Garda World Employee Reviews

Unorganized
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2016
Poor management. No Work/life culture. No room for advancement. Wage is poor. Concerning amount of people have very little interpersonal skills.
Supervisors are all talk
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 March 2016
supervisors have no communications skills, when you do finally speak with them about issues they act big and bad and say they will take care of issues and then nothing happens
Pros
benefits due to union
Cons
union fees, idiot supervisors
Fun family oriented place to work
Assistant Security Supervisor, Dixie Outlet Mall (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2016
I worked at ServiceMaster of Canada as a summer position.

I absolutely loved it there, everyone is friendly, caring and management is the best! always looking out for you and your best interests.
Pros
everything about the company
Cons
only summer possition
Work night shift love to do alarms
Patrouilleur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2016
As a patroller I get all sorts of calls. From breaking and entering to robberies to making sure that there is no one in the automatic bank teller that is sleeping or just hanging around. The nights are never the same. its fret.
Pros
Action
Cons
Not much advancement.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North York, ON15 December 2015
Staff all around was good to be with, but management need to work on there staff skills. Co-workers always made the day interesting and always had questions never scared to ask me. Hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done when new things would happen throughout the shift. The most enjoyable part was seeing that everyone from my staff to the tenants of building always said hi and were thankful of our hard work.
Cold corporation
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC13 May 2016
This company never accomodated me in terms of getting a leave of absence. They took me back but put me at the bottom of the list.
Think of yourself as the client
Dispatch Operator and scheduler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 April 2016
Working with GardaWorld, i have learned how to treat the client as it if it was yourself. They made me grow as an employee but also as a person
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2016
I have always became an integral part of a team oriented organization where I can assist in achieving dynamic results for the company and personal professional growth.
Canada's bottom 10 Employers to work for!
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2016
Under qualified Management, Do it my way or the Highway attitude!
Below average Pay scales. No work life balance. Lack of respect for employees, collective agreements and labor laws.
Pros
Cons
To many to list! ask anyone working for GARDA
Easy and fun place
Co-Op Education (Former Employee) –  Security, CO4 February 2016
This company was a great company to do a co-op education with. Overall the employees and management was great but the time between shifts were a little much as they didn't give you much time to sleep
Pros
Went to various locations and met great people
Cons
Shift time scheduling
Great place to get started with security
Physical Security (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 December 2015
So far, I've learned a lot with this company. The online course program with GardaWorld's Career Development Centre is a good tool to keep occupied during free time, and very informative. I enjoy the working environment at my current site. It's great to be part of a team where everyone looks out for each other. I've also learned to navigate trough CCTV and scheduling computer programs. I'm very thankful for the experience gained as a casual guard first, at various types of sites. I've greatly enjoyed working many of them, and am thankful for my experience obtained at each post.
Quartermaster / Logistics support (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 January 2016
A great team, due to a downturn in Oil Prices I was laid off but I would love to work with Gardworld again in the future. I learned about International Standards and Practices. I was exposed to new technology and implementation of new and current security software.
Pros
Energetic Productive Fun
Cons
Im not there.
There is no scope for growth at the present employer
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
I had to train myself independently as the company does not provide training for floaters. There are also no benefits for part timers in the company.
productive work experience
Mobile Operative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2016
On a typical day on the job, every operative is required to arrive on time for their scheduled shift work and obtain all the necessary work related equipment. Memo book documentations, Reports and key audit forms must be organized and update to date. It is required to patrol buildings on the behalf the clients

I have learned to focus on the areas during a patrol that must be attended to; such as, fire panels, electrical rooms, mag lock, alarm panels etc.

Dealing with Management can be difficult due to the fact they are busy handling cooperate affairs but it is very important to remain patient and be vocal on an issue concerning to personal matters.

The hardest part of the job is the overwhelming responsibility tasked to every operative while performing their duties. In order to stay on top of the work-load it is necessary to be organized while working efficiently..

The enjoyable parts of the job is learning the scope of the security business and using all of that knowledge for future endeavors.
Pros
work opportunites
Cons
Pay rate
security guard
security guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2016
no jobs, have been working with them for 3 yrs now and have not a permanent site, every time you call the scheduling, they have no shift or give you a 1-4 day shift. no money. Why can't they give us permanent sites first and give those who got hired after you a site??? Bad management at our Calgary office.
Great experience as a security guard
Site Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 February 2016
You learn how to have excellent communication skills. Also helps you learn to think fast and act fast depending on certain situations. You gain a lot of experience working as a security guard.
New different experience for me, learned many things.
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 January 2016
Learned the policies and statements to e a security guard and get a very confident and responsable doind the daily duties, focused in the security and respectfuly environment
Cons
8 to t10
Good and bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bissett, MB1 February 2016
I really enjoyed working for Garda at San Gold.The schedule was great and I loved the job. Unfortunately due to lack of management prescience at the job site the contract was lost and therefore employment was discontinued.
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 March 2016
days were quite but productive, I have learned more observational and people skills. Management is precise and friendly, what I enjoy is a day with no incidents.
I work with a bunch of great people
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 February 2016
The hours are long but they gave us good brake. I enjoyed working in Edmonton at Garda, I would recommend that Airport Screening Staff.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
long work hours

2.9