Garda World Employee Reviews

Challanging & Stressfull
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
- always on the go.
- not much room for advancement
- management was not adapt to change
- working with unionized members
Good and bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bissett, MBFebruary 1, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Garda at San Gold.The schedule was great and I loved the job. Unfortunately due to lack of management prescience at the job site the contract was lost and therefore employment was discontinued.
Logistic analyst
Logistic analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 28, 2016
Assign shift under the collective agreement in place
Manage Road network for different Canadian Cities
Classify Various document in the archives files
New different experience for me, learned many things.
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Learned the policies and statements to e a security guard and get a very confident and responsable doind the daily duties, focused in the security and respectfuly environment
Cons
8 to t10
Excellent Management and staff
Office Manager/Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 24, 2016
Garda World was a very personal company with concerns for all employees, both office staff and field workers. Great coworkers and a fun place to work.
management is horrible
rather not say (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayJanuary 19, 2016
When I first started last year it was horrible the first 3 hours HR started off saying just sign the papers I will explain to after keep in mind these are legal papers I'm going to read it then proceeded to try to rush me.

I didn't have a choice to come to this company it was pretty much you transfer or you don't have a job and with the economy I did what I had to just to find out they gave me decrease and didn't get inform of anything including my payday changes and all HR had to say was we look out for our staff and this was at Christmas so double payments had to take place cause of no notice. So when I needed help my site manager said just to call and she would come and help me so I needed help with reading my paystub or even explain it a year later nothing a few months ago I lost my login I sent a email and still haven't gotten anything.

I had 2 deaths in my family and I ended up in the hospital for almost a month with doctors notes and photos ever since then she has been rude to me and giving me attitude and yet she turns around and says don't give me attitude I don't want to fight with you and I have witnesses listening to her saying this and I am being calm. The day I had a check up she had a security guard her friend text me not to return to site and to go to head office so they can fire me after my doctor's appointment. The text didn't come from her but came from a security guard to me that is shady way of running a business and staff.

She will not return my calls or emails now for weeks on end until a day before she sends anyone unless I get my supervisor
  more... in the office I work for to send the email and she hears back right away and has to tell me what is going.

The mobile is horrible everyone should get into the other lane this morning one was driving behind me then cut me off just to catch up to the person I had to drive 110 km on yellow head to get the vehicle number and I call in to report him and all I get told we have GPS with a attitude and get hung up on.

Just all around the upper management is horrible. Lets say I have worked for better companies this would be the last company on earth I would work for
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Besides Hours everything is Horrible
Loss Prevention
Loss Prevention Coordinter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2016
The co-workers are fun
data entry
I did client summaries
I did the scheduling for the workers
honest
good worker
Email invoices to clients
Pros
honest, good worker, competitive
Cons
I will do something, and another worker will say can you help with this.
Beware Garda
Slave worker forced to work too many hours (Former Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 5, 2016
Beware of this company.
They treat their employees terrible.
They don't pay vendors and tell you they are usuing funds to aquire more companies while leaving you holding the bag to explain why you cant pay the bills. Expect you to work 12 hours or more a day but only pay you for 8. Condition of vehicles is also an issue most shouldnt be on the road. Safety is a big concern if you work here.
I would say RUN RUN RUN find another job.

Very poor HR and employee relations.

The most enjoyable part of the day is going home.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
NONE
Quartermaster / Logistics support (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 4, 2016
A great team, due to a downturn in Oil Prices I was laid off but I would love to work with Gardworld again in the future. I learned about International Standards and Practices. I was exposed to new technology and implementation of new and current security software.
Pros
Energetic Productive Fun
Cons
Im not there.
security guard
security guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
no jobs, have been working with them for 3 yrs now and have not a permanent site, every time you call the scheduling, they have no shift or give you a 1-4 day shift. no money. Why can't they give us permanent sites first and give those who got hired after you a site??? Bad management at our Calgary office.
terrible
Guard (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABDecember 26, 2015
learned that they are a bunch starfish lickers who backstab at any chance they get and fire you for any reason they can get have to watch your back cannot express if you don't like how anyone talks to you or else you get fired for that
Pros
Cons
bad motion sickness
Good Pay, Good Experience
Administrative Clerk/Medic Driver/Mobile Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 18, 2015
The hours are long and the work is demanding but you learn valuable work skills on the job and get paid a great salary that increases every year.
Pros
Good Pay, Great experience builder.
Cons
Advancement within the company can be tough.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North York, ONDecember 15, 2015
Staff all around was good to be with, but management need to work on there staff skills. Co-workers always made the day interesting and always had questions never scared to ask me. Hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done when new things would happen throughout the shift. The most enjoyable part was seeing that everyone from my staff to the tenants of building always said hi and were thankful of our hard work.
Productive and pay good attention
Security Guard / Customer Service - 7YRS (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2015
productive and well manage can be relaxed at times and very busy at times,very multitasking with vegilentce and abservant
Pros
paid lunch and break
GardaWorld Securtiy
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Decent company to work for.
-Typical Day includes briefing at shift change, reviewing site emails, monitoring cameras, floor by floor patrols, updating notebook, writing reports, auditing equipment on night shifts, generating shift pass on reports, briefing at shift change again.
-Management: Haven't met a manager yet, hear that mine is tricky to get a hold of and only shows up to my site when its an emergency.
-Colleagues are easy to get along with, but complacent. They have been at the site TOO LONG WITHOUT ANY PAY INCREASES. They don't learn anything new about the job, the just come in, do their work and go home. It feels like nobody around here cares anymore. Its sad to be honest.
-Hardest part of my job: deciding what meal to eat, because the building itself runs smoothly, people get along with security, and the facilities guys are overall just really good at what they do.
-The most enjoyable part of the job: Watching TV because patrols take minutes and otherwise you fall asleep.
Pros
Free meals occasionally
Cons
Boredom and NO PAY INCREASES EVER
Great place to get started with security
Physical Security (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 9, 2015
So far, I've learned a lot with this company. The online course program with GardaWorld's Career Development Centre is a good tool to keep occupied during free time, and very informative. I enjoy the working environment at my current site. It's great to be part of a team where everyone looks out for each other. I've also learned to navigate trough CCTV and scheduling computer programs. I'm very thankful for the experience gained as a casual guard first, at various types of sites. I've greatly enjoyed working many of them, and am thankful for my experience obtained at each post.
Productive Enviorment
Corporate Security Guard (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONDecember 8, 2015
It was a nice experience as they have standard protocols and guidelines that actually do prevent escalated situations.
Busiest location, experienced with loss prevention tactics
security officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2015
As as security and working with Loss prevention individuals, prevented losses through proper temperature of the load, securing the loads through load bars, prevention of theft by fixing seals, PPE checks of individuals for safety.
nice benefits
agent de securite (Former Employee) –  on call there for i was everywhereDecember 3, 2015
the company did not seem to care about my availabilities. they speak down on young people as if to say seniority makes you smarter. the work was never a problem, the adaministration and communication from agent to supervisor was very poor.
Pros
i got to work in many different places.
Cons
no respect
Life experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 1, 2015
most days are typical with remotes site work. Security staff learn as they go on the job. The management and coworker are always busy doing some sort of task. the hardest part of the job is being thrown into something you do not know about or what to do.

2.9