Garda World Employee Reviews

not a good company to work with
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 September 2016
it was not a fun place to work. management was very rude. duty supervisor was not helpful at all. had to wait to go to wash for hours. no breaks and outdoor post.
My Review
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2016
Pros:
Pay is decent for a no experience required job
I worked with good people and had a great account director
Flexible Schedule, Good hours

Cons
People are treated only as tools to get the job done, they don't much care about work/life balance, are super disorganized and knowing several people who still work there, I have heard absolutely nothing good, only complaints.
Excellent management that identifies talent and promotes within
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 July 2016
I have a high level of respect and admiration for this company. It has employed me and given me opportunities to grow and flourish in the industry.
Pros
lots of work available
Cons
work/life balance is a challenge sometimes
Good work culture
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 March 2016
I work 12 hour shifts and I work a two week on two week off rotation making it the hardest part of the job as I am away from family. Most enjoyable part is being around people and meeting people from different backgrounds. I have a very good supervisor and manager who make work life an enjoyable place to be in.
Pros
lovely working environment, good management
Cons
long hours, 12 hours shifts, being away from home for 2weeks out of the month
Cash Services Messenger (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 May 2016
Great place to work, need more staff, better equipment, and better compensation. Fantastic management, really works well with your schedule.
Access control officer
Access control (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2016
very good company management especially supervisor is good and coworkers too, i enjoyed working, i enjoyed working at access control gates, i left company found other jobs
Cons
pay
Not a positive experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 December 2016
Working for Garda is not job anyone should be proud about, it is time consuming, very tiring, stressful the only light in this darkness is that you gain aptitudes that would make you care about other people by watching over them and pay attention to details out of the site you are assigned to.
Flexible, fun and challenging
Administrative Professional (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
Every day is different and interesting in an ever changing environment. Very easy to trade/donate and pick up shifts to fit your schedule. Great job if you enjoy providing customer service and working with people but can be physically exhausting
Not great
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 August 2016
Not much good to say. They make a lot of money but that never trickles down to staff.After they bought Intercon they removed any good policies that helped the officers.They are frustrating to deal with and seem to not care much about the people who are keeping them going. They compare poorly to other security companies.They have started hiring people at minimum wage which does not give a good impression. How good can these people be if they will work for that rate? It's embarrassing.
Pros
I am sure there is something but I can't think of anything currently.
Cons
Wage freeze, loss of discounts for shoes and other requirements, apathy toward employees.
good training
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2016
really hard to get in, really strict about the national security, standard in every position. a very good paying salary. good people
Good job stability but pay rate is the downside.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON19 August 2016
Good company to work for. After seniority good chance to get fixed shift. At beginning have to do lots of rotations or nights.
Not much overtime available because they been hiring everyone with Security licences even though many of them not fluent in English. They focused on quantity but not quality.
Wages are not the best part. Can't make good money without doing OT.
Pros
Big company, good dispatcher, lots of sites, job stability, students can get suitable timings.
Cons
5+ years making almost same money when they started. Few supervisors do favoritism.
A very multitasking job and fast-paced environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Syncrude fort mcmurray, alberta, canada7 January 2017
Being professional and learn how to be calm while talking to aggressive people and uncooperative, doing some office jobs and at the same time not always at the same post everyday. I learned how to drive an ambulance, a company that help people to achieve a success.
it was a ''OK'' job
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2017
the hardest part sometimes was to have enough working hours in a week. But overall it was ok, they have enough places to work, cause unless we are assinged to a specific contract, we stayed on calls and move from one place to another.
Pros
working conditions were good
Cons
we were treated like a number
Fun with my colleagues
Security/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2016
For the past three years it has been a good experience from colleagues and management. The current culture of promoting from within is good if it will apply to all.
great learning environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC, longueuil16 January 2017
- surveillance of buildings
-surveillance of camera
-patrolling on foot and car
-teamwork
-Shift-work, not always the same. can take a while before you land a full-time job. Depending on you and how you work. you can have a full schedule quickly or not. you have to want to work, to get what you want.
Good Benefits
Security Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Patrolled commercial premise to detect signs of intrusion, answer alarms and investigate disturbances
Supervised and authorized personnel entrance and generated activity reports and standard occurrence reports
Conducted and reviewed health & safety inspections to mitigate risks that could affect daily operations
Security guard
Special Service Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 July 2016
Worst company ever. Stay away from this place at all costs. If you have an interest in law enforcement join government or in house security. Management is a joke and the get slightly higher wages than McDonalds LOL! As a guard they will treat you like a slave and screw you constantly with your pay.
Benefit of learning while working in corporate culture.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2016
The most important experience that one gains while working as Security Officer is, that one learns to deal with people from different walks of life and cultures. something that can help every individual to learn to communicate and improve one's man management skills.
Pros
One learns to be a team player.
Cons
Learn to adapt to rotations.
Fun site to work at with little pressure.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 November 2016
Good companies to work with. Got along very well with fellow employees. work day consists off helping clients and tenants
of building when they require assistance. Good working
conditions.
Pros
Excellent supervisors. Work twelve hour shifts, then four days off.
Cons
Sometimes the shifts can be exhausting but I feel I cope well.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
Good place to work. Flexible. Various work sites. Good pay. Enjoyed being able to work on my own and hours I wanted. Only reason I left was to pursue educational opportunities in a different field.

2.9