GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Easy-going environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 27, 2015
Positive work environment with friendly staff and management. Great customer service is a huge focus which is rewarded when recognized.
Pros
Employee discount
Worst job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 26, 2015
I was hired and then only given one shift in 3 months with no explanation. And the manager acts like she is a queen. The hardest part of job is talking to management because they are unavailable and act like you are not worth their time.
Fun place to work at
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONNovember 25, 2015
Very easy and enjoyable job
it gets very busy
management was extremely friendly, same with co-workers
you dont really get bored as there are many positions
Pros
great co workers, management, benefits
Cons
must work on weekends and available to close
Retail social skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  300 Borough Drive Scarborough, Ontario M1P 4P5November 3, 2015
Just as in most fields of retail, The Gap promoted a very great place to grow socially. Many of my social skills can be attributed to my employment here. The number of employees increased during the time spent but did not hinder our overall unity. Every person is always addressed on strength and weakness so striving to do better is a common goal all employees shared.

Can be a very political place due to the structure of command and thus can be somewhat deterring to future employees. Overall, the gap is a fun place to work and experience the retail workforce
Pros
50% off all items
Cons
Socially challenging
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCOctober 30, 2015
working here was alright. I found they did not care much about their staff. They did not provide great training. I learnt that retail was fun and it was great to help others. I did learn a lot from trial and error because I had to pretty much teach myself.
Co-workers werent fun, they didnt like a lot of people. If you were new they would always kick you off the till and put you in a spot that they didnt like. Hardest part of the job was enjoying myself in a workplace that I did not feel welcome. Most enjoyable was providing service to customers that was successful.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
rude staff, rude management, not enough hours
Fun workplace with a good management team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCOctober 27, 2015
- Performed head cashier activities such as opening and closing of the registers.
- Interviewed prospective employees during Job Fair.
- Trained new employees in customer service, selling techniques, and cash operations.
- Maintained visual displays by ensuring mannequins were dressed appropriately and in line with the company’s requirements.
Pros
Customer service is the main focus
Cons
No recognition for hard work
Fun and fast paced
Assistant Manager- Customer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2015
The Gap is great place to work. They pay well with great full time benefits. The down side to working retail is having job/work life balance.
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  south commonSeptember 22, 2015
Management is friendly and understanding. Very friendly coworkers, flexible work hours for students. It was a fun and warm environment to work in.
SERVING AND SALE.
sTOCK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2015
hi my day at glenmoreinn was set tabble for wedding partys and birthday or halloween. clean up. serve customers .helping co workers too.
gap. my day is oranzices stock and cleaning and helping customers and co workers.
Pros
sometimes
Cons
Great company that does a lot for community
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Gap Factory cares about its employees. Constantly trying to incorporate fun things into your typical day at work. Although sometimes there is high expectations with little payroll hours.
fun environment,job is easy and chill
Part-Time Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2015
It was fun working there and getting to learn about gap and getting to know the retail word it was so much fun and oit was ammazing so great i loved it so many benefits
Venture to deliver fun, inviting culture - but fall short with complete lack of work life balance.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  EdmontonSeptember 7, 2015
Although Old Navy strives to remain in touch with its people, they miss the point by setting extremely high, at times unattainable expectations. In turn leading to frustration at all levels for field employees.
Pros
Good discount, fair benefits
Cons
Long hours, high expectations, high turn over
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 1, 2015
The environment is not stressful or hostile and often times the managers are nice. However, the pay is minimum wage or sometimes below minimumwage
The day I have handled consolidations
Business development (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 26, 2015
I earlier faced prob to take the carge and decision as it was complicated due to the loss invloved in the case here after i have checked alll the minor details and trust my gut skill and proceeded and succeeded
Pros
Free lunch, friendly atmosphere
Cons
tiring work
Work Experiences/ Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 24, 2015
This was my first job. I made a lot mistakes in the beginning but also at the same time learned a lot things from my supervisor and from my boss. It was part time job while I was studying in high school.
Productive but Not Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LethbridgeAugust 18, 2015
Working here was definitely not the greatest experience. Though their training is unparalleled and they definitely care about their customers, it felt as if they cared little about their employees. I started and I was willing to work as many hours as needed around my schedule and even though I was repeatedly told I was one of the best workers, I was given no hours for months even after asking for some. I tried to get in to contact with the management team and was hung up on - so I ended up quitting through email. Besides this, the focus on what is happening in the store is very manageable and coworkers are expected to help out everyone.
Pros
Excellent Training
Cons
Managment
each location may be different
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2015
Management is intimidating, uses bullying tactics. Employees are mostly students. Good for starting in retail. Each location may be different, but having worked personally at 3 stores over 5 years, I did not notice much difference.
Pros
flexible hours for students, retail experience
Cons
hours not reliable, expect low hours, managers attitude, no communication between team
Really productive and a fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, OntarioJuly 30, 2015
The few months i had worked at Gap were the best few months i had considering it was seasonal. Everyone was really friendly, it honestly felt like i was at home, my coworkers, my managers were amazing and supportive. Overall everyone was treated like a family at Gap, one of my best job experience so far.
Pros
discounts, improved my customer service skills
Cons
n/a
Productive company that rewards dedication
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 17, 2015
Very supportive Management. New ideas and hard work were appreciated here. Not too much politics and a definite respect for individuals needs.
Pros
GROW(work incentive program)
GAP
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2015
I developed my sales and customer service skills. I learn a lot about clothing and quality and how customer satisfaction is important in every business. I learned that a business can only be successful if it could satisfy its customer.
Pros
I was very proud that I had a job in a good retail company.
Cons
I had less time to study