Garda Security

Garda Security Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience
Site Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 25, 2014
felt proud as a security officer
Got good knowledge of laws
Got security license
I enjoy working in this company.Everybody is friendly. We help each other. Salary is fair.
Security Guard (Former Employee), The Bow CalgaryJune 12, 2014
Pros: not a stable job
Cons: long hours
I typical do patrol assigned area on foot ; checking for fire and suspicious or hazards ; monitor entry and exit of contractors. We, security officers in the build communicate each other to void the problem happened every single day .The most enjoyable part of the job is through cooperate , we finish our jobs .
Great place to start your career.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2014
Fun office environment and friendly staff.

Lots of nepotism.

Long hours and overtime.

Lots of travel required.
Meet interesting people daily.
Concierge for Condominiums and Site protection (Former Employee), toronto onJune 3, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of people, never idle
Cons: very long hours, ex. nightshift
Communication is key to working for garda.
Being able to solve problems with as little conflict as possible.
A typical day would include doing patrols, assisting others, and keeping myself busy with reports.
job Review
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 27, 2014
the work was ok it was not too hard it was informative and enjoyable
Great training and useful skills to use in the field.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2014
Pros: making arrests, and getting recognition of hard work.
Cons: sometimes there would be dangerous situations, and would not be easy to provide surveillance without being detected
my main duty was to provide loss prevention of product and merchandise. Learned to provide surveillance without being detected. learned Powers of Arrest ,and how to make an arrest with following appropriate procedures. Store Managers were extremly content with all my arrests ,and deterring loss of product and merchandise. The hardest part was making – more... an arrest , because had to be a 110 percent sure theft had occurred ,and all the proper arrest procedures were followed .The most enjoyable part of my job was stopping a theft from occurring ,and making an arrest to ensure any store losses. – less
profations job
Shift Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 23, 2014
Pros: night shift
Cons: night shift
now i want to use my skill
i enjoy by book keeping
normally book keeping is office hours i am looking for thaty kind of job
Greet the employees and make sure they sign-in
Security Officer (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 28, 2014
Greet the employees and make sure they sign-in
Check the alarm panel
Make the place secure by doing rounds
Garda - below one star rating
security guard (Former Employee), kingstonJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: none at all
Cons: soup kitchen wages / waste of time and money to get lciensed
The worst experience ever. Claw black of 80% gas mileage, keeping hours too low and infrequent in order to avoid the guards/staff to attain rightful benefits,

Huge failure to communicate and plays favourite games
Also , clients call us 'Soup Kitchen" employees !
No job security for the next 100 years
Also denies training -no advancement to go too

I – more... rate this company as at not even a one star employer – less
working as housekeeper was somthing new and i enjoyed
Security Guard (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: when first stated hrs were great
Cons: when sombody else took over hrs went down
first set of managers were great help out alot gave us christmas parties and bonues lots of fun
Good job, good pay but many fixes needed.
Security Field Manager Mobile Division. (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 23, 2013
Pros: 3 day weekend every 2 weeks.
Cons: management and staff issues.
The shifts are pretty straight forward as there is a run sheet to follow with the same locations every shift.
Everything in the responsibilities section of my resume happened practically every night. These were 12 hour shifts.

Unfortunately, the management is somewhat sub standard as sometimes the simplest day to day tasks were overlooked or forgotten. – more... There were also staff issues that were left to progress making things slightly uncomfortable.

Personality wise, my co-workers were all decent people, though there was definitely different views about what and how things should be done.

The hardest part of the job was trying to do everything in a timely manner as there were time specific duties as well as alarms to attend, many times overlapping.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was always something different through the night which kept things from getting monotonous.

As well as the fact that I love to drive and haven't had an accident in a very long time, except for recently when I caught the garage door because the wind had blown it shut as I was backing out, which doesn't really count. – less
very produtive work place
Security guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 18, 2013
Pros: long breaks
securing property,
patrolling
worked as team
very easy
Fun Place to work
Security Officer/Condo Reception (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: more exprience
Cons: long hours
Ability to talk to different people every day.
I learn how to mult-itask in such a way that productive at the end of the day.
Management sucks and no communication
Security Guard (Former Employee), Red Deer, AlbertaSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: long hours, bad management, no communication
Works security guard so much that you have no personal life. Like to work security guard as much as 8 days in a row (note 12 hour shifts) with only 2 days off. You sleep the entire first day off. Like to make you work every weekend so you cannot do anything on a weekend. All communication is by email and had to set up an appointment to see the Operations – more... Manager. Operations Manager works day shift and gets weekends off (note that she only works security guard shift if a site has no security guard coverage). Management changes schedule 3 times a week so you never know what your days off are going to be. Missed a supposed mandatory staff meeting (in which never got the email about the meeting) and was told about it 3 days after I missed it. Patrol car employee not supportive of onsite security guard (saw a patrol car employee once in 3 months). No team work as did not know any coworkers. Relieved of my duties within my probation period. Was supposedly contacted to discuss some concerns and I was clearly not contacted. They are a bunch of liars. Give you a not so good jacket for the winter that does not have a hood and will not keep you warm in -40 weather. – less
It has a few good points but the management is not the best
Security Officer/receptionist (Former Employee), 36 scardale Rd, North York, ON M3B 2R7August 16, 2013
It has a few good points but the management is not very up to date or helpful as they should be and can be looking at the size of their business.
Fun and productive workplace with lots of experience in lots of fields
Security Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2013
Pros: lots of work in your preferred work area
Cons: long hours
All shifts at different locations begin with quick orientation and information gathering. Multiple shifts at multiple sites lead to extensive experience and professional relationships.
productive company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Regina, SKAugust 14, 2013
great group of people to work with at the site i was assigned to friendly management treated me with respect and always approachable
A very comfortable place
Customer Service/Reception (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2013
Pros: letters of comandation, christmas parties, training at no cost
Cons: no cons
During my time with Gaurda I was given the opporunity to learn by being apart of various training course which were offered by the company. I felt that the company listened to my needs as an employee and always tried to encourage me to take on new and exciting responsibilities.
A very comfortable place
Customer Service/Reception (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2013
Pros: letters of comandation, christmas parties, training at no cost
Cons: no cons
interesting work place
Security guard (Former Employee), ottawa ONJuly 7, 2013
garda is a very good company with lots of benefits .the only issue is that you dont get alot of hours over there

1 2 3