GAP Inc

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: great environment
Cons: sometimes long hours
It is always amazing to work as gap due to amazing co workers and stress free environment.
The managers are very caring and take care of the employees.
We always have lunches, get togethers, birthday parties etc.
very flexible hours
Work Experience at GAP
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day at GAP Inc consists of processing merchandise throughout the store as well as cleaning up and providing excellent customer service. During my time at GAP Inc, I learned how to provide excellent customer service and manage multiple responsibilities at once. I also learned how to organize and process merchandise throughout the floor. My co-workers were all so helpful and positive as they had created the best learning/growing environment for new workers such as myself. For me, the hardest part about the job was cleaning up and seeing people make a mess of what I cleaned 2 seconds later. The most enjoyable part about the job was the working environment because all my coworkers were so friendly and outgoing.
Fun and productive
Store Associate (Current Employee), Halton Hills, ONJanuary 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find the right size and telling them about the great deals. It is a fun, energetic environment anybody would enjoy working here.
Great work environment
Sales associate (customer service/cashier) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
Old Navy is a great place to work at especially if you are a student. The employers are extremely friendly and cooperative.The only downfall is that there isn't much room for growth.Since they only offer part-time positions and hours per shift correlate with if the store is making its daily or weekly goal. Overall it a a nice place.
Fun place to work with fun team
Sales/Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Great company discount
Cons: Lots of standing, Late nights
A typical day being a Stock Associate, is you get right to work. Shift starts regularly at 9pm (store closing) and you are required to lift, push, pull, sort out boxes of product and begin the sorting and folding of the shipment. The hours can be long but the people you have on your team makes a big difference. Hours are steady especially through the hoidays. My manager was great. The hardest part of the job is that it is very repetitive so make sure you are prepared for that. Overall, I had a good experience working at Gap Inc.
productive and fast pace work environment
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2016
I really enjoyed the time I was there and I picked up some brief of experience on the retail sector. I enjoyed helping customers and keeping my area neat and tidy
Great experience
Assistant General Manager - Merchandising (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 18, 2015
Gap was the reason I have the skills I do today, and why I have been successful in my career. I was with the company for a very long time, and learned a great deal from memorable leaders. The company is always looking out for the best for their employees, even through some harder times, the culture still maintained.
not so productive, MTO everyday
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 11, 2015
Pros: exdended lunches some weeks, growth pay was given to hard working employees
Cons: the shortage of hours, I was promised 30hrs a week and was making less the 15hrs
active putaway of gap merchandise, picking, packing, inventory inquiry was performed almost everyday, daily tasks changed everyday by the supervisor. The hardest part of the job was when there was full time hours the long amount of time spent on your feet was a killer. The most enjoyable part about the job was the coworkers
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2015
Pros: friendly staff; great management; meeting new people daily
Cons: inconsistent weekly hours
Awesome place to work with great managers and employees. Wide diversity of employees from different backgrounds and age groups. Have many opportunities to learn from both managers and coworkers. Very friendly and inclusive environment. Hardest parts are sale days and keeping customers appeased and patient. Most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people every day. Didn't get as many hours once holiday season started and new employees were hired.
Easy-going environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 27, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Positive work environment with friendly staff and management. Great customer service is a huge focus which is rewarded when recognized.
Worst job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, BCNovember 26, 2015
I was hired and then only given one shift in 3 months with no explanation. And the manager acts like she is a queen. The hardest part of job is talking to management because they are unavailable and act like you are not worth their time.
Fun place to work at
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 25, 2015
Pros: great co workers, management, benefits
Cons: must work on weekends and available to close
Very easy and enjoyable job
it gets very busy
management was extremely friendly, same with co-workers
you dont really get bored as there are many positions
Retail social skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 300 Borough Drive Scarborough, Ontario M1P 4P5November 3, 2015
Pros: 50% off all items
Cons: Socially challenging
Just as in most fields of retail, The Gap promoted a very great place to grow socially. Many of my social skills can be attributed to my employment here. The number of employees increased during the time spent but did not hinder our overall unity. Every person is always addressed on strength and weakness so striving to do better is a common goal all employees shared.

Can be a very political place due to the structure of command and thus can be somewhat deterring to future employees. Overall, the gap is a fun place to work and experience the retail workforce
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCOctober 30, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: rude staff, rude management, not enough hours
working here was alright. I found they did not care much about their staff. They did not provide great training. I learnt that retail was fun and it was great to help others. I did learn a lot from trial and error because I had to pretty much teach myself.
Co-workers werent fun, they didnt like a lot of people. If you were new they would always kick you off the till and put you in a spot that they didnt like. Hardest part of the job was enjoying myself in a workplace that I did not feel welcome. Most enjoyable was providing service to customers that was successful.
Fun and fast paced
Assistant Manager- Customer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2015
The Gap is great place to work. They pay well with great full time benefits. The down side to working retail is having job/work life balance.
SERVING AND SALE.
sTOCK CLERK (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: sometimes
Cons: none
hi my day at glenmoreinn was set tabble for wedding partys and birthday or halloween. clean up. serve customers .helping co workers too.
gap. my day is oranzices stock and cleaning and helping customers and co workers.
fun environment,job is easy and chill
Part-Time Sales associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2015
It was fun working there and getting to learn about gap and getting to know the retail word it was so much fun and oit was ammazing so great i loved it so many benefits
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 1, 2015
The environment is not stressful or hostile and often times the managers are nice. However, the pay is minimum wage or sometimes below minimumwage
The day I have handled consolidations
Business development (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, friendly atmosphere
Cons: tiring work
I earlier faced prob to take the carge and decision as it was complicated due to the loss invloved in the case here after i have checked alll the minor details and trust my gut skill and proceeded and succeeded
Work Experiences/ Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 24, 2015
This was my first job. I made a lot mistakes in the beginning but also at the same time learned a lot things from my supervisor and from my boss. It was part time job while I was studying in high school.
Headquarters