Garda World Employee Reviews

SECURITY work in general is
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2017
Since this company took over. It has n't been a good transition, I left the company in 2016 overall I wouldn't recommend this company to my enemies, they don't care about their employees. They did their best at getting rid of present employees to bring in their own.
Pros
every other weekend off, pay day, you can meet alot of ppl in where you can make connections to find a better job
Cons
long standing hour's, they expect the world from you, with little pay
Poor Organization and Terrible Work Practises
Regional Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2017
This organization continually lies to their employees and as a result represents a revolving door work culture. This is the only company that I have ever worked for that all the employees including managers hate going and being at work.
Terrible all aroubd
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 December 2016
Managers and supervisors are inexperienced and unorganized. Pay is terrible, hours are terrible (days nights evenings with short rest). Company is only interested in making money for itself. No interest with in the employees. Terrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
No pay. Bad management. Poor you're.
garbage company
Security Guard c (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
one of the worst company ive ever worked for. They expect so much from you, dont expect management to have your back because they wont, got really sick once brought in a doctors note and still got written up for it. wouldnt recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
co workers are my only pros
Cons
everything
Working for Garda Security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON14 July 2016
I worked at dispatched for three months at this place and decided to go back to being a guard. Working as a dispatcher gave aninsight to management with this company. They belittled the guards, called them stupid and laughed constantly at them. I decided to go back into the field to eliminate this. The pay is only minimum but its more disciplined and you can be profesional, something I found lacked in the office.
Sorry I have respect for people and if some guards are not able to do the job properlly they should be brought into office and dealt with not laughed and talked about.

I do still work there but only pick up shift as a casual.
As per below.
Director Airports (Former Employee) –  6500 Silver Dart Drive, MIssissauga8 January 2017
Was laid off due to Corporate restructure at Garda.
The company is being sold off and Director level positions were eliminated nation-wide unfortunately
Pros
Car allowonce
Cons
Inability for advancement
Productive work environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
Lots to learn, meet new people on a daily bases. Everyday is different.Lots of room to move within the company. Promotes internal promotions
Productive and strong teamwork ethics
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson Airport YYZ6 March 2016
This place will help develop your skill sets efficiently and successfully. Will also you to experience all aspects of Human Resources.
Pros
Great teamwork, positive people, positive environment
Cons
Salary does not reflect general market and its very operational orientated
GardaWorld
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2017
They lack horribly in their communication with guards. Everyone in the office you can't reach by phone all the time. This Security company has a union and frankly security and union don't mix. When you first enter their office no one is at the reception desk ever.
Pros
there are none
Cons
Lack of communication, disrespectful and will not help you out if you get in a tight situation
A Job
SCREENING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  James Richardson International Airport2 January 2017
Great job interesting day to day events keep you motivated, to want to keep going to work. Management should learn people skills and how to manage properly.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Managers micro managing
Not great
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 August 2016
Not much good to say. They make a lot of money but that never trickles down to staff.After they bought Intercon they removed any good policies that helped the officers.They are frustrating to deal with and seem to not care much about the people who are keeping them going. They compare poorly to other security companies.They have started hiring people at minimum wage which does not give a good impression. How good can these people be if they will work for that rate? It's embarrassing.
Pros
I am sure there is something but I can't think of anything currently.
Cons
Wage freeze, loss of discounts for shoes and other requirements, apathy toward employees.
Supervisors are all talk
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 March 2016
supervisors have no communications skills, when you do finally speak with them about issues they act big and bad and say they will take care of issues and then nothing happens
Pros
benefits due to union
Cons
union fees, idiot supervisors
Garda world is well reputed security company for job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 January 2017
During my job with garda world I really feel very comfortable to performed my duties and management was also very coopartive with staff and employees.
a great learning experience.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2016
I was hired by G4S cash solutions in 2008. in 2014 we found out that our cash division was acquired by Garda world. They made many negative changes that were originally instated by G4S. Our department adapted to all new procedures until they closed the department and moved it to Montreal, leaving us without a job.
Pros
4 day work weeks.
Cons
no management support
not a bad place to work
Loss Prevention Coordinator/officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2017
not a bad place to work trained in Private Investigations. Management a bit weak no follow up on staff, need more training to improve client relationships.
Good job stability but pay rate is the downside.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON19 August 2016
Good company to work for. After seniority good chance to get fixed shift. At beginning have to do lots of rotations or nights.
Not much overtime available because they been hiring everyone with Security licences even though many of them not fluent in English. They focused on quantity but not quality.
Wages are not the best part. Can't make good money without doing OT.
Pros
Big company, good dispatcher, lots of sites, job stability, students can get suitable timings.
Cons
5+ years making almost same money when they started. Few supervisors do favoritism.
Poor company to work for
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON... Now Gatineau Quebec26 January 2017
Having worked 19 years for this company, I can say with no regret, that it is the worst company to work for. They do not care about your personal security "all off crews". Many many robberies occur as they are two man crews. Their vehicles are falling apart. You are just a number, and are not appreciated at all.
Pros
Cons
Poor work environment. No moral
There is no scope for growth at the present employer
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
I had to train myself independently as the company does not provide training for floaters. There are also no benefits for part timers in the company.
Security Guard
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 June 2016
I would go into work make sure that I am logged onto the computer under my profile. Ask the driver for their paper work and identification. I log in truck drivers loads make sure the sku and barcod matches what is in the computer. Call an employee inside loblaws to find out what door I send the truck drivers too. I also log drivers out when they are leaving and make sure there is nothing left on the truck. The co-workers that I work with are great group of people. hardest part of my job is when drivers are not coming at their appointment time and coming way early and expecting to get in right away. I love the hours that I work just would like to work mornings instead of afternoons. Management is really good and help out when ever it is required. I have learned how to log in drivers and computer skills
Poorly Run Company
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 December 2016
I have nothing to say in regards to this company. They treat staff with little to no regard. Most management at the working level seem ok but have hands tied in the day to day dealings with staff.

2.9