Garage Clothing Employee Reviews

Beginner retailer
Part Time Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 August 2017
Garage is a great first retail job. It really introduces you into the retail culture and gives you good strong habits to develop yourself and step outside of your comfort zone.
Pros
discount
Cons
personal sales goals
Fun place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 August 2017
I enjoyed working there, they don't always give you enough hours and it can be hard when you want to try and move up with the company but it is a place where you actually want to go to work everyday.
Fun Job Environment
Part-time sales associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON4 August 2017
upbeat job environment with amazing staff &
working with costumers of all ages and races, assisting them with outfit choices and creating masterpieces
Pros
my team
Cons
not many hours
Comfortable and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON31 July 2017
Throughout my experience at Garage, I have learned many selling tactics and how to interact with customers. The managers are very understanding and the people who I work with are very friendly. I enjoy assisting customers and giving them my feedback to ensure they leave with the right clothing.
Pros
Discounted clothing
Cons
Short hours
Evironnement de travail plaisant
Conseill√®re en vente (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC24 July 2017
Avec l'equipe Garage, j'ai vraiment appris a connaitre les besoin des gens. Cette acquisition m'aidait dans mon emploi ai Garage, mais m'aideras aussi avec tout mes emplois futurs.
Good company
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 July 2017
Hard to advance and not a lot of pay, but great company and great staff. Very competitive field but very rewarding! Loved my job here and very happy to have been given the opportunity
mediocre
Retail Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2017
Good experience learning about customer service. Mediocre job with mediocre individuals. Regular working tasks. Regular minimum wage pay. Good first job for individuals
Awesome place to woek
Sales Associate/Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2017
Company is incredible super understanding and great learning experience! Always learning on the job and improving in all aspects of the sales associate and brand ambassador position.
Friendly
RETAIL SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2017
very friendly place to be.
everyone gets along.
pretty flexible with hours.
everyone worked together throughout each shift.
good hours for the most part.
Quick Turnover
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 May 2017
The staff came in and out consistently over several months, regardless of their sales abilities or exceptional customer service. Management was not encouraging.
Pros
discounted clothing
Cons
poor morale
Fun place to work, however little opportunities to grow
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2017
I enjoy working at Garage, the atmosphere is fun and everyone is dedicated to doing the best job that can be done. I have been ready to grow into a new role for quite a few months and there is no opportunity available unfortunately.

Skills I have learnt:

Hiring
Managing the sales floor (currently in flagship location)
Scheduling
Motivating the team
Coaching
Visual Merchandising
Creating action plans
Health and safety
Loss Prevention
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
No opportunity to move into SM role
a great place to work when you're starting the retail path
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 April 2017
a fun company to work for. always great music playing in the store and awesome product for a variety of customers. easy, manageable sales goals that were worked towards as a team.
Excellent Staff and Great Opportunities to Grow within the Company
Customer Service Representative & Sales (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2017
Very flexible with hours and availability once hired. Shifts depend in length by the availability one has. Training modules very efficient and thorough. Discount very reasonable and affordable. Staff members all work together and help one another with any issue or question one may have without hostility or judgement
Pros
Breaks are a must, good shift hours per week
Not Ideal
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2017
Garage was all about promoting those they liked and not at all about helping all management be the best they could be. District managers were rude, uncaring and unsupportive. Aside from that, part time staff in my store was fun and exciting to work alongside.
good workplace for students
Management in July (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 March 2017
good workplace for students. minimum wage and allowed for flexible hours that work with school schedule. management is good and allowed for growth within
Good work experience and environment, great co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 March 2017
I started this job as a first year college student looking for something to get me by. Although retail isn't for me, I had a great time helping customers find the looks they wanted. I was also fortunate to work with a great group of girls. Garage/Dynamite also offers 50% off to their employees and if you're there long enough a lot of other advantages. I was only there for the christmas season but I definitely became more comfortable with retail and I think it is a great thing to add to my resume.
Pros
50% off, fun enviornment
Cons
retail
Great company to work for when good managers are in place.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 February 2017
This company is great to work for. When there are good managers, district sales supervisors, and hr representatives in place it can be very enjoyable. I loved the people I worked with. A typical day involved creating the budget, rallying the sales team, filling out paperwork and reports, setting an example on the sales floor, training employees, hiring and onboarding, dealing with customer issues, etc. I learned how to multi-task effectively, how to prioritize my tasks, and how to communicate efficiently with all different levels of employees. The workplace culture differs between stores and districts depending on who the management team is. I've seen fantastic work environments and some not-so-great work environments here. It all depends on management. The company is generally good at correcting any management issues there may be though so overall I would say the workplace culture is good.
Pros
Flexible hours. Work-life balance is good.
Cons
Hours can be long if you're managing alone, which should not be the case for most people.
A productive and learning environment
Full Time Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2017
A busy work day filled with different types of people and interactions, I learned the diversity of my city based on the customers who shopped their and the team I worked with.
Energetic and fun place
SALES ASSOCIETTE (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 October 2016
Working at garage was super fun because I got along with all the employees and worked together with them to create a enjoyable work day.I usually worked in the fitting rooms or greeting customers as they entered the store.
Pros
Worked with friends
Cons
Few hours
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manitoba18 September 2016
Really nice people working with you enjoyable and fun atmosphere, large company cute clothes and good benefits even for part-time or causal staff. Would recommend