Labour Relations Advisor, Ontario
GARDA World Security Corporation is a global leader in Security and Investigations. With more than 45,000 professionals globally and almost 35 years of experience, clients count on us to help them proceed in business and in life with confidence. Our commitment to place integrity first, aspire to higher standards, develop innovative solutions, and provide customer value continues to differentiate us. GARDA is one of the most trusted consulting, investigation and security firms in the world, with operations across Canada and the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
This is a great opportunity for a junior labour relations specialist with 2-3 years of labour relations experience to join a rapidly growing company. Reporting to Director of Human Resources, the Labour Relations Advisor, Ontario is a proactive professional who will play an integral role in fostering positive labour relations. The incumbent will be responsible for grievance administration and will provide advice and guidance in all employment and labour relations matters for our Physical Security and Cash Logistics Divisions within the Ontario Region. The Labour Relations Advisor will build strong relationships and act as a consultative partner to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides support and guidance for all labour and employment matters for the Physical Security and Cash Logistics Divisions in Ontario under Provincial and some Federal legislation; consults with the Director of HR for complex issues
- Provides expert advice and guidance on the administration and application of multiple collective agreements, as well as Company policies and procedures
- Manages the grievance process in collaboration with the Operations Teams; attends grievance meetings and seeks advice from Director of HR when necessary; tracks all grievances for reporting purposes
- Attends monthly labour management meetings for each Division
- Investigates and responds to MOL, HRSDC, HRTO, OLRB, CIRB and CLC correspondence
- Investigates discrimination and harassment complaints; provides thoughtful solutions and recommendations
- Responds to union representatives and fosters a co-operative and effective labour relations atmosphere
- Makes recommendations on disciplinary matters and attends disciplinary meetings with Operations when necessary
- Assists Director of HR in preparation for mediations and arbitrations; attends hearings and acts as Company representative when required
- Assists in the planning and preparation for collective bargaining
- Assists the Director of HR with special projects and training as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources and / or Labour Relations; CHRP designation an asset
- 2-3 years labour relations experience including handling of grievances; exposure to arbitrations and collective bargaining
- Experience working with Ontario and Federal labour and employment legislative boards
- Ability to foster strong and cooperative working relationships
- Excellent communication skills including, the ability to collaborate, negotiate, facilitate, resolve conflict and manage complex, sensitive situations
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and Power Point, Outlook
- Must pass security clearance to the reliability level
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience.
GARDA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Please apply online at www.gardaglobal.com
No agencies or telephone calls please.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago