Garda World

Garda World Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
Cons: they don't care
I have been in and out of security for over 12 years and this is got to be one of the worst companies I have worked for. First they tell you they have you a job next minute oh sorry we have to cancel that site for you.
Good Company
Loss Prevention Guard (Current Employee), GTANovember 12, 2014
Good team environmented company which I love. Managers are always helpful and there for their employees.
Conflict resolution
Security Officer/ Field Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 9, 2014
At my present job site, during the truck strike I was able to diffuse a very hostile situation without any incidents. Most of the truck drivers were very angry because they had to wait long time to enter the terminals and they were thinking to break the gates and blocked the roads so no traffic can enter or leave port. I was able to convince them to – more... open the one lane of the road and not to break any gates. – less
OK
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 3, 2014
Outside for long periods of time. Standing for hours at a time. Very Cold, No shelters for workers.
Garda World Service Inc.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, excellent administration and scheduling services
Cons: salary and wages could be higher
GARDA groomed me well for a position after being away from this industry for awhile. They have trained me well and treated me with respect. They are fun to work with.
Info about my Bachelor Degree and security course
Security Guard (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 3, 2014
My study in the accounting and business field where I acquired a Bachelor degree in accounting and science accounting, I have gathered a vast amount of knowledge and experience, which has equipped me to perform effectively in any accounting or business area.

As well as My customer service experience for more than 9 years and managing skills allows – more... me to perform in an professional way. – less
good to work, friendly people
technical analyst (Current Employee), north york, ONSeptember 29, 2014
good to work here and people are nice. moving ahead in the ranks is quite slow and overall an average workplace.
very good group of people
Screening Point Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
Great Place to work. very fast paced environment
dealing with public was the most interesting part of my job
Very Poor Management
Manager (Former Employee), BCJuly 15, 2014
Cons: low pay, nepotistic local management structure
Senior and Middle Management is not qualified and lack depth, experience, and skills. Based on Mepotistic hiring of Managers
Great job, not long term.
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Current Employee), Edmonton International Airport.July 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: shift work
It has thus far been an amazing journey in this company. I sadly have decided to branch off into something I would more enjoy; sedimentary position.

The company has recently undergone new management revamping, and the direction that organization has taken isn't what I had initially liked about the job.
Interesting job
Pre Board Screening Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2014
Enjoy talking to passengers, very interesting to learn security procedures.
Nice team
Agente d'investigation préemploi (Current Employee), Montreal, QcOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great employees
Cons: heavy work load
Very difficult work conditions, low salary and weak corporate culture.
I would love to be back at Garda World
Pre-boarding screening officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: i left ... due to move to british columbia
Garda World was one of the best positions I have every had.
I loved the atmosphere, people, co-workers ... working with
the public ... being at the hustle, bustle of the airport ...
I am applying to get back with Garda World.
HORRIBLE
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee), Durham, NCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: haha
Cons: everything
I'm not even sure where to begin with this place. The manager is a complete moron that does not care one bit for the employees. He is terrible at his job and disrespects everyone. He lies to upper management about his employees to make them sound like they aren't doing their jobs when in reality they bust their butts more than he does. During my 3 years – more... at this company I have been treated like garbage, falsely accused of things I never did, over worked and under appreciated. They find ways to screw you out of money. Tell Veterans that they aren't real vets. And they refuse to listen to employee problems. If you have the chance to make a complaint, management will lie about resolving the issue and tthen immediately forget about your concerns.

The past year I worked 70 hours a week and compared to my. Coworkers, that was a short week. Forget about any kind of home life. If you have kids you'll go to work before they get up and come home after they go to sleep. They'll approve your time off request and pull it a few days before you were spoose to have off. You'll be attempting to operate off of little sleep on a daily basis.

The trucks should not be on the road at all. You are 10 times more likely to die or get injured in those things than get shot. Poorly maintained, rarely have heat or ac and police will hold HOU responsible for any issues. We've had wheels fall off trucks while they were going down the highway. Twice. IN ONE WEEK! That's. It even the worst of it. Beware of these trucks when you are driving your cars.

Do yourself a huge favor and find a different job. This place is a waste of your time. Life was much better when I was in the military. – less
your better off at brinks
armed truck driver (Former Employee), durham,ncDecember 5, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: management
The branches in the southeast are all a joke and higher could care less. They make their money in big markets, it doesn't matter that these branches lose money because the others make so much more. This means unworking trucks with no rush to fix them, no help for issues, and lack of carrying who is running a branch that is already losing money so they – more... just want yes men running things that won't question what higher ups want done.

THE DURHAM BRANCH BY FAR IS THE WORST OF ALL THESE!!!! In under a year over 20+ workers left with no real help coming in. No manager could get hired(went through 3 in less the 6 Months.) could only hire people who were working already there as management because no one wants to take on this disraster.

Everyone who has been there over a year wants out, most are leaving, think im lieing, go check it out, its about 80% new guys that just got there and dont have an idea how to do the job right now. Just today two guys quit. The new guys will figure it out and prob leave(at least half will).

Avoid durham at all costs, go join the military or somthing, by the way a few guys did that after working there for awhile, they are way happier now. There is bbrinks if u want an armored truck company, heard they treat there workers way better, a few of the durham garda workers are over there and are way happier. – less
Good starter Job
Weekend Vault Supervisor (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 2, 2014
I have learned a lot from the job. the people are Great. Management well that's a horse of a different color. The hardest part of the Job is the ugly trucks.
Horrible management!
Armored Messenger (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, InNovember 30, 2014
Pros: get to meet lots of great people on route.
Cons: management, pay, security.
Co-workers and most branch employees were awesome to work with. Management of the Fort Wayne office is a complete joke. Pay rate maxes out after 3 years, sad when max rate matches that of Brink's starting pay. Horrible maintenance on vehicles that are supposed to be armored. No or poorly working a/c in a vehicle with little to no ventilation. Due to – more... "corporate downsizing" went from a crew of 15 or so down to 8 in just a year. Making 7 8-hour routes into 4 12+ hour routes. Refusing to pay overtime claiming "DOT regulations" yet refusing to acknowledge the DOT drive time limits. – less
good place to further my experience in the the law enforcment career
Driver/Money Transporter (Current Employee), Laredo TxNovember 12, 2014
Pros: law enfocement experience commissioned liscence
traveling throughout Laredo and South Texas picking up money deposits from various companies
the responsibility of having other people entrust you with their money and your partners to entrust you with their safety
fairly righteous management decent route schedules to fit our needs
good trusting co workers and friends who watch out for you
coin distribution – more... depending on the amount
although was only confront with a single indecent managed to maintain cool level head and defuse the situation and was always aware of my surroundings
the partnership with not only my co. workers but our employers around Laredo always felt a leveled sense of respect from both parties for just doing my duty good sense of unity – less
Warehouse Setting.
Teller (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: full time position.
Cons: unorganized, communication
GardaWorld has been a security company for a long time recently they divested in Bank of America Cash Vault Services. They are new to this and how big the industry actually is. Same management, just everyone is still in the learning process so things are a little crazy, but with everyday that passes it gets better.
Poor and Dangerous place to work
Armed Guard (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXNovember 3, 2014
As an armed guard one would expect to be compensated adequately with equipment and/or procedure. Neither are true with Garda. their "armored vehicles" are little more than vans with sheets of plexiglass in the windows and well over 300,000 miles a piece. the vehicles are not street safe missing such things as headlights, belts, and proper windshields, – more... let alone able to stop rounds should you come under attack. you are not issued body armor until at least 6 weeks in and you are expected to purchase your own firearm without compensation. management is a joke and there are multiple security breaches that the corporation refuses to acknowledge. in addition the pay is poor starting out at $12 per hour and maxing out at $16 at the managerial level. as an armed guard transporting large amounts of currency one should be paid minimum of $16 per hour starting. the company is very slow or non-existent in dealing with its very real issues that effect the safety of its guards being more concerned about keeping their profits than guard safety and security. I would highly discourage anyone from applying to this company. – less

1 2 3

About Garda World

GardaWorld Security Corporation is a Canadian private security firm, based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, with 45,000 employees – Read more