On-Site Contract Manager
GARDA World Security Corporation is a global leader in Security and Investigations. With more than 45,000 professionals globally and almost 35 years of experience, clients count on us to help them proceed in business and in life with confidence. Our commitment to place integrity first, aspire to higher standards, develop innovative solutions, and provide customer value continues to differentiate us. GARDA is one of the most trusted consulting, investigation and security firms in the world, with operations across Canada and the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
The On-Site Contract Manager plays an integral role for our client within the Government, overseeing all aspects of security at their site. This includes contract monitoring, maintaining strong client relations, managing a team of security personnel and resolving issues at the site.
- Contract monitoring, resolving issues, training, performance monitoring of security personnel, scheduling and coordinating various business lines, invoicing, investigative and incident reports, hiring and overall supervising of various parts and requirements of the contract; meeting regularly with Project Authority or his/her representative
- Must keep an electronic database of all security, medical and behavioural related incidents
- Deal with infractions related to staff conduct, performance and non-compliance on or off-site, in accordance with standard policies and procedures of the company.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all employees, individual performance appraisals and incident reports as it relates to security personnel
- Ensure all guards are properly trained and provide continuous training to address any changes in procedure
- Keep accurate records of all employees’ experience, skills, test scores, training courses taken/still required, certifications, driver’s licences, copies of security license
- Responsible for scheduling work days, hours, work posts, break and lunches for employees; Includes planning for additional guards when operational requirements demand it, or in cases of emergencies and establishing new levels when physical configurations change.
- Provide client with updated list of staff and hours of work on a weekly basis
- Ensure all security personnel are properly dressed in approved uniforms
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of emergency protocols, including fire, power outages, disruptive/violent occurrences, First Aid/CPR, emergency evacuation procedures
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum 3 years management/contract management experience (within the last 3-5 years) and minimum 1 year recent experience (within the last 3 years), in a field directly related to security of persons, or security related to service with the Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP or Police
- Ability to motivate, coach, train and manage a team of security officers
- Superior command of the English language, including written and oral communication
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Successful completion of pre-assignment training including supervisor training, investigation of incidents, performance measures and review and discipline
- Must be available between the hours of 7:00 am-5:00 pm, in 8 hour shifts, 5 days a week (maximum 40 hours per week). Available for after-hours coverage as-needed
- Successful completion of Defensive Tactics/Handcuffing course; knowledge of the principles of the use of force, Detention and Release protocol, Sections 25, 26 and 30 of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Ability to operate metal detecting devices, fingerprinting – including the Livescan machine
- Ability to deal with hostile clients, maintain cultural sensitivity, awareness of Post-Traumatic Syndrome; ability to react and take appropriate measures in event of an emergency, physical altercations or threat of violence, respond to trespassers or unauthorized entry
- Successful completion of Standard First Aid and CPR
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and Outlook
- Law enforcement background an asset
- Experience working in a detention facility an asset
- Experience managing a minimum of 20,000 guard hours per year an asset
Indeed - 15 months ago