Garda World Employee Reviews in Canada

Cash Services Messenger (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 14, 2016
Great place to work, need more staff, better equipment, and better compensation. Fantastic management, really works well with your schedule.
Cold corporation
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCMay 13, 2016
This company never accomodated me in terms of getting a leave of absence. They took me back but put me at the bottom of the list.
Fun with my colleagues
Security/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2016
For the past three years it has been a good experience from colleagues and management. The current culture of promoting from within is good if it will apply to all.
Good job, great people
Supervisor/Manager/Security Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 21, 2016
Garda at Suncor provided me with all kinds of opportunities. The management was great and so were the people. The pay and the benefits were also very good.
Gives you great experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2016
Gives you great experience working directly with the public, note taking, task management, working with a team.
Id have to say the most hardest part about security is adjusting myself to working long nights.
Pros
You learn something new every shift
Cons
not having a set work schedule
love to work,my superiors and colleages and the security officer working under me very understanding
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Good place to work,management is very cooperative,overall good organizations.my superiors and the security officers work with me or i worked as site supervisor all wonderfull.
Great Pay, but drops you within 3 months of hire
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONApril 18, 2016
Garda world at gold corp is great to make some good money and have good work benefits but they do tend to terminate you before your 3 month period is over, expect to remain no more than 2 months with them.
Pros
Great Pay, average benefits, eat lunch at anytime
Cons
long hours of mostly nothing, contract gets terminated within the 3 month period so you won't receive the benefits, (recomended that you have another job lined up before your 3 month period has expired)
Pleasent place to work
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
The work though strenuous is exciting and productive .It is satisfying to know our work ensures public safety and enables public to travel safe in comfort.
Pros
Challenging and exciting work
Cons
long standing work
Airport Security (Current Employee) –  Pearson Airport, ONApril 11, 2016
challenging and exciting work during dealing with the travelling public.
Many families travelling with children is always a challenge and it is pleasure to guide them safe on the board.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
long standing hours
Think of yourself as the client
Dispatch Operator and scheduler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 8, 2016
Working with GardaWorld, i have learned how to treat the client as it if it was yourself. They made me grow as an employee but also as a person
Good experience but not long term
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 5, 2016
A normal day at work is different depending on which site you are stationed at. For office buildings its usually long hours with many patrols through the building with very little change. For a Mall it is always changing and full of excitement with patrols throughout the day and different situations from medicals to altercations. The management of the entire company is not very good however. Every paycheque there seems to be issues with the payment. Unfortunately the company doesn't have a good training system and many are under trained.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Underpaid
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2016
I have always became an integral part of a team oriented organization where I can assist in achieving dynamic results for the company and personal professional growth.
There is no scope for growth at the present employer
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2016
I had to train myself independently as the company does not provide training for floaters. There are also no benefits for part timers in the company.
Good work culture
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 19, 2016
I work 12 hour shifts and I work a two week on two week off rotation making it the hardest part of the job as I am away from family. Most enjoyable part is being around people and meeting people from different backgrounds. I have a very good supervisor and manager who make work life an enjoyable place to be in.
Pros
lovely working environment, good management
Cons
long hours, 12 hours shifts, being away from home for 2weeks out of the month
Typical private security company
Floater (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2016
No room for advancement financially. Contract security quality is largely site dependent and not really a company issue. Shifts are cancelled often and for those without a permanent site it is often hard to get your 40 hour work week. Zero support from operations, calls to payroll and benefits go to voicemail and are not returned. This is unfortunately typical, Gardaworld is no worse than any other larger security firm.
Cons
Not enough work, unstable employment.
Great workers
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
Working overnight was awesome, I surely enjoyed it. the hardest part was wondering what time you are going to leave, they dont tell you what time your expected to be there until. Co workers were great, except when they are late for their shift then its difficult, because you are so ready to get home and get some sleep.
Pros
Workers made it easier to work with
Cons
Hours werent always promised
Enjoyable career
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with then many cultural people at the airport. The passengers and overall work experience is something I will always remember. The fast pace and work load was exceptional. If I could work in that type of environment again, I would be happy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
inexperienced management
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 13, 2016
days were quite but productive, I have learned more observational and people skills. Management is precise and friendly, what I enjoy is a day with no incidents.
Productive and easy going
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  South Porcupine, ONMarch 11, 2016
LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY. Ordered & Clean environment. Although the pay could be better for the amount we have to do during any given shift.
Benefit of learning while working in corporate culture.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
The most important experience that one gains while working as Security Officer is, that one learns to deal with people from different walks of life and cultures. something that can help every individual to learn to communicate and improve one's man management skills.
Pros
One learns to be a team player.
Cons
Learn to adapt to rotations.

2.9