Garda World Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2016
I have always became an integral part of a team oriented organization where I can assist in achieving dynamic results for the company and personal professional growth.
Not a happy camper. ..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONJuly 6, 2016
Management is horrible unorganized and a lacking communication! After awhile things got very confusing to which is which and who was managing who!
very good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJuly 15, 2016
Treat their employees very well as a global company need to have more contracts for smaller cities to increase employment
Pros
Very reliable
Cons
need more contracts for small cities
Airport Security (Current Employee) –  Pearson Airport, ONApril 11, 2016
challenging and exciting work during dealing with the travelling public.
Many families travelling with children is always a challenge and it is pleasure to guide them safe on the board.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
long standing hours
I work with a bunch of great people
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 22, 2016
The hours are long but they gave us good brake. I enjoyed working in Edmonton at Garda, I would recommend that Airport Screening Staff.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
long work hours
terrible
Guard (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABDecember 26, 2015
learned that they are a bunch starfish lickers who backstab at any chance they get and fire you for any reason they can get have to watch your back cannot express if you don't like how anyone talks to you or else you get fired for that
Pros
Cons
bad motion sickness
Pleasent place to work
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
The work though strenuous is exciting and productive .It is satisfying to know our work ensures public safety and enables public to travel safe in comfort.
Pros
Challenging and exciting work
Cons
long standing work
Good job, great people
Supervisor/Manager/Security Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 21, 2016
Garda at Suncor provided me with all kinds of opportunities. The management was great and so were the people. The pay and the benefits were also very good.
Security Guard (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 11, 2016
very good company to work for security field

• Observed all around and listen all unusual noise during on my duties
• Well organized on written records of duties for some problems and changes
• Worked on time duties with under pressure and helped to other workers
• Maintaining mobile patrols and monitoring alarms for office buildings
Fun with my colleagues
Security/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2016
For the past three years it has been a good experience from colleagues and management. The current culture of promoting from within is good if it will apply to all.
Negative work environment
CIT (Current Employee) –  LondonSeptember 29, 2015
If just applying there would be no chance at full-time due to no jobs being created only jobs cut. Management has superior mentality and therefore they run the operation as demeaning and volatile as possible. Casual hours are scarce and if you complain your hours are limited even more. Easy job however prepare to face criticism and intimidation on a daily basis from supervisors. This branch is mainly run by past G4S employees so also review their past armoured division before applying, would not recommend this job if looking for police or emergency services future as they have no connection or relation.
Pros
Pay
Cash Services Messenger (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 14, 2016
Great place to work, need more staff, better equipment, and better compensation. Fantastic management, really works well with your schedule.
Unorganized
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 16, 2016
Poor management. No Work/life culture. No room for advancement. Wage is poor. Concerning amount of people have very little interpersonal skills.
Cold corporation
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCMay 13, 2016
This company never accomodated me in terms of getting a leave of absence. They took me back but put me at the bottom of the list.
Think of yourself as the client
Dispatch Operator and scheduler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 8, 2016
Working with GardaWorld, i have learned how to treat the client as it if it was yourself. They made me grow as an employee but also as a person
Excellent Job; However
Pre-Board Security Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
This job is phenomenal! However the politics and drama that other co-workers can bring to the work environment can be a bit stressful at times. Also the constant manipulation of your work hours and schedule can be very frustrating especially when trying to plan for your personal life outside of the workplace!

I do enjoy meeting new people and working with a variety of ages and cultures. Everyday is a learning experience and an opportunity for growth! The work environment is fun and fast paced.

Although, it can be stressful when you have someone standing right over your shoulder watching everything that you do. Looking for your first mistake so they can write you up and send you for re-training. That can be annoying but it is for the safety of the traveling public, so it is understood. I do feel however, that correctional advisement on the spot should be given instead of a write up and re-training, depending on the situation.

In my 2 years on the job, this has been the most fun roller coaster, if you want to go for the ride of life, this is the job for you.
Pros
Employee appreciate Days in the summer months
Cons
Random changes to your work hours and schedule, doesn't really function well with planning your personal life, example; trying to go back to school
Great experience as a security guard
Site Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 19, 2016
You learn how to have excellent communication skills. Also helps you learn to think fast and act fast depending on certain situations. You gain a lot of experience working as a security guard.
Loss Prevention
Loss Prevention Coordinter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2016
The co-workers are fun
data entry
I did client summaries
I did the scheduling for the workers
honest
good worker
Email invoices to clients
Pros
honest, good worker, competitive
Cons
I will do something, and another worker will say can you help with this.
Productive and easy going
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  South Porcupine, ONMarch 11, 2016
LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY. Ordered & Clean environment. Although the pay could be better for the amount we have to do during any given shift.
organized, helpful, u feel like home at work, favorable.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 2, 2012
-i couldn't have any typical day at work.
-i learned a lot from my previous job like how to manage, dealing with different peoples, handle a worst situation, prepared yourself if worst comes to worst, Assessing safety hazards and maintenance issues, manage the crowd on special occasions.
-management was so good, cooperative, helpful and friendly.
-co-workers were also cooperative, friendly and we always work like a family.
-because of cooperative management and friendly co-worker i never have any hard time on job.
-always enjoying my job, time passed very fast.
Pros
all benefits and overtime wages above regular hours.
Cons
nothing serious

2.9