GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Gap
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
i enjoyed working at the gap everyone was nice and friendly even though one manger didn't like anyone but she got fired but other than that everything was good
Pros
they would buy a cake for everyones birthday
Cons
mean customers
Great people/management
Sales Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 September 2017
The management will support you and want to further your development. Very accommodating to student schedule. Great work environment, I was happy to go to work!
Fine but very boring.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB11 September 2017
The work that you do at the gap is very routine, nothing really changes, you have busy and slow days but other then that it is very boring. I found that I never really became a part of the work team, they never signed me up for benefits or anything but they wouldn't listen to me when I tried to ask. Being young was definitely a disadvantage and I felt very looked down upon.
Decent.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
I can barely remember what it was like to work there. It was a forgettable job however I have no complaints about any aspects of the job at all. Decent.
fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC7 September 2017
love going into work
everyone i work with is amazing
i always know may tasks and always know who to go to when i need something to do
well organized environment
Pros
environment
Cons
not enough hours
boring work folding clothes.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petaing Jaya, Malaysia5 September 2017
folding clothes, making sure we keep and eye on the customer(s) upselling and matching styles to increase sales
rigid environment, long work hours, no real advancement in the career.
Pros
discounts on items
Cons
boring and long hours
High energy, high productive, high drive to succeed
Manager (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC3 September 2017
I love that every day is different. There are new items in store weekly, new promotions, and new approaches. What I've learned most is how to adapt to change while still maintaining a positive attitude, and putting the customer first. There's never a dull moment, and there are opportunities to excel and find your best. What can be challenging is adjusting your personal priorities to match the business needs, but in the end you learn a valuable skill. The job is rewarding, and the team works well together. This particular location is an award-winning location, and they are competitive!
Pros
Lots of opportunity for work (6am to midnight - can fit around other jobs), Great people, Leadership team communicates well, Focused on winning
Cons
Changes in business needs require an open mind to adaptations
Fun, fast pace working environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 August 2017
A typical day at work would be to live and have fun by demonstrating the companies core values.

What I have learned is together as a team we learn quickly from our experiences and strive to win or achieve our goals as a store.

Managers inspire and drive performance of their team through coaching and feedback.

The workplace culture is always fun , exciting and challenging.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Inconsistent Work and Unfriendly/inconsistent Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2017
Management is inconsistent. They keep hiring new people when they always send you home early or cancel your shifts a day in advance.

I don't know how they can keep hiring new employees when they can't even give hours to the employees they already have. They say full time hours but send you home because management has no idea how to budget. Expect only $90 per week or in 2 weeks (get paid biweekly) you get paid $190 at most... that's with you picking up extra shifts.

3/5 managers are very rude and made you feel scared to make any mistakes because of the attitude they give you. You are not treated with respect from management. One manager will tell you will thing and the other manager will get mad at you for doing that exact same thing that you were just told what to do. Hours inconsistent and not a good working environment. Only plus is the other employees are nice.. but almost all employees have a problem with management styles.

Hopefully other GAP locations are better.. hopefully it's just this location...
Pros
Other employees, employee discount
Cons
Rude and inconsistent management, no/inconsistent hours, always sent home early with frequent shifts cancelled.
Don't work here
Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario25 August 2017
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Micro managing all over the place from corporate right down to store level. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 August 2017
I enjoyed my time with Gap, they taught me everything I needed to know to survive in retail, while providing me with a great place to learn and excel. The managers were great and always super helpful. Made lots of friends there and we had a great time together. Just as any retail job it got quite repetitive at the end, but overall it is a great beginner job and it's very possible to keep rising up within the company.
Pros
Long breaks, great people
Cons
menial
Fast Paced and Customer Orientated
Morning shipment/stock (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 August 2017
Awesome job experience with flexible hours and great co-workers. Very customer orientated with constantly evolving clothing line. It's a great job for students or full time employees.
An awesome experiennce
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK9 August 2017
Working at Gap has been great, and I have learnt a lot about customer service there. The work environment is awesome. Everyone is super friendly there .
Fun work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
Working with GAP Inc. has allowed me to grow in many ways; leadership and cultural. With the level of training Im can bring to any team and more from them.
Pros
field advancements
Cons
long hourss
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 August 2017
The store was full of lively employees, fun to be around. Work mostly consisted of organizing clothes and trying to satisfy customers. The hardest part of the job is talking to the customers, but the job later helped me overcome the fear of interacting with the customers. Work was overall enjoyable because of the supportive coworkers.
Pros
Easygoing and kind colleague
Cons
Busy days are stressful
Sales Oriented culture in the Retail Store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
Typical day at work is fun and exciting since we usually have sales goals to meet. I improved my communication skills by working in this job. THe management is good but sometimes becomes too sales oriented.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 July 2017
Great place to work, fun and productive. Something new is always going on, so it keeps you on your toes. Every day is not the same, so there's always something new, but after a while you get used to the daily pattern and flow.
Benefits
Cons
Few Shifts
It's Okay for a first job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Flexible hours but inconsistent management styles; typical retail job experience so it is great for a first job but is very repetitive and boring so expect long days.
Productive and fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2017
I enjoyed the interactions with customers along with helping them in my own capacity
It helped me with keeping an area tidy and clean and also helped with better my sense of fashion.
Very professional
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 July 2017
i was treated really well there. everyone knew what they were doing and everyone worked as a team. i had a manager that pushed too hard and made me uncomfortable about my learning capabilities.
Pros
hour long breaks
Cons
impolite bosses on occasion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.