Garda World Employee Reviews

As per below.
Director Airports (Former Employee) –  6500 Silver Dart Drive, MIssissauga8 January 2017
Was laid off due to Corporate restructure at Garda.
The company is being sold off and Director level positions were eliminated nation-wide unfortunately
Pros
Car allowonce
Cons
Inability for advancement
A very multitasking job and fast-paced environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Syncrude fort mcmurray, alberta, canada7 January 2017
Being professional and learn how to be calm while talking to aggressive people and uncooperative, doing some office jobs and at the same time not always at the same post everyday. I learned how to drive an ambulance, a company that help people to achieve a success.
horrible company
Security Guard/ Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2017
removed me while I was on medical leave after having major surgery. when I went to return to work after my surgery they said I had been removed from site because of performance issues but on my yearly review just a month before I didn't have one negative comment. No communication within the office or between employees and maangement and to them your just a number. They throw their employees under the bus to them its all about the public perception
A Job
SCREENING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  James Richardson International Airport2 January 2017
Great job interesting day to day events keep you motivated, to want to keep going to work. Management should learn people skills and how to manage properly.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Managers micro managing
poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 December 2016
they really just didn't care about their work force sloppy scheduled and little to no support when needed too much confusion among staff
and very mediocre level jobs
Great staff and management
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
I loved working for Garda! they were very accommodating for my needs and wants within the time frame I needed to be there, I was only in Alberta for about 4 months and wanted to earn some money while I was there before I came back home to Ontario for school.
Pros
monday-friday work
Cons
low salary rates for some locations
Great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2016
Great culture, supportive environment. When projects get hard everyone is helpful and kind. There is a lot of trust in the team and there is nobody I don't like.Great office location, flexible working hours. My life is nicer now I working here.
Used to be good until mid 2015
Driver / Messenger / Guard / FLM Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 December 2016
Management are almost abusive. They try to bully and guilt employees to do things.
The managers get worse the higher up you go and the owner is terrible. He fired 140 employees without cause because he refused to offer a fair contract.
I would advise everyone to avoid this place. It used to be great for many years until the current owner decided to destroy it all.
Run, run very far.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
too many to list
garbage company
Security Guard c (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
one of the worst company ive ever worked for. They expect so much from you, dont expect management to have your back because they wont, got really sick once brought in a doctors note and still got written up for it. wouldnt recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
co workers are my only pros
Cons
everything
Poorly Run Company
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 December 2016
I have nothing to say in regards to this company. They treat staff with little to no regard. Most management at the working level seem ok but have hands tied in the day to day dealings with staff.
Terrible all aroubd
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 December 2016
Managers and supervisors are inexperienced and unorganized. Pay is terrible, hours are terrible (days nights evenings with short rest). Company is only interested in making money for itself. No interest with in the employees. Terrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
No pay. Bad management. Poor you're.
Tough to get regular hours, pay rates are poor, management group are busy and tough to get a response.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2016
With so many full and part time employees, it is hard to get anyone to know who you are. Often have difficulty getting a response when requesting needed items to do the job. Often have to correct the payroll department on pay and statements.
Cons
poor pay rates, long hours in some jobs
productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 December 2016
maintain the safety for the site and conduct interior and exterior patrols even 3 hours and assist tenants if they need any help.
Benefits
Cons
Stay away unless you're desperate
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2016
Its all about the client. If you have a good relationship with them, with good hours. Then you'll never have to deal with Garda.

If you ever lose the site, prepare for a headache.
The company will pull dirty tricks to find ways around your seniority and lie to you about available work.

Management is a joke. If your lucky enough to get ahold of someone they wont take your call seriously and you'll get nowhere.
Pros
Good for students
Cons
Bad hours, inconsitent work, bad managment.
Not a positive experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 December 2016
Working for Garda is not job anyone should be proud about, it is time consuming, very tiring, stressful the only light in this darkness is that you gain aptitudes that would make you care about other people by watching over them and pay attention to details out of the site you are assigned to.
Pros and cons
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  100 King Street West28 November 2016
A typical day at work involves at least a couple of patrols of certain areas and floors, some walking, and all over the span of 8 to 12 hours, depending on the shift, though we sometimes have to stay longer, which I do not mind.
The hardest part is that I do not get along at all with two of the people with whom I have to work, although I try not to let it show, albeit my coworkers at their exceptions seem to have seen through how I feel toward them, though I thankfully get along quite well with all the others, which makes it nice to work there, so long as I avoid those two.
The most enjoyable parts are the patrols, as I do like walking around.
productive workplace
Escort individuals (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
best experience
more room for improvement
40 hours guaranteed
best place for work
friendly environment
coming to work was the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive work environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
Lots to learn, meet new people on a daily bases. Everyday is different.Lots of room to move within the company. Promotes internal promotions
Fast pace, energetic environment with opportunity to work with hundreds of different employees.
Screening point manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 November 2016
Ample opportunity to work with employees and directly deal with passengers on a daily basis. Upper management is very supportive and there is definitely a great working relationship and collaboration.
Pros
Great dealing with the public and ensuring passengers are safe.
Cons
Long hours and shift work from early mornings to late afternoon; no balance in schedule.
Good Benefits
Security Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Patrolled commercial premise to detect signs of intrusion, answer alarms and investigate disturbances
Supervised and authorized personnel entrance and generated activity reports and standard occurrence reports
Conducted and reviewed health & safety inspections to mitigate risks that could affect daily operations

2.9