GAP Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent workplace
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  GTA, ONMarch 22, 2016
Excellent workplace and benefits.
Good hours of work
Friendly and professional managers and co-workers
Good company to work for
Fun place to work at
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONNovember 25, 2015
Very easy and enjoyable job
it gets very busy
management was extremely friendly, same with co-workers
you dont really get bored as there are many positions
Pros
great co workers, management, benefits
Cons
must work on weekends and available to close
Venture to deliver fun, inviting culture - but fall short with complete lack of work life balance.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  EdmontonSeptember 7, 2015
Although Old Navy strives to remain in touch with its people, they miss the point by setting extremely high, at times unattainable expectations. In turn leading to frustration at all levels for field employees.
Pros
Good discount, fair benefits
Cons
Long hours, high expectations, high turn over
Fun and fast paced
Assistant Manager- Customer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2015
The Gap is great place to work. They pay well with great full time benefits. The down side to working retail is having job/work life balance.
A very good company as a start in Canada. They were very helpful to let me prepare for my medical certification in my profession
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2016
I work in Banana republic, Shops at Don Mills. My manager was so helpful with me, due to being new in Canada, and a mother of a 4 yrs old son. They appreciate hard workers, and offer managerial positions when they people are qualified. They were super helpful to let me take weeks off to prepare for my studying. Banana Republic and Gap company were the reason I could be successful again in my medical field due to their support.
Pros
Facilitating work due to life circumstances. A wonderful company with great staff members
Merchandiser, Sales Associate
Merchandiser, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
Enjoy Merchandising and Sales Associate Responsibilities. Jobs focused on creating an enjoyable Experience for Customers and increasing sales for the companies I have worked for and presently work for.

Creating clean, attractive displays and maintaining same, key to satisfying customer. Having a smile and positive attitude evident to customer that I enjoy my day to day responsibilities.
Pros
Clean store, good management, learning new skills, good customer experiences ongoing
Cons
Only if pros are not followed, and they are continually followed by myself
Awful management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 6, 2016
Never scheduled enough workers especially in the mornings. Mornings often consisted of 2 managers, 1 cashier, and 1-2 floor people, a store this size requires more than 5 employees to run it. The store was never under scheduled due to lack of employees management always made sure there was 50+ employees at all times, they simply refused to give everyone the hours we all desperate need and deserve. On top of everything I cant even say we were at least given a superb discount to cancel out the lack of hours, there is nothing superb about 25%.
Productive and Fun work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 6, 2016
The management is great. They really help you to improve on skills like sales and communication and they really encourage you to ask questions. The other co workers are very helpful and are always willing to answer questions or show you the best way to get work done as efficiently as possible. Over all GAP Factory South Keys really makes you feel like apart of the team and it is my privilege to work with them.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale MallApril 29, 2016
It's all about the people with Gap, Inc! The company seems to attract fun and passionate individuals. It feels like a family when you find the right fit. Unfortunately, the dynamic is apt to change quickly with new management and the opportunities for growth seem limited unless you can balance absolute commitment to your job with flux hours and minimum wage.
Pros
Good Employee Discount, Good Management, Good Company Values
Cons
Fluctuating Hours, Low Wages, Changing Environment
fun environment,job is easy and chill
Part-Time Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2015
It was fun working there and getting to learn about gap and getting to know the retail word it was so much fun and oit was ammazing so great i loved it so many benefits
Work Experience at GAP
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day at GAP Inc consists of processing merchandise throughout the store as well as cleaning up and providing excellent customer service. During my time at GAP Inc, I learned how to provide excellent customer service and manage multiple responsibilities at once. I also learned how to organize and process merchandise throughout the floor. My co-workers were all so helpful and positive as they had created the best learning/growing environment for new workers such as myself. For me, the hardest part about the job was cleaning up and seeing people make a mess of what I cleaned 2 seconds later. The most enjoyable part about the job was the working environment because all my coworkers were so friendly and outgoing.
great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 5, 2016
It is always amazing to work as gap due to amazing co workers and stress free environment.
The managers are very caring and take care of the employees.
We always have lunches, get togethers, birthday parties etc.
very flexible hours
Pros
great environment
Cons
sometimes long hours
About Gap Inc.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 28, 2016
The work environment was very upbeat and diverse, everyone was very well knit together and welcoming. Management was great with answering any questions or acknowledging any concerns, the hardest part of the job was balancing my core classes and working late. I really enjoyed the people and the interesting customers that I met while working there as well, I have created friendships outside of Gap Inc.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Long evening shifts
Great First Job With Many Amazing Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 7, 2016
Gap was a great experience for me as it taught me a lot about sale skills and talking to people in general. I find I'm much more confident with talking to strangers.

The atmosphere was extremely happy and fun yet focused which I loved because it was a perfect mix. Our costumers were our first priority and I made sure that was key everyday.
Great experience
Assistant General Manager - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONDecember 18, 2015
Gap was the reason I have the skills I do today, and why I have been successful in my career. I was with the company for a very long time, and learned a great deal from memorable leaders. The company is always looking out for the best for their employees, even through some harder times, the culture still maintained.
Great Structure and routine
Assistant Manager/Men's and Kids Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ONJuly 4, 2016
Gap is the company that founded specialised clothing retail. They have been around long enough to know a lot about what works day in and day out and have structured themselves around what works. solid operational foundations, and realistic goals setting have made this a great learning enviornment.
the teamwork was good and safe place however management tends to push workers to do more.
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 25, 2016
the day start with the team being assembled and work being assigned to each member. The work assigned could be done properly however the management pushes hard on workers.
Pros
teamwork was good and the pay was ok
Cons
the job was really hard and had to lift heavy and constant walking
Fun place to work with fun team
Sales/Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day being a Stock Associate, is you get right to work. Shift starts regularly at 9pm (store closing) and you are required to lift, push, pull, sort out boxes of product and begin the sorting and folding of the shipment. The hours can be long but the people you have on your team makes a big difference. Hours are steady especially through the hoidays. My manager was great. The hardest part of the job is that it is very repetitive so make sure you are prepared for that. Overall, I had a good experience working at Gap Inc.
Pros
Great company discount
Cons
Lots of standing, Late nights
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 9, 2016
It's a great place to work, but working hours is not enough I hope I get more hours in the future.
I am a hardworking person and I have been working 12-14 hours a day but here it's very very short even not half of my previous job, you can't call it part time not even 20 hours a week.
I hope to get more in the future.
Pros
Stuff discounts
Cons
Very short hours
Good as an entry job. Gained a basic understanding of customer service.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
They will teach you a lot about customer service. They have a reasonable training system and the management team treats workers fairly.I was very lucky that all my co-workers were nice. Overall, I enjoyed working at the GAP.