GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gap at Queen and Spadina, Toronto, ON29 June 2014
Working at Gap is always fun, I learned about customer service and the fashion industry in general. The management is approachable. My co-workers are easy to get along with and are also fun. The hardest part of the job is being able to find sizes for particular customers. The most enjoyable part, however, is when you make that customer happy because you did your best to help a customer.
Pros
Long hours.
It was a fun place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 May 2014
Gap Store was a great place to work because of the management and great job culture at work.
Pros
Management, culture
Cons
long hours during some days
Productive company that rewards dedication
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 July 2015
Very supportive Management. New ideas and hard work were appreciated here. Not too much politics and a definite respect for individuals needs.
Pros
GROW(work incentive program)
Great people, not-so-great corporate structure
Acting Brand Logistics Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2013
I stay in this position for the amazing people that work here. The employees are fun, the culture is pretty relaxed as well and the management team is laid back like the schedule.

Everything else is not flattering enough for me to comment on.
Pros
Great work culture, friendly staff and management
Cons
Very competitive, minimal pay, politics
Fun place, not enough hours
BRAND ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2016
A typical day at work would be folding clothes and interacting with customers, finding the perfect size and giving them a head's up about the sale that is going on for that particular day.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Spirited team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrefour Laval17 September 2012
Worked in a clean environment
Mixed cultures and ages
Well organized and understanding managment
Room for advancement
Wonderful clients that really made the day pass quickly
They are ready to teach you, if you are ready to learn.
Truly enjoyed my time here.
Pros
dynamic team
Cons
a lot of ridiculously long shifts
Its a great place to work and spectacular employees
Merchandiser processor (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Ontario28 January 2012
Gap Inc is one of the best employer till date form me. the management were such a friendly and warm welcoming peoples.as for the atmosphere, its a wonderful one. i'm trying to get new job one that would give me the experience i needed for my future career as an Accounting student.
Friendly staff and management team, great atmosphere
Brand Logistics Expert (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 January 2013
As a brand logistics expert I worked primarily with the brand and product side in store. I would delegate tasks and coach the team to meet KPIs. The management style here is great, with an emphasis on work like balance. Very customer and sales focused.
Pros
excellent work/life balance
Cons
erratic schedule
Prductive and fast.
Cherry Picker Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 April 2016
Productivity is important,I work doing drifferent functions.I help orginise events.In my department i pick and ship orders.
Pros
Shift
Cons
not enought hrs.
fun to work at when you get shifts
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
The Gap was a good retail job around busy holiday hours, but once the new year came around i was not being given any more shifts.
It was a very friendy envitroment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2014
A typical day at work was always busy so I was I always doing something. I learned great working skills such as how to speak with customers and also I learned a lot about the business and responsibility. I thought the management could have been better but overall I thought it was quite professional. I was really fond of my co workers, they were very friendly. the hardest part of my job was only when I did over nights but other than that it was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually working and keeping busy.
Pros
All the workers were friendly and had great communication skills.
Cons
I felt like the managers could have done a better job when giving hours.
Fun workplace
Merchandise processor (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON26 November 2014
My co workers at work are amazing, the management staff is very nice and supporting. The hardest part of my job would have to be the long hours but the most rewarding would be knowing how much work I got done.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Fun workplace and great staff to work with
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2015
A typical day at work includes greeting customers, selling the products, cleaning, folding clothes, and working the till. I gained lots of communication skills from conversing with customers and the staff. The management is really friendly and patient in training the staff. Co-workers are easy to get along with and super friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is suggesting clothes/outfits for the customers and helping them find clothes that best suit them. The hardest part of the job is the slow times when all there is to do is clean which is tiring when standing on your feet all day. Overall, a good job.
Pros
Occasional free donuts, and occasional staff parties
As a part-time seasonal employee the company provided basic benefits and work life balance
Order Picker - Seasonal - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2015
the work objective is to ensure that on-line orders from previous day to current day are out of the warehouse for delivery to customers.

We were assigned different tasks each day and within a shift, this is to ensure that we understand and appreciate the process from receiving the orders online to delivery to courier.

I learned to use the RF scanner, "Mouse Cart", and other warehouse tools and utilities.

Management is good considering that we are only seasonal/part-time and safety is number one in our work. Work is enjoyable and interactions with other staff is allowed and encourage as long as it will not interfere and hinder each others task.

I will look forward to working with Gap especially during peak shopping seasons.
Cons
Location of warehouse was not serviced by public transport after 12 midnight.
Worst job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 November 2015
I was hired and then only given one shift in 3 months with no explanation. And the manager acts like she is a queen. The hardest part of job is talking to management because they are unavailable and act like you are not worth their time.
Great Benefits, but lacklustre shift opportunities
sales associate (Current Employee) –  scarborough town centre26 May 2015
Its a standard retail job. Nothing special. I learned how to deal with pesky customers, and co-workers. The management team is usefully on top of their game. The co-workers make going into each shift fun and exciting. The hardest part of the job has to be getting a shift scheduled. Many of the employee's complain about only receiving a maximum of one shift per week. (This is very location specific) The most enjoyable part is, interacting with the customers to help them with what they need.
Pros
Good employee Discount
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Merchandise processor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2014
When you arrived for your shift you swiped in and waited for the shifts SOS meeting the supervisors held to inform employees what they would be doing for the shift, before we did a few stretches and began the shift. we had three breaks, and everybody was friendly and willing to help if you needed anything, there was no one particular person of head you had to go to discuss your problem, it could be any level of command.

Co workers and supervisors kept the energy up and going, being friendly was key

The hardest part of the job was long hours, and sometimes doing the same task for the whole shift. usually after the lunch break the supervisors would switch us to another task, but not always

the most enjoyable part of the job was the easygoing atmosphere the job had.
Pros
paid breaks, incentives, i.e. giftcards
Easy-going environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 November 2015
Positive work environment with friendly staff and management. Great customer service is a huge focus which is rewarded when recognized.
Pros
Employee discount
Managers who have no idea what they are doing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 May 2014
The store is a big mess. They hire inexperienced people and throw them onto the cash desk. Managers want their paychecks but aren't willing to do the work for it. Would much rather walk around looking busy, or simply go sit in the back office. Scheduling is horrible, 'sure id love to come in for 4 hours in the middle of the day and get cut after 2 hours". They have a bad habit of calling you on your day off and asking if you can come in for a 4 hour shift. One of the managers got the position in this location as they know one of the district managers, and this person has no idea how to work in a retail store. Which in turn means everyone else working that shift has to pick up the slack.
Pros
The only pro was the company discount
Cons
Unprofessional management team
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2013
A typical day at Gap would involve selling products to customers.

Gap was my first job and, I learned many transferable skills that I used at University and Beddington's such as: organization skills, time-management skills, communication skills, and learning to use the computer software.

The management at Gap consisted of four managers such as, three associate managers and one store manager. Typically all the management worked together to instil great customer service to their employees.

Co-workers were fun to work with because most of them were all close in age. We all got along quite well and helped one another when it was needed.

The hardest part of the job was learning the different sizes. Working at the children store the sizes ranged from newborn, infant, toddler and kids.

The most enjoyable part was working with the staff to make it a fun-filled environment and the customers.