

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9