GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Company cares about money they make off guards, not about the guards themselves
Senior Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 November 2017
Extremely poor management at the office - unprofessional and judgmental - only people who wanted to help are no longer there. Constant payroll errors and lackadaisical work attitude by management. This, along with any other security company, is only there to make a buck and will sacrifice guards to the whims of clients without a second thought.
RH in Ottawa is very bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 November 2017
Had an interview in Ottawa and tell you the truth the lady in charge need to go back in school , yawn in youre face not too professional and didn’t explain what’s really the jobs offers .
Pros
Don’t see any
Cons
RH Department Ottawa
Environnement tres agreable et desire d aider les gens
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Rive sud et montreal17 November 2017
Jai appris à avoir une faciliter à désamorcer des situation de conflit et appliquer les exigence de l employeur faire respecter les loi en vigueur de lemployeur faciliter d approche positive face au publique que je côtoyaient.
Pros
A avoir une satisfaction d avoir aider des clients
Cons
Aucun
A company with many sites to chooses from. Do so carefully.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
A good company depending on placement. There are many sites to choose from. Some should be avoided. CPR/First aid training is provided. Rules vary from site to site.
Pros
8 hour shifts.
Cons
No job security.
Enjoyable place to work
Mobile Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2017
A typical work day included completed regular patrols and alarm response. I learned alot about the security industry, and improved problem solving skills. The culture was good. the hardest part of the job was time management.
high stress job with little satisfaction
Cash Services Agent/Armoured Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2017
Very high stress job that puts your life at risk every shift. The environment was negative most of the time and we weren't treated the greatest. The hardest part of the job was going on the front line daily risking your life.
Team Lead - Maple Leaf Square (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
Low paying, lots of nonsense from individuals, expectation is to always go out of your way for others but they will not go out of their way for you. Clients like to use you as a way to vent out their personal problems.
Cons
travail tranquille mais parfois un peu stréssant
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC9 November 2017
l'emploi chez Garda, comme partout ailleurs, est un emploi qui parfois peut être tranquille comme il peut être vraiment stressant. Ainsi, tel est le cas lorsque tu ne connais pas à l'avance ton horaire.
Cons
travail sur appel
Garbage
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2017
Worked 9 years with the company as Supervisor but never got proper support from the management whenever I had a problem 95% of the time it was never resolved always worked short staffed and if call manager the response would be you are Supervisor find guards yourself
Great place to work.
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon6 November 2017
Recruit and interview security guards for Saskatoon and Northern Saskatchewan. Create job postings and advertise these jobs. Manage the onboarding, orientation and training of all new hires. Manage and maintain uniforms. Organize the security course training for potential guards. Other administration duties as requested.
The management created an learning environment, an open door policy. I learnt to deal with different cultural and personalities. Learning to understand the different languages and styles.
The hardest part was keeping employees as the roles where part-time/ on call and paid minimum wage.
I enjoyed the interaction with the public and employees.
Pros
goods hours of work
Cons
low salary
A really great place to work, learn and grow.
Mobile Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
I really enjoy working for GardaWorld. Not only that you are working as an employee, but they make you feel like part of the family. Really helpful office staff and also you can get the opportunity to grow.
Typical day at work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2017
I start @ 6am, when I am on-site I sign in onto my phone, give out RF scanners to employees, check my emails, do two patrols in the warehouse facility, do one parking patrol for vehicles, if there are any reports that need to be completed I take pictures of the incident, i brainstorm my report and then put it all together in a paragraph form. That is my typical day at work
Pros
Good people
Cons
Pay rate
Basic job to start working at site
Security Officer@ Syncrude (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 November 2017
It is a good company to work if you like security. They make it very hard to get raises and every month there is a new set of rules. You have keep using your PPE that they provided. If it gets damaged or old you will have to buy your own or get it from somewhere else. Very hard to move up the ladder as well. You do not get any unpaid time off in first year as well which I found to be very odd. Also, getting mutual shifts is so hard. They supported me during my tough times. So I do not hold anything against them. The crew was very nice to work with.
Pros
Excellent crew, friendly people, lots of overtime
Cons
Less pay, management, too many unnecessary rules, medical benefits were not so great.
A évité
Qc (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2017
Aucune considération pour ses employées il te jette a la poubelle comme un vieux déchet il t'utilise , presse le citron jusqu'a temps qu'il n'y ai plus de jus et vous devez avoir au minimum 20 années avant d'etre temp plein évité cette compagnie comme la peste...
Pros
rien
Cons
tout
Everything varies but you need stamina
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
The work varies depending on what place you get assigned to as they have a lot of different venues that they hire you for. It is highly favorable to get a truck driver's licence since it allows you more jobs to choose from. The assignments are generally first come first served and as long as you have the perseverance to get through these assignments then you can finish the job admirably. There are not many chances to socialize on site since communications are mostly reserved for observation and relative scanning.
N/a
Supervisor Guard (Former Employee) –  Bell Tower27 October 2017
i learned alot, but they way they manage each site isnt good. i worked at a site for almost 2 years and they removed me for no reason. i didnt get a chance to explain myself for whatever they think i did. it was wrong i blame the account managers !
Wonderful company to work for
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB26 October 2017
I gained greater confidence and learned many new skills.

If you like working in a fast paced environment and being part of a team, being screening officer is a great career for you!
Lower then low
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
Long hours, boring work, great for people who have no life or family to attend to. A good job if you just want to sit around and do nothing and get paid minimal amounts of money for minimal amounts of work.
Pros
Paid to sleep becuase the jobs are Secluded lonely and boring
Cons
Secluded, Lonely and boring
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC18 October 2017
Without going deep into details, I can say that GardaWorld is a good place where a security guard should work. I come to this conclusion because of the management, the team, the benefits, the way the work is conducted and many other things.
Fuyez
Gardien de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 October 2017
J'ai travaillé a la paie ou les dizaines de filles employées sont toutes des roumaines ou de l'est et on peur de parler de l'ambiance horrible qu'il y a dans ce service.
J'ai parlé, je pensais en toute confidentialité, aux ressources humaines d'un problème, qui sont allés le répéter au responsable de la paie et ont licenciés la personne sans vrai motifs
Aucun respect des employés

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8