GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2016
Fun time with nice people, but what I'm disappointed is when you have to reach the Head Office, it's really hard to understand what they are saying at the phone and reach the good person. Also, when i quite the Job, it took a months and half to had my last pay check and pay stub, and i never had my T4 for my tax return.
Excellent Environemt
Boy's Section Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Rocky View , Calgary, AB28 December 2013
The greatest part about Gap is that there are all kinds of customers, of all ages and it's a great place for any Associate to gain experience. There are also enjoyable benefits and some enjoyable events depending on your area.
Pros
learned customer service skills, great work .
Cons
short breaks
Great Team!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 December 2012
IT was very fun working at Gap. The management were okay. But the team was fabulous. I was able to take a bunch of vacation and they were VERY flexibles with hours because we were all students.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
salary
Good as an entry job. Gained a basic understanding of customer service.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2016
They will teach you a lot about customer service. They have a reasonable training system and the management team treats workers fairly.I was very lucky that all my co-workers were nice. Overall, I enjoyed working at the GAP.
Great experience
Assistant General Manager - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 December 2015
Gap was the reason I have the skills I do today, and why I have been successful in my career. I was with the company for a very long time, and learned a great deal from memorable leaders. The company is always looking out for the best for their employees, even through some harder times, the culture still maintained.
Fun place to work with fun team
Sales/Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2016
A typical day being a Stock Associate, is you get right to work. Shift starts regularly at 9pm (store closing) and you are required to lift, push, pull, sort out boxes of product and begin the sorting and folding of the shipment. The hours can be long but the people you have on your team makes a big difference. Hours are steady especially through the hoidays. My manager was great. The hardest part of the job is that it is very repetitive so make sure you are prepared for that. Overall, I had a good experience working at Gap Inc.
Pros
Great company discount
Cons
Lots of standing, Late nights
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2015
Awesome place to work with great managers and employees. Wide diversity of employees from different backgrounds and age groups. Have many opportunities to learn from both managers and coworkers. Very friendly and inclusive environment. Hardest parts are sale days and keeping customers appeased and patient. Most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people every day. Didn't get as many hours once holiday season started and new employees were hired.
Pros
friendly staff; great management; meeting new people daily
Cons
inconsistent weekly hours
Great atmosphere
Sales/Stock Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
Great environment/atmosphere to work around. Supportive management and team that will always motivate you to do your best.
Fun workplace environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON5 May 2016
I enjoy meeting new people on a daily basis and assisting them in whatever it is they are looking for. I have a passion to learn and grow within a company and Gap has fulfilled this passion.
very good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  south edmonton common17 May 2016
Close knit and kind team members who were a lot of fun to work with and very encouraging. Managers were very flexible and considerate at work.
good environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  220 Yonge St30 March 2016
open and welcoming environment to work in with really friendly people
good employee discount
friendly and open-minded staff and management
Gap Outlet
PART TIME EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Toronto Premium Outlets15 May 2016
It was a great experience that helped me to learn the basics of retail work. The enviroment was very fast paced and friendly.
No real management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 May 2016
All the managers are on a power trip and will be sure to let you know where the power stands. Lack of respect makes for a not so productive work environment
Loved doing order picking.
OPS driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 May 2013
It was a fun place to work at.
Made good friends.
Salary was good in the beginning.
Hardest part was to stay in 99% of productivity at the end of the day.
worked there almost 5 years.
Pros
hybrid shift
Cons
had good friends working with me.
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC30 October 2015
working here was alright. I found they did not care much about their staff. They did not provide great training. I learnt that retail was fun and it was great to help others. I did learn a lot from trial and error because I had to pretty much teach myself.
Co-workers werent fun, they didnt like a lot of people. If you were new they would always kick you off the till and put you in a spot that they didnt like. Hardest part of the job was enjoying myself in a workplace that I did not feel welcome. Most enjoyable was providing service to customers that was successful.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
rude staff, rude management, not enough hours
Fun place, not enough hours
BRAND ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2016
A typical day at work would be folding clothes and interacting with customers, finding the perfect size and giving them a head's up about the sale that is going on for that particular day.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
Not enough hours
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2015
a typical day working at gap is great always come with a smile on my face greeting my co-workers. i learned how to work and control a fitting room, how to fold clothes and how to set up designs in stores. management is amazing always helping me and always being nice i respect them. co-workers were nice to great people. the hardest part of my job was the long hours other than that it was a great experience. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and making new friends,
Pros
nice co-workers
Job Advancement
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2015
Banana Republic gives an amazing job advancement opportunity. Very open, and flexible hours to choose from to fit you life, work and school life. A very organized management team to keep the day flowing smoothly and making sure they could run the business successfully.

A very friendly and helpful team of co-workers, everyone helping each other out to make sure customer service is top priority. I loved the customer service oriented environment at Banana Republic.

The hardest part about the job would be the stress when it gets very crowded on holidays or weekends. Typical days at Banana Republic is quite busy, but it gets very crowded on weekends and it makes it difficult to attend to all customers and maintain a clean work environment.

The most enjoyable part about the job would be the organized managers, who run the day so smoothly. The friendly team of staff who are always willing to coordinate.
Pros
Lots of hours, balancing life and work
Cons
Stressful environment
fun to work at when you get shifts
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
The Gap was a good retail job around busy holiday hours, but once the new year came around i was not being given any more shifts.
My best minimum wage job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  dufferin mall, toronto, ON2 September 2013
It is typically busy because it is a Factory Store and located at Dufferin mall. Believe or not, I learned a lot. It taught me how deal with different kinds of people. It developed my interpersonal skills. It also improved my problem solving skills. The management is very professional, caring and respectful. They promote teamwork. People might think that my job is too easy because ' I just fold clothes'. However, sales associates like me deals with different kind of personalities everyday. The hardest part of the job is having to interact with customers with strong personality. The most enjoying part however, is when I am able to make customers happy by being able to find their size, letting them know about a current promotion , etc. And of course, making them loyal customers
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
very busy