GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2017
GAP is a nice place to work, specially for who loves the brand. Good managers, flexible schedule, nice colleagues. I've been improved my vocabulary and customer service skill.
Pros
Discount of 50% for workers
Cons
Few hours a week
Fast paced
Volunteer as a Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Order picking requiring a RF scanner so productivity is monitored and you have to meet certain expectations. Do get bonus for going above expectations.
tasks
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 January 2017
packaging, order picking. mostly general labour work. only worked in summer. fast work paced environment as productivity was based on speed and accuracy.
Comfortable work environment
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 January 2017
Gap is a good start into retail with flexible hours. Great management and sales team makes it a great place to work. Easy to learn and pick up the basics of retail.
Pros
employee discount
i love my job it was good.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 December 2016
i only want to change the job is its to far. Otherwise i loved my job
all my co-workeres were so good. we use to work hard and even have fun .help each other.
Pros
sometimes
Cons
Busy workplace with good coworkers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
This is one of the better jobs I have had. Great coworkers, sweet discount (50%). The one major downside is that because Gap has a higher price point than somewhere like Old Navy (even though it's run by the same people), it attracts lots of richer people. I once had a woman come in looking for a winter jacket to replace her 2 y/o daughters Prada winter coat! Hardest part of this job is keeping your cool with entitled and impossible customers, as well as some of the early start shifts (for restocking the floor, starts around 6am).
Pros
Great discount and coworkers
Cons
Super early hours sometimes
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2016
Learned how to use a scooter for fast paced picking.
Packing into correct bags and labeling bags correctly.
Very friendly staff. Pleasant work atmosphere.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
sometimes not enough work
Fun Place To Work!
Retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 November 2016
Love My Job at GAPKIDS! Excellent place to work. awesome co-workers and very flexible hours! I love working with the public and I find GapKids has awesome customers :)
Gap
General Labour (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 October 2016
Very good pay, options for overtime, work is repetitive but do able. Good hard work gets rewarded, comfortable and safe environment
Pros
paid break
Full of drama
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2016
Management likes to choose favorites and if you're not one of them you will be treated poorly, and given almost no hours regardless of your work ethic.
Amazing environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2016
Though I only worked at GAP for a couple of months, it was a great experience otherwise. The staff was very welcoming, the store was well ran and the training was fun.
Pros
Wonderful culture and atmostphere
Cons
Cleanliness
Fun place to be
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 October 2016
I would come in, clock in, check my emails, and then get on the floor and begin selling product to customers and giving them one on one experiences. Throughout the day I would coach my associates on giving the best customer service and what that looks like. Depending on the shift I'd either be opening or closing the store (putting cash in the drawers or completing the deposit, updating our promo or writing the closing email).
I learned how to truly be a leader and what leadership aspects and styles worked best for me and showed to be successful to me. The management team was great, everyone was hard working, driven, and strives for the store's success, it was a really great motivation to be the same. Everyone I worked with took well and were easy to lift with my energy, everyone took advice well and was fun to be around.
The hardest part of the job was when I was a merchandiser, the only merchandiser at the time, through Christmas, but I managed to keep a small team rallied and focused on getting everything done.
I'm a people person, so the most enjoyable part of the job is the people, whether it's a customer, someone I'm working with, or interviewing future associates.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON29 September 2016
management and team was great, a typical day at work was enjoyable as everyone welcomed you. it was a very friendly environment
Fun team and place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 September 2016
Easy going, enthusiastic team.
Great location et benefits
Management was not the best, it could be a little better
It is a good place for student
fun and friendly place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 September 2016
I have gained excellent customer service skills and have met very friendly people. Over time I have some regular customers that like to come shop when I am working.
new experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2016
I haven't really worked for a long time at the GAP, but the reason why I had to stop working there is that they give very minimum hours per week, which was not what I was looking for by that time. My co-workers were very friendly and fun to work with.
great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
good people you work with, fun and flexible. just couldnt stay longer because of school.
if you dont reach the sale target some managers will be a little difficult about it but eh thats normal
slavery work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
The Gap inc, very friendly place to work, just need to make sure they are serious about their work schedule, i've been called to not come in "because we aren't busy" how do you know when your going to be busy? you are in the heart of downtown on Bloor Street. (One time I didnt go to work for entire week) Too many Team Leaders and not a lot of training is provided, Care too much about how the company is labeled and advertised and care less about their staff unless its staff that have been their for longer than 2 years
Pros
great clothing
Cons
unorganized and careless
good experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 August 2016
amazing place to work, on an average day i would pick merchandise and load unto trucks. i learned how to me very efficient and organised
Short Term Contract
IT Consultant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2016
This was a pop up seasonal contract that only lasted through the Christmas holiday. Nightshift during a cold cold winter. Good experience working within the Network environment.
Pros
I got to prove myself
Cons
It was a temp gig