GAP Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

The day I have handled consolidations
Business development (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 26, 2015
I earlier faced prob to take the carge and decision as it was complicated due to the loss invloved in the case here after i have checked alll the minor details and trust my gut skill and proceeded and succeeded
Pros
Free lunch, friendly atmosphere
Cons
tiring work
Work Experiences/ Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 24, 2015
This was my first job. I made a lot mistakes in the beginning but also at the same time learned a lot things from my supervisor and from my boss. It was part time job while I was studying in high school.
Productive but Not Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LethbridgeAugust 18, 2015
Working here was definitely not the greatest experience. Though their training is unparalleled and they definitely care about their customers, it felt as if they cared little about their employees. I started and I was willing to work as many hours as needed around my schedule and even though I was repeatedly told I was one of the best workers, I was given no hours for months even after asking for some. I tried to get in to contact with the management team and was hung up on - so I ended up quitting through email. Besides this, the focus on what is happening in the store is very manageable and coworkers are expected to help out everyone.
Pros
Excellent Training
Cons
Managment
each location may be different
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2015
Management is intimidating, uses bullying tactics. Employees are mostly students. Good for starting in retail. Each location may be different, but having worked personally at 3 stores over 5 years, I did not notice much difference.
Pros
flexible hours for students, retail experience
Cons
hours not reliable, expect low hours, managers attitude, no communication between team
Really productive and a fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, OntarioJuly 30, 2015
The few months i had worked at Gap were the best few months i had considering it was seasonal. Everyone was really friendly, it honestly felt like i was at home, my coworkers, my managers were amazing and supportive. Overall everyone was treated like a family at Gap, one of my best job experience so far.
Pros
discounts, improved my customer service skills
Cons
n/a
Productive company that rewards dedication
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 17, 2015
Very supportive Management. New ideas and hard work were appreciated here. Not too much politics and a definite respect for individuals needs.
Pros
GROW(work incentive program)
GAP
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2015
I developed my sales and customer service skills. I learn a lot about clothing and quality and how customer satisfaction is important in every business. I learned that a business can only be successful if it could satisfy its customer.
Pros
I was very proud that I had a job in a good retail company.
Cons
I had less time to study
A past paced and diverse workplace
Merchandise Handler (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ONJuly 6, 2015
Gap Inc. has a fast paced work environment, that allows workers to exercise their skills in many different functions. A typical day consists of picking orders, packing them, and shipping them to the customer.
Fun workplace
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto Eaton CenterJune 23, 2015
This is a great job for Interns and people who are going to school/ college. The environment is great and the managers are very friendly.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
not too many hours
Enthusiastic and dynamic work environmen
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJune 20, 2015
Upbeat atmosphere
Organized management
Co-workers are friendly and welcoming
Dealing with fast paced environment was the hardest
Sometimes, customers are very difficult
Overall was a great experience
Great Team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCJune 16, 2015
The best part of my job was working with my coworkers. We saw each other outside of work hours, it was like my second family.
Terrible Hours
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 16, 2015
During my (group) interview, it went very well. All of the people in the interview got hired. Since working there for only 3 months, i've had maybe 8-10 shifts. In the past 2 weeks I have received 0 hours. The maximum hours I have worked is 5 hours.

Although the workers are great, it's just terrible getting no hours.
Pros
50% Discount!
Cons
Little to no hours.
Very Friendly Environment
Label/Invoice printers to assist users on-demand (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 29, 2015
There is no pressure and you can learn lots of things.
You can study in your free times.Manager/users are so friendly. There is lots of learning opportunities. I was working for 4 months and learned allot.
Pros
Very relaxed. Employee discount of 50%
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
a typical day working at gap is great always come with a smile on my face greeting my co-workers. i learned how to work and control a fitting room, how to fold clothes and how to set up designs in stores. management is amazing always helping me and always being nice i respect them. co-workers were nice to great people. the hardest part of my job was the long hours other than that it was a great experience. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and making new friends,
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
Great employees but very boring industry to work.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  kitchener ontarioMay 26, 2015
To begin with the shifts in a retail job are not long at all, because the hours mostly depended on how well the store was doing on a weekly bases. The first thing that every employee must go through before every shift was the 1 minute meeting. In this 1 minute meeting the manager/team lead would tell the employee the new promotions and sells as well as minimum price goal for day. The best part about the job was the co-workers as well as the managers. I had the privilege to work with some amazing people. My managers were not only promotional but also nice and down to earth. As for my co-workers, all of them seemed way to nice. In my short time at the gap I learned how to properly make a sale using the promotions and discounts offered daily.
Pros
The discount card
Cons
Although all my shifts were only 3-4 hours they felt much longer then that.
Great Benefits, but lacklustre shift opportunities
sales associate (Current Employee) –  scarborough town centreMay 26, 2015
Its a standard retail job. Nothing special. I learned how to deal with pesky customers, and co-workers. The management team is usefully on top of their game. The co-workers make going into each shift fun and exciting. The hardest part of the job has to be getting a shift scheduled. Many of the employee's complain about only receiving a maximum of one shift per week. (This is very location specific) The most enjoyable part is, interacting with the customers to help them with what they need.
Pros
Good employee Discount
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Temporary work with a great company
Seasonal Merchandising Processor (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time at the GAP. It was a temporary position. I was given the opportunity to train others.

Daily tasks were delegated by the managers, so everyday you did a different type task.
GAP
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONMay 12, 2015
Laid back friendly environment. Generally comfortable place to work. staff and customers were friendly as well. Hardest part would be to finish the shift with the original goal set in place.
Pros
40% discount
Working with kids
Merchandiser Handler (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ONMay 6, 2015
Here I got to work with kids and it was fun. I understand what I enjoy which is teaching and learning. I got to be creative with activities and other games.
Fun workplace, nice coworkers
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 1, 2015
Dynamic environment
training on site
qualified managers, and comprenhensive with beginners
Friendly environment to learn
good workforce diversity management
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
so many people competitng for hours