Garda World

Garda World Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Poor Management
Manager (Former Employee), BCJuly 15, 2014
Cons: low pay, nepotistic local management structure
Senior and Middle Management is not qualified and lack depth, experience, and skills. Based on Mepotistic hiring of Managers
Great job, not long term.
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Current Employee), Edmonton International Airport.July 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: shift work
It has thus far been an amazing journey in this company. I sadly have decided to branch off into something I would more enjoy; sedimentary position.

The company has recently undergone new management revamping, and the direction that organization has taken isn't what I had initially liked about the job.
Interesting job
Pre Board Screening Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2014
Enjoy talking to passengers, very interesting to learn security procedures.
Nice team
Agente d'investigation préemploi (Current Employee), Montreal, QcOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great employees
Cons: heavy work load
Very difficult work conditions, low salary and weak corporate culture.
I would love to be back at Garda World
Pre-boarding screening officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: i left ... due to move to british columbia
Garda World was one of the best positions I have every had.
I loved the atmosphere, people, co-workers ... working with
the public ... being at the hustle, bustle of the airport ...
I am applying to get back with Garda World.
project work
Field Security Coordinator (Current Employee), ASSeptember 14, 2014
Cons: long houer
I work hard.
lerned brifing client.
interpeter.
enjoy the job.
driving.
Really think about it!!!!!
Driver Messenger (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2014
Cons: everybody from management to ceo
Do not stay, if you want to work there, really think about it. The hours are long, no family life, and they do lie to you. There is no morale which makes it difficult to give it 100%. The only way to move up is if you kiss a lot of butt.
Not a good place to work.
Cash Vault Services Teller (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Cons: people don't care about the work that they do. working late and have to pack out late orders.
There is a lot of dysfunction in the company. People do not take pride in what they do the Transportation or CVS department.
Armoured
X Crew Chief (Former Employee), Stratford,CTAugust 29, 2014
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: 2 many 2 list
This is the absolutely last place on the planet u want 2 work.
The depot managers pit all employees against each other, u r also under pd & over worked.
The trucks have NO heat in the winter & NO AC, not even working fans in the summer.
U have trucks where the xhaust fumes come in the truck, break down on a regular basics.
Trucks have been known 2 have – more... the entire wheel & hub come off the truck @ speeds of 60mph. This was witnessed twice & verifiable.
Truck rts make no sence @ all. U r out there until ur dun but r pulled in the office if u go over 40hrs. Employees refuse 2 stick 2gether & look out just 4 themselves there4 management always wins.
If my family was starving & living in the streets I would NOT take a job w/this co ever !!!!!!
Don't say u were NOT WARNED !!!!!! – less
not a life long career
coin loader/coin unloader (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Cons: lies
I work in the l.i.c branch and they treat us like slaves no a/c not even fans. They work us as if we were slaves.
They don't listen to us as individuals. They expect us to work practically for free the pay stinks and management is one sided literally. I recommend they get rid of the union cause they work with the company. .
worst company to work for ..keep looking
armed messenger (Former Employee), Garda broadview ilAugust 13, 2014
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: very long hours. over worked ..very low pay ..dangerous trucks.to much to list
Management pits their employees against each other ..they lie to you about everything. .they do not care about your safety ..or your family ..there is no training ..they will put a gun in anyone's hands very scary..they hire thugs and arm them ..very unprofessional ..if there is a problem they will lie to blame it on you ..there trucks are death traps – more... .no heat ..no a/c ..the trucks are rusty and falling apart ..just look at one on the road ...this whole company is a big joke ...do yourself a favor and keep looking ... – less
Large company with great potential.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), South Bend, INAugust 9, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: potentially dangerous work environment
Garda World is a large multinational company with a large market share of the physical security and cash logistics market. They have the potential to be the top company in this field. They offer job security and modest benefits.
terrible!! mangement! but being on the road is great
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJAugust 2, 2014
Pros: meet some good people
Cons: management is terrible!! don't like to pay what your worth
the Job is great!! Management is terrible!! the pay is not what you think it is. it's not a federal base job its privately owned. For a dangerous job its not worth risking your life for the rate of pay you receive.
Worst place in the world to work for
Check Imager (Former Employee), memphis tnJuly 16, 2014
Cons: too many to name
The company an whole is the worst. Management has no skills in training or helping others. The employees best interest in hand are not taken in consideration. Hr is a joke. They will not assist you nor will they come and see about the environment that you are working in if you have complaints. It is a poor excuse of a company.
Easy Job
cash vault teller (Former Employee), long island cityJuly 16, 2014
Pros: nice place, friendly people
Cons: work never ends, they expect you to be robot
easy job but they expect you to be fast. even when youre a newcommer they expect you to be veteran
Full time is actually part time for 2nd shift
Teller (Current Employee), Livonia, MIJune 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers provide helpful and friendly atmosphere
Cons: low pay, lack of hours and unequipped managers
Managers and supervisors are really out of touch with employees. They are also unaware of how some job duties are completed, and how somethings are done wrong. Supplies essential to the job are often not stocked.
Most companies consider full time 40 hours..not Garda..hope for 35 per week if you're on second shift!
Communication is poor, no staff meetings...most – more... info happens through the grapevine, never directly from management.
Expect mandatory scheduling on some holidays. – less
Fast pace to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee), United StatesJune 3, 2014
Garda is a very high productive orientated company. If you like challenges this would be the place to work.
we work with the same people as before, good and fun place
Cash Serivce (Current Employee), Renton, WAMay 27, 2014
Cons: they do not have a good health and other benefit.
we do the same thing, we have good management understand us, look for us as family.
no concideration for its employees
Director of maintenance (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 29, 2014
very poorly managed company. no concern for its employees and their safety. they will put you in a commercial truck with air brakes and not even teach you how they work. their last concern is their equipment, they put their employees and the public in jeopardy everyday their truck are on the road.
A very hostile environment
Jack of all trades (Former Employee), Myrtle beach scApril 13, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: lots of cons
A very hostile environment to work. Managers does not have any leadership or organization. You worked so hard & you give them loyalty, and not even a thank you would come out of their mouth. It will suck the life out of you . And if you have any problems and tell Hr & managers . They will talk bad about you & make it harder for you to enjoy your job. – more... And all problems are swept under the rag. Garda World does not care about you , they treat you hatefully , they do not pay, no incentives . Sexual harrassment , bullying they ignore , you will never get any help from anybody ESP. HR. You are basically on your own . Where I work which is Myrtle Beach the place is so unhealthy, mold all over . Flores have not been swept for years . Bathrooms are so bad. And by the way, when you are Part time you do not get any benefits, I mean nothing . But they expect you to work full time. No lunch, no breaks. People you work with are so hateful. So do not waste your time with this company . – less

About Garda World

GardaWorld Security Corporation is a Canadian private security firm, based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, with 45,000 employees – Read more