GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to start
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 February 2017
Perfect first job for busy individuals, flexible hours and almost any time off you need. Shifts range from 3 hours to 9 hours in one day, and they will always try their hardest to not pay you for a break which is unfortunate. Not bad, but not great.
Easy work but can get boring
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON15 February 2017
Worked here for less then a year because I got another opportunity somewhere else. The work was generally easy, folding clothes and organizing. I never got to the cash because i wasn't there very long.
Worst part is doing shipment at 530 in the morning.
fun workplace
Car washer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2017
It was good time spent there and the pay was also good. everyone was cooperative. the hardest part of the job was finishing 10 hours which was quite tough,
Pros
Free lunches and bonuses
productive and friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
only my both managers mans are friendly and good with the employers the other people is very rude with the news person or when you are the other culture or country they dont help you.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very clean, great people to work with
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR ACTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON30 January 2017
leading the maintenance team was very rewarding, Developing a strong and skilled team , controlling assets and providing all necessary tools to grow, while staying in budget made for a great day overall.
Could have been better
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2017
I was only seasonal. but I was never trained well. if I folded things wrong I got yelled at.. asked several times to be trained with nothing. never got days i requested off. wouldn't go back personally
Very fun and flexible place to work
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 January 2017
Working at Old Navy (Gap Inc.) has been very interesting and fun. I've learned a lot, and had so much fun in the process. One of the best things for me is how incredibly flexible the workplace is (at least at my branch).
Pros
Very energetic place to work, lots of fun
Cons
Physically demanding job (watch out for long shifts)
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2017
GAP is a nice place to work, specially for who loves the brand. Good managers, flexible schedule, nice colleagues. I've been improved my vocabulary and customer service skill.
Pros
Discount of 50% for workers
Cons
Few hours a week
Fast paced
Volunteer as a Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Order picking requiring a RF scanner so productivity is monitored and you have to meet certain expectations. Do get bonus for going above expectations.
tasks
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 January 2017
packaging, order picking. mostly general labour work. only worked in summer. fast work paced environment as productivity was based on speed and accuracy.
Comfortable work environment
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 January 2017
Gap is a good start into retail with flexible hours. Great management and sales team makes it a great place to work. Easy to learn and pick up the basics of retail.
Pros
employee discount
i love my job it was good.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 December 2016
i only want to change the job is its to far. Otherwise i loved my job
all my co-workeres were so good. we use to work hard and even have fun .help each other.
Pros
sometimes
good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2016
i enjoyed working here, the richmond branch. manager and co-workers were friendlly and the targets were achievable. i worked for a full year in the same store
Busy workplace with good coworkers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
This is one of the better jobs I have had. Great coworkers, sweet discount (50%). The one major downside is that because Gap has a higher price point than somewhere like Old Navy (even though it's run by the same people), it attracts lots of richer people. I once had a woman come in looking for a winter jacket to replace her 2 y/o daughters Prada winter coat! Hardest part of this job is keeping your cool with entitled and impossible customers, as well as some of the early start shifts (for restocking the floor, starts around 6am).
Pros
Great discount and coworkers
Cons
Super early hours sometimes
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2016
Learned how to use a scooter for fast paced picking.
Packing into correct bags and labeling bags correctly.
Very friendly staff. Pleasant work atmosphere.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
sometimes not enough work
Fun Place To Work!
Retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 November 2016
Love My Job at GAPKIDS! Excellent place to work. awesome co-workers and very flexible hours! I love working with the public and I find GapKids has awesome customers :)
Gap
General Labour (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 October 2016
Very good pay, options for overtime, work is repetitive but do able. Good hard work gets rewarded, comfortable and safe environment
Pros
paid break
Full of drama
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2016
Management likes to choose favorites and if you're not one of them you will be treated poorly, and given almost no hours regardless of your work ethic.
Amazing environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2016
Though I only worked at GAP for a couple of months, it was a great experience otherwise. The staff was very welcoming, the store was well ran and the training was fun.
Pros
Wonderful culture and atmostphere
Cons
Cleanliness
Work was easy and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2016
It was fast paced at times, there was always something to do. At the beginning of working there it was fun and it was a placed i loved to go to but a couple months later management had changed and it felt like i didn't belong, or didn't want to work there anymore. The reason why i had quit was because of poor management and a lack of action put forth for reasons that are personal. I learned how to deal with a variety of customers, and a way of speaking when trying to give opinions or selling products. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting coworkers that ended up being my closest friends.
Pros
Work parties after hours, meeting new people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.