GAP Inc
2,203 reviews

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Friendly Environment
Label/Invoice printers to assist users on-demand (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: Very relaxed. Employee discount of 50%
Cons: Long hours
There is no pressure and you can learn lots of things.
You can study in your free times.Manager/users are so friendly. There is lots of learning opportunities. I was working for 4 months and learned allot.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: long hours
a typical day working at gap is great always come with a smile on my face greeting my co-workers. i learned how to work and control a fitting room, how to fold clothes and how to set up designs in stores. management is amazing always helping me and always being nice i respect them. co-workers were nice to great people. the hardest part of my job was the long hours other than that it was a great experience. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and making new friends,
Great employees but very boring industry to work.
sales associate (Former Employee), kitchener ontarioMay 26, 2015
Pros: The discount card
Cons: Although all my shifts were only 3-4 hours they felt much longer then that.
To begin with the shifts in a retail job are not long at all, because the hours mostly depended on how well the store was doing on a weekly bases. The first thing that every employee must go through before every shift was the 1 minute meeting. In this 1 minute meeting the manager/team lead would tell the employee the new promotions and sells as well as minimum price goal for day. The best part about the job was the co-workers as well as the managers. I had the privilege to work with some amazing people. My managers were not only promotional but also nice and down to earth. As for my co-workers, all of them seemed way to nice. In my short time at the gap I learned how to properly make a sale using the promotions and discounts offered daily.
Great Benefits, but lacklustre shift opportunities
sales associate (Current Employee), scarborough town centreMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good employee Discount
Cons: Not Enough Hours
Its a standard retail job. Nothing special. I learned how to deal with pesky customers, and co-workers. The management team is usefully on top of their game. The co-workers make going into each shift fun and exciting. The hardest part of the job has to be getting a shift scheduled. Many of the employee's complain about only receiving a maximum of one shift per week. (This is very location specific) The most enjoyable part is, interacting with the customers to help them with what they need.
Temporary work with a great company
Seasonal Merchandising Processor (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time at the GAP. It was a temporary position. I was given the opportunity to train others.

Daily tasks were delegated by the managers, so everyday you did a different type task.
GAP
sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: Long hours
Laid back friendly environment. Generally comfortable place to work. staff and customers were friendly as well. Hardest part would be to finish the shift with the original goal set in place.
Working with kids
Merchandiser Handler (Current Employee), Bolton, ONMay 6, 2015
Here I got to work with kids and it was fun. I understand what I enjoy which is teaching and learning. I got to be creative with activities and other games.
Fun workplace, nice coworkers
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 1, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: so many people competitng for hours
Dynamic environment
training on site
qualified managers, and comprenhensive with beginners
Friendly environment to learn
good workforce diversity management
Great learning environment
Assistant General Manager - Merchandiser (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2015
Pros: daily learning challenge
Cons: Very long hours (could get up to 100hrs a week)
Very broad work environment but my main role is how to use visual marketing to affect positively sales and people, with the purpose to generate a better bossiness results.
Average job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 16, 2015
A typical place of work you are either folding clothes and putting them back in place or working the cash register. Nothing flashy or overly ornate going on behind the scenes.
Job Advancement
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: Lots of hours, balancing life and work
Cons: Stressful environment
Banana Republic gives an amazing job advancement opportunity. Very open, and flexible hours to choose from to fit you life, work and school life. A very organized management team to keep the day flowing smoothly and making sure they could run the business successfully.

A very friendly and helpful team of co-workers, everyone helping each other out to make sure customer service is top priority. I loved the customer service oriented environment at Banana Republic.

The hardest part about the job would be the stress when it gets very crowded on holidays or weekends. Typical days at Banana Republic is quite busy, but it gets very crowded on weekends and it makes it difficult to attend to all customers and maintain a clean work environment.

The most enjoyable part about the job would be the organized managers, who run the day so smoothly. The friendly team of staff who are always willing to coordinate.
Work
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee), CaledonMarch 24, 2015
Gone through many phases with this company. Countless rotation through management, revolving door sort of work place. Learnt a lot, overall good experience. Time to grow.
An Awesome Store
Clothier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: None
I love working there and looking at all the diverse clothes & customers. I have a nice manger, who's cool and understanding. I 'm there at The Gap as a Co-Op Student. I fold clothes & I make them look presentable. Sometimes I'll unpack shipments of clothing, sort hangers and sort clothes in the back of the store. Most of the time, I'm in the front meeting with the customer's needs by, doing price check ups, escorting them to the fitting room or directing them to their product.
Great Learning and Great Run
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: discount clothing
Cons: part time gets rare hours
I highly enjoyed working at Gap because of the great staff and it was run professionally, scheduled breaks, got the know on the clothing, and the staff was always helpful.
Productive but fun.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cookstown, OntarioMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: too many people work there, not enough hours for everyone.
A typical day at work for me would be to start with meeting with the supervisor to find out where would be for the shift. Whether it is in fittings, cash, etc. Management is great and are easy to work with. I find that they make work fun. My co-workers are easy going. We are basically one big family. The hardest part about working here is there there are too many people working here and not enough hours to go around. I'd like a job where I can work 15hours a week minimum. And the most enjoyable part about my job is interacting with the customers. I love meeting new people and hope that I can make a great impression so that they will want to come back.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate - Women and Kid's Dept (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: salary
A environment that is all about their customers while creating a comfortable environment for their. Management and staff make you love to work their.
Fun place to work. Great People.
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2015
You felt that you were appreciated for the hard work that you did. It was a good part time job. I would suggest it for younger adults and students.
kind work place with easy people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2015
-greet customers
-organize shelves
-replenish items
-stock
-hardest part was the slow movement of the day
-made sure children weren't climbing on the fixtures
-gained retail experiences
Amazing working experience
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: the people, the music, weekly pay!
Cons: going home sweaty every day
The people were amazing, the work was hard but always worth it with a generous weekly pay. I never thought I could move non-stop for 9 hours a day (1hr to allot to breaks) and walk out the door with a smile every time.

They tried to shift everyone around to keep our work ethic, bodies and minds fresh, but "picking" was definitely the most fun and physically demanding job I've ever had. I loved it. Couldn't ask for a better job! :)

Kudos to the supervisor that fought to give the employees the right to play their own music at their workstations as well. This kept employees happy and enthusiastic for the shifts, through all the hard work.

All of my co-workers were definitely of the most interesting, friendly, loving and unforgettable stature.

Wish it didn't end so soon!
Gaptastic!!!
Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby and Pacific CentreFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great environment
Great diverse working environment
truly and amazing place to work at.

everyday was the same yet different,
there wes different challenges everyday and new experiences...

management is very supportive and friendly, the workplace was like a
big family, everyone was very open and inclusive

hardest part of the job will always probably be leaving, it feels like time is running too fast...

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more