GAP Inc
1,696 reviews

GAP Inc Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
worst company I've ever worked for
sales (Former Employee), OxfordSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: management, rotas, facilities
On a daily basis in store you have a miserable management team who do not communicate with each other and do not get on! You then have people being bullied and being treated unfairly. weekly rotas so nobody can plan around work and if a day off is needed you have to get somebody to cover your shift! This is the worse company I have ever worked for they – more... do not care about there staff or customers!! staff room dirty with mould around sinks bins never changed toilets never working, air con never works so you are bound to get poorly!!

AVOID – less
FUN!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 20, 2014
Pros: fun loving working environment, everyone helping eachother out.
Cons: working the fitting rooms and waking up early to scan inventory.
Very great friendly fun place to work! Never hated one day there.
nice to work here
operator (Current Employee), Bolton, ONAugust 15, 2014
it having fun to work here.very intersting job.everyone enjoy
Fun to work, short on hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great employee dicount
Cons: not a lot of hours
Fun place to work, easy going. Not enough hours available. Management was ok but some needed more training to better lead the associates.
Nice Discount not worth the drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Whistler, BCAugust 9, 2014
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: bad general manager, clothing quality is subpar
I genuinely don't review things but i think people should know about Gap- Whistler before applying.

The job isn't hard, and the wage is competitive considering whistlers reputation.

However working for the GM is a nightmare. She doesn't know how to properly communicate or deal with confrontation. The rest of the managers are great and are just trying – more... to do there best with the management situation at the store.

The co workers are awesome too but after a while dealing with the tension in the store – less
Good at first
Sales Associate (Former Employee), ScarboroughAugust 7, 2014
Eglinton has the worst, most inexperienced General Manager I've ever encountered. She only got the position because she is friends with the Product Manager who works at head office. The individuals who are corporate based can also see her incompetence, but continue to keep her onboard.
Fast Paced Environment
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 28, 2014
As a manager of Gap, you must be able to multitask and have the ability to categorize tasks according to importance. There is always something to do and you are trained in all aspects of retail.
retail
Assistant Manager, Operations (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
It is a retail job in a clothing store. Like fashion? Work there.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gap at Queen and Spadina, Toronto, ONJune 29, 2014
Pros: long hours.
Working at Gap is always fun, I learned about customer service and the fashion industry in general. The management is approachable. My co-workers are easy to get along with and are also fun. The hardest part of the job is being able to find sizes for particular customers. The most enjoyable part, however, is when you make that customer happy because – more... you did your best to help a customer. – less
productive and helpful with team members.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), edmontonJune 11, 2014
very easy going job. i learned so many things here as like shipment processing, replenishment, recovery, markdowns, signage and cash wrap processes. how to Follow written and verbal instruction and meet deadlines on tasks/projects. very good working environment.
Sales Outlet
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 7, 2014
On a typical day I would work on the sales flood and help customers meet their needs. I've learned how to use the cash and work with the computers. Our management team was pleasant to work with - but shifts were very difficult to figure out and were not fair to the sales representatives as they were not consistent. The most enjoyable part of my job – more... was helping customers reach their needs. – less
Managers who have no idea what they are doing
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMay 6, 2014
Pros: the only pro was the company discount
Cons: unprofessional management team
The store is a big mess. They hire inexperienced people and throw them onto the cash desk. Managers want their paychecks but aren't willing to do the work for it. Would much rather walk around looking busy, or simply go sit in the back office. Scheduling is horrible, 'sure id love to come in for 4 hours in the middle of the day and get cut after 2 hours". – more... They have a bad habit of calling you on your day off and asking if you can come in for a 4 hour shift. One of the managers got the position in this location as they know one of the district managers, and this person has no idea how to work in a retail store. Which in turn means everyone else working that shift has to pick up the slack. – less
Great working environment
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2014
Work environment was always welcoming. My co workers made those unbearable days bearable ..I'd go to lengths and call them my family. Management was always approachable and kept things confidential. They were great with difficult customers and seem to always keep things balanced in the workplace.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK WITH
MERCHANDISE PROCESSOR (Current Employee), BOLTONApril 22, 2014
GOOD ENVIRONMENT
PHYSICALLY DEMANDING
EXCESSIVE PHYSICAL WORKLOAD
Pleasant environment to work in
Salesclerk (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecApril 15, 2014
Typical day consists of serving customers to the best of your ability with their store purchases. Placing and arranging stock on floor,making sure store is neat and presentable at all times.

I've learned even more how important team work is especially in retail and how it can effect the over all store quota.

The management is very cool and down to – more... earth as well as co-workers. Great team and easy to get along with.

Hardest part of the job is keeping occupied when everything is pretty much done, without getting bored.

Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and greeting new customers and having customers leave with smiles on their face. – less
Amazing guidance from District Managers!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: company cared about employees
I loved this job. I had an amazing district who really took the time to learn about her management team and associates.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), PickeringApril 8, 2014
- Great Co-workers
- Comfortable working environment
- Learned how to efficiently manage tasks
Decent job, not enough hours though.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: not enough hours
If I happened to be lucky enough to get schedualed, 9/10 times my shift would be cancelled before I had the chance to get there due to budgetting and schedualing failures.
Best Retail store I have worked with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: gap and banana republic discount
Cons: late hours and over night
The people are so great and fun to work with, which means a lot if you are there quite often in the store working.
It was a very friendy envitroment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: all the workers were friendly and had great communication skills.
Cons: i felt like the managers could have done a better job when giving hours.
A typical day at work was always busy so I was I always doing something. I learned great working skills such as how to speak with customers and also I learned a lot about the business and responsibility. I thought the management could have been better but overall I thought it was quite professional. I was really fond of my co workers, they were very – more... friendly. the hardest part of my job was only when I did over nights but other than that it was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually working and keeping busy. – less

1 2 3 4 5