Garda Security

Garda Security Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Over all garda meets all my expectation and certain management associates go above and beyond to accommodate all my need
Guard (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 21, 2015
a typical day is fairly mild not many incidents. I follow all my duties and procedures as required by the mall. winter gets busy with people slip and falls. I have heard may ways to handle fire procedures. I have also learned how to attend emergency calls. Management is very helpful and kind at my placement. I enjoy my supervisor there are to other guards other an me, and I only really find my self, supervisor and one other guard professional. The hardest part of the job is when a a child or teen has a seizure and trying to handle the situation alone. The management at the facility I guard are very kind enjoyable people, I fell good when I take the time to help people with disabilities.
Productive and good work enviroment
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: on going training, overtime, job placement
Cons: salary, health benefits.
Ongoing training provided, they are able to tailor to your strengths and take the time to place you where you are best suited. The pay for front line security work could be better, however, they do pay in good comparison do the job duties and responsibilities.

Management is fun and light hearted, fair and conscientious to the needs of the team rather than the needs employee. However, work well one on one with the employee for additional training if needed.

Most enjoyable part of the job is again the people I worked with and the amount of interaction I got dealing with the public. I gained a lot of knowledge about how to interact and deal with conflict and high risk situation. Garda Security offered the opportunity to apply my academic learning on a more applicable level.
Good if you don't like doing much
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 11, 2015
Decent wage
Bored very easily
Co-workers from all around the world
Supervisor was helpful
Hardest part of the job was staying up on night shifts.
Best part was the 7 days off
team environment
Background screening officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
fun workplace, friendly people/staff, understanding management, room for growth
Always fun working here
Security Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 10, 2014
Good understanding of employees needs and good aptitudes of conflict relosution.
Law Courts Building
Licence security guard (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 2, 2014
Learn how to be nice with the general public. Get along with co-workers and law enforcement (sheriff, police at Edmonton Courts). The hardest part of the job is trying not to do any mistakes. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing different people.
survival job
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONJuly 16, 2014
no other option as new immigrant,but still found it good.excellent working condition
Great experience
Site Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 25, 2014
felt proud as a security officer
Got good knowledge of laws
Got security license
I enjoy working in this company.Everybody is friendly. We help each other. Salary is fair.
Security Guard (Former Employee), The Bow CalgaryJune 12, 2014
Pros: not a stable job
Cons: long hours
I typical do patrol assigned area on foot ; checking for fire and suspicious or hazards ; monitor entry and exit of contractors. We, security officers in the build communicate each other to void the problem happened every single day .The most enjoyable part of the job is through cooperate , we finish our jobs .
Great place to start your career.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2014
Fun office environment and friendly staff.

Lots of nepotism.

Long hours and overtime.

Lots of travel required.
Meet interesting people daily.
Concierge for Condominiums and Site protection (Former Employee), toronto onJune 3, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of people, never idle
Cons: very long hours, ex. nightshift
Communication is key to working for garda.
Being able to solve problems with as little conflict as possible.
A typical day would include doing patrols, assisting others, and keeping myself busy with reports.
job Review
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 27, 2014
the work was ok it was not too hard it was informative and enjoyable
Great training and useful skills to use in the field.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2014
Pros: making arrests, and getting recognition of hard work.
Cons: sometimes there would be dangerous situations, and would not be easy to provide surveillance without being detected
my main duty was to provide loss prevention of product and merchandise. Learned to provide surveillance without being detected. learned Powers of Arrest ,and how to make an arrest with following appropriate procedures. Store Managers were extremly content with all my arrests ,and deterring loss of product and merchandise. The hardest part was making an arrest , because had to be a 110 percent sure theft had occurred ,and all the proper arrest procedures were followed .The most enjoyable part of my job was stopping a theft from occurring ,and making an arrest to ensure any store losses.
profations job
Shift Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 23, 2014
Pros: night shift
Cons: night shift
now i want to use my skill
i enjoy by book keeping
normally book keeping is office hours i am looking for thaty kind of job
Greet the employees and make sure they sign-in
Security Officer (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 28, 2014
Greet the employees and make sure they sign-in
Check the alarm panel
Make the place secure by doing rounds
Garda - below one star rating
security guard (Former Employee), kingstonJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: none at all
Cons: soup kitchen wages / waste of time and money to get lciensed
The worst experience ever. Claw black of 80% gas mileage, keeping hours too low and infrequent in order to avoid the guards/staff to attain rightful benefits,

Huge failure to communicate and plays favourite games
Also , clients call us 'Soup Kitchen" employees !
No job security for the next 100 years
Also denies training -no advancement to go too

I rate this company as at not even a one star employer
working as housekeeper was somthing new and i enjoyed
Security Guard (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: when first stated hrs were great
Cons: when sombody else took over hrs went down
first set of managers were great help out alot gave us christmas parties and bonues lots of fun
Good job, good pay but many fixes needed.
Security Field Manager Mobile Division. (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 23, 2013
Pros: 3 day weekend every 2 weeks.
Cons: management and staff issues.
The shifts are pretty straight forward as there is a run sheet to follow with the same locations every shift.
Everything in the responsibilities section of my resume happened practically every night. These were 12 hour shifts.

Unfortunately, the management is somewhat sub standard as sometimes the simplest day to day tasks were overlooked or forgotten. There were also staff issues that were left to progress making things slightly uncomfortable.

Personality wise, my co-workers were all decent people, though there was definitely different views about what and how things should be done.

The hardest part of the job was trying to do everything in a timely manner as there were time specific duties as well as alarms to attend, many times overlapping.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was always something different through the night which kept things from getting monotonous.

As well as the fact that I love to drive and haven't had an accident in a very long time, except for recently when I caught the garage door because the wind had blown it shut as I was backing out, which doesn't really count.
very produtive work place
Security guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 18, 2013
Pros: long breaks
securing property,
patrolling
worked as team
very easy
Fun Place to work
Security Officer/Condo Reception (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: more exprience
Cons: long hours
Ability to talk to different people every day.
I learn how to mult-itask in such a way that productive at the end of the day.

1 2 3