GAP Inc
1,663 reviews

GAP Inc Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place to work and great team
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 22, 2013
Excellent job at that time in my life but no higher role than what I was at
seasonal worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCAugust 20, 2013
The company didn't really care must about teaching you things thoroughly, perhaps because they knew they were going to let you go. Did not feel part of a team.
The Gap
sales, floor, cashier, shipment, cleaning (Current Employee), Rideau Center OttawaAugust 17, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: not as many hours as wanted
I am constantly greeting new people and helping them with their every need, I learned that you can make someones day with the littlest gesture, my management team is always enthusiastic and full of life making sure all their employees are safe and happy during their shifts, the hardest part of my job would have to be product knowledge seeing as we get – more... new clothing in twice a week every week, and the most enjoyable part of working at the gap is getting to work with my fellow employees who make every shift fun and exciting, I also love meeting new people on a daily basis! – less
productive
Lead in production standards, achieving work (Former Employee), Maple, ONAugust 16, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: bad location
took shipment, put clothes on sales floor. helped customers
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 5, 2013
This was also another Temp job for over the holiday season. They had a very positive staff hard working and organized, everything worked well during the crazy rush of Christmas shoppers.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2013
Gap inc is a good company to work for the most enjoyable part for me is helping the costumers find clothes that suit their style.
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 11, 2013
I loved my time at Gap Inc. I was with the company a total of five years, between two different locations. A typical day at work would mean; dressing in current merchandise, a quick meeting with the team and manager, goals discussed, greet and assist customers with their experience, and make sure the store made goal. Management was amazing to work for – more... and with, communicated with upper management clearly, competently, and confidently. As a senior Sales Associate, I took the initiative to help new employees, and motivate co-workers.There was not a "hardest part" of my job at the Gap, there were challenges. I faced those challenges, and almost always succeeded in my task. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people all the time. – less
Numbers driven company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 1, 2013
This is a great place to work if your goal to achieve a significant amount of expertise in the performance culture vs. people culture.
Very customer oriented environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 28, 2013
Pros: interactive customers
Cons: not many work tasks
A typical day at work:
- restock
- provide assistance to customers.

What you learned:
- Finding out customer tastes

Management:
- Respectful and well mannered.

Go-workers:
- Great co-workers, interactive and nice.

Hardest part of the job:
- Maintaining a clean change rooms at busy times.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
- Interactive customers and – more... forming relationships. – less
Unfriendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2013
Pros: free locker space
Cons: unfriendly staff members
As I was younger when I worked at the Gap I felt that I was somewhat of an outcast and paid little attention to both by management and other staff members. With questions or when in need of assistance I was regarded with condescension and given little help or encouragement.
A place of favoritism, disorganization, and hypocrisy
Sales associate (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 9, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: co-workers, managers, hours, wage
When I first started at Old Navy, I loved it! I thought that my staff was amazing, and I really liked my job. Not anymore.

On a typical day, I would be folding clothes, keeping the store tidy, and helping customers. The customers are incredibly hard to satisfy! Most are bargain shoppers, and mothers who are irritated because of their noisy children.

The – more... reason why I quit is because of my co-workers and most of the management team.

I would not recommend anybody to work here unless they are okay with high school drama. The store is full of cliques, and people definitely have favorites. Everybody does not get treated the same way. If you are not part of their group, then they will stand around and chit-chat while you do most of the work.

None of the managers are on the same page, and then you get lectured on how you did something wrong, while another manager would see it as a the correct way. It's quite frustrating. – less
Gap
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJune 5, 2013
Great Company, good products that assist shoppers to understand their own casual fashion taste.
Loved doing order picking.
OPS driver (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: hybrid shift
Cons: had good friends working with me.
It was a fun place to work at.
Made good friends.
Salary was good in the beginning.
Hardest part was to stay in 99% of productivity at the end of the day.
worked there almost 5 years.
Would not recommend employement in the Distribution Centre in Brampton
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Brampton OntarioMay 13, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, poor work life balance
Constant bickering and fighting amoung managers. Heavy rotation in staffing, people constantly leaving the company or being terminated. A very unhappy, unsatisfying and demotivating place to work.
Retail leader
Loss Prevention Internal Investigator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 6, 2013
GAP Inc. values its employees and drives them to look outside the box during their employment.
prodctive
Assistant Manager (Sales) (Former Employee), onApril 26, 2013
team oriented, supportive managemenet. extensive training.
I really enjoy working with Gap Inc. and value its diversity and flexibility.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 25, 2013
Pros: very flexible hours, relaxed yet extremely focused working environment
You never really know how the day will unfold, but it always seems to flow fairly smoothly.

Through my experience with Gap, I have learned a lot about what it means to be not only a follower, but a leader as well - I've gained a lot of experience having had the opportunity to work closely with more than ten different members of Store Management in – more... two very different retail environments. Through my co-workers, I've learned how teamwork and genuine kindness can go a long way towards ensuring that the customer and the employee both have an enjoyable experience with Gap.

I must say, though, that the hardest part of my job, personally, is that I'm simply a Sales Associate - I'm a very dedicated and self-motivated individual that enjoys the occasional challenge, and frankly, as a Sales Associate, there aren't as many challenges as I would like. I enjoy carrying out large projects that require planning and encourage thinking outside the box.

The most enjoyable parts of my job are customer service and visual merchandising. Nothing is more satisfying than making a customers' day. The customers' experience can be extremely valuable whether a purchase is made or not. And on occasion, I'm able to do visual merchandising on my own. I've grown very fond of creating a visual flow for the store through product and fixture placements. Among customer experience, Visual Merchandising is my passion. – less
Brand and Logistics Expert (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 24, 2013
I loved working at the Gap when I did, the staff were amazing and everyone worked as a team. Unforgettably a new manager came from a different Gap, and we lost our whole team including key holders in a matter of months. But before this occurred it was the best job I've ever had.
Productive, fun and Supportive Environment to work in.
Sales Associate Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2013
Pros: free dinners, bonus payment if goals are met and supportive managers
Cons: part- time hours
A typical day involves being able to assist customer as best as you can and well as being able to support your follower Co-workers and being supported when need. .
I have learned to not take things personally and to be patient with my self and the customer through our interactions.
I do enjoy working with my follower Co-workers, we are all very supportive – more... and accepting of each other.
I do enjoy where I worker therefore I do not find anything hard about the job so far. Every day is a bit different even though there is a routine aspect to what is carry out.
Apart from the fact that I generally enjoy where I work we also get free dinner parties and snacks I think once a month if I am not mistaken. – less
fun workplace
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2013
the most enjoyable part is that i like fashion a lot ,that made the work so much fun,management is the best ,and i like dealing with people wich made it the job easier