Garda World Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good job, great people
Supervisor/Manager/Security Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 21, 2016
Garda at Suncor provided me with all kinds of opportunities. The management was great and so were the people. The pay and the benefits were also very good.
Gives you great experience
Security Guard (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: You learn something new every shift
Cons: not having a set work schedule
Gives you great experience working directly with the public, note taking, task management, working with a team.
Id have to say the most hardest part about security is adjusting myself to working long nights.
love to work,my superiors and colleages and the security officer working under me very understanding
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Good place to work,management is very cooperative,overall good organizations.my superiors and the security officers work with me or i worked as site supervisor all wonderfull.
Great Pay, but drops you within 3 months of hire
Security Guard (Former Employee), Timmins, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: Great Pay, average benefits, eat lunch at anytime
Cons: long hours of mostly nothing, contract gets terminated within the 3 month period so you won't receive the benefits, (recomended that you have another job lined up before your 3 month period has expired)
Garda world at gold corp is great to make some good money and have good work benefits but they do tend to terminate you before your 3 month period is over, expect to remain no more than 2 months with them.
Pleasent place to work
Security officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: Challenging and exciting work
Cons: long standing work
The work though strenuous is exciting and productive .It is satisfying to know our work ensures public safety and enables public to travel safe in comfort.
Airport Security (Current Employee), Pearson Airport, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: Good work enviroment
Cons: long standing hours
challenging and exciting work during dealing with the travelling public.
Many families travelling with children is always a challenge and it is pleasure to guide them safe on the board.
Think of yourself as the client
Dispatch Operator and scheduler (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 8, 2016
Working with GardaWorld, i have learned how to treat the client as it if it was yourself. They made me grow as an employee but also as a person
Good experience but not long term
Security Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 5, 2016
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Underpaid
A normal day at work is different depending on which site you are stationed at. For office buildings its usually long hours with many patrols through the building with very little change. For a Mall it is always changing and full of excitement with patrols throughout the day and different situations from medicals to altercations. The management of the entire company is not very good however. Every paycheque there seems to be issues with the payment. Unfortunately the company doesn't have a good training system and many are under trained.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2016
I have always became an integral part of a team oriented organization where I can assist in achieving dynamic results for the company and personal professional growth.
There is no scope for growth at the present employer
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2016
I had to train myself independently as the company does not provide training for floaters. There are also no benefits for part timers in the company.
Good work culture
Security Guard (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 19, 2016
Pros: lovely working environment, good management
Cons: long hours, 12 hours shifts, being away from home for 2weeks out of the month
I work 12 hour shifts and I work a two week on two week off rotation making it the hardest part of the job as I am away from family. Most enjoyable part is being around people and meeting people from different backgrounds. I have a very good supervisor and manager who make work life an enjoyable place to be in.
Typical private security company
Floater (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2016
Cons: Not enough work, unstable employment.
No room for advancement financially. Contract security quality is largely site dependent and not really a company issue. Shifts are cancelled often and for those without a permanent site it is often hard to get your 40 hour work week. Zero support from operations, calls to payroll and benefits go to voicemail and are not returned. This is unfortunately typical, Gardaworld is no worse than any other larger security firm.
Great workers
Security Guard (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Workers made it easier to work with
Cons: Hours werent always promised
Working overnight was awesome, I surely enjoyed it. the hardest part was wondering what time you are going to leave, they dont tell you what time your expected to be there until. Co workers were great, except when they are late for their shift then its difficult, because you are so ready to get home and get some sleep.
Enjoyable career
Screening Officer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 13, 2016
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: inexperienced management
I enjoyed working with then many cultural people at the airport. The passengers and overall work experience is something I will always remember. The fast pace and work load was exceptional. If I could work in that type of environment again, I would be happy.
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 13, 2016
days were quite but productive, I have learned more observational and people skills. Management is precise and friendly, what I enjoy is a day with no incidents.
Productive and easy going
Security Guard (Current Employee), South Porcupine, ONMarch 11, 2016
LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY. Ordered & Clean environment. Although the pay could be better for the amount we have to do during any given shift.
Benefit of learning while working in corporate culture.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: One learns to be a team player.
Cons: Learn to adapt to rotations.
The most important experience that one gains while working as Security Officer is, that one learns to deal with people from different walks of life and cultures. something that can help every individual to learn to communicate and improve one's man management skills.
Supervisors are all talk
Security Guard (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: benefits due to union
Cons: union fees, idiot supervisors
supervisors have no communications skills, when you do finally speak with them about issues they act big and bad and say they will take care of issues and then nothing happens
productive work experience
Mobile Operative Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: work opportunites
Cons: Pay rate
On a typical day on the job, every operative is required to arrive on time for their scheduled shift work and obtain all the necessary work related equipment. Memo book documentations, Reports and key audit forms must be organized and update to date. It is required to patrol buildings on the behalf the clients

I have learned to focus on the areas during a patrol that must be attended to; such as, fire panels, electrical rooms, mag lock, alarm panels etc.

Dealing with Management can be difficult due to the fact they are busy handling cooperate affairs but it is very important to remain patient and be vocal on an issue concerning to personal matters.

The hardest part of the job is the overwhelming responsibility tasked to every operative while performing their duties. In order to stay on top of the work-load it is necessary to be organized while working efficiently..

The enjoyable parts of the job is learning the scope of the security business and using all of that knowledge for future endeavors.
Productive and strong teamwork ethics
HR Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto Pearson Airport YYZMarch 6, 2016
Pros: Great teamwork, positive people, positive environment
Cons: Salary does not reflect general market and its very operational orientated
This place will help develop your skill sets efficiently and successfully. Will also you to experience all aspects of Human Resources.
Headquarters