GAP Inc

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 21, 2013
Pros: little perks like coffee, and prizes
Cons: difficult customers
A typical day at work for me included setting up manequins and displays, folding clothing, calling other stores for products, sweeping the showroom, tending cash. I learned how to be more approachable to people and how to properly manage my time. My co-workers were fantastic! The hardest part about my job was being able to calm situations with angry customers. The most enjoyable part was seeing your customer happy with their purchases and excited to try them out.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: long hours
a typical day working at gap is great always come with a smile on my face greeting my co-workers. i learned how to work and control a fitting room, how to fold clothes and how to set up designs in stores. management is amazing always helping me and always being nice i respect them. co-workers were nice to great people. the hardest part of my job was the long hours other than that it was a great experience. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and making new friends,
not so productive, MTO everyday
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 11, 2015
Pros: exdended lunches some weeks, growth pay was given to hard working employees
Cons: the shortage of hours, I was promised 30hrs a week and was making less the 15hrs
active putaway of gap merchandise, picking, packing, inventory inquiry was performed almost everyday, daily tasks changed everyday by the supervisor. The hardest part of the job was when there was full time hours the long amount of time spent on your feet was a killer. The most enjoyable part about the job was the coworkers
Nasty management team, and nasty workplace
sales associate (Former Employee), Kitchener (Fairview Mall) ONJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: nothing
The only thing that is good about working at Gap is 50% discount, which is not even great when the clothes get markdown and then go additional 40% off.
The manager is bully and she thinks she owns you.
The work hour is so strict and not flexible at all, and that you can't even take a time off to go take x-ray when you are seriously wrong. They still ask you to find someone to replace you, unless you can't take a time off... although you KNOW there is something wrong.
Positive Work Environment
Cash Handler (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2012
Pros: positive management
Cons: fluctuation in business, unreliable hours
GAP Inc. is committed to making sure that employees are fully prepared to deal with any situation that is encountered on the sales floor. As a cash handler, I am responsible for helping my fellow associates in solving transaction issues. Before open and after close, I am responsible for balancing tills and preparing deposits. The job is enjoyable because management makes work fun and fair for all.
An Awesome Store
Clothier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: None
I love working there and looking at all the diverse clothes & customers. I have a nice manger, who's cool and understanding. I 'm there at The Gap as a Co-Op Student. I fold clothes & I make them look presentable. Sometimes I'll unpack shipments of clothing, sort hangers and sort clothes in the back of the store. Most of the time, I'm in the front meeting with the customer's needs by, doing price check ups, escorting them to the fitting room or directing them to their product.
Day to Day Experience at the Gap
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: nice managers
Cons: lack of hours because they were over staffed
In this position I learned many on the job skills like restocking shelves and helping customers find items. A typical day at work would usually involve helping customers in and out of change rooms and returning cloths to the rack if they did not desire to purchase them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk and help with the customers
Very customer oriented environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 28, 2013
Pros: interactive customers
Cons: not many work tasks
A typical day at work:
- restock
- provide assistance to customers.

What you learned:
- Finding out customer tastes

Management:
- Respectful and well mannered.

Go-workers:
- Great co-workers, interactive and nice.

Hardest part of the job:
- Maintaining a clean change rooms at busy times.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
- Interactive customers and forming relationships.
Company rewards Productivity and promotes community involvement
Merchandise Handler (Seasonal Contract) (Former Employee), Bolton, ONAugust 8, 2012
Pros: bonuses for performance
Cons: long shifts of repetitive work
Worked in eFulfillment Centre (Distribution Centre).
Worked in U-shaped stations. 1 team member per workstation. The hardest part of the job is the noise of the conveyors, robots and corrugate compactor/bailer. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly staff and management.
Productive and fast paste environment
stocker (Former Employee), Brampton OntarioMarch 24, 2012
Work was the same everyday, same typical work. I learned how to distribute merchandise in a fast manner, how to use computers more efficient and to communicate with co-workers better. The management was fine, they understood you as a employee. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet for the whole day, the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have liberty to do your job at your own pace.
Great management, co-workers and friendly environment.
Customer Service Associate & Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 8, 2013
It's a fast-paced clothing store with customers from various all background and age-groups. Over 5 years of retail customer service experience dealing with customer satisfaction, needs, complaints and more. Management has rotated few times but all are great leaders to work under and work with along with the amazing group of co-workers.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gap at Queen and Spadina, Toronto, ONJune 29, 2014
Pros: long hours.
Working at Gap is always fun, I learned about customer service and the fashion industry in general. The management is approachable. My co-workers are easy to get along with and are also fun. The hardest part of the job is being able to find sizes for particular customers. The most enjoyable part, however, is when you make that customer happy because you did your best to help a customer.
Gaptastic!!!
Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby and Pacific CentreFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great environment
Great diverse working environment
truly and amazing place to work at.

everyday was the same yet different,
there wes different challenges everyday and new experiences...

management is very supportive and friendly, the workplace was like a
big family, everyone was very open and inclusive

hardest part of the job will always probably be leaving, it feels like time is running too fast...
each location may be different
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2015
Pros: flexible hours for students, retail experience
Cons: hours not reliable, expect low hours, managers attitude, no communication between team
Management is intimidating, uses bullying tactics. Employees are mostly students. Good for starting in retail. Each location may be different, but having worked personally at 3 stores over 5 years, I did not notice much difference.
Sales Outlet
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 7, 2014
On a typical day I would work on the sales flood and help customers meet their needs. I've learned how to use the cash and work with the computers. Our management team was pleasant to work with - but shifts were very difficult to figure out and were not fair to the sales representatives as they were not consistent. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers reach their needs.
Great people, not-so-great corporate structure
Acting Brand Logistics Expert (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2013
Pros: great work culture, friendly staff and management
Cons: very competitive, minimal pay, politics
I stay in this position for the amazing people that work here. The employees are fun, the culture is pretty relaxed as well and the management team is laid back like the schedule.

Everything else is not flattering enough for me to comment on.
Really productive and a fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, OntarioJuly 30, 2015
Pros: discounts, improved my customer service skills
Cons: n/a
The few months i had worked at Gap were the best few months i had considering it was seasonal. Everyone was really friendly, it honestly felt like i was at home, my coworkers, my managers were amazing and supportive. Overall everyone was treated like a family at Gap, one of my best job experience so far.
Encouraging Work Environment
Seasonal Store Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: many staff activities
All management and fellow associates were great to work with. Everyone is friendly, on task and cohesive as a team to meet company goals. Each member of the store from management to seasonal employees kept store morale up and maintained strong customer focused initiatives to motivate sales and strong client rapport.
Daily Day
Shipper (Former Employee), Bolton, ONNovember 27, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: no change of work
Daily day consisted of 10 hours of the same job. I learned how to use scanners and working with pods technology. my co workers were really nice hard working individuals. The hardest part of my job was the not being satisfied with the work. The work was very repetitive and never getting any recognition. The most enjoyable part was the hours I was receiving.
Great work environment
Sales associate (customer service/cashier) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
Old Navy is a great place to work at especially if you are a student. The employers are extremely friendly and cooperative.The only downfall is that there isn't much room for growth.Since they only offer part-time positions and hours per shift correlate with if the store is making its daily or weekly goal. Overall it a a nice place.
Headquarters