Garda World Employee Reviews

Loved it
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 February 2017
I loved working here, I stayed at Suncor site from day one til the day i left, I regretted leaving the day i did it. there a great company to work for and very accommodating.
Pros
People, Salary, Accommodating
Exciting pace to Work.
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
People you'll be working with are "different" but when they start to know them and vise-versa they are the kindest and most respectful people.
it was a ''OK'' job
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2017
the hardest part sometimes was to have enough working hours in a week. But overall it was ok, they have enough places to work, cause unless we are assinged to a specific contract, we stayed on calls and move from one place to another.
Pros
working conditions were good
Cons
we were treated like a number
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
Good place to work. Flexible. Various work sites. Good pay. Enjoyed being able to work on my own and hours I wanted. Only reason I left was to pursue educational opportunities in a different field.
Best in the business
Security Supervisor / Emergency Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 February 2017
Best in the business and knows how to train and treat their employee with ut most respect. They have a decent benefits package better than any other security organization in canada.
Horrible Management
Corporate Security (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 February 2017
was kicked off schedule last minute because i didnt have First aid and CPR level C but did have level A because of their conflict with City of Brampton
Great place, unstable hours
Cash service messenger (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 February 2017
Love the people and love the place, but even after 2 years of dedicated service there I will be shift cuts and I will be loosing many hours! This is crazy to me.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Hours
Great team
Signaleur (Former Employee) –  Mercier, QC14 February 2017
I learn a lot whit them and came across great people i really liked my experience whit garda world and i think its a good opportunity for anybody who is looking for a job.
not a bad place to work
Loss Prevention Coordinator/officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2017
not a bad place to work trained in Private Investigations. Management a bit weak no follow up on staff, need more training to improve client relationships.
Flexible, fun and challenging
Administrative Professional (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
Every day is different and interesting in an ever changing environment. Very easy to trade/donate and pick up shifts to fit your schedule. Great job if you enjoy providing customer service and working with people but can be physically exhausting
Everyday is unique and enjoyable
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2017
Working as a Security Guard aided me in growing into the Strong & Independent man I am today. Easy to speak to managers makes the sites great to work at, as well as helping people makes the job amazing. From assisting people in need to arresting people, its the most full-filling career I could have picked and has made me a very happy man. Thank You Garda.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
No "Thank You's" normally given
Environment was pleasant enough
Data entry for guard info (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2017
The workplace was not a bad eviorment, but there was a very distinct division between the guards, office staff, and dispatchers. It was made very clear that the office staff were seperate from the rest of the company.

Dispatchers started their shifts from 6:30 am -6:30 pm, we were not allowed to take lunches till after the office staff came back from long lunches, and then complain if they had to take over the phones so we could have our lunch, many occassions lunch was only eaten partically due to the fact we had to answer calls.

Management was vey disorganized, too many cooks in the kitchen, which resulted to a huge huge mistake in vacation pay, and misunderstandings that i was forced to quit my job, because i couldn't get to work,lost my car, and almost my place to live in, because of the finacial mess of vacation pay.All I was told was sorry, theres nothing we can do, and there was a mistake from the accountanting department in Montreal. My experiance in Garda was not a very good one, and wouldnt work for them again, they don't care about the little people.
Pros
good money
Cons
treated as a seperate part of the company.
Garda world is well reputed security company for job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 January 2017
During my job with garda world I really feel very comfortable to performed my duties and management was also very coopartive with staff and employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 January 2017
• Ensuring people and premises are safe at all times
• Responsible for foot, mobile patrolling, radar use and issuing violation tickets on site
• Driving ambulances and acting as first responder in case of emergencies
• Completing detailed incident and accident reports
Pros
Mobile patrol
As a security Guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 January 2017
It was always a challenging working at Garda world, Garda w. is the best company Security in Canada. as I said I really enjoy worked at Garda world as a security guard.
Pros
long break
Cons
overtime
Poor company to work for
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON... Now Gatineau Quebec26 January 2017
Having worked 19 years for this company, I can say with no regret, that it is the worst company to work for. They do not care about your personal security "all off crews". Many many robberies occur as they are two man crews. Their vehicles are falling apart. You are just a number, and are not appreciated at all.
Pros
Cons
Poor work environment. No moral
Jobs was great
Security Guard/ Security Officer (Former Employee) –  all over Alberta20 January 2017
Liked the jobs where I was place, company kinda not organize, Three manager treated me good. when I call and need anything they tried to get it to me, sometime it would take a long time. Pay was not good
Pros
not bother all the time
Cons
your complaints went on notice asked for pay raise none give
Great Workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
I loved working for Gardaworld, Even though the transition was hard from TSM (company bought by garda). I was a shift supervisor for a mall in toronto and it was fun. Great staff and management. I was a young supervisor, so most people did not show me much respect but that comes with the job. I made several mistakes of micro managing at times and getting into heated convos with management.
Management fired me from site because i liked to stick up for my guys on my shift. I refused to sit in control while my guys are having a hard time arresting a subject or 2. Extra backup is always good to have. Other supervisors would just throw their guards under the bus and keep their jobs. I refused to do that and got myself fired.

So if you want to keep your job as management, throw people under the bus :)
Pros
breaks, competitive pay, head office management
Cons
too many casual guards sent into high profile sites without proper training
Productive and helpful environment
Security Officer (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2017
Giving opportunity to new comer by believing them
Everyday is a new day lots of things to learn on corporate sites but with team-work everything is possible and easy to solve. These things are learnt from my sites.
Team-Work
Helpful management

Garda World is offering
Competitive salary
Good Benefits
Pros
Giving opportunities to new comers
Productive with good management
Security Profile officer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 January 2017
Posted you to various sites and enable you to gain more experience on working on retailer stores, school, malls and airport.
There are a lot of in-service training on special projects.
Pros
GOOD BENEFITS AND JOB SATISFACTION
Cons
LONG HOURS & CONTRACT JOBS WITH CLIENTS

2.9