Garda World Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
I loved working for Gardaworld, Even though the transition was hard from TSM (company bought by garda). I was a shift supervisor for a mall in toronto and it was fun. Great staff and management. I was a young supervisor, so most people did not show me much respect but that comes with the job. I made several mistakes of micro managing at times and getting into heated convos with management.
Management fired me from site because i liked to stick up for my guys on my shift. I refused to sit in control while my guys are having a hard time arresting a subject or 2. Extra backup is always good to have. Other supervisors would just throw their guards under the bus and keep their jobs. I refused to do that and got myself fired.

So if you want to keep your job as management, throw people under the bus :)
Pros
breaks, competitive pay, head office management
Cons
too many casual guards sent into high profile sites without proper training
Productive and helpful environment
Security Officer (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2017
Giving opportunity to new comer by believing them
Everyday is a new day lots of things to learn on corporate sites but with team-work everything is possible and easy to solve. These things are learnt from my sites.
Team-Work
Helpful management

Garda World is offering
Competitive salary
Good Benefits
Pros
Giving opportunities to new comers
Productive with good management
Security Profile officer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 January 2017
Posted you to various sites and enable you to gain more experience on working on retailer stores, school, malls and airport.
There are a lot of in-service training on special projects.
Pros
GOOD BENEFITS AND JOB SATISFACTION
Cons
LONG HOURS & CONTRACT JOBS WITH CLIENTS
great learning environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC, longueuil16 January 2017
- surveillance of buildings
-surveillance of camera
-patrolling on foot and car
-teamwork
-Shift-work, not always the same. can take a while before you land a full-time job. Depending on you and how you work. you can have a full schedule quickly or not. you have to want to work, to get what you want.
busy work place to be
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
At work I would have desk duties: check the camera's, check the doors, let people in the building and give them appropriate keys. I also used to work in the field by doing set up's and take down's. I secured the doors etc
Pros
busy work day
Cons
SECURITY work in general is
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2017
Since this company took over. It has n't been a good transition, I left the company in 2016 overall I wouldn't recommend this company to my enemies, they don't care about their employees. They did their best at getting rid of present employees to bring in their own.
Pros
every other weekend off, pay day, you can meet alot of ppl in where you can make connections to find a better job
Cons
long standing hour's, they expect the world from you, with little pay
Poor Organization and Terrible Work Practises
Regional Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2017
This organization continually lies to their employees and as a result represents a revolving door work culture. This is the only company that I have ever worked for that all the employees including managers hate going and being at work.
Fun Learning experience
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 January 2017
Acted as main point of contact for employees to address their concerns related to Human Resources policies & initiatives.
- Provided advanced support to the Human Resources Manager in various areas such as: employee relations, staffing, training, policy compliance, as well as other corporate initiatives.
- Utilized HR metrics and benchmarks to assess the effectiveness of the department and to exploit opportunities in recruitment, turnover rates and increasing employee morale.
- Liaised with all departments and levels within Garda as it related to Human Resources.
Gardaworld
Command Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
great opportunity to gain experience in the field of customer service. Can come across difficult situations but well worth it because you can gain knowledge and understanding for the future.
GardaWorld
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2017
They lack horribly in their communication with guards. Everyone in the office you can't reach by phone all the time. This Security company has a union and frankly security and union don't mix. When you first enter their office no one is at the reception desk ever.
Pros
there are none
Cons
Lack of communication, disrespectful and will not help you out if you get in a tight situation
As per below.
Director Airports (Former Employee) –  6500 Silver Dart Drive, MIssissauga8 January 2017
Was laid off due to Corporate restructure at Garda.
The company is being sold off and Director level positions were eliminated nation-wide unfortunately
Pros
Car allowonce
Cons
Inability for advancement
A very multitasking job and fast-paced environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Syncrude fort mcmurray, alberta, canada7 January 2017
Being professional and learn how to be calm while talking to aggressive people and uncooperative, doing some office jobs and at the same time not always at the same post everyday. I learned how to drive an ambulance, a company that help people to achieve a success.
horrible company
Security Guard/ Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2017
removed me while I was on medical leave after having major surgery. when I went to return to work after my surgery they said I had been removed from site because of performance issues but on my yearly review just a month before I didn't have one negative comment. No communication within the office or between employees and maangement and to them your just a number. They throw their employees under the bus to them its all about the public perception
A Job
SCREENING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  James Richardson International Airport2 January 2017
Great job interesting day to day events keep you motivated, to want to keep going to work. Management should learn people skills and how to manage properly.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Managers micro managing
poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 December 2016
they really just didn't care about their work force sloppy scheduled and little to no support when needed too much confusion among staff
and very mediocre level jobs
Great staff and management
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
I loved working for Garda! they were very accommodating for my needs and wants within the time frame I needed to be there, I was only in Alberta for about 4 months and wanted to earn some money while I was there before I came back home to Ontario for school.
Pros
monday-friday work
Cons
low salary rates for some locations
Great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2016
Great culture, supportive environment. When projects get hard everyone is helpful and kind. There is a lot of trust in the team and there is nobody I don't like.Great office location, flexible working hours. My life is nicer now I working here.
Used to be good until mid 2015
Driver / Messenger / Guard / FLM Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 December 2016
Management are almost abusive. They try to bully and guilt employees to do things.
The managers get worse the higher up you go and the owner is terrible. He fired 140 employees without cause because he refused to offer a fair contract.
I would advise everyone to avoid this place. It used to be great for many years until the current owner decided to destroy it all.
Run, run very far.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
too many to list
garbage company
Security Guard c (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
one of the worst company ive ever worked for. They expect so much from you, dont expect management to have your back because they wont, got really sick once brought in a doctors note and still got written up for it. wouldnt recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
co workers are my only pros
Cons
everything
Poorly Run Company
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 December 2016
I have nothing to say in regards to this company. They treat staff with little to no regard. Most management at the working level seem ok but have hands tied in the day to day dealings with staff.

2.9