GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Structure and routine
Assistant Manager/Men's and Kids Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON4 July 2016
Gap is the company that founded specialised clothing retail. They have been around long enough to know a lot about what works day in and day out and have structured themselves around what works. solid operational foundations, and realistic goals setting have made this a great learning enviornment.
A very good company as a start in Canada. They were very helpful to let me prepare for my medical certification in my profession
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2016
I work in Banana republic, Shops at Don Mills. My manager was so helpful with me, due to being new in Canada, and a mother of a 4 yrs old son. They appreciate hard workers, and offer managerial positions when they people are qualified. They were super helpful to let me take weeks off to prepare for my studying. Banana Republic and Gap company were the reason I could be successful again in my medical field due to their support.
Pros
Facilitating work due to life circumstances. A wonderful company with great staff members
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 June 2016
It's a great place to work, but working hours is not enough I hope I get more hours in the future.
I am a hardworking person and I have been working 12-14 hours a day but here it's very very short even not half of my previous job, you can't call it part time not even 20 hours a week.
I hope to get more in the future.
Pros
Stuff discounts
Cons
Very short hours
Inclusive and diverse, fun and flexible work environment!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
The Gap is a great company to work for and to contribute to! You learn more through interacting with team members, valuable customers, and the management team! It's an accepting and inclusive company, where associates and customers alike, all have something unique to bring!
Awful management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2016
Never scheduled enough workers especially in the mornings. Mornings often consisted of 2 managers, 1 cashier, and 1-2 floor people, a store this size requires more than 5 employees to run it. The store was never under scheduled due to lack of employees management always made sure there was 50+ employees at all times, they simply refused to give everyone the hours we all desperate need and deserve. On top of everything I cant even say we were at least given a superb discount to cancel out the lack of hours, there is nothing superb about 25%.
Typical Work Day at Gap
Seasonal/Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2016
Majority of the management team is composed of very hard-working dedicate, friendly people, however there are some exclusions as per usual.
Gap
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 June 2016
Best company i Worked for. Focus on the people and development. Good balance between trading and training. Environment diversify and strong leadership.
the teamwork was good and safe place however management tends to push workers to do more.
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2016
the day start with the team being assembled and work being assigned to each member. The work assigned could be done properly however the management pushes hard on workers.
Pros
teamwork was good and the pay was ok
Cons
the job was really hard and had to lift heavy and constant walking
Merchandiser, Sales Associate
Merchandiser, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2016
Enjoy Merchandising and Sales Associate Responsibilities. Jobs focused on creating an enjoyable Experience for Customers and increasing sales for the companies I have worked for and presently work for.

Creating clean, attractive displays and maintaining same, key to satisfying customer. Having a smile and positive attitude evident to customer that I enjoy my day to day responsibilities.
Pros
Clean store, good management, learning new skills, good customer experiences ongoing
Cons
Only if pros are not followed, and they are continually followed by myself
very good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  south edmonton common17 May 2016
Close knit and kind team members who were a lot of fun to work with and very encouraging. Managers were very flexible and considerate at work.
Gap Outlet
PART TIME EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Toronto Premium Outlets15 May 2016
It was a great experience that helped me to learn the basics of retail work. The enviroment was very fast paced and friendly.
Okay Environment
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2016
The working environment is okay. However, their management keeps changing. Not much opportunities for advancement.
Fun workplace environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON5 May 2016
I enjoy meeting new people on a daily basis and assisting them in whatever it is they are looking for. I have a passion to learn and grow within a company and Gap has fulfilled this passion.
No real management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 May 2016
All the managers are on a power trip and will be sure to let you know where the power stands. Lack of respect makes for a not so productive work environment
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale Mall29 April 2016
It's all about the people with Gap, Inc! The company seems to attract fun and passionate individuals. It feels like a family when you find the right fit. Unfortunately, the dynamic is apt to change quickly with new management and the opportunities for growth seem limited unless you can balance absolute commitment to your job with flux hours and minimum wage.
Pros
Good Employee Discount, Good Management, Good Company Values
Cons
Fluctuating Hours, Low Wages, Changing Environment
Cool place to work for young people.
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2016
Typical shift consists of greeting the customers and letting them know about the new deals or promotions, tidying up when there are no customers.
Pros
Discount on clothing.
Cons
Very fast-paced.
About Gap Inc.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2016
The work environment was very upbeat and diverse, everyone was very well knit together and welcoming. Management was great with answering any questions or acknowledging any concerns, the hardest part of the job was balancing my core classes and working late. I really enjoyed the people and the interesting customers that I met while working there as well, I have created friendships outside of Gap Inc.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Long evening shifts
Assez bon emploi
Associé à la vente (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC24 April 2016
C’est extrêmement motivant d’être dans une entreprise à forte croissance
Pros
rabais employé, horaire flexible et gérant agréable
Cons
magasin toujours en désordre et beaucoup de coupures d'heures
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2016
Fun time with nice people, but what I'm disappointed is when you have to reach the Head Office, it's really hard to understand what they are saying at the phone and reach the good person. Also, when i quite the Job, it took a months and half to had my last pay check and pay stub, and i never had my T4 for my tax return.
Fun place, not enough hours
BRAND ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2016
A typical day at work would be folding clothes and interacting with customers, finding the perfect size and giving them a head's up about the sale that is going on for that particular day.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.