GAP Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work with fun team
Sales/Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day being a Stock Associate, is you get right to work. Shift starts regularly at 9pm (store closing) and you are required to lift, push, pull, sort out boxes of product and begin the sorting and folding of the shipment. The hours can be long but the people you have on your team makes a big difference. Hours are steady especially through the hoidays. My manager was great. The hardest part of the job is that it is very repetitive so make sure you are prepared for that. Overall, I had a good experience working at Gap Inc.
Pros
Great company discount
Cons
Lots of standing, Late nights
Good as an entry job. Gained a basic understanding of customer service.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
They will teach you a lot about customer service. They have a reasonable training system and the management team treats workers fairly.I was very lucky that all my co-workers were nice. Overall, I enjoyed working at the GAP.
Fun place, not enough hours
BRAND ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
A typical day at work would be folding clothes and interacting with customers, finding the perfect size and giving them a head's up about the sale that is going on for that particular day.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
Not enough hours
Great work environment
Sales associate (customer service/cashier) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
Old Navy is a great place to work at especially if you are a student. The employers are extremely friendly and cooperative.The only downfall is that there isn't much room for growth.Since they only offer part-time positions and hours per shift correlate with if the store is making its daily or weekly goal. Overall it a a nice place.
Fun workplace environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 5, 2016
I enjoy meeting new people on a daily basis and assisting them in whatever it is they are looking for. I have a passion to learn and grow within a company and Gap has fulfilled this passion.
Typical Work Day at Gap
Seasonal/Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 5, 2016
Majority of the management team is composed of very hard-working dedicate, friendly people, however there are some exclusions as per usual.
Cons
Cool place to work for young people.
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
Typical shift consists of greeting the customers and letting them know about the new deals or promotions, tidying up when there are no customers.
Pros
Discount on clothing.
Cons
Very fast-paced.
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 9, 2016
a typical day at work very busy. I learned to manage my time and work quickly and efficiently. I was really enjoyable to work there with my amazing co-workers.
Pros
discount
not so productive, MTO everyday
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 11, 2015
active putaway of gap merchandise, picking, packing, inventory inquiry was performed almost everyday, daily tasks changed everyday by the supervisor. The hardest part of the job was when there was full time hours the long amount of time spent on your feet was a killer. The most enjoyable part about the job was the coworkers
Pros
exdended lunches some weeks, growth pay was given to hard working employees
Cons
the shortage of hours, I was promised 30hrs a week and was making less the 15hrs
great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 5, 2016
It is always amazing to work as gap due to amazing co workers and stress free environment.
The managers are very caring and take care of the employees.
We always have lunches, get togethers, birthday parties etc.
very flexible hours
Pros
great environment
Cons
sometimes long hours
Excellent Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey-White Rock, BC,December 31, 2015
The very Best GM I have ever had the pleasure of working with. The support and skills she shared with me are priceless. I will use and teach and pass on with every undertaking I pursue.

The knowledge and professionalism shared taught me to look above what I was used to and face each new situation with a positive direct approach.
Productive and enjoyable workplace, great managers and co workers.
Sales Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Productive and enjoyable workplace, with great managers and co workers. Each day brought a new experience and I was more than happy to be a part of such a great organization.
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2015
Awesome place to work with great managers and employees. Wide diversity of employees from different backgrounds and age groups. Have many opportunities to learn from both managers and coworkers. Very friendly and inclusive environment. Hardest parts are sale days and keeping customers appeased and patient. Most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people every day. Didn't get as many hours once holiday season started and new employees were hired.
Pros
friendly staff; great management; meeting new people daily
Cons
inconsistent weekly hours
Gap
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 3, 2016
Best company i Worked for. Focus on the people and development. Good balance between trading and training. Environment diversify and strong leadership.
No real management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 3, 2016
All the managers are on a power trip and will be sure to let you know where the power stands. Lack of respect makes for a not so productive work environment
Great experience
Assistant General Manager - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONDecember 18, 2015
Gap was the reason I have the skills I do today, and why I have been successful in my career. I was with the company for a very long time, and learned a great deal from memorable leaders. The company is always looking out for the best for their employees, even through some harder times, the culture still maintained.
good job
busy during holidays
I enjoy working with the Gap family & the costumers
very good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  south edmonton commonMay 17, 2016
Close knit and kind team members who were a lot of fun to work with and very encouraging. Managers were very flexible and considerate at work.
Okay Environment
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2016
The working environment is okay. However, their management keeps changing. Not much opportunities for advancement.
Prductive and fast.
Cherry Picker Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 8, 2016
Productivity is important,I work doing drifferent functions.I help orginise events.In my department i pick and ship orders.
Pros
Shift
Cons
not enought hrs.