GAP Inc
2,377 reviews

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The day I have handled consolidations
Business development (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, friendly atmosphere
Cons: tiring work
I earlier faced prob to take the carge and decision as it was complicated due to the loss invloved in the case here after i have checked alll the minor details and trust my gut skill and proceeded and succeeded
Work Experiences/ Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 24, 2015
This was my first job. I made a lot mistakes in the beginning but also at the same time learned a lot things from my supervisor and from my boss. It was part time job while I was studying in high school.
Productive but Not Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), LethbridgeAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent Training
Cons: Managment
Working here was definitely not the greatest experience. Though their training is unparalleled and they definitely care about their customers, it felt as if they cared little about their employees. I started and I was willing to work as many hours as needed around my schedule and even though I was repeatedly told I was one of the best workers, I was given no hours for months even after asking for some. I tried to get in to contact with the management team and was hung up on - so I ended up quitting through email. Besides this, the focus on what is happening in the store is very manageable and coworkers are expected to help out everyone.
each location may be different
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2015
Pros: flexible hours for students, retail experience
Cons: hours not reliable, expect low hours, managers attitude, no communication between team
Management is intimidating, uses bullying tactics. Employees are mostly students. Good for starting in retail. Each location may be different, but having worked personally at 3 stores over 5 years, I did not notice much difference.
Really productive and a fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, OntarioJuly 30, 2015
Pros: discounts, improved my customer service skills
Cons: n/a
The few months i had worked at Gap were the best few months i had considering it was seasonal. Everyone was really friendly, it honestly felt like i was at home, my coworkers, my managers were amazing and supportive. Overall everyone was treated like a family at Gap, one of my best job experience so far.
GAP
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2015
Pros: I was very proud that I had a job in a good retail company.
Cons: I had less time to study
I developed my sales and customer service skills. I learn a lot about clothing and quality and how customer satisfaction is important in every business. I learned that a business can only be successful if it could satisfy its customer.
A past paced and diverse workplace
Merchandise Handler (Current Employee), Bolton, ONJuly 6, 2015
Gap Inc. has a fast paced work environment, that allows workers to exercise their skills in many different functions. A typical day consists of picking orders, packing them, and shipping them to the customer.
Enthusiastic and dynamic work environmen
Sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJune 20, 2015
Upbeat atmosphere
Organized management
Co-workers are friendly and welcoming
Dealing with fast paced environment was the hardest
Sometimes, customers are very difficult
Overall was a great experience
Great Team
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJune 16, 2015
The best part of my job was working with my coworkers. We saw each other outside of work hours, it was like my second family.
Terrible Hours
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: 50% Discount!
Cons: Little to no hours.
During my (group) interview, it went very well. All of the people in the interview got hired. Since working there for only 3 months, i've had maybe 8-10 shifts. In the past 2 weeks I have received 0 hours. The maximum hours I have worked is 5 hours.

Although the workers are great, it's just terrible getting no hours.
Lead- Merchandising (Current Employee), burlingtonJune 11, 2015

Very Friendly Environment
Label/Invoice printers to assist users on-demand (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: Very relaxed. Employee discount of 50%
Cons: Long hours
There is no pressure and you can learn lots of things.
You can study in your free times.Manager/users are so friendly. There is lots of learning opportunities. I was working for 4 months and learned allot.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: long hours
a typical day working at gap is great always come with a smile on my face greeting my co-workers. i learned how to work and control a fitting room, how to fold clothes and how to set up designs in stores. management is amazing always helping me and always being nice i respect them. co-workers were nice to great people. the hardest part of my job was the long hours other than that it was a great experience. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and making new friends,
Great employees but very boring industry to work.
sales associate (Former Employee), kitchener ontarioMay 26, 2015
Pros: The discount card
Cons: Although all my shifts were only 3-4 hours they felt much longer then that.
To begin with the shifts in a retail job are not long at all, because the hours mostly depended on how well the store was doing on a weekly bases. The first thing that every employee must go through before every shift was the 1 minute meeting. In this 1 minute meeting the manager/team lead would tell the employee the new promotions and sells as well as minimum price goal for day. The best part about the job was the co-workers as well as the managers. I had the privilege to work with some amazing people. My managers were not only promotional but also nice and down to earth. As for my co-workers, all of them seemed way to nice. In my short time at the gap I learned how to properly make a sale using the promotions and discounts offered daily.
Great Benefits, but lacklustre shift opportunities
sales associate (Current Employee), scarborough town centreMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good employee Discount
Cons: Not Enough Hours
Its a standard retail job. Nothing special. I learned how to deal with pesky customers, and co-workers. The management team is usefully on top of their game. The co-workers make going into each shift fun and exciting. The hardest part of the job has to be getting a shift scheduled. Many of the employee's complain about only receiving a maximum of one shift per week. (This is very location specific) The most enjoyable part is, interacting with the customers to help them with what they need.
Temporary work with a great company
Seasonal Merchandising Processor (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time at the GAP. It was a temporary position. I was given the opportunity to train others.

Daily tasks were delegated by the managers, so everyday you did a different type task.
GAP
sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: Long hours
Laid back friendly environment. Generally comfortable place to work. staff and customers were friendly as well. Hardest part would be to finish the shift with the original goal set in place.
Working with kids
Merchandiser Handler (Current Employee), Bolton, ONMay 6, 2015
Here I got to work with kids and it was fun. I understand what I enjoy which is teaching and learning. I got to be creative with activities and other games.
Fun workplace, nice coworkers
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 1, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: so many people competitng for hours
Dynamic environment
training on site
qualified managers, and comprenhensive with beginners
Friendly environment to learn
good workforce diversity management
Great learning environment
Assistant General Manager - Merchandiser (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2015
Pros: daily learning challenge
Cons: Very long hours (could get up to 100hrs a week)
Very broad work environment but my main role is how to use visual marketing to affect positively sales and people, with the purpose to generate a better bossiness results.

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more