GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Not For Everyone who likes to work with the public
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
This job is not for everyone who likes to help others. It is the total opposite of working in retail. I would recommend it to people who want to work with the public but not in the retail industry. I also thought the pay wasn't good for the type of work you do.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Progressive and Valuable
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2017
I have worked for GardaWorld Ottawa for a while now and all I have to say is wow. This branch has changed so drastically in the past year or so. Everything from the company culture and people, to the office layout itself and the recent renovations the office has undergone. The management team presently operating out of the Ottawa office have been supportive, understanding, and committed to providing the best services possible to not only their clients, but also the ever committed workforce that drives the organization in the national capital region.

All in all GardaWorld Ottawa has seemingly become an environment conducive to personal success and development, providing new employees with the opportunity to become something more than what they were when they started.
Pros
Team oriented, and results driven
The work was o.k. but the travel was a little difficult.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2017
Very Difficult to advance to a supervisor position.
Management hard to get a hold of. A Very restricting place to work.
I did like the fact I was in loss prevention which I have been doing for a very long time.
Pros
wage was good.
Cons
No advancement
Poor leadership and management team (Calgary Airport Security)
Security screening (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2017
While GardaWorld might be less than ideal company to work for overall, the front-line management team at the Calgary airport is absolutely the worst! The hardest part of the job is dealing with the amount of politics, backstabbing, and the fear based environment. Throwing people under the bus is a norm because management is full of immature and incompetent pansies who always look for a scapegoat instead of addressing their own errors. They surround themselves with "yes" people and get rid of everyone that have any sense of integrity. As a result, resentment builds up among the hard working staff members who see the squawkers and "yes people" get ahead without merit or get off when they clearly screwed up. The pay is not competitive with market rates and they expect staff to stay late, not have washroom breaks, or have any work/life balance. Beware and Stay away!!!
Pros
None to speak of.
Cons
Incompetent management team who constantly throw people under the bus, catty environment filled with drama, instilled culture of "trust no one"
work place is v v good
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  brampton toronto mississaqua16 March 2017
I feel garda is great and best company to srve for security guard.they offer better pay. Medical benefit.team work.management is very good look after their employee well.supervisor always co operative to guard. Extend guide line to perform duty.garda sites are very nice. They have maximum maal. Petrolling guard also safe. Garda alwsys provide site near to guard home if possible. There is mo threat or violence at work place. People all the wsy praises garda company gor good culture. Good psy structures. Good benefits. I feel it is good to get in to garda world
Fear based environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON12 March 2017
If you enjoy walking on eggshells and looking over your shoulder everyday coupled with the real risk of an employee going on a shooting spree while you have nothing to defend yourself with - then this is the company for you. From the CEO on down it is a 'blame everyone else" way of doing business. Lot's of poison in their "group-think" leadership team of Yes Men. Unless you plan to join through the union I would stay away. They treat their admin team terribly.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Too many
Poorly managed
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  mobile operative8 March 2017
Poorly operated and managed company. Managers with little to no experience in employee interactions. Company has a tendency to violate the ESA and other labour laws. Seemed very disorganized and show no values in its employees.
Pros
days off
Cons
long hours shift work
Always changing, fast-paced work environment
Checkpoint Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2017
Garda World is a fun, fast-paced work environment. There are new and different tasks everyday keep your mind sharp, and never creates a dull work environment.
Loved it
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 February 2017
I loved working here, I stayed at Suncor site from day one til the day i left, I regretted leaving the day i did it. there a great company to work for and very accommodating.
Pros
People, Salary, Accommodating
Exciting pace to Work.
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
People you'll be working with are "different" but when they start to know them and vise-versa they are the kindest and most respectful people.
it was a ''OK'' job
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2017
the hardest part sometimes was to have enough working hours in a week. But overall it was ok, they have enough places to work, cause unless we are assinged to a specific contract, we stayed on calls and move from one place to another.
Pros
working conditions were good
Cons
we were treated like a number
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
Good place to work. Flexible. Various work sites. Good pay. Enjoyed being able to work on my own and hours I wanted. Only reason I left was to pursue educational opportunities in a different field.
Best in the business
Security Supervisor / Emergency Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 February 2017
Best in the business and knows how to train and treat their employee with ut most respect. They have a decent benefits package better than any other security organization in canada.
Horrible Management
Corporate Security (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 February 2017
was kicked off schedule last minute because i didnt have First aid and CPR level C but did have level A because of their conflict with City of Brampton
Great place, unstable hours
Cash service messenger (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 February 2017
Love the people and love the place, but even after 2 years of dedicated service there I will be shift cuts and I will be loosing many hours! This is crazy to me.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Hours
Great team
Signaleur (Former Employee) –  Mercier, QC14 February 2017
I learn a lot whit them and came across great people i really liked my experience whit garda world and i think its a good opportunity for anybody who is looking for a job.
not a bad place to work
Loss Prevention Coordinator/officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2017
not a bad place to work trained in Private Investigations. Management a bit weak no follow up on staff, need more training to improve client relationships.
Flexible, fun and challenging
Administrative Professional (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
Every day is different and interesting in an ever changing environment. Very easy to trade/donate and pick up shifts to fit your schedule. Great job if you enjoy providing customer service and working with people but can be physically exhausting
Everyday is unique and enjoyable
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2017
Working as a Security Guard aided me in growing into the Strong & Independent man I am today. Easy to speak to managers makes the sites great to work at, as well as helping people makes the job amazing. From assisting people in need to arresting people, its the most full-filling career I could have picked and has made me a very happy man. Thank You Garda.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
No "Thank You's" normally given
Environment was pleasant enough
Data entry for guard info (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2017
The workplace was not a bad eviorment, but there was a very distinct division between the guards, office staff, and dispatchers. It was made very clear that the office staff were seperate from the rest of the company.

Dispatchers started their shifts from 6:30 am -6:30 pm, we were not allowed to take lunches till after the office staff came back from long lunches, and then complain if they had to take over the phones so we could have our lunch, many occassions lunch was only eaten partically due to the fact we had to answer calls.

Management was vey disorganized, too many cooks in the kitchen, which resulted to a huge huge mistake in vacation pay, and misunderstandings that i was forced to quit my job, because i couldn't get to work,lost my car, and almost my place to live in, because of the finacial mess of vacation pay.All I was told was sorry, theres nothing we can do, and there was a mistake from the accountanting department in Montreal. My experiance in Garda was not a very good one, and wouldnt work for them again, they don't care about the little people.
Pros
good money
Cons
treated as a seperate part of the company.

2.9