GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

good workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 March 2016
A typical day at work would be helping customers on the sales floor and in the fitting rooms. Also assisting on cash and open an closing the store when needed.
Good as an entry job. Gained a basic understanding of customer service.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2016
They will teach you a lot about customer service. They have a reasonable training system and the management team treats workers fairly.I was very lucky that all my co-workers were nice. Overall, I enjoyed working at the GAP.
Productive and Fun work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2016
The management is great. They really help you to improve on skills like sales and communication and they really encourage you to ask questions. The other co workers are very helpful and are always willing to answer questions or show you the best way to get work done as efficiently as possible. Over all GAP Factory South Keys really makes you feel like apart of the team and it is my privilege to work with them.
Productive and enjoyable workplace, great managers and co workers.
Sales Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
Productive and enjoyable workplace, with great managers and co workers. Each day brought a new experience and I was more than happy to be a part of such a great organization.
Great and Friendly atmosphere
stock & sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2016
Fun to work their and learn.. The shop always busy and every day you have something new to learn... I love the organization and flexible work schedule
great perks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2016
easy job for anyone once you know what you doing
great staff
management isn't the greatest as can but what management in retail usually is right?
Basic customer service job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 February 2016
It's just a survival job. It's really a matter of selling clothes. Nothing to it. They're flexible with hours, but, they don't have many hours to divid amongst the employees.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2016
Co-workers are fun. Discounts are good. Good workplace when you are in university. Very flexible but its challenging when there are no hours.
Pros
Treats at work
Cons
Challenging hours
great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 February 2016
It is always amazing to work as gap due to amazing co workers and stress free environment.
The managers are very caring and take care of the employees.
We always have lunches, get togethers, birthday parties etc.
very flexible hours
Pros
great environment
Cons
sometimes long hours
Work Experience at GAP
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON30 January 2016
A typical day at GAP Inc consists of processing merchandise throughout the store as well as cleaning up and providing excellent customer service. During my time at GAP Inc, I learned how to provide excellent customer service and manage multiple responsibilities at once. I also learned how to organize and process merchandise throughout the floor. My co-workers were all so helpful and positive as they had created the best learning/growing environment for new workers such as myself. For me, the hardest part about the job was cleaning up and seeing people make a mess of what I cleaned 2 seconds later. The most enjoyable part about the job was the working environment because all my coworkers were so friendly and outgoing.
Fun and productive
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON13 January 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find the right size and telling them about the great deals. It is a fun, energetic environment anybody would enjoy working here.
Great work environment
Sales associate (customer service/cashier) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2016
Old Navy is a great place to work at especially if you are a student. The employers are extremely friendly and cooperative.The only downfall is that there isn't much room for growth.Since they only offer part-time positions and hours per shift correlate with if the store is making its daily or weekly goal. Overall it a a nice place.
Fun place to work with fun team
Sales/Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2016
A typical day being a Stock Associate, is you get right to work. Shift starts regularly at 9pm (store closing) and you are required to lift, push, pull, sort out boxes of product and begin the sorting and folding of the shipment. The hours can be long but the people you have on your team makes a big difference. Hours are steady especially through the hoidays. My manager was great. The hardest part of the job is that it is very repetitive so make sure you are prepared for that. Overall, I had a good experience working at Gap Inc.
Pros
Great company discount
Cons
Lots of standing, Late nights
productive and fast pace work environment
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2016
I really enjoyed the time I was there and I picked up some brief of experience on the retail sector. I enjoyed helping customers and keeping my area neat and tidy
Excellent Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey-White Rock, BC,31 December 2015
The very Best GM I have ever had the pleasure of working with. The support and skills she shared with me are priceless. I will use and teach and pass on with every undertaking I pursue.

The knowledge and professionalism shared taught me to look above what I was used to and face each new situation with a positive direct approach.
Great experience
Assistant General Manager - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 December 2015
Gap was the reason I have the skills I do today, and why I have been successful in my career. I was with the company for a very long time, and learned a great deal from memorable leaders. The company is always looking out for the best for their employees, even through some harder times, the culture still maintained.
not so productive, MTO everyday
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2015
active putaway of gap merchandise, picking, packing, inventory inquiry was performed almost everyday, daily tasks changed everyday by the supervisor. The hardest part of the job was when there was full time hours the long amount of time spent on your feet was a killer. The most enjoyable part about the job was the coworkers
Pros
exdended lunches some weeks, growth pay was given to hard working employees
Cons
the shortage of hours, I was promised 30hrs a week and was making less the 15hrs
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2015
Awesome place to work with great managers and employees. Wide diversity of employees from different backgrounds and age groups. Have many opportunities to learn from both managers and coworkers. Very friendly and inclusive environment. Hardest parts are sale days and keeping customers appeased and patient. Most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people every day. Didn't get as many hours once holiday season started and new employees were hired.
Pros
friendly staff; great management; meeting new people daily
Cons
inconsistent weekly hours
Easy-going environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 November 2015
Positive work environment with friendly staff and management. Great customer service is a huge focus which is rewarded when recognized.
Pros
Employee discount
Worst job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 November 2015
I was hired and then only given one shift in 3 months with no explanation. And the manager acts like she is a queen. The hardest part of job is talking to management because they are unavailable and act like you are not worth their time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.