Garda World

Garda World Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good to work, friendly people
technical analyst (Current Employee), north york, ONSeptember 29, 2014
good to work here and people are nice. moving ahead in the ranks is quite slow and overall an average workplace.
very good group of people
Screening Point Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
Great Place to work. very fast paced environment
dealing with public was the most interesting part of my job
Very Poor Management
Manager (Former Employee), BCJuly 15, 2014
Cons: low pay, nepotistic local management structure
Senior and Middle Management is not qualified and lack depth, experience, and skills. Based on Mepotistic hiring of Managers
Great job, not long term.
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Current Employee), Edmonton International Airport.July 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: shift work
It has thus far been an amazing journey in this company. I sadly have decided to branch off into something I would more enjoy; sedimentary position.

The company has recently undergone new management revamping, and the direction that organization has taken isn't what I had initially liked about the job.
Interesting job
Pre Board Screening Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2014
Enjoy talking to passengers, very interesting to learn security procedures.
Nice team
Agente d'investigation préemploi (Current Employee), Montreal, QcOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great employees
Cons: heavy work load
Very difficult work conditions, low salary and weak corporate culture.
I would love to be back at Garda World
Pre-boarding screening officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: i left ... due to move to british columbia
Garda World was one of the best positions I have every had.
I loved the atmosphere, people, co-workers ... working with
the public ... being at the hustle, bustle of the airport ...
I am applying to get back with Garda World.
just find something else
processing (Current Employee), garda paOctober 20, 2014
Pros: ok pay
Cons: no social life, they lie too much, make changes and it doesnt work, constantly chsnge work time think it would help but ut doesnt, lack of communication, lack of organization
I've been work st this place for about 2 and half years and I really dislike it here. Lack of communication on things they bs you all the time. They change people schedule thinking it will work with production but it doesn't work. They can't keep people and when we are short staff they work us to death.
Find something else.
Mssanger (Former Employee), marylandOctober 6, 2014
No family life. They lie a lot. Most of them don't even know or follow DOT / state laws. Poor work conditions. Trucks break ALL the time. BTW overtime starts after 50 hours, not joking.
Dishonest Leadership
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaOctober 1, 2014
Cons: no performance review process, unsafe working conditions, unrealistic expectations, dishonest leadership, they do not care at all about their employees
No performance review process, unsafe working conditions, unrealistic expectations, dishonest leadership, they do not care at all about their employees
project work
Field Security Coordinator (Current Employee), ASSeptember 14, 2014
Cons: long houer
I work hard.
lerned brifing client.
interpeter.
enjoy the job.
driving.
Really think about it!!!!!
Driver Messenger (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2014
Cons: everybody from management to ceo
Do not stay, if you want to work there, really think about it. The hours are long, no family life, and they do lie to you. There is no morale which makes it difficult to give it 100%. The only way to move up is if you kiss a lot of butt.
Not a good place to work.
Cash Vault Services Teller (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Cons: people don't care about the work that they do. working late and have to pack out late orders.
There is a lot of dysfunction in the company. People do not take pride in what they do the Transportation or CVS department.
Armoured
X Crew Chief (Former Employee), Stratford,CTAugust 29, 2014
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: 2 many 2 list
This is the absolutely last place on the planet u want 2 work.
The depot managers pit all employees against each other, u r also under pd & over worked.
The trucks have NO heat in the winter & NO AC, not even working fans in the summer.
U have trucks where the xhaust fumes come in the truck, break down on a regular basics.
Trucks have been known 2 have – more... the entire wheel & hub come off the truck @ speeds of 60mph. This was witnessed twice & verifiable.
Truck rts make no sence @ all. U r out there until ur dun but r pulled in the office if u go over 40hrs. Employees refuse 2 stick 2gether & look out just 4 themselves there4 management always wins.
If my family was starving & living in the streets I would NOT take a job w/this co ever !!!!!!
Don't say u were NOT WARNED !!!!!! – less
not a life long career
coin loader/coin unloader (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Cons: lies
I work in the l.i.c branch and they treat us like slaves no a/c not even fans. They work us as if we were slaves.
They don't listen to us as individuals. They expect us to work practically for free the pay stinks and management is one sided literally. I recommend they get rid of the union cause they work with the company. .
worst company to work for ..keep looking
armed messenger (Former Employee), Garda broadview ilAugust 13, 2014
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: very long hours. over worked ..very low pay ..dangerous trucks.to much to list
Management pits their employees against each other ..they lie to you about everything. .they do not care about your safety ..or your family ..there is no training ..they will put a gun in anyone's hands very scary..they hire thugs and arm them ..very unprofessional ..if there is a problem they will lie to blame it on you ..there trucks are death traps – more... .no heat ..no a/c ..the trucks are rusty and falling apart ..just look at one on the road ...this whole company is a big joke ...do yourself a favor and keep looking ... – less
Large company with great potential.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), South Bend, INAugust 9, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: potentially dangerous work environment
Garda World is a large multinational company with a large market share of the physical security and cash logistics market. They have the potential to be the top company in this field. They offer job security and modest benefits.
terrible!! mangement! but being on the road is great
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJAugust 2, 2014
Pros: meet some good people
Cons: management is terrible!! don't like to pay what your worth
the Job is great!! Management is terrible!! the pay is not what you think it is. it's not a federal base job its privately owned. For a dangerous job its not worth risking your life for the rate of pay you receive.
Worst place in the world to work for
Check Imager (Former Employee), memphis tnJuly 16, 2014
Cons: too many to name
The company an whole is the worst. Management has no skills in training or helping others. The employees best interest in hand are not taken in consideration. Hr is a joke. They will not assist you nor will they come and see about the environment that you are working in if you have complaints. It is a poor excuse of a company.
Easy Job
cash vault teller (Former Employee), long island cityJuly 16, 2014
Pros: nice place, friendly people
Cons: work never ends, they expect you to be robot
easy job but they expect you to be fast. even when youre a newcommer they expect you to be veteran

1 2 3

About Garda World

GardaWorld Security Corporation is a Canadian private security firm, based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, with 45,000 employees – Read more