GAP Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

My best minimum wage job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  dufferin mall, toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2013
It is typically busy because it is a Factory Store and located at Dufferin mall. Believe or not, I learned a lot. It taught me how deal with different kinds of people. It developed my interpersonal skills. It also improved my problem solving skills. The management is very professional, caring and respectful. They promote teamwork. People might think that my job is too easy because ' I just fold clothes'. However, sales associates like me deals with different kind of personalities everyday. The hardest part of the job is having to interact with customers with strong personality. The most enjoying part however, is when I am able to make customers happy by being able to find their size, letting them know about a current promotion , etc. And of course, making them loyal customers
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
very busy
A productive and enjoyable workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 25, 2013
Working for the GapKids was a great experience. The management staff and my co-workers were hard-working, kind, and approachable. Every day was a team effort in helping out each customer and getting tasks done such as receiving and putting out new product, maintaining the tidiness of the store, and displaying promotions. The hardest part of the job would be the early-morning shifts for receiving shipments, but the most enjoyable part was helping customers pick out outfits for gifts and being able to do this alongside a great team. Through working for the GapKids I have improved my customer service skills, gained cashier-experience, and learned the importance of team effort.
Fun workplace and great staff to work with
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day at work includes greeting customers, selling the products, cleaning, folding clothes, and working the till. I gained lots of communication skills from conversing with customers and the staff. The management is really friendly and patient in training the staff. Co-workers are easy to get along with and super friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is suggesting clothes/outfits for the customers and helping them find clothes that best suit them. The hardest part of the job is the slow times when all there is to do is clean which is tiring when standing on your feet all day. Overall, a good job.
Pros
occasional free donuts, and occasional staff parties
SERVING AND SALE.
sTOCK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2015
hi my day at glenmoreinn was set tabble for wedding partys and birthday or halloween. clean up. serve customers .helping co workers too.
gap. my day is oranzices stock and cleaning and helping customers and co workers.
Pros
sometimes
Cons
Great company that does a lot for community
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Gap Factory cares about its employees. Constantly trying to incorporate fun things into your typical day at work. Although sometimes there is high expectations with little payroll hours.
Really productive and a fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, OntarioJuly 30, 2015
The few months i had worked at Gap were the best few months i had considering it was seasonal. Everyone was really friendly, it honestly felt like i was at home, my coworkers, my managers were amazing and supportive. Overall everyone was treated like a family at Gap, one of my best job experience so far.
Pros
discounts, improved my customer service skills
Cons
n/a
The day I have handled consolidations
Business development (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 26, 2015
I earlier faced prob to take the carge and decision as it was complicated due to the loss invloved in the case here after i have checked alll the minor details and trust my gut skill and proceeded and succeeded
Pros
Free lunch, friendly atmosphere
Cons
tiring work
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 1, 2015
The environment is not stressful or hostile and often times the managers are nice. However, the pay is minimum wage or sometimes below minimumwage
As a part-time seasonal employee the company provided basic benefits and work life balance
Order Picker - Seasonal - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2015
the work objective is to ensure that on-line orders from previous day to current day are out of the warehouse for delivery to customers.

We were assigned different tasks each day and within a shift, this is to ensure that we understand and appreciate the process from receiving the orders online to delivery to courier.

I learned to use the RF scanner, "Mouse Cart", and other warehouse tools and utilities.

Management is good considering that we are only seasonal/part-time and safety is number one in our work. Work is enjoyable and interactions with other staff is allowed and encourage as long as it will not interfere and hinder each others task.

I will look forward to working with Gap especially during peak shopping seasons.
Cons
location of warehouse was not serviced by public transport after 12 midnight.
Amazing working experience
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
The people were amazing, the work was hard but always worth it with a generous weekly pay. I never thought I could move non-stop for 9 hours a day (1hr to allot to breaks) and walk out the door with a smile every time.

They tried to shift everyone around to keep our work ethic, bodies and minds fresh, but "picking" was definitely the most fun and physically demanding job I've ever had. I loved it. Couldn't ask for a better job! :)

Kudos to the supervisor that fought to give the employees the right to play their own music at their workstations as well. This kept employees happy and enthusiastic for the shifts, through all the hard work.

All of my co-workers were definitely of the most interesting, friendly, loving and unforgettable stature.

Wish it didn't end so soon!
Pros
the people, the music, weekly pay!
Cons
going home sweaty every day
Work Experiences/ Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 24, 2015
This was my first job. I made a lot mistakes in the beginning but also at the same time learned a lot things from my supervisor and from my boss. It was part time job while I was studying in high school.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Merchandise processor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2014
When you arrived for your shift you swiped in and waited for the shifts SOS meeting the supervisors held to inform employees what they would be doing for the shift, before we did a few stretches and began the shift. we had three breaks, and everybody was friendly and willing to help if you needed anything, there was no one particular person of head you had to go to discuss your problem, it could be any level of command.

Co workers and supervisors kept the energy up and going, being friendly was key

The hardest part of the job was long hours, and sometimes doing the same task for the whole shift. usually after the lunch break the supervisors would switch us to another task, but not always

the most enjoyable part of the job was the easygoing atmosphere the job had.
Pros
paid breaks, incentives, i.e. giftcards
Great learning environment
Assistant General Manager - Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2015
Very broad work environment but my main role is how to use visual marketing to affect positively sales and people, with the purpose to generate a better bossiness results.
Pros
daily learning challenge
Cons
Very long hours (could get up to 100hrs a week)
Terrible Hours
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 16, 2015
During my (group) interview, it went very well. All of the people in the interview got hired. Since working there for only 3 months, i've had maybe 8-10 shifts. In the past 2 weeks I have received 0 hours. The maximum hours I have worked is 5 hours.

Although the workers are great, it's just terrible getting no hours.
Pros
50% Discount!
Cons
Little to no hours.
Fast paced environment,that actualy taught you step by step
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bloor St,Erin Mills TowncentreJune 26, 2013
Gap inc was a really great company to work for, they were the training ground for exceptional customer service and great fashion sense. When I first started at Gap kids, there were training sessions that I had to attend, the sessions taught us about the company as a whole,policies and procedures etc as well as what the brand stood for Q.V.S which was quality, value and style.They had a product knowledge binder that was an awesome tool,where you could find out all the information that you needed on current and past merchandise. I enjoyed my time with them....
Pros
going to the film festival one year because gap did the giveaways
Cons
long hours for "flow" floor set, but it was a great experience.
Enthusiastic and dynamic work environmen
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJune 20, 2015
Upbeat atmosphere
Organized management
Co-workers are friendly and welcoming
Dealing with fast paced environment was the hardest
Sometimes, customers are very difficult
Overall was a great experience
Nice Discount not worth the drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCAugust 9, 2014
I genuinely don't review things but i think people should know about Gap- Whistler before applying.

The job isn't hard, and the wage is competitive considering whistlers reputation.

However working for the GM is a nightmare. She doesn't know how to properly communicate or deal with confrontation. The rest of the managers are great and are just trying to do there best with the management situation at the store.

The co workers are awesome too but after a while dealing with the tension in the store
Pros
50% discount
Cons
bad general manager, clothing quality is subpar
Productive and smooth work environment
Sales Associate Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
Restocking new products on time,and very fast pace depending on how busy it is.How to deal with customers and a lot about fashion. Management was great,they ran a great work place for everyone.The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the clothes at the end of the shift,but the co-workers made it easier because we all worked together to make it not as hard as it was.Learning about fashion was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gap at Queen and Spadina, Toronto, ONJune 29, 2014
Working at Gap is always fun, I learned about customer service and the fashion industry in general. The management is approachable. My co-workers are easy to get along with and are also fun. The hardest part of the job is being able to find sizes for particular customers. The most enjoyable part, however, is when you make that customer happy because you did your best to help a customer.
Pros
long hours.
GAP
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2015
I developed my sales and customer service skills. I learn a lot about clothing and quality and how customer satisfaction is important in every business. I learned that a business can only be successful if it could satisfy its customer.
Pros
I was very proud that I had a job in a good retail company.
Cons
I had less time to study