GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Typical Work Day at Gap
Seasonal/Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2016
Majority of the management team is composed of very hard-working dedicate, friendly people, however there are some exclusions as per usual.
Cons
A very good company as a start in Canada. They were very helpful to let me prepare for my medical certification in my profession
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2016
I work in Banana republic, Shops at Don Mills. My manager was so helpful with me, due to being new in Canada, and a mother of a 4 yrs old son. They appreciate hard workers, and offer managerial positions when they people are qualified. They were super helpful to let me take weeks off to prepare for my studying. Banana Republic and Gap company were the reason I could be successful again in my medical field due to their support.
Pros
Facilitating work due to life circumstances. A wonderful company with great staff members
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2017
GAP is a nice place to work, specially for who loves the brand. Good managers, flexible schedule, nice colleagues. I've been improved my vocabulary and customer service skill.
Pros
Discount of 50% for workers
Cons
Few hours a week
Fun place to work at
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 November 2015
Very easy and enjoyable job
it gets very busy
management was extremely friendly, same with co-workers
you dont really get bored as there are many positions
Pros
great co workers, management, benefits
Cons
must work on weekends and available to close
Awesome retail place to work... for both hours, and experience.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2016
The staff perks are awesome if you like shopping, and the atmosphere is friendly. This is an awesome place to build customer service skills and build a love for fashion. Basic telephone skills are taught and not too much responsibility for high school entry level work.
Pros
Discount perks
Cons
maybe lack of full time positions
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2016
Learned how to use a scooter for fast paced picking.
Packing into correct bags and labeling bags correctly.
Very friendly staff. Pleasant work atmosphere.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
sometimes not enough work
new experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2016
I haven't really worked for a long time at the GAP, but the reason why I had to stop working there is that they give very minimum hours per week, which was not what I was looking for by that time. My co-workers were very friendly and fun to work with.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale Mall29 April 2016
It's all about the people with Gap, Inc! The company seems to attract fun and passionate individuals. It feels like a family when you find the right fit. Unfortunately, the dynamic is apt to change quickly with new management and the opportunities for growth seem limited unless you can balance absolute commitment to your job with flux hours and minimum wage.
Pros
Good Employee Discount, Good Management, Good Company Values
Cons
Fluctuating Hours, Low Wages, Changing Environment
Fun Place To Work!
Retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 November 2016
Love My Job at GAPKIDS! Excellent place to work. awesome co-workers and very flexible hours! I love working with the public and I find GapKids has awesome customers :)
Fast paced
Volunteer as a Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Order picking requiring a RF scanner so productivity is monitored and you have to meet certain expectations. Do get bonus for going above expectations.
Venture to deliver fun, inviting culture - but fall short with complete lack of work life balance.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton7 September 2015
Although Old Navy strives to remain in touch with its people, they miss the point by setting extremely high, at times unattainable expectations. In turn leading to frustration at all levels for field employees.
Pros
Good discount, fair benefits
Cons
Long hours, high expectations, high turn over
tasks
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 January 2017
packaging, order picking. mostly general labour work. only worked in summer. fast work paced environment as productivity was based on speed and accuracy.
Inclusive and diverse, fun and flexible work environment!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
The Gap is a great company to work for and to contribute to! You learn more through interacting with team members, valuable customers, and the management team! It's an accepting and inclusive company, where associates and customers alike, all have something unique to bring!
Okay Environment
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2016
The working environment is okay. However, their management keeps changing. Not much opportunities for advancement.
Short Term Contract
IT Consultant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2016
This was a pop up seasonal contract that only lasted through the Christmas holiday. Nightshift during a cold cold winter. Good experience working within the Network environment.
Pros
I got to prove myself
Cons
It was a temp gig
the teamwork was good and safe place however management tends to push workers to do more.
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2016
the day start with the team being assembled and work being assigned to each member. The work assigned could be done properly however the management pushes hard on workers.
Pros
teamwork was good and the pay was ok
Cons
the job was really hard and had to lift heavy and constant walking
About Gap Inc.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2016
The work environment was very upbeat and diverse, everyone was very well knit together and welcoming. Management was great with answering any questions or acknowledging any concerns, the hardest part of the job was balancing my core classes and working late. I really enjoyed the people and the interesting customers that I met while working there as well, I have created friendships outside of Gap Inc.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Long evening shifts
Great First Job With Many Amazing Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA7 July 2016
Gap was a great experience for me as it taught me a lot about sale skills and talking to people in general. I find I'm much more confident with talking to strangers.

The atmosphere was extremely happy and fun yet focused which I loved because it was a perfect mix. Our costumers were our first priority and I made sure that was key everyday.
fun and friendly place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 September 2016
I have gained excellent customer service skills and have met very friendly people. Over time I have some regular customers that like to come shop when I am working.
Sqeezing Culture
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 December 2013
Not fun environment making work stupendous with fake work performance history, squeezing culture to the last drop of lemon, peers and staff bullying, only temporary/seasonal hires/part time/ less working hours, firing on small pretext
cross function training, information dissemination, safety a plus only areas to praise
Pros
cross function training, information dissemination, safety