Garda World

Garda World Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A company of crows
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: A temporary job to do when you have no other choice
Cons: Favoritism for good contracts and discrimination for management posts
Garda in lines :
- In Garda , you're just a number...no more.
- Their clients are always right so they never defend you.
- Account directors give good contracts to their favorite officers and keep the hardest ones to others
- If you're African, forget about high management posts (unless you are a boots l****r)
My advice : Unless you have no other choice and you are starving, avoid it !!!
Fun family oriented place to work
Assistant Security Supervisor, Dixie Outlet Mall (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: everything about the company
Cons: only summer possition
I worked at ServiceMaster of Canada as a summer position.

I absolutely loved it there, everyone is friendly, caring and management is the best! always looking out for you and your best interests.
Challanging & Stressfull
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
- always on the go.
- not much room for advancement
- management was not adapt to change
- working with unionized members
Logistic analyst
Logistic analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 28, 2016
Assign shift under the collective agreement in place
Manage Road network for different Canadian Cities
Classify Various document in the archives files
Excellent Management and staff
Office Manager/Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 24, 2016
Garda World was a very personal company with concerns for all employees, both office staff and field workers. Great coworkers and a fun place to work.
security guard
security guard (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
no jobs, have been working with them for 3 yrs now and have not a permanent site, every time you call the scheduling, they have no shift or give you a 1-4 day shift. no money. Why can't they give us permanent sites first and give those who got hired after you a site??? Bad management at our Calgary office.
terrible
Guard (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABDecember 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: bad motion sickness
learned that they are a bunch starfish lickers who backstab at any chance they get and fire you for any reason they can get have to watch your back cannot express if you don't like how anyone talks to you or else you get fired for that
Great place to get started with security
Physical Security (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 9, 2015
So far, I've learned a lot with this company. The online course program with GardaWorld's Career Development Centre is a good tool to keep occupied during free time, and very informative. I enjoy the working environment at my current site. It's great to be part of a team where everyone looks out for each other. I've also learned to navigate trough CCTV and scheduling computer programs. I'm very thankful for the experience gained as a casual guard first, at various types of sites. I've greatly enjoyed working many of them, and am thankful for my experience obtained at each post.
Productive Enviorment
Corporate Security Guard (Former Employee), GTA, ONDecember 8, 2015
It was a nice experience as they have standard protocols and guidelines that actually do prevent escalated situations.
Busiest location, experienced with loss prevention tactics
security officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2015
As as security and working with Loss prevention individuals, prevented losses through proper temperature of the load, securing the loads through load bars, prevention of theft by fixing seals, PPE checks of individuals for safety.
nice benefits
agent de securite (Former Employee), on call there for i was everywhereDecember 3, 2015
Pros: i got to work in many different places.
Cons: no respect
the company did not seem to care about my availabilities. they speak down on young people as if to say seniority makes you smarter. the work was never a problem, the adaministration and communication from agent to supervisor was very poor.
Excellent Job; However
Pre-Board Security Screening Officer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciate Days in the summer months
Cons: Random changes to your work hours and schedule, doesn't really function well with planning your personal life, example; trying to go back to school
This job is phenomenal! However the politics and drama that other co-workers can bring to the work environment can be a bit stressful at times. Also the constant manipulation of your work hours and schedule can be very frustrating especially when trying to plan for your personal life outside of the workplace!

I do enjoy meeting new people and working with a variety of ages and cultures. Everyday is a learning experience and an opportunity for growth! The work environment is fun and fast paced.

Although, it can be stressful when you have someone standing right over your shoulder watching everything that you do. Looking for your first mistake so they can write you up and send you for re-training. That can be annoying but it is for the safety of the traveling public, so it is understood. I do feel however, that correctional advisement on the spot should be given instead of a write up and re-training, depending on the situation.

In my 2 years on the job, this has been the most fun roller coaster, if you want to go for the ride of life, this is the job for you.
Great employees an fun job
Former Night Trainor/Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 21, 2015
Pros: pay, co-workers, we are incharge once we leave the office
Cons: contract work
A typical day is started by loading out truck then leaving the office with my partner. Every stop and night are different based on what we pick up and delivery to our stop. Plus it based on the location and the public when we arrive.
I have learned how to be more Patient with people. We get some people who like to make comments to us or ask for money to see our reaction. We also like to ask how much we carry in the truck plus if we have more Employees hiding out in the back of the truck.
I think our Management could do a better job with their communication with us. Sometime we don't find things from our management till after the fact. Hardest part of the job was getting us to working nights when I first started. The most enjoyable part of the job are my fellow co-workers and meeting some nice people working in the banks.
one of the biggest companies in the security industry
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
interaction with clients and customers all the time. one of the biggest security companies in Canada but but a low in income one. Gained a lot of security experience from GardaWorld
Great pay, bad management
Screening Officer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Wage, benefits, easy to get days off for personal reasons
Cons: Management, layoffs/reduced hours, dictated breaks
I enjoyed the first few years working as a screening officer at Winnipeg International Airport. Throughout the years issues started to arise, got hired as a full time employee but didn't get full time for 2 years. On top of that there seemed to be layoffs and reduced hours every year, the first year I was "ok" and understanding of that but by year 3 and moving up in seniority getting reduced to 16 hours a week was not acceptable and was a total waste of time to have to work 4 hour shifts. Made a lot of friends and most coworkers were a pleasure to work with. There was some ways to get promoted within although it normally went right to there head when they got it. My biggest gripe was the fact that breaks were dictated at times convenient to them. For example if you work an 8 hour day your first break would come after your first hour of work. Second break comes at the 3rd hour mark and your last break would happen at the 5th hour mark. I would probably have rated them higher if I felt like the company cared about there employees. To this day I'm sure the operations manager never knew my name.
Negative work environment
CIT (Current Employee), LondonSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Management
If just applying there would be no chance at full-time due to no jobs being created only jobs cut. Management has superior mentality and therefore they run the operation as demeaning and volatile as possible. Casual hours are scarce and if you complain your hours are limited even more. Easy job however prepare to face criticism and intimidation on a daily basis from supervisors. This branch is mainly run by past G4S employees so also review their past armoured division before applying, would not recommend this job if looking for police or emergency services future as they have no connection or relation.
stressfully good
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2015
Awesome Management,quality performance,integrity of all staff and higher then average IQ, high ethical standards .There are rules and they are followed however Garda understands that sometimes exceptions have to be made considering complexity of the situations.
Not a positive work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 31, 2015
During the time that I worked with Garda, on a temporary/part-time basis, there was lack of communication between upper management and the staff itself. I will admit that working for a unionized company was cause for concern with me. What if they were to go on strike? I am not sure that they will be able to support me financially during this time. During my stay there, I have spoken with many guards and their view of this company seems a little negative as well. Working night shifts, it is difficult to get news on what is going on within the office during the day. It took many emails and telephone calls to be able to achieve the simplest of tasks, such as pay correction, uniform adjustments and other administrative needs. Luckily, this was not my full time career. I simply worked there for extra money. I cannot speak for those that work there on a permanent basis. This is simply my point of view and does not necessarily reflect how Garda is today.
No room for further growth
Junior Account Manager & Recruiter (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2015
Cons: Long Hours, No Room For Growth, Poorly Managed
The company is fine to work for, however there is absolutely no room for upward growth. Overall the management is very poor.
HIgh paying job but very stressful work
Vault Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
The work environment is physically stressful but mentally challenging. The amount of security is very high and the workplace is very safe. The hardest part of the job is balancing the records at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers whom I built friendship .
Headquarters