GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 August 2017
I enjoyed my time with Gap, they taught me everything I needed to know to survive in retail, while providing me with a great place to learn and excel. The managers were great and always super helpful. Made lots of friends there and we had a great time together. Just as any retail job it got quite repetitive at the end, but overall it is a great beginner job and it's very possible to keep rising up within the company.
Pros
Long breaks, great people
Cons
menial
Fast Paced and Customer Orientated
Morning shipment/stock (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 August 2017
Awesome job experience with flexible hours and great co-workers. Very customer orientated with constantly evolving clothing line. It's a great job for students or full time employees.
An awesome experiennce
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK9 August 2017
Working at Gap has been great, and I have learnt a lot about customer service there. The work environment is awesome. Everyone is super friendly there .
Fun work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
Working with GAP Inc. has allowed me to grow in many ways; leadership and cultural. With the level of training Im can bring to any team and more from them.
Pros
field advancements
Cons
long hourss
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 August 2017
The store was full of lively employees, fun to be around. Work mostly consisted of organizing clothes and trying to satisfy customers. The hardest part of the job is talking to the customers, but the job later helped me overcome the fear of interacting with the customers. Work was overall enjoyable because of the supportive coworkers.
Pros
Easygoing and kind colleague
Cons
Busy days are stressful
Sales Oriented culture in the Retail Store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
Typical day at work is fun and exciting since we usually have sales goals to meet. I improved my communication skills by working in this job. THe management is good but sometimes becomes too sales oriented.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 July 2017
Great place to work, fun and productive. Something new is always going on, so it keeps you on your toes. Every day is not the same, so there's always something new, but after a while you get used to the daily pattern and flow.
Benefits
Cons
Few Shifts
It's Okay for a first job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Flexible hours but inconsistent management styles; typical retail job experience so it is great for a first job but is very repetitive and boring so expect long days.
Productive and fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2017
I enjoyed the interactions with customers along with helping them in my own capacity
It helped me with keeping an area tidy and clean and also helped with better my sense of fashion.
Very professional
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 July 2017
i was treated really well there. everyone knew what they were doing and everyone worked as a team. i had a manager that pushed too hard and made me uncomfortable about my learning capabilities.
Pros
hour long breaks
Cons
impolite bosses on occasion
Boring place to work with cliquy staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  heartland14 July 2017
Go onto work, wait at the back, clock in, go on sales floor, clean the store, the schedule they send you isnt what you will be doing mostly. breaks are not always given on time. Come back from break, work till you leave, not alot of socializing allowed.
Pros
Free bfast and lunch during long days with big sales events
Cons
everything else
no enjoyment at the work place
Merchandise Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 July 2017
Working environment is very stress full, very weird when you stuck with the same duty all day, no rotations between departments during the shift, preference only goes to Punjabi ladies employees for light weight work and easy job.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 July 2017
The staff is great to work with and the job itself is interesting. Working at GAP helped me learn a lot about the work force and helped me get out of my comfort zone.
Pros
Great staff and great company
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing place
Seasonal Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 July 2017
Very good place to work. Flexible, the environment is amazing and the pay is really good. Only reason i had to stop working was because i was going to school.
I enjoyed working at Gap, feels like second home.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2017
My first ever job here in Canada and it was fun, all my co-workers are friendly and family. My supervisors are superb :) I love working and assisting customers. Love the discounts too.
Pros
friendly management and peers
Cons
quite low salary
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2017
part time job. while I enjoyed working there and made good friends, the worst part was the lack of hours. The company does not guarantee hours and sometimes you are not working at all.
Great job, little advancement
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON29 June 2017
Very play by the book, everything merchandising related needed to be perfect, which is difficult when you're unable to receive product needed. Management had a lot of stress on them, which they of course put onto the employees, regional management was made up to be scary and unfriendly. Work place was sometimes hectic but was a good atmosphere most of the time. Budgets were given to 'spoil' employees, but only when sales goals are achieved.
Fun work environment, works well for students or part time employees
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
Loved working at GAP! Great employees and management staff who share a culture of fashion and customer service. The role of sales associate involves learning the product and being able to connect with the clients who walk in the door every day. Great for someone looking for part time work, and who has a lot of energy and personality to join an energetic and vibrant company. They are very accommodating for students, and flexible hours (ex. night shifts vs day shifts)
Stage vente conseil / emploie temps partiel
commis plancher (Former Employee) –  mirabel27 June 2017
J ai appris beaucoup de choses, des rabais, des pourcentages, scanner vêtements, voir prix en liquidations, étiquette rouge, inventaire de vêtements, refaire les planification des vêtements, placer les vêtement par grandeur du XS a 2L ou 0 a 24 mois. femme, homme, jeune fille, jeune garçon, bébé fille et garçon. faire le réception de marchandise, placer les vêtement sur le plancher et dans l entrepôt. servir les clients, répondre a leur besoin de la grandeur de vêtement et de la couleur. placer les vêtement sur le cintre, plier vêtement par ordre de grandeur,
je n ais pas fait la caisse pas assez d année de travail a gap entrepôt , stage et emploie temps partiel.
Pros
une bonne équipe de travail
Cons
pas assez d heure de travail
Great atmosphere
ASSOCIATE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
Always enjoyable to work and amazing support from upper field management. There is always a good balance of work life balances. They also care deeply for their part time staff and make it as enjoyable as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval