Garda World

Garda World Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If you like drama then screening at the airport is the place for you
Team Leader/Supervisor/Screening Officer (Former Employee), London, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: 8 hour days, senority based worked
Cons: no weeks for people under 10 years of service
working for the company itself is ok, no room for advancement unless you want to move out west or somewhere ridiculous.
typical work day consists of gossiping about your fellow co workers and/or being watched and being reported on by your "fellow brothers and sisters"

depending on what shift you work, the day could be good or bad. typically the early morning shift is where its at and usually people get a lot just fine.
Love the job
SRA- Lead hand (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: Versatility of the job
Cons: Long hours
Each and every day is different I have new challenge. I learn everyday something new and enjoy what I do.
Management appreciate my help in the task and have a great respect for my work very little they have to direct me. I most of the time initiate the task and perform to the best of my knowledge.
The hardest part of my job is that very often I complete my task too fast and I have to find new one to keep myself busy.
I enjoy my job overall.
Very dedicated employees
Payroll & Billing Administrator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: none
Gardaworld is a great place to start your career. It is a company that has strong values and believes in career growth. They work with you to advance your career.
fun place to work with great team spirit
In Plant Deposit and Cash Processor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 12, 2015
• Handling Cash
• Depositing to various companies accounts
• Processing through accounts
• Working in highly monitored environment
A Great Environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2015
At my current job, there is no such thing as a typical day due to the situations that we have to deal with. It could be any where from simple access control to removing people off property.

I have learned mostly everything about security and customer service through GardaWorld. With an amazing team and management, it is almost impossible not to enjoy working for GardaWorld.

The hardest part of the job would be situations such as a death in the building or fire alarm. But however, I do not find any of these hard as I have learned how to deal with situations such as listed calmly and in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the GardaWorld team treats you like family and is always there to support.
Great
Security Guard (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2015
It's a great place to work especially if you are in need to make money and work hard and reconstruct your life this would be the best place to start from.
At Simco Lake for Fishing " Summer & Witer " Time .
Concierge & Gatehouse Guard (Former Employee), All Around " GTA "April 30, 2015
Pros: I Would Enjoy it so Much !
Cons: Love it, More job More Money, More Honey ! ! !
Some Body Hit the Gate Arm, Very Heavy, Because of Heart Attack

All of a Sudden .To be on Time for any Shifts, At least 15 Minutes

Before Starting Your Shift . Have a Good Greeting With The People/

Residents, Specially, Elderly People . Having a Good Cooperation,

With Your Partner Because of the Best Resolution . To Take the "

Fire Alarm " Very Serious and to Know how You Should Deal

With, Step By Step, Based on the Post Orders . The Writer is Happy

When, His Property Manager & his Supervisor are Satisfied With his

job & all his Responsibilities !
work is good
security guard (Current Employee), calgaryApril 27, 2015
Pros: over times
Cons: long hours
Its a nice place to work with friendly people and co-workers. Sites are good in downtown. Garda give free extra trainings to the guards which help the guard's in different sites.
Terrible company! Look for work elsewhere
Security guard (Current Employee), MississaugaApril 15, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Management, low pay, bad hours
They like to over work guards at 44hrs, just enough so you won't get any overtime. Pay is always very low to start and they will close your site without any notice. The operations managers (especially Jeremy Shorts) are clueless to how any site actually functions. You'll be unappreciated, over worked and used if you decide to work here.
New World
TRAINING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Nice place
Cons: None
Excellent company.
Positive environment.
Learned lot of things.
Excellent management team.
Golden experience.
Good place for work.
Professional and Down to Earth
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free Uniforms
Cons: Sometimes Long hours
Professional and Down to earth people to work for, I highly reccommend Gardaworld as a potential employer and a company to suit all your security needs.
Nepotism runs rampant
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 1, 2015
Just remember you are going in for a paycheck...

Only upside is working onsite, you get to meet a lot of interesting people..

Supervisors and Management? Be prepared to be screamed at publicly if you do something they are not happy with...so leave your dignity at home.
New management is horrible
guard (Current Employee), red deer, abFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: i'm employed
Cons: manager. all nights.
Used to be an alright job, manager was great, typical big company beyond our local group.

New manager isnt good that talks to us like we're kids.

Can't wait to be gone from this place .

Run far far away.
Posted Review already for Gardaworld
Operational Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2015
GardaWorld security is a good place to work, job advancement opportunities, many avenues for career development, ongoing learning and on the job training. Great atmosphere and management team.
Good and the Bad
Screening Officer (Current Employee), Regina SkJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: afternoons off
Cons: in bed by 6:00pm
Starts by waking up to be at work at 3:30am. I sign in and we start processing people through security. Everyday is different, sometimes the passengers are easy to work with and there is some days where it feels like everyone is against you. Most days its good. I analyze bags on the x-ray machine and test bags for explosives. I also do full body searches and use a full body scanner. If there is something that we need to check in a bag i check it and make the decision whether is can go or not according to Transport Canada's rules.

I learned a lot of great skills and my people skills increased. It was cool to see the behind the scenes stuff of airport security.

Managements is one of the reasons why i am looking for a new job. They were very hard to work with. No one was on the same page about anything. There would be some days where one manager would tell you to do a task a certain way and then the next day the other manager would get mad at the way you were doing it. They always try to embarrass people in front of passenger by yelling across the floor when you were doing something wrong, rather than coming up to you and letting you know normally. The other thing about management that made it hard conditions to work under was they showed extreme favoritism and unfairness to those who they didnt favor. overall my best way to describe the management at GardaWorld would be that they are bully's who let the "authority of managing" get to their heads.

Like any job co-workers can make a huge difference in going to work. There are some that are good people to work with and some maybe – more... not so much. I found that the majority of people at GardaWorld are good people to work with.

The hardest part of the job would definitely be the hours. 3:30am-11:30am with no weekends off ever. It is hard to spend time with family and friends when every weekend you have to be in bed by 6:00pm to get a good night sleep.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people i work with. We work together as a team and make it a better day. – less
No Leadership
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), WinnipegDecember 27, 2014
Pros: hard working co-workers
Cons: 60 hours work weeks and no compansation for that time (no overtime or banked time)
Each branch is run independently by the branch General Manager. There are corporate policies and procedures that are required (ISO, OHS), which in this branch was not a priority.

There was no job description for any of the employees when I started. Job titles or positions were given out and not approved by corporate.

Workloads were unreasonable and when addressed to management, there would not add additional administrative staff.

Employees have not received a rise in salary in over five years, and there is no overtime compensation.
Bad Place, stay away
Guard (Former Employee), GTADecember 6, 2014
Cons: to many to list
This company is by far the worst I've ever worked for both in and out of the security industry. Management is junk, always got a pay shortage and takes weeks if not months to get it sorted out. Managers are bullies and have the do as I say approach. Ask for a raise and told you make to much. I couldn't wait to get out and happier since I left. Rather work at McDonalds than Garda
Poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
Cons: they don't care
I have been in and out of security for over 12 years and this is got to be one of the worst companies I have worked for. First they tell you they have you a job next minute oh sorry we have to cancel that site for you.
Good Company
Loss Prevention Guard (Current Employee), GTANovember 12, 2014
Good team environmented company which I love. Managers are always helpful and there for their employees.
Conflict resolution
Security Officer/ Field Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 9, 2014
At my present job site, during the truck strike I was able to diffuse a very hostile situation without any incidents. Most of the truck drivers were very angry because they had to wait long time to enter the terminals and they were thinking to break the gates and blocked the roads so no traffic can enter or leave port. I was able to convince them to open the one lane of the road and not to break any gates.

1 2 3

About Garda World

GardaWorld Security Corporation is a Canadian private security firm, based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, with 45,000 employees – Read more