GAP Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

A very good company as a start in Canada. They were very helpful to let me prepare for my medical certification in my profession
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2016
I work in Banana republic, Shops at Don Mills. My manager was so helpful with me, due to being new in Canada, and a mother of a 4 yrs old son. They appreciate hard workers, and offer managerial positions when they people are qualified. They were super helpful to let me take weeks off to prepare for my studying. Banana Republic and Gap company were the reason I could be successful again in my medical field due to their support.
Pros
Facilitating work due to life circumstances. A wonderful company with great staff members
Awful management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 6, 2016
Never scheduled enough workers especially in the mornings. Mornings often consisted of 2 managers, 1 cashier, and 1-2 floor people, a store this size requires more than 5 employees to run it. The store was never under scheduled due to lack of employees management always made sure there was 50+ employees at all times, they simply refused to give everyone the hours we all desperate need and deserve. On top of everything I cant even say we were at least given a superb discount to cancel out the lack of hours, there is nothing superb about 25%.
Merchandiser, Sales Associate
Merchandiser, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
Enjoy Merchandising and Sales Associate Responsibilities. Jobs focused on creating an enjoyable Experience for Customers and increasing sales for the companies I have worked for and presently work for.

Creating clean, attractive displays and maintaining same, key to satisfying customer. Having a smile and positive attitude evident to customer that I enjoy my day to day responsibilities.
Pros
Clean store, good management, learning new skills, good customer experiences ongoing
Cons
Only if pros are not followed, and they are continually followed by myself
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale MallApril 29, 2016
It's all about the people with Gap, Inc! The company seems to attract fun and passionate individuals. It feels like a family when you find the right fit. Unfortunately, the dynamic is apt to change quickly with new management and the opportunities for growth seem limited unless you can balance absolute commitment to your job with flux hours and minimum wage.
Pros
Good Employee Discount, Good Management, Good Company Values
Cons
Fluctuating Hours, Low Wages, Changing Environment
About Gap Inc.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 28, 2016
The work environment was very upbeat and diverse, everyone was very well knit together and welcoming. Management was great with answering any questions or acknowledging any concerns, the hardest part of the job was balancing my core classes and working late. I really enjoyed the people and the interesting customers that I met while working there as well, I have created friendships outside of Gap Inc.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Long evening shifts
Great First Job With Many Amazing Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 7, 2016
Gap was a great experience for me as it taught me a lot about sale skills and talking to people in general. I find I'm much more confident with talking to strangers.

The atmosphere was extremely happy and fun yet focused which I loved because it was a perfect mix. Our costumers were our first priority and I made sure that was key everyday.
Great Structure and routine
Assistant Manager/Men's and Kids Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ONJuly 4, 2016
Gap is the company that founded specialised clothing retail. They have been around long enough to know a lot about what works day in and day out and have structured themselves around what works. solid operational foundations, and realistic goals setting have made this a great learning enviornment.
the teamwork was good and safe place however management tends to push workers to do more.
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 25, 2016
the day start with the team being assembled and work being assigned to each member. The work assigned could be done properly however the management pushes hard on workers.
Pros
teamwork was good and the pay was ok
Cons
the job was really hard and had to lift heavy and constant walking
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 9, 2016
It's a great place to work, but working hours is not enough I hope I get more hours in the future.
I am a hardworking person and I have been working 12-14 hours a day but here it's very very short even not half of my previous job, you can't call it part time not even 20 hours a week.
I hope to get more in the future.
Pros
Stuff discounts
Cons
Very short hours
Inclusive and diverse, fun and flexible work environment!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
The Gap is a great company to work for and to contribute to! You learn more through interacting with team members, valuable customers, and the management team! It's an accepting and inclusive company, where associates and customers alike, all have something unique to bring!
Fun workplace with good coworkers to create a fun working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 12, 2016
Good starting job for any high school student as you are able to develop your people skills while interacting with others. Able to meet new people and create friendships with others. Gain responsibility for your actions and able to learn from those experiences.
Productive and Fun work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 6, 2016
The management is great. They really help you to improve on skills like sales and communication and they really encourage you to ask questions. The other co workers are very helpful and are always willing to answer questions or show you the best way to get work done as efficiently as possible. Over all GAP Factory South Keys really makes you feel like apart of the team and it is my privilege to work with them.
Gap Inc BCC (Closed Now)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 10, 2016
punch in and start with go backs. clean sections typically on the adult side which was more messier. did cash sometimes but usually I would be on the floor helping customers with sizes or even arranging sections. Pay wasn't as good and management was very terrible
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Pay was terrible
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
Fun time with nice people, but what I'm disappointed is when you have to reach the Head Office, it's really hard to understand what they are saying at the phone and reach the good person. Also, when i quite the Job, it took a months and half to had my last pay check and pay stub, and i never had my T4 for my tax return.
Work Experience at GAP
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day at GAP Inc consists of processing merchandise throughout the store as well as cleaning up and providing excellent customer service. During my time at GAP Inc, I learned how to provide excellent customer service and manage multiple responsibilities at once. I also learned how to organize and process merchandise throughout the floor. My co-workers were all so helpful and positive as they had created the best learning/growing environment for new workers such as myself. For me, the hardest part about the job was cleaning up and seeing people make a mess of what I cleaned 2 seconds later. The most enjoyable part about the job was the working environment because all my coworkers were so friendly and outgoing.
Fun place to work with fun team
Sales/Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day being a Stock Associate, is you get right to work. Shift starts regularly at 9pm (store closing) and you are required to lift, push, pull, sort out boxes of product and begin the sorting and folding of the shipment. The hours can be long but the people you have on your team makes a big difference. Hours are steady especially through the hoidays. My manager was great. The hardest part of the job is that it is very repetitive so make sure you are prepared for that. Overall, I had a good experience working at Gap Inc.
Pros
Great company discount
Cons
Lots of standing, Late nights
Good as an entry job. Gained a basic understanding of customer service.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
They will teach you a lot about customer service. They have a reasonable training system and the management team treats workers fairly.I was very lucky that all my co-workers were nice. Overall, I enjoyed working at the GAP.
Great work environment
Sales associate (customer service/cashier) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
Old Navy is a great place to work at especially if you are a student. The employers are extremely friendly and cooperative.The only downfall is that there isn't much room for growth.Since they only offer part-time positions and hours per shift correlate with if the store is making its daily or weekly goal. Overall it a a nice place.
Fun place, not enough hours
BRAND ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
A typical day at work would be folding clothes and interacting with customers, finding the perfect size and giving them a head's up about the sale that is going on for that particular day.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
Not enough hours
The management was good
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 11, 2016
This company had the best management, but it had the worst salary. Also, the raise on your salary was next to nothing. One of my co-workers got a 3 cent raise after working for one year.