GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
good people you work with, fun and flexible. just couldnt stay longer because of school.
if you dont reach the sale target some managers will be a little difficult about it but eh thats normal
the teamwork was good and safe place however management tends to push workers to do more.
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2016
the day start with the team being assembled and work being assigned to each member. The work assigned could be done properly however the management pushes hard on workers.
Pros
teamwork was good and the pay was ok
Cons
the job was really hard and had to lift heavy and constant walking
Great place to work, with an amazing team
Assistant-Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 February 2014
Very fast paced environment to work in. Lots of new product coming in weekly/bi-weekly. The team are amazing staff to work with, anybody would love coming into to work. There is lots of opportunity for part-time staff to get lots of shifts every week, which you don't see very often. The management staff is awesome, and great at training and providing help and suggestions when staff need assistance. There is always something to do, and customers to be helped as the store is always fairly busy.
Pros
Great benefits, very organized company
Cons
Commute
About Gap Inc.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2016
The work environment was very upbeat and diverse, everyone was very well knit together and welcoming. Management was great with answering any questions or acknowledging any concerns, the hardest part of the job was balancing my core classes and working late. I really enjoyed the people and the interesting customers that I met while working there as well, I have created friendships outside of Gap Inc.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Long evening shifts
Great First Job With Many Amazing Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA7 July 2016
Gap was a great experience for me as it taught me a lot about sale skills and talking to people in general. I find I'm much more confident with talking to strangers.

The atmosphere was extremely happy and fun yet focused which I loved because it was a perfect mix. Our costumers were our first priority and I made sure that was key everyday.
Fun and fast paced
Assistant Manager- Customer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2015
The Gap is great place to work. They pay well with great full time benefits. The down side to working retail is having job/work life balance.
Fun workplace with good coworkers to create a fun working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2016
Good starting job for any high school student as you are able to develop your people skills while interacting with others. Able to meet new people and create friendships with others. Gain responsibility for your actions and able to learn from those experiences.
A wonderful work environment
District Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2016
The better part of my day was the chance to help develop top talent to become future leaders. It gave me the chance to guide people into areas of the business that best suited them and their goals.
Pros
Friendly environment
Great Structure and routine
Assistant Manager/Men's and Kids Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON4 July 2016
Gap is the company that founded specialised clothing retail. They have been around long enough to know a lot about what works day in and day out and have structured themselves around what works. solid operational foundations, and realistic goals setting have made this a great learning enviornment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 June 2016
It's a great place to work, but working hours is not enough I hope I get more hours in the future.
I am a hardworking person and I have been working 12-14 hours a day but here it's very very short even not half of my previous job, you can't call it part time not even 20 hours a week.
I hope to get more in the future.
Pros
Stuff discounts
Cons
Very short hours
good experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 August 2016
amazing place to work, on an average day i would pick merchandise and load unto trucks. i learned how to me very efficient and organised
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 August 2016
a typical day at work very busy. I learned to manage my time and work quickly and efficiently. I was really enjoyable to work there with my amazing co-workers.
Pros
discount
fun environment,job is easy and chill
Part-Time Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 September 2015
It was fun working there and getting to learn about gap and getting to know the retail word it was so much fun and oit was ammazing so great i loved it so many benefits
Productive and Fun work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2016
The management is great. They really help you to improve on skills like sales and communication and they really encourage you to ask questions. The other co workers are very helpful and are always willing to answer questions or show you the best way to get work done as efficiently as possible. Over all GAP Factory South Keys really makes you feel like apart of the team and it is my privilege to work with them.
good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2016
best place to work.
great managers
great co-workers
busy during holidays
I enjoy working with the Gap family & the costumers
Cool place to work for young people.
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2016
Typical shift consists of greeting the customers and letting them know about the new deals or promotions, tidying up when there are no customers.
Pros
Discount on clothing.
Cons
Very fast-paced.
Gap
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 June 2016
Best company i Worked for. Focus on the people and development. Good balance between trading and training. Environment diversify and strong leadership.
Work Experience at GAP
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON30 January 2016
A typical day at GAP Inc consists of processing merchandise throughout the store as well as cleaning up and providing excellent customer service. During my time at GAP Inc, I learned how to provide excellent customer service and manage multiple responsibilities at once. I also learned how to organize and process merchandise throughout the floor. My co-workers were all so helpful and positive as they had created the best learning/growing environment for new workers such as myself. For me, the hardest part about the job was cleaning up and seeing people make a mess of what I cleaned 2 seconds later. The most enjoyable part about the job was the working environment because all my coworkers were so friendly and outgoing.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate - Women and Kid's Dept (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2015
A environment that is all about their customers while creating a comfortable environment for their. Management and staff make you love to work their.
Pros
Environment
Cons
salary
great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 February 2016
It is always amazing to work as gap due to amazing co workers and stress free environment.
The managers are very caring and take care of the employees.
We always have lunches, get togethers, birthday parties etc.
very flexible hours
Pros
great environment
Cons
sometimes long hours