GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 9, 2016
It's a great place to work, but working hours is not enough I hope I get more hours in the future.
I am a hardworking person and I have been working 12-14 hours a day but here it's very very short even not half of my previous job, you can't call it part time not even 20 hours a week.
I hope to get more in the future.
Pros
Stuff discounts
Cons
Very short hours
great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 5, 2016
It is always amazing to work as gap due to amazing co workers and stress free environment.
The managers are very caring and take care of the employees.
We always have lunches, get togethers, birthday parties etc.
very flexible hours
Pros
great environment
Cons
sometimes long hours
the teamwork was good and safe place however management tends to push workers to do more.
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 25, 2016
the day start with the team being assembled and work being assigned to each member. The work assigned could be done properly however the management pushes hard on workers.
Pros
teamwork was good and the pay was ok
Cons
the job was really hard and had to lift heavy and constant walking
Inclusive and diverse, fun and flexible work environment!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
The Gap is a great company to work for and to contribute to! You learn more through interacting with team members, valuable customers, and the management team! It's an accepting and inclusive company, where associates and customers alike, all have something unique to bring!
A wonderful work environment
District Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2016
The better part of my day was the chance to help develop top talent to become future leaders. It gave me the chance to guide people into areas of the business that best suited them and their goals.
Pros
Friendly environment
new experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2016
I haven't really worked for a long time at the GAP, but the reason why I had to stop working there is that they give very minimum hours per week, which was not what I was looking for by that time. My co-workers were very friendly and fun to work with.
Short Term Contract
IT Consultant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2016
This was a pop up seasonal contract that only lasted through the Christmas holiday. Nightshift during a cold cold winter. Good experience working within the Network environment.
Pros
I got to prove myself
Cons
It was a temp gig
Work Experience at GAP
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day at GAP Inc consists of processing merchandise throughout the store as well as cleaning up and providing excellent customer service. During my time at GAP Inc, I learned how to provide excellent customer service and manage multiple responsibilities at once. I also learned how to organize and process merchandise throughout the floor. My co-workers were all so helpful and positive as they had created the best learning/growing environment for new workers such as myself. For me, the hardest part about the job was cleaning up and seeing people make a mess of what I cleaned 2 seconds later. The most enjoyable part about the job was the working environment because all my coworkers were so friendly and outgoing.
Venture to deliver fun, inviting culture - but fall short with complete lack of work life balance.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  EdmontonSeptember 7, 2015
Although Old Navy strives to remain in touch with its people, they miss the point by setting extremely high, at times unattainable expectations. In turn leading to frustration at all levels for field employees.
Pros
Good discount, fair benefits
Cons
Long hours, high expectations, high turn over
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCOctober 30, 2015
working here was alright. I found they did not care much about their staff. They did not provide great training. I learnt that retail was fun and it was great to help others. I did learn a lot from trial and error because I had to pretty much teach myself.
Co-workers werent fun, they didnt like a lot of people. If you were new they would always kick you off the till and put you in a spot that they didnt like. Hardest part of the job was enjoying myself in a workplace that I did not feel welcome. Most enjoyable was providing service to customers that was successful.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
rude staff, rude management, not enough hours
great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 7, 2016
good people you work with, fun and flexible. just couldnt stay longer because of school.
if you dont reach the sale target some managers will be a little difficult about it but eh thats normal
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 25, 2016
The job was okay. Was very over staffed, didn't get the hours i asked for, the management didn't have much of a relation with other members of staff, and it just seemed like there was a lot of politics in that location.
great perks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2016
easy job for anyone once you know what you doing
great staff
management isn't the greatest as can but what management in retail usually is right?
fun and friendly place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 15, 2016
I have gained excellent customer service skills and have met very friendly people. Over time I have some regular customers that like to come shop when I am working.
The management was good
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 11, 2016
This company had the best management, but it had the worst salary. Also, the raise on your salary was next to nothing. One of my co-workers got a 3 cent raise after working for one year.
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 9, 2016
a typical day at work very busy. I learned to manage my time and work quickly and efficiently. I was really enjoyable to work there with my amazing co-workers.
Pros
discount
good experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 27, 2016
amazing place to work, on an average day i would pick merchandise and load unto trucks. i learned how to me very efficient and organised
Fun place to work with fun team
Sales/Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day being a Stock Associate, is you get right to work. Shift starts regularly at 9pm (store closing) and you are required to lift, push, pull, sort out boxes of product and begin the sorting and folding of the shipment. The hours can be long but the people you have on your team makes a big difference. Hours are steady especially through the hoidays. My manager was great. The hardest part of the job is that it is very repetitive so make sure you are prepared for that. Overall, I had a good experience working at Gap Inc.
Pros
Great company discount
Cons
Lots of standing, Late nights
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
Fun time with nice people, but what I'm disappointed is when you have to reach the Head Office, it's really hard to understand what they are saying at the phone and reach the good person. Also, when i quite the Job, it took a months and half to had my last pay check and pay stub, and i never had my T4 for my tax return.
Fun and fast paced
Assistant Manager- Customer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2015
The Gap is great place to work. They pay well with great full time benefits. The down side to working retail is having job/work life balance.