Garda World Employee Reviews in Canada

Average
Ontario Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2016
It was ok working with this company, I have mixed reviews because it doesnt offer any full time jobs. Often only gives bad jobs (undesirable).
Pros
Call in shifts
Cons
Hard to find full time
Canada's bottom 10 Employers to work for!
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Under qualified Management, Do it my way or the Highway attitude!
Below average Pay scales. No work life balance. Lack of respect for employees, collective agreements and labor laws.
Pros
Cons
To many to list! ask anyone working for GARDA
Easy and fun place
Co-Op Education (Former Employee) –  Security, COFebruary 4, 2016
This company was a great company to do a co-op education with. Overall the employees and management was great but the time between shifts were a little much as they didn't give you much time to sleep
Pros
Went to various locations and met great people
Cons
Shift time scheduling
Not a happy camper. ..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONJuly 6, 2016
Management is horrible unorganized and a lacking communication! After awhile things got very confusing to which is which and who was managing who!
very good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJuly 15, 2016
Treat their employees very well as a global company need to have more contracts for smaller cities to increase employment
Pros
Very reliable
Cons
need more contracts for small cities
Good job, great people
Supervisor/Manager/Security Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 21, 2016
Garda at Suncor provided me with all kinds of opportunities. The management was great and so were the people. The pay and the benefits were also very good.
Fun with my colleagues
Security/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2016
For the past three years it has been a good experience from colleagues and management. The current culture of promoting from within is good if it will apply to all.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2016
I have always became an integral part of a team oriented organization where I can assist in achieving dynamic results for the company and personal professional growth.
security guard
security guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
no jobs, have been working with them for 3 yrs now and have not a permanent site, every time you call the scheduling, they have no shift or give you a 1-4 day shift. no money. Why can't they give us permanent sites first and give those who got hired after you a site??? Bad management at our Calgary office.
There is no scope for growth at the present employer
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2016
I had to train myself independently as the company does not provide training for floaters. There are also no benefits for part timers in the company.
Think of yourself as the client
Dispatch Operator and scheduler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 8, 2016
Working with GardaWorld, i have learned how to treat the client as it if it was yourself. They made me grow as an employee but also as a person
Cash Services Messenger (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 14, 2016
Great place to work, need more staff, better equipment, and better compensation. Fantastic management, really works well with your schedule.
New different experience for me, learned many things.
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Learned the policies and statements to e a security guard and get a very confident and responsable doind the daily duties, focused in the security and respectfuly environment
Cons
8 to t10
Unorganized
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 16, 2016
Poor management. No Work/life culture. No room for advancement. Wage is poor. Concerning amount of people have very little interpersonal skills.
Great experience as a security guard
Site Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 19, 2016
You learn how to have excellent communication skills. Also helps you learn to think fast and act fast depending on certain situations. You gain a lot of experience working as a security guard.
productive work experience
Mobile Operative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
On a typical day on the job, every operative is required to arrive on time for their scheduled shift work and obtain all the necessary work related equipment. Memo book documentations, Reports and key audit forms must be organized and update to date. It is required to patrol buildings on the behalf the clients

I have learned to focus on the areas during a patrol that must be attended to; such as, fire panels, electrical rooms, mag lock, alarm panels etc.

Dealing with Management can be difficult due to the fact they are busy handling cooperate affairs but it is very important to remain patient and be vocal on an issue concerning to personal matters.

The hardest part of the job is the overwhelming responsibility tasked to every operative while performing their duties. In order to stay on top of the work-load it is necessary to be organized while working efficiently..

The enjoyable parts of the job is learning the scope of the security business and using all of that knowledge for future endeavors.
Pros
work opportunites
Cons
Pay rate
Loss Prevention
Loss Prevention Coordinter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2016
The co-workers are fun
data entry
I did client summaries
I did the scheduling for the workers
honest
good worker
Email invoices to clients
Pros
honest, good worker, competitive
Cons
I will do something, and another worker will say can you help with this.
Good and bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bissett, MBFebruary 1, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Garda at San Gold.The schedule was great and I loved the job. Unfortunately due to lack of management prescience at the job site the contract was lost and therefore employment was discontinued.
Cold corporation
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCMay 13, 2016
This company never accomodated me in terms of getting a leave of absence. They took me back but put me at the bottom of the list.
fun to work there but low pay and stressful daily
Special Services Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 26, 2015
I had fun working for Gardaworld they provided me with many opportunities the managers were not the greatest and there were many scheduling issues at hand. there were many good co workers but also many who were no good and needed supervision many of the guards report on the other guards behind their back.
Pros
sometimes receive free items and extra pay
Cons
long hours and bad guards

2.9