Garda World Employee Reviews in Canada

Stressful and no communication in the office.
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 23, 2016
This company lacks communication. Rarely communicate on serious issues. Very disorganized in the office. little telephone on personal contact
Pros
Gaining clients.
Cons
no communication or back up
Always an opportunity for growth
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 18, 2016
always had something different to do - assisting with various departments in maintaining the operations of the branch.
never was a dull or boring day at work always learned something new about the company, my work, and myself in regards to my abilities and skill set.
Average
Ontario Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2016
It was ok working with this company, I have mixed reviews because it doesnt offer any full time jobs. Often only gives bad jobs (undesirable).
Pros
Call in shifts
Cons
Hard to find full time
Productive and easy to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2016
Typical security works, like patrols, CCTV reviews, audits of keys, access cards, fire panel response, etc.Communicating with building operators, tenants and other building staff for routine requests like lighting, temperature, plumbing, parking issues etc.
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
Salary advancement has a limit or cap
Management is very kind.
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 5, 2016
Its a good company to start at an early age.Employee can make enough money to support education and expenses and move on to policing and law enforcing agencies.
Very enjoyable and a lot of fun.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 3, 2016
First day was my typical day of work, it was so memorable because it was a winter morning and very cold. I learned a lot about patrol work and knowledge of the site. the management and co-workers were cooperative. the cold make my day hard and the day was enjoyable because I saw a lot of new things.
fun workplace
Security Guard/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
Ensured the safety and security of client holdings, tenants and visitors to the assignment area in a professional, courteous manner.
Enforced site rules and regulations of establishments.
Worked effectively under pressure in a physically demanding environment with attention to detail, critical thinking with excellent job task planning and organization.
The best place to work for university students
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
*Calgary, Alberta location*

Awesome management, and if you prove yourself to be a trustworthy worker they will accomodate you in whatever way they can. This is the first workplace in the private security industry where I have felt like a person rather than an ID number, where I felt respected by management and that they wanted to do what they could to see me succeed.

After a summer of working full-time, where I had overtime opportunities and a 48 hour 4-on-4-off rotation, I went back to school. I worked out a new schedule with HR to work weekends and got plenty of calls for extra shifts. During the shift as long as nobody saw me I could read my textbook (uploaded to my cell phone), do research for my papers, etc. and supervisors never bothered me about it. Just make sure you tell them that you're in school beforehand and work it out with them when it's acceptable to do school work on the job.

Quit working in the service industry for just above minimum wage, students. Get your security licence and work for Garda. They are so good to students in my experience.
Pros
Lots of hours, competitive wages across all positions, accomodating
Cons
Same as all security work in Alberta, modest pay and can't leave the worksite for lunch so pack a backpack
Unorganized
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 16, 2016
Poor management. No Work/life culture. No room for advancement. Wage is poor. Concerning amount of people have very little interpersonal skills.
Cash Services Messenger (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 14, 2016
Great place to work, need more staff, better equipment, and better compensation. Fantastic management, really works well with your schedule.
Cold corporation
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCMay 13, 2016
This company never accomodated me in terms of getting a leave of absence. They took me back but put me at the bottom of the list.
Fun with my colleagues
Security/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2016
For the past three years it has been a good experience from colleagues and management. The current culture of promoting from within is good if it will apply to all.
Good job, great people
Supervisor/Manager/Security Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 21, 2016
Garda at Suncor provided me with all kinds of opportunities. The management was great and so were the people. The pay and the benefits were also very good.
Gives you great experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2016
Gives you great experience working directly with the public, note taking, task management, working with a team.
Id have to say the most hardest part about security is adjusting myself to working long nights.
Pros
You learn something new every shift
Cons
not having a set work schedule
love to work,my superiors and colleages and the security officer working under me very understanding
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Good place to work,management is very cooperative,overall good organizations.my superiors and the security officers work with me or i worked as site supervisor all wonderfull.
Great Pay, but drops you within 3 months of hire
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONApril 18, 2016
Garda world at gold corp is great to make some good money and have good work benefits but they do tend to terminate you before your 3 month period is over, expect to remain no more than 2 months with them.
Pros
Great Pay, average benefits, eat lunch at anytime
Cons
long hours of mostly nothing, contract gets terminated within the 3 month period so you won't receive the benefits, (recomended that you have another job lined up before your 3 month period has expired)
Pleasent place to work
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
The work though strenuous is exciting and productive .It is satisfying to know our work ensures public safety and enables public to travel safe in comfort.
Pros
Challenging and exciting work
Cons
long standing work
Airport Security (Current Employee) –  Pearson Airport, ONApril 11, 2016
challenging and exciting work during dealing with the travelling public.
Many families travelling with children is always a challenge and it is pleasure to guide them safe on the board.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
long standing hours
Think of yourself as the client
Dispatch Operator and scheduler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 8, 2016
Working with GardaWorld, i have learned how to treat the client as it if it was yourself. They made me grow as an employee but also as a person
Good experience but not long term
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 5, 2016
A normal day at work is different depending on which site you are stationed at. For office buildings its usually long hours with many patrols through the building with very little change. For a Mall it is always changing and full of excitement with patrols throughout the day and different situations from medicals to altercations. The management of the entire company is not very good however. Every paycheque there seems to be issues with the payment. Unfortunately the company doesn't have a good training system and many are under trained.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Underpaid