GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2015
a typical day working at gap is great always come with a smile on my face greeting my co-workers. i learned how to work and control a fitting room, how to fold clothes and how to set up designs in stores. management is amazing always helping me and always being nice i respect them. co-workers were nice to great people. the hardest part of my job was the long hours other than that it was a great experience. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and making new friends,
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
Great Benefits, but lacklustre shift opportunities
sales associate (Current Employee) –  scarborough town centre26 May 2015
Its a standard retail job. Nothing special. I learned how to deal with pesky customers, and co-workers. The management team is usefully on top of their game. The co-workers make going into each shift fun and exciting. The hardest part of the job has to be getting a shift scheduled. Many of the employee's complain about only receiving a maximum of one shift per week. (This is very location specific) The most enjoyable part is, interacting with the customers to help them with what they need.
Pros
Good employee Discount
Cons
Not Enough Hours
The day I have handled consolidations
Business development (Former Employee) –  Toronto26 August 2015
I earlier faced prob to take the carge and decision as it was complicated due to the loss invloved in the case here after i have checked alll the minor details and trust my gut skill and proceeded and succeeded
Pros
Free lunch, friendly atmosphere
Cons
tiring work
GAP
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2015
I developed my sales and customer service skills. I learn a lot about clothing and quality and how customer satisfaction is important in every business. I learned that a business can only be successful if it could satisfy its customer.
Pros
I was very proud that I had a job in a good retail company.
Cons
I had less time to study
Easy-going environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 November 2015
Positive work environment with friendly staff and management. Great customer service is a huge focus which is rewarded when recognized.
Pros
Employee discount
Terrible Hours
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 June 2015
During my (group) interview, it went very well. All of the people in the interview got hired. Since working there for only 3 months, i've had maybe 8-10 shifts. In the past 2 weeks I have received 0 hours. The maximum hours I have worked is 5 hours.

Although the workers are great, it's just terrible getting no hours.
Pros
50% Discount!
Cons
Little to no hours.
An Awesome Store
Clothier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2015
I love working there and looking at all the diverse clothes & customers. I have a nice manger, who's cool and understanding. I 'm there at The Gap as a Co-Op Student. I fold clothes & I make them look presentable. Sometimes I'll unpack shipments of clothing, sort hangers and sort clothes in the back of the store. Most of the time, I'm in the front meeting with the customer's needs by, doing price check ups, escorting them to the fitting room or directing them to their product.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Productive and smooth work environment
Sales Associate Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2015
Restocking new products on time,and very fast pace depending on how busy it is.How to deal with customers and a lot about fashion. Management was great,they ran a great work place for everyone.The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the clothes at the end of the shift,but the co-workers made it easier because we all worked together to make it not as hard as it was.Learning about fashion was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive but fun.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, Ontario10 March 2015
A typical day at work for me would be to start with meeting with the supervisor to find out where would be for the shift. Whether it is in fittings, cash, etc. Management is great and are easy to work with. I find that they make work fun. My co-workers are easy going. We are basically one big family. The hardest part about working here is there there are too many people working here and not enough hours to go around. I'd like a job where I can work 15hours a week minimum. And the most enjoyable part about my job is interacting with the customers. I love meeting new people and hope that I can make a great impression so that they will want to come back.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Too many people work there, not enough hours for everyone.
Great employees but very boring industry to work.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  kitchener ontario26 May 2015
To begin with the shifts in a retail job are not long at all, because the hours mostly depended on how well the store was doing on a weekly bases. The first thing that every employee must go through before every shift was the 1 minute meeting. In this 1 minute meeting the manager/team lead would tell the employee the new promotions and sells as well as minimum price goal for day. The best part about the job was the co-workers as well as the managers. I had the privilege to work with some amazing people. My managers were not only promotional but also nice and down to earth. As for my co-workers, all of them seemed way to nice. In my short time at the gap I learned how to properly make a sale using the promotions and discounts offered daily.
Pros
The discount card
Cons
Although all my shifts were only 3-4 hours they felt much longer then that.
SERVING AND SALE.
sTOCK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2015
hi my day at glenmoreinn was set tabble for wedding partys and birthday or halloween. clean up. serve customers .helping co workers too.
gap. my day is oranzices stock and cleaning and helping customers and co workers.
Pros
sometimes
Cons
overall good environment and good experience.
Associé aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC27 April 2015
Usually started off the day with unloading merchandise off the truck and placing them in categories to make placement easier when done. would either work on the cash registrars or on the floor dealing with clients or rearranging piles. worked alongside with good co-workers and enjoyed the work.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise.
Fun workplace and great staff to work with
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2015
A typical day at work includes greeting customers, selling the products, cleaning, folding clothes, and working the till. I gained lots of communication skills from conversing with customers and the staff. The management is really friendly and patient in training the staff. Co-workers are easy to get along with and super friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is suggesting clothes/outfits for the customers and helping them find clothes that best suit them. The hardest part of the job is the slow times when all there is to do is clean which is tiring when standing on your feet all day. Overall, a good job.
Pros
Occasional free donuts, and occasional staff parties
Great company that does a lot for community
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2015
Gap Factory cares about its employees. Constantly trying to incorporate fun things into your typical day at work. Although sometimes there is high expectations with little payroll hours.
Great family environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississiauga, ON, (and Ottawa, ON)3 February 2015
Can be a busy and stressful environment, especially during big sale weekends, but I had a great team to lean on when I needed to. I learned a lot about the retail business over my 4 years there. Management was great in every store I have worked at (which is several). The hardest part of the job is the varying hours based on the time of year. The most enjoyable part is the people that I got to work with.
Fun Place minus the management team
Merchandising Specialist - Boys Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2015
At Gap i had some of the most amazing co-workers. I absolutely enjoyed working there because the environment was fun. My only problem was with management. There was a lot of favoritism within the store which i didn't like. The hardest part of working at Gap just like any other retail store is the rude customers. That is something i got used to, and learned how to deal with it in a respective manner.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Favoritism by the management team
Productive and fun work place with fast paced team work.
Pick and Pack person. (Former Employee) –  Milton, Ontario14 January 2015
A little bit difficult in the beginning, but with help of supervisors and co-workers it became very fun and challenging. I was able to pick up most of the tasks within a short period and was on my own in no-time and from then on it was so much fun and learned a lot about online orders and handling of goods.
Pros
Was offered full-time position after the seasonal work was over.
Cons
Long hours (10 hours shift).
Gaptastic!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby and Pacific Centre22 February 2015
Great diverse working environment
truly and amazing place to work at.

everyday was the same yet different,
there wes different challenges everyday and new experiences...

management is very supportive and friendly, the workplace was like a
big family, everyone was very open and inclusive

hardest part of the job will always probably be leaving, it feels like time is running too fast...
Pros
Great environment
Gossipy and unfriendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 December 2014
Managers will often gossip behind the sales assoc. back. You are treated poorly if you aren't considered anything higher than sales floor. All the keyholders do is boss people around and make you feel uncomfortable. There is no room for advancement so forget it. And if you are hoping for more than 3 hours a week then forget it! Keep looking.. not worth the stress.
Pros
Get to see latest styles, friendly sales floor team (most of the time)
Cons
Uncomfortable environment, gossiping, bullying, no shifts.
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2014
Working at Gap for 6 years helped me gain self-confidence. A typical day at work would consist of me assisting customers and helping them meet their needs when it comes to choosing the right outfit either for themselves or as a gift. I would then proceed to either offering a changing room or proceeding to check out. The management are open minded and are always there to help when an employee is struggling with anything during their shifts. The atmosphere at Gap was very kind and friendly and I enjoyed working there for 6 years.
Pros
Flexible hours/shifts
Cons
Not enough hours given