GAP Inc
2,190 reviews

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Temporary work with a great company
Seasonal Merchandising Processor (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time at the GAP. It was a temporary position. I was given the opportunity to train others.

Daily tasks were delegated by the managers, so everyday you did a different type task.
GAP
sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: Long hours
Laid back friendly environment. Generally comfortable place to work. staff and customers were friendly as well. Hardest part would be to finish the shift with the original goal set in place.
Working with kids
Merchandiser Handler (Current Employee), Bolton, ONMay 6, 2015
Here I got to work with kids and it was fun. I understand what I enjoy which is teaching and learning. I got to be creative with activities and other games.
Fun workplace, nice coworkers
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 1, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: so many people competitng for hours
Dynamic environment
training on site
qualified managers, and comprenhensive with beginners
Friendly environment to learn
good workforce diversity management
Great learning environment
Assistant General Manager - Merchandiser (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2015
Pros: daily learning challenge
Cons: Very long hours (could get up to 100hrs a week)
Very broad work environment but my main role is how to use visual marketing to affect positively sales and people, with the purpose to generate a better bossiness results.
Average job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 16, 2015
A typical place of work you are either folding clothes and putting them back in place or working the cash register. Nothing flashy or overly ornate going on behind the scenes.
Job Advancement
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: Lots of hours, balancing life and work
Cons: Stressful environment
Banana Republic gives an amazing job advancement opportunity. Very open, and flexible hours to choose from to fit you life, work and school life. A very organized management team to keep the day flowing smoothly and making sure they could run the business successfully.

A very friendly and helpful team of co-workers, everyone helping each other out to make sure customer service is top priority. I loved the customer service oriented environment at Banana Republic.

The hardest part about the job would be the stress when it gets very crowded on holidays or weekends. Typical days at Banana Republic is quite busy, but it gets very crowded on weekends and it makes it difficult to attend to all customers and maintain a clean work environment.

The most enjoyable part about the job would be the organized managers, who run the day so smoothly. The friendly team of staff who are always willing to coordinate.
Work
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee), CaledonMarch 24, 2015
Gone through many phases with this company. Countless rotation through management, revolving door sort of work place. Learnt a lot, overall good experience. Time to grow.
An Awesome Store
Clothier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: None
I love working there and looking at all the diverse clothes & customers. I have a nice manger, who's cool and understanding. I 'm there at The Gap as a Co-Op Student. I fold clothes & I make them look presentable. Sometimes I'll unpack shipments of clothing, sort hangers and sort clothes in the back of the store. Most of the time, I'm in the front meeting with the customer's needs by, doing price check ups, escorting them to the fitting room or directing them to their product.
Great Learning and Great Run
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: discount clothing
Cons: part time gets rare hours
I highly enjoyed working at Gap because of the great staff and it was run professionally, scheduled breaks, got the know on the clothing, and the staff was always helpful.
Productive but fun.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cookstown, OntarioMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: too many people work there, not enough hours for everyone.
A typical day at work for me would be to start with meeting with the supervisor to find out where would be for the shift. Whether it is in fittings, cash, etc. Management is great and are easy to work with. I find that they make work fun. My co-workers are easy going. We are basically one big family. The hardest part about working here is there there are too many people working here and not enough hours to go around. I'd like a job where I can work 15hours a week minimum. And the most enjoyable part about my job is interacting with the customers. I love meeting new people and hope that I can make a great impression so that they will want to come back.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate - Women and Kid's Dept (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: salary
A environment that is all about their customers while creating a comfortable environment for their. Management and staff make you love to work their.
Fun place to work. Great People.
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2015
You felt that you were appreciated for the hard work that you did. It was a good part time job. I would suggest it for younger adults and students.
kind work place with easy people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2015
-greet customers
-organize shelves
-replenish items
-stock
-hardest part was the slow movement of the day
-made sure children weren't climbing on the fixtures
-gained retail experiences
Amazing working experience
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: the people, the music, weekly pay!
Cons: going home sweaty every day
The people were amazing, the work was hard but always worth it with a generous weekly pay. I never thought I could move non-stop for 9 hours a day (1hr to allot to breaks) and walk out the door with a smile every time.

They tried to shift everyone around to keep our work ethic, bodies and minds fresh, but "picking" was definitely the most fun and physically demanding job I've ever had. I loved it. Couldn't ask for a better job! :)

Kudos to the supervisor that fought to give the employees the right to play their own music at their workstations as well. This kept employees happy and enthusiastic for the shifts, through all the hard work.

All of my co-workers were definitely of the most interesting, friendly, loving and unforgettable stature.

Wish it didn't end so soon!
Gaptastic!!!
Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby and Pacific CentreFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great environment
Great diverse working environment
truly and amazing place to work at.

everyday was the same yet different,
there wes different challenges everyday and new experiences...

management is very supportive and friendly, the workplace was like a
big family, everyone was very open and inclusive

hardest part of the job will always probably be leaving, it feels like time is running too fast...
Fun workplace and great staff to work with
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: occasional free donuts, and occasional staff parties
A typical day at work includes greeting customers, selling the products, cleaning, folding clothes, and working the till. I gained lots of communication skills from conversing with customers and the staff. The management is really friendly and patient in training the staff. Co-workers are easy to get along with and super friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is suggesting clothes/outfits for the customers and helping them find clothes that best suit them. The hardest part of the job is the slow times when all there is to do is clean which is tiring when standing on your feet all day. Overall, a good job.
Encouraging Work Environment
Seasonal Store Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: many staff activities
All management and fellow associates were great to work with. Everyone is friendly, on task and cohesive as a team to meet company goals. Each member of the store from management to seasonal employees kept store morale up and maintained strong customer focused initiatives to motivate sales and strong client rapport.
Gap is a rewarding customer focused employer.
Order Picker/Packer and General Warehouse (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: paid lunches, transparent management, three day weekends, opportunities for advancement
Cons: long hours, dextrous work, quotas
As a Pick/Packer with Gap, I would typically have ten hour shifts working to meet aggressive(but achievable) UPH Quotas.

As a picker, your jobs is to collect product as orders come in in order to ensure speedy delivery for web based customers. As a packer, your job is to process deliveries from the pickers in a neat and presentable way designed around improving the customers un-boxing experience.

I left Gap with a high level of endurance, an awareness of how to optimize my productivity, a great impression of their employee culture. Hard work is rewarded, and the experiences I carried with me allowed me to excel in both future warehousing positions and sales lead opportunities.

Management practiced a great 1 on 1 feedback loop that saw performance gains across the board for every employee, as well as group reward systems which really gave you an impression of the overall goals of the company.

The hardest part of the job is the endurance required by the end of a ten hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking Christmas orders, especially for young families, and knowing you were helping someone complete their holidays.

While opportunity has taken me elsewhere, I recommend anyone take a position with Gap, especially students and new entrants into the workforce - It develops a high standard that leads to excellence.
Gossipy and unfriendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 27, 2014
Pros: get to see latest styles, friendly sales floor team (most of the time)
Cons: uncomfortable environment, gossiping, bullying, no shifts.
Managers will often gossip behind the sales assoc. back. You are treated poorly if you aren't considered anything higher than sales floor. All the keyholders do is boss people around and make you feel uncomfortable. There is no room for advancement so forget it. And if you are hoping for more than 3 hours a week then forget it! Keep looking.. not worth the stress.

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more