GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2016
i enjoyed working here, the richmond branch. manager and co-workers were friendlly and the targets were achievable. i worked for a full year in the same store
Fast paced
Volunteer as a Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Order picking requiring a RF scanner so productivity is monitored and you have to meet certain expectations. Do get bonus for going above expectations.
Inclusive and diverse, fun and flexible work environment!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
The Gap is a great company to work for and to contribute to! You learn more through interacting with team members, valuable customers, and the management team! It's an accepting and inclusive company, where associates and customers alike, all have something unique to bring!
tasks
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 January 2017
packaging, order picking. mostly general labour work. only worked in summer. fast work paced environment as productivity was based on speed and accuracy.
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2016
Learned how to use a scooter for fast paced picking.
Packing into correct bags and labeling bags correctly.
Very friendly staff. Pleasant work atmosphere.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
sometimes not enough work
Fun Place To Work!
Retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 November 2016
Love My Job at GAPKIDS! Excellent place to work. awesome co-workers and very flexible hours! I love working with the public and I find GapKids has awesome customers :)
About Gap Inc.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2016
The work environment was very upbeat and diverse, everyone was very well knit together and welcoming. Management was great with answering any questions or acknowledging any concerns, the hardest part of the job was balancing my core classes and working late. I really enjoyed the people and the interesting customers that I met while working there as well, I have created friendships outside of Gap Inc.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Long evening shifts
the teamwork was good and safe place however management tends to push workers to do more.
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2016
the day start with the team being assembled and work being assigned to each member. The work assigned could be done properly however the management pushes hard on workers.
Pros
teamwork was good and the pay was ok
Cons
the job was really hard and had to lift heavy and constant walking
A very good company as a start in Canada. They were very helpful to let me prepare for my medical certification in my profession
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2016
I work in Banana republic, Shops at Don Mills. My manager was so helpful with me, due to being new in Canada, and a mother of a 4 yrs old son. They appreciate hard workers, and offer managerial positions when they people are qualified. They were super helpful to let me take weeks off to prepare for my studying. Banana Republic and Gap company were the reason I could be successful again in my medical field due to their support.
Pros
Facilitating work due to life circumstances. A wonderful company with great staff members
Cons
Awesome retail place to work... for both hours, and experience.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2016
The staff perks are awesome if you like shopping, and the atmosphere is friendly. This is an awesome place to build customer service skills and build a love for fashion. Basic telephone skills are taught and not too much responsibility for high school entry level work.
Pros
Discount perks
Cons
maybe lack of full time positions
Sqeezing Culture
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 December 2013
Not fun environment making work stupendous with fake work performance history, squeezing culture to the last drop of lemon, peers and staff bullying, only temporary/seasonal hires/part time/ less working hours, firing on small pretext
cross function training, information dissemination, safety a plus only areas to praise
Pros
cross function training, information dissemination, safety
new experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2016
I haven't really worked for a long time at the GAP, but the reason why I had to stop working there is that they give very minimum hours per week, which was not what I was looking for by that time. My co-workers were very friendly and fun to work with.
Short Term Contract
IT Consultant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2016
This was a pop up seasonal contract that only lasted through the Christmas holiday. Nightshift during a cold cold winter. Good experience working within the Network environment.
Pros
I got to prove myself
Cons
It was a temp gig
Great experience
Assistant General Manager - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 December 2015
Gap was the reason I have the skills I do today, and why I have been successful in my career. I was with the company for a very long time, and learned a great deal from memorable leaders. The company is always looking out for the best for their employees, even through some harder times, the culture still maintained.
fun and friendly place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 September 2016
I have gained excellent customer service skills and have met very friendly people. Over time I have some regular customers that like to come shop when I am working.
great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
good people you work with, fun and flexible. just couldnt stay longer because of school.
if you dont reach the sale target some managers will be a little difficult about it but eh thats normal
Great First Job With Many Amazing Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA7 July 2016
Gap was a great experience for me as it taught me a lot about sale skills and talking to people in general. I find I'm much more confident with talking to strangers.

The atmosphere was extremely happy and fun yet focused which I loved because it was a perfect mix. Our costumers were our first priority and I made sure that was key everyday.
A wonderful work environment
District Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2016
The better part of my day was the chance to help develop top talent to become future leaders. It gave me the chance to guide people into areas of the business that best suited them and their goals.
Pros
Friendly environment
Productive and Fun work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2016
The management is great. They really help you to improve on skills like sales and communication and they really encourage you to ask questions. The other co workers are very helpful and are always willing to answer questions or show you the best way to get work done as efficiently as possible. Over all GAP Factory South Keys really makes you feel like apart of the team and it is my privilege to work with them.
Fun workplace with good coworkers to create a fun working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2016
Good starting job for any high school student as you are able to develop your people skills while interacting with others. Able to meet new people and create friendships with others. Gain responsibility for your actions and able to learn from those experiences.

81%