GAP Inc
2,261 reviews

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
kind work place with easy people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2015
-greet customers
-organize shelves
-replenish items
-stock
-hardest part was the slow movement of the day
-made sure children weren't climbing on the fixtures
-gained retail experiences
Amazing working experience
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: the people, the music, weekly pay!
Cons: going home sweaty every day
The people were amazing, the work was hard but always worth it with a generous weekly pay. I never thought I could move non-stop for 9 hours a day (1hr to allot to breaks) and walk out the door with a smile every time.

They tried to shift everyone around to keep our work ethic, bodies and minds fresh, but "picking" was definitely the most fun and physically demanding job I've ever had. I loved it. Couldn't ask for a better job! :)

Kudos to the supervisor that fought to give the employees the right to play their own music at their workstations as well. This kept employees happy and enthusiastic for the shifts, through all the hard work.

All of my co-workers were definitely of the most interesting, friendly, loving and unforgettable stature.

Wish it didn't end so soon!
Gaptastic!!!
Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby and Pacific CentreFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great environment
Great diverse working environment
truly and amazing place to work at.

everyday was the same yet different,
there wes different challenges everyday and new experiences...

management is very supportive and friendly, the workplace was like a
big family, everyone was very open and inclusive

hardest part of the job will always probably be leaving, it feels like time is running too fast...
Fun workplace and great staff to work with
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: occasional free donuts, and occasional staff parties
A typical day at work includes greeting customers, selling the products, cleaning, folding clothes, and working the till. I gained lots of communication skills from conversing with customers and the staff. The management is really friendly and patient in training the staff. Co-workers are easy to get along with and super friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is suggesting clothes/outfits for the customers and helping them find clothes that best suit them. The hardest part of the job is the slow times when all there is to do is clean which is tiring when standing on your feet all day. Overall, a good job.
Encouraging Work Environment
Seasonal Store Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: many staff activities
All management and fellow associates were great to work with. Everyone is friendly, on task and cohesive as a team to meet company goals. Each member of the store from management to seasonal employees kept store morale up and maintained strong customer focused initiatives to motivate sales and strong client rapport.
Gap is a rewarding customer focused employer.
Order Picker/Packer and General Warehouse (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: paid lunches, transparent management, three day weekends, opportunities for advancement
Cons: long hours, dextrous work, quotas
As a Pick/Packer with Gap, I would typically have ten hour shifts working to meet aggressive(but achievable) UPH Quotas.

As a picker, your jobs is to collect product as orders come in in order to ensure speedy delivery for web based customers. As a packer, your job is to process deliveries from the pickers in a neat and presentable way designed around improving the customers un-boxing experience.

I left Gap with a high level of endurance, an awareness of how to optimize my productivity, a great impression of their employee culture. Hard work is rewarded, and the experiences I carried with me allowed me to excel in both future warehousing positions and sales lead opportunities.

Management practiced a great 1 on 1 feedback loop that saw performance gains across the board for every employee, as well as group reward systems which really gave you an impression of the overall goals of the company.

The hardest part of the job is the endurance required by the end of a ten hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking Christmas orders, especially for young families, and knowing you were helping someone complete their holidays.

While opportunity has taken me elsewhere, I recommend anyone take a position with Gap, especially students and new entrants into the workforce - It develops a high standard that leads to excellence.
Gossipy and unfriendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 27, 2014
Pros: get to see latest styles, friendly sales floor team (most of the time)
Cons: uncomfortable environment, gossiping, bullying, no shifts.
Managers will often gossip behind the sales assoc. back. You are treated poorly if you aren't considered anything higher than sales floor. All the keyholders do is boss people around and make you feel uncomfortable. There is no room for advancement so forget it. And if you are hoping for more than 3 hours a week then forget it! Keep looking.. not worth the stress.
Fun and fast
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, OnDecember 16, 2014
Pros: felt like fmaily
Cons: short hours
Fun typical day
learned about fashion
management was great
co-workers were amazing
the hardest part was the hours were being cut
the most enjoyable part the crew
Good working enviornment
Merchandiser (Former Employee), bramptonDecember 5, 2014
Rogers was a well reputed company. Felt good to be a part of such a good company nice working place
Daily Day
Shipper (Former Employee), Bolton, ONNovember 27, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: no change of work
Daily day consisted of 10 hours of the same job. I learned how to use scanners and working with pods technology. my co workers were really nice hard working individuals. The hardest part of my job was the not being satisfied with the work. The work was very repetitive and never getting any recognition. The most enjoyable part was the hours I was receiving.
gap inc.
Able to rotate in all Production Associate Roles (Former Employee), bolton,ontarioNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: working on weekends
its a nice job
good money
hardest part is the ups and downs
looking forward to meet great people
learned how to co-opertae with others much better
made new friends
look forward to go to work on a daily basis
got four days off
all jobs are good myfirst day on job i never forget
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours/shifts
Cons: not enough hours given
Working at Gap for 6 years helped me gain self-confidence. A typical day at work would consist of me assisting customers and helping them meet their needs when it comes to choosing the right outfit either for themselves or as a gift. I would then proceed to either offering a changing room or proceeding to check out. The management are open minded and are always there to help when an employee is struggling with anything during their shifts. The atmosphere at Gap was very kind and friendly and I enjoyed working there for 6 years.
Great people to work with
SALES ADVISOR/CASHIER (Current Employee), ScarboroughNovember 2, 2014
Gap INC has some really wonderful employees. However, there is not enough hours to go around. Part timers end up fighting for shifts that are only about 4 hours long. Management is quite disorganized.
Fun and enjoyable!
Sales Associate/ Visual Display Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 21, 2014
The Gap was a great place to begin my professional working career. It was a great company to work for; they treated their staff great and we always had fun !
Dynamic work environment for a company who cares.
General Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 23, 2014
Gap provides their GM's with excellent training and development opportunities. No day is the same, and one can always flex their planning & priortizing skills. Gap also provides the opportunity to work with incredible people who bring experience and a high skill set to the table.
Typical Mcdonalds
Brand Experience Expert (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 16, 2014
Fast pace workplace with opportunities for growth. Typical fast food conduct.
worst company I've ever worked for
sales (Former Employee), OxfordSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: management, rotas, facilities
On a daily basis in store you have a miserable management team who do not communicate with each other and do not get on! You then have people being bullied and being treated unfairly. weekly rotas so nobody can plan around work and if a day off is needed you have to get somebody to cover your shift! This is the worse company I have ever worked for they do not care about there staff or customers!! staff room dirty with mould around sinks bins never changed toilets never working, air con never works so you are bound to get poorly!!

AVOID
FUN!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 20, 2014
Pros: fun loving working environment, everyone helping eachother out.
Cons: working the fitting rooms and waking up early to scan inventory.
Very great friendly fun place to work! Never hated one day there.
nice to work here
operator (Current Employee), Bolton, ONAugust 15, 2014
it having fun to work here.very intersting job.everyone enjoy
Fun to work, short on hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great employee dicount
Cons: not a lot of hours
Fun place to work, easy going. Not enough hours available. Management was ok but some needed more training to better lead the associates.

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more