Garda World

Garda World Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
New World
TRAINING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Nice place
Cons: None
Excellent company.
Positive environment.
Learned lot of things.
Excellent management team.
Golden experience.
Good place for work.
Professional and Down to Earth
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free Uniforms
Cons: Sometimes Long hours
Professional and Down to earth people to work for, I highly reccommend Gardaworld as a potential employer and a company to suit all your security needs.
Nepotism runs rampant
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 1, 2015
Just remember you are going in for a paycheck...

Only upside is working onsite, you get to meet a lot of interesting people..

Supervisors and Management? Be prepared to be screamed at publicly if you do something they are not happy with...so leave your dignity at home.
New management is horrible
guard (Current Employee), red deer, abFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: i'm employed
Cons: manager. all nights.
Used to be an alright job, manager was great, typical big company beyond our local group.

New manager isnt good that talks to us like we're kids.

Can't wait to be gone from this place .

Run far far away.
Posted Review already for Gardaworld
Operational Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2015
GardaWorld security is a good place to work, job advancement opportunities, many avenues for career development, ongoing learning and on the job training. Great atmosphere and management team.
Good and the Bad
Screening Officer (Current Employee), Regina SkJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: afternoons off
Cons: in bed by 6:00pm
Starts by waking up to be at work at 3:30am. I sign in and we start processing people through security. Everyday is different, sometimes the passengers are easy to work with and there is some days where it feels like everyone is against you. Most days its good. I analyze bags on the x-ray machine and test bags for explosives. I also do full body searches and use a full body scanner. If there is something that we need to check in a bag i check it and make the decision whether is can go or not according to Transport Canada's rules.

I learned a lot of great skills and my people skills increased. It was cool to see the behind the scenes stuff of airport security.

Managements is one of the reasons why i am looking for a new job. They were very hard to work with. No one was on the same page about anything. There would be some days where one manager would tell you to do a task a certain way and then the next day the other manager would get mad at the way you were doing it. They always try to embarrass people in front of passenger by yelling across the floor when you were doing something wrong, rather than coming up to you and letting you know normally. The other thing about management that made it hard conditions to work under was they showed extreme favoritism and unfairness to those who they didnt favor. overall my best way to describe the management at GardaWorld would be that they are bully's who let the "authority of managing" get to their heads.

Like any job co-workers can make a huge difference in going to work. There are some that are good people to work with and some maybe – more... not so much. I found that the majority of people at GardaWorld are good people to work with.

The hardest part of the job would definitely be the hours. 3:30am-11:30am with no weekends off ever. It is hard to spend time with family and friends when every weekend you have to be in bed by 6:00pm to get a good night sleep.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people i work with. We work together as a team and make it a better day. – less
No Leadership
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), WinnipegDecember 27, 2014
Pros: hard working co-workers
Cons: 60 hours work weeks and no compansation for that time (no overtime or banked time)
Each branch is run independently by the branch General Manager. There are corporate policies and procedures that are required (ISO, OHS), which in this branch was not a priority.

There was no job description for any of the employees when I started. Job titles or positions were given out and not approved by corporate.

Workloads were unreasonable and when addressed to management, there would not add additional administrative staff.

Employees have not received a rise in salary in over five years, and there is no overtime compensation.
Bad Place, stay away
Guard (Former Employee), GTADecember 6, 2014
Cons: to many to list
This company is by far the worst I've ever worked for both in and out of the security industry. Management is junk, always got a pay shortage and takes weeks if not months to get it sorted out. Managers are bullies and have the do as I say approach. Ask for a raise and told you make to much. I couldn't wait to get out and happier since I left. Rather work at McDonalds than Garda
Poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
Cons: they don't care
I have been in and out of security for over 12 years and this is got to be one of the worst companies I have worked for. First they tell you they have you a job next minute oh sorry we have to cancel that site for you.
Good Company
Loss Prevention Guard (Current Employee), GTANovember 12, 2014
Good team environmented company which I love. Managers are always helpful and there for their employees.
Conflict resolution
Security Officer/ Field Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 9, 2014
At my present job site, during the truck strike I was able to diffuse a very hostile situation without any incidents. Most of the truck drivers were very angry because they had to wait long time to enter the terminals and they were thinking to break the gates and blocked the roads so no traffic can enter or leave port. I was able to convince them to open the one lane of the road and not to break any gates.
OK
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 3, 2014
Outside for long periods of time. Standing for hours at a time. Very Cold, No shelters for workers.
Garda World Service Inc.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, excellent administration and scheduling services
Cons: salary and wages could be higher
GARDA groomed me well for a position after being away from this industry for awhile. They have trained me well and treated me with respect. They are fun to work with.
Info about my Bachelor Degree and security course
Security Guard (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 3, 2014
My study in the accounting and business field where I acquired a Bachelor degree in accounting and science accounting, I have gathered a vast amount of knowledge and experience, which has equipped me to perform effectively in any accounting or business area.

As well as My customer service experience for more than 9 years and managing skills allows me to perform in an professional way.
good to work, friendly people
technical analyst (Current Employee), north york, ONSeptember 29, 2014
good to work here and people are nice. moving ahead in the ranks is quite slow and overall an average workplace.
very good group of people
Screening Point Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
Great Place to work. very fast paced environment
dealing with public was the most interesting part of my job
Very Poor Management
Manager (Former Employee), BCJuly 15, 2014
Cons: low pay, nepotistic local management structure
Senior and Middle Management is not qualified and lack depth, experience, and skills. Based on Mepotistic hiring of Managers
Great job, not long term.
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Current Employee), Edmonton International Airport.July 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: shift work
It has thus far been an amazing journey in this company. I sadly have decided to branch off into something I would more enjoy; sedimentary position.

The company has recently undergone new management revamping, and the direction that organization has taken isn't what I had initially liked about the job.
Interesting job
Pre Board Screening Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2014
Enjoy talking to passengers, very interesting to learn security procedures.
Nice team
Agente d'investigation préemploi (Current Employee), Montreal, QcOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great employees
Cons: heavy work load
Very difficult work conditions, low salary and weak corporate culture.

About Garda World

GardaWorld Security Corporation is a Canadian private security firm, based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, with 45,000 employees – Read more