Garda World Employee Reviews

Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
Good place to work. Flexible. Various work sites. Good pay. Enjoyed being able to work on my own and hours I wanted. Only reason I left was to pursue educational opportunities in a different field.
Gardaworld
Command Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
great opportunity to gain experience in the field of customer service. Can come across difficult situations but well worth it because you can gain knowledge and understanding for the future.
Good job, great people
Supervisor/Manager/Security Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 April 2016
Garda at Suncor provided me with all kinds of opportunities. The management was great and so were the people. The pay and the benefits were also very good.
Enjoyable career
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 March 2016
I enjoyed working with then many cultural people at the airport. The passengers and overall work experience is something I will always remember. The fast pace and work load was exceptional. If I could work in that type of environment again, I would be happy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
inexperienced management
poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 December 2016
they really just didn't care about their work force sloppy scheduled and little to no support when needed too much confusion among staff
and very mediocre level jobs
Great place, unstable hours
Cash service messenger (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 February 2017
Love the people and love the place, but even after 2 years of dedicated service there I will be shift cuts and I will be loosing many hours! This is crazy to me.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Hours
Great team
Signaleur (Former Employee) –  Mercier, QC14 February 2017
I learn a lot whit them and came across great people i really liked my experience whit garda world and i think its a good opportunity for anybody who is looking for a job.
And I thought Intelligard was bad, yeeeesh.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2016
First and foremost; if you're going to hire me I expect work, and no lies. Upon hire I was promised an interview with the management at the Massie Hall and Roy Thompson site and was given a temporary site until I did receive the interview or so i thought. After about 5-6 weeks at this "temporary" job without a word about the interview, I receive my schedule via e-mail as protocol and head into work as normal but upon my arrival I was greeted with a former guard at the temp. site, after put on hold for about an hour we are both greeted with yet another guard-which whom everyone had complained about always being an hour late- arrives. Soon after this delightful dilemma I was compensated roughly 40$ after taxes for what I thought was only that shift, but then soon realised that my entire schedule had been decimated due to his arrival and poor scheduling. Weeks go by about 2-3 and I'm finally given the same site and schedule again, I know what you're naturally thinking "They've resolved the issue", nope. wrong, wrong, wrong, the exact opposite, essentially the exact same thing happened again with the same two guards and I was compensated another 40 yet again for a weeks worth of shifts. Naturally at this point I send a disappointed e-mail to my site supervisor and no response for several weeks.

Soon after I receive an e-mail in regards from HR, I head in that day completely late and didn't even bother talking to anyone, I simply handed in my entire uniform signed it out, and that was that.

The following week I receive a letter from the post office with something in regards
  more... to my termination for get this "lack of work" or whatever. It was an ROE.

If anything I felt disgusted after leaving the building.

Never again.

Anyone that actually hires these clowns will never get a penny out of me.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
The existence of this security company.
Management Review
SCREENING POINT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2016
Great group of people for the most part but lacks a structured upper management and cohesiveness. Difficult operating at my level without support from my immediate supervisors.
Horrible Management
Corporate Security (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 February 2017
was kicked off schedule last minute because i didnt have First aid and CPR level C but did have level A because of their conflict with City of Brampton
Very enjoyable and a lot of fun.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 June 2016
First day was my typical day of work, it was so memorable because it was a winter morning and very cold. I learned a lot about patrol work and knowledge of the site. the management and co-workers were cooperative. the cold make my day hard and the day was enjoyable because I saw a lot of new things.
productive workplace
Escort individuals (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
best experience
more room for improvement
40 hours guaranteed
best place for work
friendly environment
coming to work was the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive and professional
Pre-Boarding Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
A typical day at work is 4-8am for myself. My shift normally goes by pretty fast as a lot of people like to travel early in the morning. I learned a lot of new things from this job. I learned how to identify certain objects in passengers bags on the x-ray machines, how to conduct pat downs and search bags to look for non-permitted items or prohibited items. The management has always been professional and reasonable and my co-workers are easy going and great to work with.
The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with unruly passengers and the high stress part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be able to meet and talk to people from all over the world.
great place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
flexible schedule and willingness people. It was great to have a part time job that provided flexible;e schedule according to my availability.
productive workplace enviroment with room to grow
Full-time employee (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 October 2016
a typical day at work within Gardaworld would be start your shift do you patrols and train other guards if necessary that did not have the training and experience doing the position they were given
Not a happy camper. ..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 July 2016
Management is horrible unorganized and a lacking communication! After awhile things got very confusing to which is which and who was managing who!
not enough worlk
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2016
was not getting enough work and company is not bad to work in there is some good workers to work with and working in this company was a good experience and learnt lots of things.
Pros
depends where you working
Cons
long and short hours
Progressive and Exciting Work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Caledon, ON9 October 2015
Garda World Protective Services Provides you with the opportunity get a start and gain experience in the industry. Garda World allows an equal opportunity to grow in the company. The management does a good job of making you feel important and overall provide job satisfaction. Largest Security company in North America so the job opportunities are exceedingly more then any other company in the industry. Security work is fulfilling, so if you desire a progressive and exciting career I would choose Garda World as a great platform company.
Pros
equal opportunity
Cons
shift work and sometimes odd hours
Productive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 October 2016
• Hiring administrative staff and providing training
• Calling patients; follow-up and providing service and product knowledge
• Invoicing, billing and dealing with insurance providers
productive work experience
Mobile Operative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2016
On a typical day on the job, every operative is required to arrive on time for their scheduled shift work and obtain all the necessary work related equipment. Memo book documentations, Reports and key audit forms must be organized and update to date. It is required to patrol buildings on the behalf the clients

I have learned to focus on the areas during a patrol that must be attended to; such as, fire panels, electrical rooms, mag lock, alarm panels etc.

Dealing with Management can be difficult due to the fact they are busy handling cooperate affairs but it is very important to remain patient and be vocal on an issue concerning to personal matters.

The hardest part of the job is the overwhelming responsibility tasked to every operative while performing their duties. In order to stay on top of the work-load it is necessary to be organized while working efficiently..

The enjoyable parts of the job is learning the scope of the security business and using all of that knowledge for future endeavors.
Pros
work opportunites
Cons
Pay rate

2.9