Garda World Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
I loved working for Gardaworld, Even though the transition was hard from TSM (company bought by garda). I was a shift supervisor for a mall in toronto and it was fun. Great staff and management. I was a young supervisor, so most people did not show me much respect but that comes with the job. I made several mistakes of micro managing at times and getting into heated convos with management.
Management fired me from site because i liked to stick up for my guys on my shift. I refused to sit in control while my guys are having a hard time arresting a subject or 2. Extra backup is always good to have. Other supervisors would just throw their guards under the bus and keep their jobs. I refused to do that and got myself fired.

So if you want to keep your job as management, throw people under the bus :)
Pros
breaks, competitive pay, head office management
Cons
too many casual guards sent into high profile sites without proper training
Poor management, toxic environment
Cash messenger (Former Employee) –  Southern Alberta11 November 2016
Awful management, along side out of date equipment that they expect you to perform to there unrealistic standards. Even when you're working with what you got, your always in the wrong. Terrible support system, nobody from one city to the next gave a hoot about anyone just get home as fast as you can work and drive. ot all came down to the company making money, and not giving a hoot about the employee or the work we perform or dangers some have endured. The employee comes last. A clear sign of the companies and managers made employees arrogant and not care. Very disappointing
Pros
Good pay, above average benefits
Cons
No room for improvement or promotion, bad management, micro managing is a issue, very repetitive job tasks
Productive and helpful environment
Security Officer (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2017
Giving opportunity to new comer by believing them
Everyday is a new day lots of things to learn on corporate sites but with team-work everything is possible and easy to solve. These things are learnt from my sites.
Team-Work
Helpful management

Garda World is offering
Competitive salary
Good Benefits
Pros
Giving opportunities to new comers
Solid
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2016
It pays well for a ridiculously easy job, especially if you end up on the night shift. Night shift itself I found to be nice and calm and relaxing, if a bit boring. The 4 days on/4 days off schedule was absolutely fantastic once you adjust, it gives you plenty of time for hobbies or out of town trips. You just can't do much on the days that you are working.

My main issue with the job was how utterly repetitive it got after the first couple of months, there wasn't much left to learn once you got the hang of it. And the lack of promotion options can make you feel a little trapped.

No problems with the management, either on site or from the headquarters. They were all very helpful and accommodating. And nearly all (nobody's perfect) my coworkers were very friendly and easy to get along with.

Overall I'd say it's a good temporary job to fill in a blank where you need to save some money.
Pros
decent pay, good work schedule, easy job/low stress
Cons
boring, no real advancement options, repititious
Mismanaged, dead end job
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 August 2016
The job it self as a screening officer is simple and rewarding. After a few months and you begin to realize no one get disciplined for their actions, doing your job correctly isn't enforced, and respect for self and peers is also not enforced, it becomes increasingly difficult to stay focused and motivated.
Management does not intervene in any day to day operational issues, unless it directly effects their bonus. The job offers no advancement or recognition.
Coworkers who are lazy and have poor personal hygiene are favoured for some reason while those who care (or once did) about their impact on AVIATION SECURITY lose hope as they feel little to no respect.
When asking management for direction or assistance with ANY situation, you're either laughed at or ignored..
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
No discipline
Fast pace, energetic environment with opportunity to work with hundreds of different employees.
Screening point manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 November 2016
Ample opportunity to work with employees and directly deal with passengers on a daily basis. Upper management is very supportive and there is definitely a great working relationship and collaboration.
Pros
Great dealing with the public and ensuring passengers are safe.
Cons
Long hours and shift work from early mornings to late afternoon; no balance in schedule.
Used to be good until mid 2015
Driver / Messenger / Guard / FLM Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 December 2016
Management are almost abusive. They try to bully and guilt employees to do things.
The managers get worse the higher up you go and the owner is terrible. He fired 140 employees without cause because he refused to offer a fair contract.
I would advise everyone to avoid this place. It used to be great for many years until the current owner decided to destroy it all.
Run, run very far.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
too many to list
excellent management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  8200 Dixie Road Brampton14 October 2016
I have had a great experience working for Garda. The management is 2nd to none and the working atmosphere is great.

I have met many people of all different cultures and enjoy it.
Pros
nice office, best management team
Cons
low pay and benefits, no animals
Hazardous to health, safety and well-being
VAULT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2016
Managment tends to avoid useful ideas to help increase company's income, unionized employees have the tendency to think they are entitles to everything and no discipline action required. Procedures are followed accurately, but nobody is willing to praise supervisors/managment for a long day.
Terrible Managment
Guard (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON2 August 2016
Worked at this company for over a year. No raises, no incentives, Union job, but the union is powerless due to the negotiated contract. Can't strike, can't work to rule. Can't do anything to advance. Never have I worked for a company that cares less about their employees.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
No raises, poor treatment by management, weak union
Productive with good management
Security Profile officer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 January 2017
Posted you to various sites and enable you to gain more experience on working on retailer stores, school, malls and airport.
There are a lot of in-service training on special projects.
Pros
GOOD BENEFITS AND JOB SATISFACTION
Cons
LONG HOURS & CONTRACT JOBS WITH CLIENTS
Jobs was great
Security Guard/ Security Officer (Former Employee) –  all over Alberta20 January 2017
Liked the jobs where I was place, company kinda not organize, Three manager treated me good. when I call and need anything they tried to get it to me, sometime it would take a long time. Pay was not good
Pros
not bother all the time
Cons
your complaints went on notice asked for pay raise none give
Challenging work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
Day to day work is formulaic and involves doing the same things the same way, and often, but special occurrences will challenge your ability to adapt. Working with and around your team to best manage emergencies, irate members of the public, and safety and maintenance issues can make the job rewarding when done well.
Pros
Exercise, learning opportunities, crisis management experience
Cons
Long hours, rotating shifts
Cool training, bad schedules
Armed Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2016
Training for 1.5 weeks in firearms and law before testing.
Schedule is based on seniority (casual to fulltime night then day)
have to do night shifts before getting to days

Overtime is mandatory if you dont finish your run.
Paid over time is 1.5x
sometimes double time

most of the guys and gals are nice
Everything is rushed
no benefits for part timers and casuals
Cons
Long hours if you dont know your route
Everyday Floater
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2016
This company does not have much organized effort to have any data on you, I gave them my resume over 5 times and it is never on file. Long hours and low pay with no benefits and a union which doesn't do much. No advancement ever possible in this company your just a pawn to their bigger picture and just an employee number rather than a name.
Unprofessional, worst job experience
Pre Boarding Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  YYC Calgary19 October 2016
The worst place to work at. I have never dealt with such unprofessional, uneducated and verbally abusive managers in my entire life. I don't recommend this place to anyone. Senior Officers have attitude problems most likely passed on from their managers or they have been working there too long it's gotten into them. Managers contradict one another and the training is very poor. If you have an education, please avoid this place, I'm sure you can find something a lot better. I feel sorry for the employees that work there. The pay is not even that great either. Maybe for those who lack education it may seem alright but it ain't. People will come and go.
Pros
Cons
Uneducated, unprofessional management, supervisors.
Just read the news
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2016
No proper training. Not a safe environment. What you see in the news for the Edmonton location is merely the tip of the iceberg. Management is awful. This job is not worth your life. Turn around and look elsewhere.
Pros
Benefits. Possible overtime. Co workers.
Cons
Everything else
Great Job Oppurtunity
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
GardaWorld is an internationally successful and growing security company. Working for this company as Dispatch gave me experiences that help me deal with individuals on a day to day basis, beyond what an associate level in customer service could.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
High Management Turnover
productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 December 2016
maintain the safety for the site and conduct interior and exterior patrols even 3 hours and assist tenants if they need any help.
Benefits
Productive and safe
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 September 2016
Good environment , nice , paceful, long hours 12h/day , i like working with them
Cool , i learned a lot, good coworkers
Management good but so young but it is ok ..they know what they do they know the job

2.9