Garda World

Garda World Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HIgh paying job but very stressful work
Vault Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
The work environment is physically stressful but mentally challenging. The amount of security is very high and the workplace is very safe. The hardest part of the job is balancing the records at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers whom I built friendship .
A typical day at work
Security Officer/First Responder (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2015
Just like any other work place report early,be positive and always expect the unexpected as it goes with the nature of the job.
Fast paced problem solving
Dispatch/Scheduling (Former Employee), mississuaga, onAugust 4, 2015
Pros: busy and intense
Cons: Difficult location to travel to
The job entailed difficult hours. Some were graveyard shift. While challenging, the hours flew by quickly as the tasks stacked up. Scheduling with minimal notice from clients due to emergency response. Managing guards across 5 cities meant verifying attendance for thousands of guards. This meant we always had to be ready.
sucks
Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 2, 2015
management sucks, had great co-works. had alot of overtime only good thing about the company and their training is better then most security company.
Part time duties
Mall Security/Mobile Patrol Officer (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 28, 2015
Im schedule in duty on weekend basis and usually alot does not happen. However when it does, police get involved.
I enjoy working here but management needs improvement.
Great company to work for
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 25, 2015
Pros: Fly in transportation, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off
Cons: Mostly night shifts
Provides training for all guards in all areas of security. Great management and support teams, never get bored always something new to learn each day.
Productive, fun working with many types of people
Security Shift Team Leader (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 15, 2015
Pros: good pay depending on posting, good healthcare benefits
Cons: long shifts 12 hrs, some working posting not good work conditions
Typical day depending on post can be very busy, meet many people, learn confidence and efficiency be professional, good co-workers, the shifts are long.
Opportunities
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 7, 2015
With a large organization with various departments, there are many different areas of employment to explore. A lot of flexibility in schedules.
A professional business........A fun team
Armed Guard/Messenger (Former Employee), Ottawa East, ONJune 6, 2015
Pros: great pay, work at your own pace, colleagues who look out for you
Cons: over night shifts, inherent dangers of the trade, strict timelines
Even though you were part of a potentially dangerous business with inherent risk, my colleagues where exceptionally social. I would arrive for duty knowing I had earned the trust, friendship and camaraderie of my team. They would have my back at all times. Being an armed guard can be stressful considering an attack or robbery of our precious cargo could occur at any time. You relied on your specialized training, your professionalism and your teammates to get the job done safely. At the end of the day, not only do you provide a service to the customer that is very unique and important but it is a service that only a select few individuals can offer. The training standards, certifications and licensing required make you feel you are part of an elite business. That's what makes the job fun.
Fun Environment and diverse interactions
Security Guard (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 26, 2015
I spend my time in a mall environment interacting with all ranges of people. From customers to employees and administration everyday is a new day. All manner of situations come up to test our skills and give us a chance to make a difference in some one’s life. We are constantly learning and upgrading our skills to provide the best service possible. And I for one love the interaction with so many people.
Good Company To work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMay 25, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Hard to get Full TIme Hours
This is a good company to work for, not many issues and they try to work with your schedule. It is hard to find Full time hours.
great job to be in and interesting
Custodian/Guard/Vault Teller (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 24, 2015
busy day of non stop day always on the go. learned how to be vigilant and to work great with other especially under extreme circumstances. management is great to work with. co-workers are easy to get along and do work with. the danger of the nature of the job. you are alway on the go and around the city.
If you like drama then screening at the airport is the place for you
Team Leader/Supervisor/Screening Officer (Former Employee), London, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: 8 hour days, senority based worked
Cons: no weeks for people under 10 years of service
working for the company itself is ok, no room for advancement unless you want to move out west or somewhere ridiculous.
typical work day consists of gossiping about your fellow co workers and/or being watched and being reported on by your "fellow brothers and sisters"

depending on what shift you work, the day could be good or bad. typically the early morning shift is where its at and usually people get a lot just fine.
Love the job
SRA- Lead hand (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: Versatility of the job
Cons: Long hours
Each and every day is different I have new challenge. I learn everyday something new and enjoy what I do.
Management appreciate my help in the task and have a great respect for my work very little they have to direct me. I most of the time initiate the task and perform to the best of my knowledge.
The hardest part of my job is that very often I complete my task too fast and I have to find new one to keep myself busy.
I enjoy my job overall.
Very dedicated employees
Payroll & Billing Administrator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: none
Gardaworld is a great place to start your career. It is a company that has strong values and believes in career growth. They work with you to advance your career.
fun place to work with great team spirit
In Plant Deposit and Cash Processor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 12, 2015
• Handling Cash
• Depositing to various companies accounts
• Processing through accounts
• Working in highly monitored environment
A Great Environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2015
At my current job, there is no such thing as a typical day due to the situations that we have to deal with. It could be any where from simple access control to removing people off property.

I have learned mostly everything about security and customer service through GardaWorld. With an amazing team and management, it is almost impossible not to enjoy working for GardaWorld.

The hardest part of the job would be situations such as a death in the building or fire alarm. But however, I do not find any of these hard as I have learned how to deal with situations such as listed calmly and in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the GardaWorld team treats you like family and is always there to support.
Great
Security Guard (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2015
It's a great place to work especially if you are in need to make money and work hard and reconstruct your life this would be the best place to start from.
At Simco Lake for Fishing " Summer & Witer " Time .
Concierge & Gatehouse Guard (Former Employee), All Around " GTA "April 30, 2015
Pros: I Would Enjoy it so Much !
Cons: Love it, More job More Money, More Honey ! ! !
Some Body Hit the Gate Arm, Very Heavy, Because of Heart Attack

All of a Sudden .To be on Time for any Shifts, At least 15 Minutes

Before Starting Your Shift . Have a Good Greeting With The People/

Residents, Specially, Elderly People . Having a Good Cooperation,

With Your Partner Because of the Best Resolution . To Take the "

Fire Alarm " Very Serious and to Know how You Should Deal

With, Step By Step, Based on the Post Orders . The Writer is Happy

When, His Property Manager & his Supervisor are Satisfied With his

job & all his Responsibilities !
work is good
security guard (Current Employee), calgaryApril 27, 2015
Pros: over times
Cons: long hours
Its a nice place to work with friendly people and co-workers. Sites are good in downtown. Garda give free extra trainings to the guards which help the guard's in different sites.