GAP Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Work Experience at GAP
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day at GAP Inc consists of processing merchandise throughout the store as well as cleaning up and providing excellent customer service. During my time at GAP Inc, I learned how to provide excellent customer service and manage multiple responsibilities at once. I also learned how to organize and process merchandise throughout the floor. My co-workers were all so helpful and positive as they had created the best learning/growing environment for new workers such as myself. For me, the hardest part about the job was cleaning up and seeing people make a mess of what I cleaned 2 seconds later. The most enjoyable part about the job was the working environment because all my coworkers were so friendly and outgoing.
Fun and productive
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONJanuary 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find the right size and telling them about the great deals. It is a fun, energetic environment anybody would enjoy working here.
Great work environment
Sales associate (customer service/cashier) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
Old Navy is a great place to work at especially if you are a student. The employers are extremely friendly and cooperative.The only downfall is that there isn't much room for growth.Since they only offer part-time positions and hours per shift correlate with if the store is making its daily or weekly goal. Overall it a a nice place.
Fun place to work with fun team
Sales/Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day being a Stock Associate, is you get right to work. Shift starts regularly at 9pm (store closing) and you are required to lift, push, pull, sort out boxes of product and begin the sorting and folding of the shipment. The hours can be long but the people you have on your team makes a big difference. Hours are steady especially through the hoidays. My manager was great. The hardest part of the job is that it is very repetitive so make sure you are prepared for that. Overall, I had a good experience working at Gap Inc.
Pros
Great company discount
Cons
Lots of standing, Late nights
productive and fast pace work environment
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2016
I really enjoyed the time I was there and I picked up some brief of experience on the retail sector. I enjoyed helping customers and keeping my area neat and tidy
Excellent Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey-White Rock, BC,December 31, 2015
The very Best GM I have ever had the pleasure of working with. The support and skills she shared with me are priceless. I will use and teach and pass on with every undertaking I pursue.

The knowledge and professionalism shared taught me to look above what I was used to and face each new situation with a positive direct approach.
Great experience
Assistant General Manager - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONDecember 18, 2015
Gap was the reason I have the skills I do today, and why I have been successful in my career. I was with the company for a very long time, and learned a great deal from memorable leaders. The company is always looking out for the best for their employees, even through some harder times, the culture still maintained.
not so productive, MTO everyday
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 11, 2015
active putaway of gap merchandise, picking, packing, inventory inquiry was performed almost everyday, daily tasks changed everyday by the supervisor. The hardest part of the job was when there was full time hours the long amount of time spent on your feet was a killer. The most enjoyable part about the job was the coworkers
Pros
exdended lunches some weeks, growth pay was given to hard working employees
Cons
the shortage of hours, I was promised 30hrs a week and was making less the 15hrs
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2015
Awesome place to work with great managers and employees. Wide diversity of employees from different backgrounds and age groups. Have many opportunities to learn from both managers and coworkers. Very friendly and inclusive environment. Hardest parts are sale days and keeping customers appeased and patient. Most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people every day. Didn't get as many hours once holiday season started and new employees were hired.
Pros
friendly staff; great management; meeting new people daily
Cons
inconsistent weekly hours
Easy-going environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 27, 2015
Positive work environment with friendly staff and management. Great customer service is a huge focus which is rewarded when recognized.
Pros
Employee discount
Worst job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 26, 2015
I was hired and then only given one shift in 3 months with no explanation. And the manager acts like she is a queen. The hardest part of job is talking to management because they are unavailable and act like you are not worth their time.
Fun place to work at
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONNovember 25, 2015
Very easy and enjoyable job
it gets very busy
management was extremely friendly, same with co-workers
you dont really get bored as there are many positions
Pros
great co workers, management, benefits
Cons
must work on weekends and available to close
Retail social skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  300 Borough Drive Scarborough, Ontario M1P 4P5November 3, 2015
Just as in most fields of retail, The Gap promoted a very great place to grow socially. Many of my social skills can be attributed to my employment here. The number of employees increased during the time spent but did not hinder our overall unity. Every person is always addressed on strength and weakness so striving to do better is a common goal all employees shared.

Can be a very political place due to the structure of command and thus can be somewhat deterring to future employees. Overall, the gap is a fun place to work and experience the retail workforce
Pros
50% off all items
Cons
Socially challenging
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCOctober 30, 2015
working here was alright. I found they did not care much about their staff. They did not provide great training. I learnt that retail was fun and it was great to help others. I did learn a lot from trial and error because I had to pretty much teach myself.
Co-workers werent fun, they didnt like a lot of people. If you were new they would always kick you off the till and put you in a spot that they didnt like. Hardest part of the job was enjoying myself in a workplace that I did not feel welcome. Most enjoyable was providing service to customers that was successful.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
rude staff, rude management, not enough hours
Fun workplace with a good management team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCOctober 27, 2015
- Performed head cashier activities such as opening and closing of the registers.
- Interviewed prospective employees during Job Fair.
- Trained new employees in customer service, selling techniques, and cash operations.
- Maintained visual displays by ensuring mannequins were dressed appropriately and in line with the company’s requirements.
Pros
Customer service is the main focus
Cons
No recognition for hard work
Fun and fast paced
Assistant Manager- Customer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2015
The Gap is great place to work. They pay well with great full time benefits. The down side to working retail is having job/work life balance.
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  south commonSeptember 22, 2015
Management is friendly and understanding. Very friendly coworkers, flexible work hours for students. It was a fun and warm environment to work in.
SERVING AND SALE.
sTOCK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2015
hi my day at glenmoreinn was set tabble for wedding partys and birthday or halloween. clean up. serve customers .helping co workers too.
gap. my day is oranzices stock and cleaning and helping customers and co workers.
Pros
sometimes
Cons
Great company that does a lot for community
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Gap Factory cares about its employees. Constantly trying to incorporate fun things into your typical day at work. Although sometimes there is high expectations with little payroll hours.
fun environment,job is easy and chill
Part-Time Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2015
It was fun working there and getting to learn about gap and getting to know the retail word it was so much fun and oit was ammazing so great i loved it so many benefits