Garda World Employee Reviews in Canada

security guard
security guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
no jobs, have been working with them for 3 yrs now and have not a permanent site, every time you call the scheduling, they have no shift or give you a 1-4 day shift. no money. Why can't they give us permanent sites first and give those who got hired after you a site??? Bad management at our Calgary office.
productive work experience
Mobile Operative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
On a typical day on the job, every operative is required to arrive on time for their scheduled shift work and obtain all the necessary work related equipment. Memo book documentations, Reports and key audit forms must be organized and update to date. It is required to patrol buildings on the behalf the clients

I have learned to focus on the areas during a patrol that must be attended to; such as, fire panels, electrical rooms, mag lock, alarm panels etc.

Dealing with Management can be difficult due to the fact they are busy handling cooperate affairs but it is very important to remain patient and be vocal on an issue concerning to personal matters.

The hardest part of the job is the overwhelming responsibility tasked to every operative while performing their duties. In order to stay on top of the work-load it is necessary to be organized while working efficiently..

The enjoyable parts of the job is learning the scope of the security business and using all of that knowledge for future endeavors.
Pros
work opportunites
Cons
Pay rate
Cold corporation
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCMay 13, 2016
This company never accomodated me in terms of getting a leave of absence. They took me back but put me at the bottom of the list.
New different experience for me, learned many things.
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Learned the policies and statements to e a security guard and get a very confident and responsable doind the daily duties, focused in the security and respectfuly environment
Cons
8 to t10
Great experience as a security guard
Site Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 19, 2016
You learn how to have excellent communication skills. Also helps you learn to think fast and act fast depending on certain situations. You gain a lot of experience working as a security guard.
Good and bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bissett, MBFebruary 1, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Garda at San Gold.The schedule was great and I loved the job. Unfortunately due to lack of management prescience at the job site the contract was lost and therefore employment was discontinued.
Loss Prevention
Loss Prevention Coordinter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2016
The co-workers are fun
data entry
I did client summaries
I did the scheduling for the workers
honest
good worker
Email invoices to clients
Pros
honest, good worker, competitive
Cons
I will do something, and another worker will say can you help with this.
I work with a bunch of great people
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 22, 2016
The hours are long but they gave us good brake. I enjoyed working in Edmonton at Garda, I would recommend that Airport Screening Staff.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
long work hours
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 13, 2016
days were quite but productive, I have learned more observational and people skills. Management is precise and friendly, what I enjoy is a day with no incidents.
fun to work there but low pay and stressful daily
Special Services Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 26, 2015
I had fun working for Gardaworld they provided me with many opportunities the managers were not the greatest and there were many scheduling issues at hand. there were many good co workers but also many who were no good and needed supervision many of the guards report on the other guards behind their back.
Pros
sometimes receive free items and extra pay
Cons
long hours and bad guards
Good Pay, Good Experience
Administrative Clerk/Medic Driver/Mobile Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 18, 2015
The hours are long and the work is demanding but you learn valuable work skills on the job and get paid a great salary that increases every year.
Pros
Good Pay, Great experience builder.
Cons
Advancement within the company can be tough.
Productive and easy going
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  South Porcupine, ONMarch 11, 2016
LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY. Ordered & Clean environment. Although the pay could be better for the amount we have to do during any given shift.
Providing a safe work and travel experience
Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 29, 2015
Process passengers and their luggage
Ensure the safety of the traveling public
Management are present on the work floor daily
Co-workers are hard working
The hours you start at is the hardest part of the job
Its enjoyable to know that you have provided an essential service to the traveling and non traveling public
Pros
Good pay and beneifits
Cons
Early mornings
nice benefits
agent de securite (Former Employee) –  on call there for i was everywhereDecember 3, 2015
the company did not seem to care about my availabilities. they speak down on young people as if to say seniority makes you smarter. the work was never a problem, the adaministration and communication from agent to supervisor was very poor.
Pros
i got to work in many different places.
Cons
no respect
Busiest location, experienced with loss prevention tactics
security officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2015
As as security and working with Loss prevention individuals, prevented losses through proper temperature of the load, securing the loads through load bars, prevention of theft by fixing seals, PPE checks of individuals for safety.
terrible
Guard (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABDecember 26, 2015
learned that they are a bunch starfish lickers who backstab at any chance they get and fire you for any reason they can get have to watch your back cannot express if you don't like how anyone talks to you or else you get fired for that
Pros
Cons
bad motion sickness
Great employees an fun job
Former Night Trainor/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 21, 2015
A typical day is started by loading out truck then leaving the office with my partner. Every stop and night are different based on what we pick up and delivery to our stop. Plus it based on the location and the public when we arrive.
I have learned how to be more Patient with people. We get some people who like to make comments to us or ask for money to see our reaction. We also like to ask how much we carry in the truck plus if we have more Employees hiding out in the back of the truck.
I think our Management could do a better job with their communication with us. Sometime we don't find things from our management till after the fact. Hardest part of the job was getting us to working nights when I first started. The most enjoyable part of the job are my fellow co-workers and meeting some nice people working in the banks.
Pros
pay, co-workers, we are incharge once we leave the office
Cons
contract work
Progressive and Exciting Work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Caledon, ONOctober 9, 2015
Garda World Protective Services Provides you with the opportunity get a start and gain experience in the industry. Garda World allows an equal opportunity to grow in the company. The management does a good job of making you feel important and overall provide job satisfaction. Largest Security company in North America so the job opportunities are exceedingly more then any other company in the industry. Security work is fulfilling, so if you desire a progressive and exciting career I would choose Garda World as a great platform company.
Pros
equal opportunity
Cons
shift work and sometimes odd hours
Dispatch was nice
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
Paid well, Interacted with others, Team player, adapt to different types of jobs, did admin services as well, created cards for new employees
Excellent Management and staff
Office Manager/Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 24, 2016
Garda World was a very personal company with concerns for all employees, both office staff and field workers. Great coworkers and a fun place to work.

2.9