GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

slavery work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
The Gap inc, very friendly place to work, just need to make sure they are serious about their work schedule, i've been called to not come in "because we aren't busy" how do you know when your going to be busy? you are in the heart of downtown on Bloor Street. (One time I didnt go to work for entire week) Too many Team Leaders and not a lot of training is provided, Care too much about how the company is labeled and advertised and care less about their staff unless its staff that have been their for longer than 2 years
Pros
great clothing
Cons
unorganized and careless
Could have been better
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2017
I was only seasonal. but I was never trained well. if I folded things wrong I got yelled at.. asked several times to be trained with nothing. never got days i requested off. wouldn't go back personally
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale Mall29 April 2016
It's all about the people with Gap, Inc! The company seems to attract fun and passionate individuals. It feels like a family when you find the right fit. Unfortunately, the dynamic is apt to change quickly with new management and the opportunities for growth seem limited unless you can balance absolute commitment to your job with flux hours and minimum wage.
Pros
Good Employee Discount, Good Management, Good Company Values
Cons
Fluctuating Hours, Low Wages, Changing Environment
Easy work but can get boring
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON15 February 2017
Worked here for less then a year because I got another opportunity somewhere else. The work was generally easy, folding clothes and organizing. I never got to the cash because i wasn't there very long.
Worst part is doing shipment at 530 in the morning.
very clean, great people to work with
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR ACTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON30 January 2017
leading the maintenance team was very rewarding, Developing a strong and skilled team , controlling assets and providing all necessary tools to grow, while staying in budget made for a great day overall.
Inclusive and diverse, fun and flexible work environment!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
The Gap is a great company to work for and to contribute to! You learn more through interacting with team members, valuable customers, and the management team! It's an accepting and inclusive company, where associates and customers alike, all have something unique to bring!
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2017
GAP is a nice place to work, specially for who loves the brand. Good managers, flexible schedule, nice colleagues. I've been improved my vocabulary and customer service skill.
Pros
Discount of 50% for workers
Cons
Few hours a week
About Gap Inc.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2016
The work environment was very upbeat and diverse, everyone was very well knit together and welcoming. Management was great with answering any questions or acknowledging any concerns, the hardest part of the job was balancing my core classes and working late. I really enjoyed the people and the interesting customers that I met while working there as well, I have created friendships outside of Gap Inc.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Long evening shifts
the teamwork was good and safe place however management tends to push workers to do more.
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2016
the day start with the team being assembled and work being assigned to each member. The work assigned could be done properly however the management pushes hard on workers.
Pros
teamwork was good and the pay was ok
Cons
the job was really hard and had to lift heavy and constant walking
Fast paced
Volunteer as a Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Order picking requiring a RF scanner so productivity is monitored and you have to meet certain expectations. Do get bonus for going above expectations.
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2016
Learned how to use a scooter for fast paced picking.
Packing into correct bags and labeling bags correctly.
Very friendly staff. Pleasant work atmosphere.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
sometimes not enough work
Fun Place To Work!
Retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 November 2016
Love My Job at GAPKIDS! Excellent place to work. awesome co-workers and very flexible hours! I love working with the public and I find GapKids has awesome customers :)
tasks
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 January 2017
packaging, order picking. mostly general labour work. only worked in summer. fast work paced environment as productivity was based on speed and accuracy.
A very good company as a start in Canada. They were very helpful to let me prepare for my medical certification in my profession
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2016
I work in Banana republic, Shops at Don Mills. My manager was so helpful with me, due to being new in Canada, and a mother of a 4 yrs old son. They appreciate hard workers, and offer managerial positions when they people are qualified. They were super helpful to let me take weeks off to prepare for my studying. Banana Republic and Gap company were the reason I could be successful again in my medical field due to their support.
Pros
Facilitating work due to life circumstances. A wonderful company with great staff members
Cons
Awesome retail place to work... for both hours, and experience.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2016
The staff perks are awesome if you like shopping, and the atmosphere is friendly. This is an awesome place to build customer service skills and build a love for fashion. Basic telephone skills are taught and not too much responsibility for high school entry level work.
Pros
Discount perks
Cons
maybe lack of full time positions
new experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2016
I haven't really worked for a long time at the GAP, but the reason why I had to stop working there is that they give very minimum hours per week, which was not what I was looking for by that time. My co-workers were very friendly and fun to work with.
Short Term Contract
IT Consultant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2016
This was a pop up seasonal contract that only lasted through the Christmas holiday. Nightshift during a cold cold winter. Good experience working within the Network environment.
Pros
I got to prove myself
Cons
It was a temp gig
Great experience
Assistant General Manager - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 December 2015
Gap was the reason I have the skills I do today, and why I have been successful in my career. I was with the company for a very long time, and learned a great deal from memorable leaders. The company is always looking out for the best for their employees, even through some harder times, the culture still maintained.
fun and friendly place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 September 2016
I have gained excellent customer service skills and have met very friendly people. Over time I have some regular customers that like to come shop when I am working.
great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
good people you work with, fun and flexible. just couldnt stay longer because of school.
if you dont reach the sale target some managers will be a little difficult about it but eh thats normal