Garda World Employee Reviews

Supervisors are all talk
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 10, 2016
supervisors have no communications skills, when you do finally speak with them about issues they act big and bad and say they will take care of issues and then nothing happens
Pros
benefits due to union
Cons
union fees, idiot supervisors
productive work experience
Mobile Operative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
On a typical day on the job, every operative is required to arrive on time for their scheduled shift work and obtain all the necessary work related equipment. Memo book documentations, Reports and key audit forms must be organized and update to date. It is required to patrol buildings on the behalf the clients

I have learned to focus on the areas during a patrol that must be attended to; such as, fire panels, electrical rooms, mag lock, alarm panels etc.

Dealing with Management can be difficult due to the fact they are busy handling cooperate affairs but it is very important to remain patient and be vocal on an issue concerning to personal matters.

The hardest part of the job is the overwhelming responsibility tasked to every operative while performing their duties. In order to stay on top of the work-load it is necessary to be organized while working efficiently..

The enjoyable parts of the job is learning the scope of the security business and using all of that knowledge for future endeavors.
Pros
work opportunites
Cons
Pay rate
Productive and strong teamwork ethics
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson Airport YYZMarch 6, 2016
This place will help develop your skill sets efficiently and successfully. Will also you to experience all aspects of Human Resources.
Pros
Great teamwork, positive people, positive environment
Cons
Salary does not reflect general market and its very operational orientated
Dispatch was nice
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
Paid well, Interacted with others, Team player, adapt to different types of jobs, did admin services as well, created cards for new employees
Productive and professional
Pre-Boarding Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at work is 4-8am for myself. My shift normally goes by pretty fast as a lot of people like to travel early in the morning. I learned a lot of new things from this job. I learned how to identify certain objects in passengers bags on the x-ray machines, how to conduct pat downs and search bags to look for non-permitted items or prohibited items. The management has always been professional and reasonable and my co-workers are easy going and great to work with.
The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with unruly passengers and the high stress part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be able to meet and talk to people from all over the world.
Pre- Board Screening Officer Calgary
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
I AM NOT A FORMER EMPLOYEE
I applied as a Pre-Board Screening Officer last January 2016 for the very first time. January 18 when I received an email to participate in a multi-level testing event for the position of Pre Board Screening Officer at the Calgary International Airport.It was confirmed to have the multi-level test for GardaWorld's Testing Event on Friday January 22nd, 2016 at the Executive Boardroom located in the Airport Corporate Centre by the Human Resources Coordinator. I was very excited. I review a lot especially the image recognition
There are three (3) stages of testing will occur, candidates must be successful in each stage in order to move forward to the next stage. If I am not mistaken the people who take the test on that day was almost 60. Object Recognition Test for 45 Mins- I passed and so with other 5 applicants ONLY. 4 applicants passed including me for the English Reading Written & Comprehension tests (1 1/2 hr ) then a Brief Consultation (5-10 mins) and they scheduled me for another " interview" or "orientation" on the 26th of January 2016. I was very excited. After almost 2 weeks they called me that I am not the lucky candidate and I can RE-APPLY AFTER 6 MONTHS. I was very disappointed. I am asking what is the reason why the cannot hire me. Luckily they NEVER ANSWER MY QUESTION. This is not fair.
I work with a bunch of great people
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 22, 2016
The hours are long but they gave us good brake. I enjoyed working in Edmonton at Garda, I would recommend that Airport Screening Staff.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
long work hours
Terrible Place To Work
Regional Technician - Cash Services Division (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2016
This is the first place that I have ever worked where the co-workers hate being there. I have just started working there and every employee that I have made contact with has indicated their hate for the company and has encouraged me to find another job! I have been told, and it is probably true, that they fire people at will with no real justifications. Probably to make their monthly cash flow look good to the owners of this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poisoned work culture
Great experience as a security guard
Site Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 19, 2016
You learn how to have excellent communication skills. Also helps you learn to think fast and act fast depending on certain situations. You gain a lot of experience working as a security guard.
na
Director of Talent Ontario and Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2016
i would not like to write a review as it is not relevant to a job search.. There for i would not like to fill this portion out.
Poor Management & Staff Morale
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2016
For a company as large as GardaWorld, the career advancement opportunities are almost endless and employee training & uniforms are free of charge. But it does come at some price for the Toronto branch. The internal structure is very disorganized and has poor management skills. The working environment is very negative and has an 'every person for themselves' mentality. Good guards go unrewarded, and bad ones remain employed. There is poor communication between departments, management, and field staff. Workplace harassment is abundant and many senior staff turn a blind eye. Most guards are uneducated in basic security procedures and morale is low. Hopefully, internal audits can turn things around. But not foreseeable in the near future.
Pros
OT, growth opportunities, career advancement
Cons
Disorganized, Low Morale, Negative Working Environment
Always comprehensive and workers welfare are really considered at gardaworld
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCFebruary 13, 2016
I was always enjoy my work never fill like I need to go to just because I need a work. I was like my own boss. My accounts manager was always there when I needed him its not always like you have to talk to a mail box and keep on waiting when your call will be return. Gardaworld really reflect the logo that we all proud staff carries.
Work night shift love to do alarms
Patrouilleur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 13, 2016
As a patroller I get all sorts of calls. From breaking and entering to robberies to making sure that there is no one in the automatic bank teller that is sleeping or just hanging around. The nights are never the same. its fret.
Pros
Action
Cons
Not much advancement.
Security Guard (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 11, 2016
very good company to work for security field

• Observed all around and listen all unusual noise during on my duties
• Well organized on written records of duties for some problems and changes
• Worked on time duties with under pressure and helped to other workers
• Maintaining mobile patrols and monitoring alarms for office buildings
Great
pre employment screener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
The staff was great! no words can explain the welcomed atmosphere that staff had given me when i was student and on call staff.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Canada's bottom 10 Employers to work for!
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Under qualified Management, Do it my way or the Highway attitude!
Below average Pay scales. No work life balance. Lack of respect for employees, collective agreements and labor laws.
Pros
Cons
To many to list! ask anyone working for GARDA
great experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBFebruary 6, 2016
a typical night with gardaworld can be crazy, busy and stressful, there are some nights that are crazy, duties include patrols deal with complaints.
Easy and fun place
Co-Op Education (Former Employee) –  Security, COFebruary 4, 2016
This company was a great company to do a co-op education with. Overall the employees and management was great but the time between shifts were a little much as they didn't give you much time to sleep
Pros
Went to various locations and met great people
Cons
Shift time scheduling
A company of crows
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Garda in lines :
- In Garda , you're just a number...no more.
- Their clients are always right so they never defend you.
- Account directors give good contracts to their favorite officers and keep the hardest ones to others
- If you're African, forget about high management posts (unless you are a boots l****r)
My advice : Unless you have no other choice and you are starving, avoid it !!!
Pros
A temporary job to do when you have no other choice
Cons
Favoritism for good contracts and discrimination for management posts
Fun family oriented place to work
Assistant Security Supervisor, Dixie Outlet Mall (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2016
I worked at ServiceMaster of Canada as a summer position.

I absolutely loved it there, everyone is friendly, caring and management is the best! always looking out for you and your best interests.
Pros
everything about the company
Cons
only summer possition

2.9