Garda Security Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great
pre employment screener (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The staff was great! no words can explain the welcomed atmosphere that staff had given me when i was student and on call staff.
Loss Prevention
Loss Prevention Coordinter (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: honest, good worker, competitive
Cons: I will do something, and another worker will say can you help with this.
The co-workers are fun
data entry
I did client summaries
I did the scheduling for the workers
honest
good worker
Email invoices to clients
Good Pay, Good Experience
Administrative Clerk/Medic Driver/Mobile Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 18, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, Great experience builder.
Cons: Advancement within the company can be tough.
The hours are long and the work is demanding but you learn valuable work skills on the job and get paid a great salary that increases every year.
fun place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 13, 2015
working as a security guard was extremely interesting and challenging. protecting people and ensuring their security was a great adventure. management was very supporting.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2015
It was a good experience. Learned a lot of things while working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was driving to various and different new places.
I am happy to work with Garda
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 28, 2015
It's a good place to work.The management try to accommodate the kind of site you like to work.I am satisfied with the way the treated me while I work for them.
Good Place to work with good benefits
Security Guard (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Shift work, travel distances
I always enjoyed reporting to work each day.
Learned that I had a good working relationship with management and my co-workers.
Found shift work to be the hardest part of the job.
I enjoyed meeting with the delivery people on a regular basis.
Potential to be great...
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours as a manager
Cons: Terrible upper management
The company provided very little support to the base I was working at. We were expected to achieve unachievable compliance rates and were given few tools or resources to better our staff.
Good experinec as a job
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 3, 2015
It was a good job and with reputable position. However, the management were to busy prove their position then focusing on the job it self.
Overall a stable experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2015
I was looking for a stable and a small income for my years through university, and that is what I got.

I had a part time post as a condo building front desk security guard and was responsible for issuing parking tickets etc.
Over all garda meets all my expectation and certain management associates go above and beyond to accommodate all my need
Guard (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 21, 2015
a typical day is fairly mild not many incidents. I follow all my duties and procedures as required by the mall. winter gets busy with people slip and falls. I have heard may ways to handle fire procedures. I have also learned how to attend emergency calls. Management is very helpful and kind at my placement. I enjoy my supervisor there are to other guards other an me, and I only really find my self, supervisor and one other guard professional. The hardest part of the job is when a a child or teen has a seizure and trying to handle the situation alone. The management at the facility I guard are very kind enjoyable people, I fell good when I take the time to help people with disabilities.
Productive and good work enviroment
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: on going training, overtime, job placement
Cons: salary, health benefits.
Ongoing training provided, they are able to tailor to your strengths and take the time to place you where you are best suited. The pay for front line security work could be better, however, they do pay in good comparison do the job duties and responsibilities.

Management is fun and light hearted, fair and conscientious to the needs of the team rather than the needs employee. However, work well one on one with the employee for additional training if needed.

Most enjoyable part of the job is again the people I worked with and the amount of interaction I got dealing with the public. I gained a lot of knowledge about how to interact and deal with conflict and high risk situation. Garda Security offered the opportunity to apply my academic learning on a more applicable level.
Good if you don't like doing much
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 11, 2015
Decent wage
Bored very easily
Co-workers from all around the world
Supervisor was helpful
Hardest part of the job was staying up on night shifts.
Best part was the 7 days off
team environment
Background screening officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
fun workplace, friendly people/staff, understanding management, room for growth
Always fun working here
Security Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 10, 2014
Good understanding of employees needs and good aptitudes of conflict relosution.
Law Courts Building
Licence security guard (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 2, 2014
Learn how to be nice with the general public. Get along with co-workers and law enforcement (sheriff, police at Edmonton Courts). The hardest part of the job is trying not to do any mistakes. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing different people.
survival job
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONJuly 16, 2014
no other option as new immigrant,but still found it good.excellent working condition
Great experience
Site Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 25, 2014
felt proud as a security officer
Got good knowledge of laws
Got security license
I enjoy working in this company.Everybody is friendly. We help each other. Salary is fair.
Security Guard (Former Employee), The Bow CalgaryJune 12, 2014
Pros: not a stable job
Cons: long hours
I typical do patrol assigned area on foot ; checking for fire and suspicious or hazards ; monitor entry and exit of contractors. We, security officers in the build communicate each other to void the problem happened every single day .The most enjoyable part of the job is through cooperate , we finish our jobs .
Great place to start your career.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2014
Fun office environment and friendly staff.

Lots of nepotism.