GAP Inc

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and fast
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, OnDecember 16, 2014
Pros: felt like fmaily
Cons: short hours
Fun typical day
learned about fashion
management was great
co-workers were amazing
the hardest part was the hours were being cut
the most enjoyable part the crew
Good working enviornment
Merchandiser (Former Employee), bramptonDecember 5, 2014
Rogers was a well reputed company. Felt good to be a part of such a good company nice working place
Daily Day
Shipper (Former Employee), Bolton, ONNovember 27, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: no change of work
Daily day consisted of 10 hours of the same job. I learned how to use scanners and working with pods technology. my co workers were really nice hard working individuals. The hardest part of my job was the not being satisfied with the work. The work was very repetitive and never getting any recognition. The most enjoyable part was the hours I was receiving.
gap inc.
Able to rotate in all Production Associate Roles (Former Employee), bolton,ontarioNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: working on weekends
its a nice job
good money
hardest part is the ups and downs
looking forward to meet great people
learned how to co-opertae with others much better
made new friends
look forward to go to work on a daily basis
got four days off
all jobs are good myfirst day on job i never forget
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours/shifts
Cons: not enough hours given
Working at Gap for 6 years helped me gain self-confidence. A typical day at work would consist of me assisting customers and helping them meet their needs when it comes to choosing the right outfit either for themselves or as a gift. I would then proceed to either offering a changing room or proceeding to check out. The management are open minded and – more... are always there to help when an employee is struggling with anything during their shifts. The atmosphere at Gap was very kind and friendly and I enjoyed working there for 6 years. – less
Great people to work with
SALES ADVISOR/CASHIER (Current Employee), ScarboroughNovember 2, 2014
Gap INC has some really wonderful employees. However, there is not enough hours to go around. Part timers end up fighting for shifts that are only about 4 hours long. Management is quite disorganized.
Fun and enjoyable!
Sales Associate/ Visual Display Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 21, 2014
The Gap was a great place to begin my professional working career. It was a great company to work for; they treated their staff great and we always had fun !
Dynamic work environment for a company who cares.
General Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 23, 2014
Gap provides their GM's with excellent training and development opportunities. No day is the same, and one can always flex their planning & priortizing skills. Gap also provides the opportunity to work with incredible people who bring experience and a high skill set to the table.
Typical Mcdonalds
Brand Experience Expert (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 16, 2014
Fast pace workplace with opportunities for growth. Typical fast food conduct.
worst company I've ever worked for
sales (Former Employee), OxfordSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: management, rotas, facilities
On a daily basis in store you have a miserable management team who do not communicate with each other and do not get on! You then have people being bullied and being treated unfairly. weekly rotas so nobody can plan around work and if a day off is needed you have to get somebody to cover your shift! This is the worse company I have ever worked for they – more... do not care about there staff or customers!! staff room dirty with mould around sinks bins never changed toilets never working, air con never works so you are bound to get poorly!!

AVOID – less
FUN!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 20, 2014
Pros: fun loving working environment, everyone helping eachother out.
Cons: working the fitting rooms and waking up early to scan inventory.
Very great friendly fun place to work! Never hated one day there.
nice to work here
operator (Current Employee), Bolton, ONAugust 15, 2014
it having fun to work here.very intersting job.everyone enjoy
Fun to work, short on hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great employee dicount
Cons: not a lot of hours
Fun place to work, easy going. Not enough hours available. Management was ok but some needed more training to better lead the associates.
Nice Discount not worth the drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Whistler, BCAugust 9, 2014
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: bad general manager, clothing quality is subpar
I genuinely don't review things but i think people should know about Gap- Whistler before applying.

The job isn't hard, and the wage is competitive considering whistlers reputation.

However working for the GM is a nightmare. She doesn't know how to properly communicate or deal with confrontation. The rest of the managers are great and are just trying – more... to do there best with the management situation at the store.

The co workers are awesome too but after a while dealing with the tension in the store – less
Good at first
Sales Associate (Former Employee), ScarboroughAugust 7, 2014
Eglinton has the worst, most inexperienced General Manager I've ever encountered. She only got the position because she is friends with the Product Manager who works at head office. The individuals who are corporate based can also see her incompetence, but continue to keep her onboard.
Fast Paced Environment
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJuly 28, 2014
As a manager of Gap, you must be able to multitask and have the ability to categorize tasks according to importance. There is always something to do and you are trained in all aspects of retail.
retail
Assistant Manager, Operations (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
It is a retail job in a clothing store. Like fashion? Work there.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gap at Queen and Spadina, Toronto, ONJune 29, 2014
Pros: long hours.
Working at Gap is always fun, I learned about customer service and the fashion industry in general. The management is approachable. My co-workers are easy to get along with and are also fun. The hardest part of the job is being able to find sizes for particular customers. The most enjoyable part, however, is when you make that customer happy because – more... you did your best to help a customer. – less
productive and helpful with team members.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), edmontonJune 11, 2014
very easy going job. i learned so many things here as like shipment processing, replenishment, recovery, markdowns, signage and cash wrap processes. how to Follow written and verbal instruction and meet deadlines on tasks/projects. very good working environment.
Sales Outlet
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 7, 2014
On a typical day I would work on the sales flood and help customers meet their needs. I've learned how to use the cash and work with the computers. Our management team was pleasant to work with - but shifts were very difficult to figure out and were not fair to the sales representatives as they were not consistent. The most enjoyable part of my job – more... was helping customers reach their needs. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more

GAP Inc Photos