GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

great experience
Sales maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
Gap was a great experience I gained a lot of skills and developed networking skills. A typical day at work will be that we have a team meeting and talk about our sales goal on that day. The manager assigns our task that needs to be done.
Pros
Pizza parties and potlucks
Cons
Long Hours and overnights
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
Great place to work, very friendly environment. The mangers are great and they give you flexible hours to work with. There are many departments that you can work in and still feel like part of the team.
Productive and fun environment
PART-TIME ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 May 2017
Gap Factory Canada is a great company to work for! I learned a lot from this experience. All of my coworkers were fun to work with, and the management team was very nice and helpful!
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 May 2017
typical day at work sales,greeting costumers
working with good staff. the hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customer. I learned a lot about the brand of GAP
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 May 2017
Great Place to work. Good intentions with regards to schedule but the hours in Retail for any retailer are not always matching with personal life. No fault of the employeer
Great people to work with, but terrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2017
Though the people you work with are great, the management is very poor. They hire way too many people and so shifts are few and far between. And when there are shifts, it's a first come first serve to get them. And sometimes your shifts will be cut all together.
Pros
Discount, friendly coworkers, annual raise
Cons
Unpredictable hours, poor management
it was alright
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 May 2017
it was alright working at gap, not much else to say. if you're naturally just a shy person i guess the job isn't really for you then, cause you're gonna have to do a lot of talking
Fun place to work with lots of great people. Experience is awesome
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2017
I really enjoy working at Gap. It has given me a lot of life skills and I've met a lot of awesome people as well. The management is very supportive in a lot of things you do, and will often back you up with your decisions.
Pros
experience, occasional free lunches and snacks, management team is willing to work with you and your schedule
Cons
Occasional short shifts/not always a lot of hours during the quiet times
Lots of opportunity for advancement
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Canada4 May 2017
I worked in merchandising in a very high volume location which was frequently open on bank holidays, I think I worked all of them every year! Always had a smile on my face, loved our entire team. At Christmas our staff sometimes went above 100, and we had 10-12 cash registers. Most enjoyable part of the job was hiring young students and mentoring them and watching them grow.
Pros
Great people! Discounts on clothing.
Cons
None, unless you are fussy about working holidays.
Great position, terrible management
Assistant Brand Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 May 2017
Store manager was a tyrant. Otherwise, company was great! Great product, modern marketing and fashion forward merchandising. High turnover due to management
greatest job i've ever had
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2017
Great people to work with! very organized and they treat their employees well! I would go back and work there anytime. Their product is amazing and they're ahead of the fashion game.
Pros
treated well
Gets old
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada1 May 2017
You start to see the hierarchy as you get older. Depending on where you are located, the customers feel they are very privileged. You don't get paid extra for overnight shifts.
A Fun place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2017
the atmosphere is kept light and fun at GAP with a focus on training and education.
your ideas are heard and often implemented. if you and to be a person, not just a number, start here
sales help
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 April 2017
Working at the Gap is a very rewarding experience. I have been working as a seasonal helper at Christmas time for the past 3years.Mainly worked as a cashier and on the floor helping customers with their product needs.
Environnement travail
Conseiller à la vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 April 2017
Travailler chez Gap a été une belle expérience. J'ai toujours voulu travailler dans une boutique de vêtement. Cependant, la boutique pour laquelle que je travaillais était le Flagship. Puis, il connaissait plusieurs restructuration avec le changement de gestionnaire, la fermeture d'une boutique et les employés de ceux qui sont venu travailler dans notre magasin.

La possibilité de pouvoir évoluer ne me semblait pas possible. Par contre, le milieu de travail était super. J'ai aime qu'on nous établissait des objectifs et l'équipe de travail est merveilleuse.
Pros
L'équipe, les repas gratuits, la reconnaissance
Cons
le salaire, avantage-sociaux
great staff and management
Sales associate part-time (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC17 April 2017
great perks, great staff, good times all day at work. beautiful clothes. Management is happy, supportive, great team environment . Excellent company to work for!
Great comapny with room for advancement
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON10 April 2017
Excellent company with amazing people and management. The room for advancement is very big and you are treated as part of the management team. Very comfortable and happy work environment.
Awesome Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VT29 March 2017
Working at Gap has been a wonderful experience. It has been my job throughout college. The hours are very manageable for anyone, even as a student with a tight schedule. The management and coworkers have made my experience even more enjoyable.
Place with positive work environment
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2017
Nice place to work because of the people, I have an awesome team there! Everyone is always open to help.

Good place for students, they are very flexible with hours you can work. But since there is no part time sales associate positions, hours are never guaranteed.
Pros
awesome team
Cons
hours are never guaranteed
boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 March 2017
• Greeted costumers and addressed their needs
• Delivered an exceptional cashier service through excellent customer servicing, sales and transactional processing
• Worked over-time on short-notice
• Performed all duties assigned by manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval