Garda World Employee Reviews

Very enjoyable and a lot of fun.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 3, 2016
First day was my typical day of work, it was so memorable because it was a winter morning and very cold. I learned a lot about patrol work and knowledge of the site. the management and co-workers were cooperative. the cold make my day hard and the day was enjoyable because I saw a lot of new things.
Good experience but not long term
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 5, 2016
A normal day at work is different depending on which site you are stationed at. For office buildings its usually long hours with many patrols through the building with very little change. For a Mall it is always changing and full of excitement with patrols throughout the day and different situations from medicals to altercations. The management of the entire company is not very good however. Every paycheque there seems to be issues with the payment. Unfortunately the company doesn't have a good training system and many are under trained.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Underpaid
Excellent management that identifies talent and promotes within
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 11, 2016
I have a high level of respect and admiration for this company. It has employed me and given me opportunities to grow and flourish in the industry.
Pros
lots of work available
Cons
work/life balance is a challenge sometimes
Good work culture
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 19, 2016
I work 12 hour shifts and I work a two week on two week off rotation making it the hardest part of the job as I am away from family. Most enjoyable part is being around people and meeting people from different backgrounds. I have a very good supervisor and manager who make work life an enjoyable place to be in.
Pros
lovely working environment, good management
Cons
long hours, 12 hours shifts, being away from home for 2weeks out of the month
Typical private security company
Floater (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2016
No room for advancement financially. Contract security quality is largely site dependent and not really a company issue. Shifts are cancelled often and for those without a permanent site it is often hard to get your 40 hour work week. Zero support from operations, calls to payroll and benefits go to voicemail and are not returned. This is unfortunately typical, Gardaworld is no worse than any other larger security firm.
Cons
Not enough work, unstable employment.
Stressful and no communication in the office.
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 23, 2016
This company lacks communication. Rarely communicate on serious issues. Very disorganized in the office. little telephone on personal contact
Pros
Gaining clients.
Cons
no communication or back up
its a fun student job meeting with new peoples .
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 10, 2016
where I was working its was a great environment time to time there were rush hours. we work as team . the best part of this job was when it come to serve customer .
Pros
there is lunch paid
Cons
on weekends
Great workers
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
Working overnight was awesome, I surely enjoyed it. the hardest part was wondering what time you are going to leave, they dont tell you what time your expected to be there until. Co workers were great, except when they are late for their shift then its difficult, because you are so ready to get home and get some sleep.
Pros
Workers made it easier to work with
Cons
Hours werent always promised
Productive and professional
Pre-Boarding Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at work is 4-8am for myself. My shift normally goes by pretty fast as a lot of people like to travel early in the morning. I learned a lot of new things from this job. I learned how to identify certain objects in passengers bags on the x-ray machines, how to conduct pat downs and search bags to look for non-permitted items or prohibited items. The management has always been professional and reasonable and my co-workers are easy going and great to work with.
The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with unruly passengers and the high stress part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be able to meet and talk to people from all over the world.
Benefit of learning while working in corporate culture.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
The most important experience that one gains while working as Security Officer is, that one learns to deal with people from different walks of life and cultures. something that can help every individual to learn to communicate and improve one's man management skills.
Pros
One learns to be a team player.
Cons
Learn to adapt to rotations.
Gives you great experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2016
Gives you great experience working directly with the public, note taking, task management, working with a team.
Id have to say the most hardest part about security is adjusting myself to working long nights.
Pros
You learn something new every shift
Cons
not having a set work schedule
Terrible Place To Work
Regional Technician - Cash Services Division (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2016
This is the first place that I have ever worked where the co-workers hate being there. I have just started working there and every employee that I have made contact with has indicated their hate for the company and has encouraged me to find another job! I have been told, and it is probably true, that they fire people at will with no real justifications. Probably to make their monthly cash flow look good to the owners of this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poisoned work culture
fast paced work environment
Scheduler & Workforce Planner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2016
It's not dream company to work with but if your looking to work over nights or any kind of 12 hours shift then this work place is for you.
There are no benefits for employees.
love to work,my superiors and colleages and the security officer working under me very understanding
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Good place to work,management is very cooperative,overall good organizations.my superiors and the security officers work with me or i worked as site supervisor all wonderfull.
Access control officer
Access control (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2016
very good company management especially supervisor is good and coworkers too, i enjoyed working, i enjoyed working at access control gates, i left company found other jobs
Cons
pay
Management Review
SCREENING POINT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 27, 2016
Great group of people for the most part but lacks a structured upper management and cohesiveness. Difficult operating at my level without support from my immediate supervisors.
Always comprehensive and workers welfare are really considered at gardaworld
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCFebruary 13, 2016
I was always enjoy my work never fill like I need to go to just because I need a work. I was like my own boss. My accounts manager was always there when I needed him its not always like you have to talk to a mail box and keep on waiting when your call will be return. Gardaworld really reflect the logo that we all proud staff carries.
A company of crows
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Garda in lines :
- In Garda , you're just a number...no more.
- Their clients are always right so they never defend you.
- Account directors give good contracts to their favorite officers and keep the hardest ones to others
- If you're African, forget about high management posts (unless you are a boots l****r)
My advice : Unless you have no other choice and you are starving, avoid it !!!
Pros
A temporary job to do when you have no other choice
Cons
Favoritism for good contracts and discrimination for management posts
not a good company to work with
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2016
it was not a fun place to work. management was very rude. duty supervisor was not helpful at all. had to wait to go to wash for hours. no breaks and outdoor post.
A good company to work at.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  CasualJune 20, 2016
A Good company dealing with security and investigative services .The company has services related with security and investigations.The company has lot of client whom they work with.

2.9