GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

A very good company as a start in Canada. They were very helpful to let me prepare for my medical certification in my profession
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2016
I work in Banana republic, Shops at Don Mills. My manager was so helpful with me, due to being new in Canada, and a mother of a 4 yrs old son. They appreciate hard workers, and offer managerial positions when they people are qualified. They were super helpful to let me take weeks off to prepare for my studying. Banana Republic and Gap company were the reason I could be successful again in my medical field due to their support.
Pros
Facilitating work due to life circumstances. A wonderful company with great staff members
slavery work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2016
The Gap inc, very friendly place to work, just need to make sure they are serious about their work schedule, i've been called to not come in "because we aren't busy" how do you know when your going to be busy? you are in the heart of downtown on Bloor Street. (One time I didnt go to work for entire week) Too many Team Leaders and not a lot of training is provided, Care too much about how the company is labeled and advertised and care less about their staff unless its staff that have been their for longer than 2 years
Pros
great clothing
Cons
unorganized and careless
Great experience
Assistant General Manager - Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONDecember 18, 2015
Gap was the reason I have the skills I do today, and why I have been successful in my career. I was with the company for a very long time, and learned a great deal from memorable leaders. The company is always looking out for the best for their employees, even through some harder times, the culture still maintained.
One manager was hard to work with
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 8, 2016
As a student there are certain things I am unable to control such as exam periods. I was unable to get the time off for my Saturday exam because I was unaware that it would be on a Saturday in December, and I had already booked time off to go home for three days in order to have some time with my family. This meant I had to blow a shift in order to write my exam because the manager would not give me time off. Then they stopped giving me shifts all together and I was not aware or told I had been fired.
Productive and Fun work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 6, 2016
The management is great. They really help you to improve on skills like sales and communication and they really encourage you to ask questions. The other co workers are very helpful and are always willing to answer questions or show you the best way to get work done as efficiently as possible. Over all GAP Factory South Keys really makes you feel like apart of the team and it is my privilege to work with them.
Merchandiser, Sales Associate
Merchandiser, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
Enjoy Merchandising and Sales Associate Responsibilities. Jobs focused on creating an enjoyable Experience for Customers and increasing sales for the companies I have worked for and presently work for.

Creating clean, attractive displays and maintaining same, key to satisfying customer. Having a smile and positive attitude evident to customer that I enjoy my day to day responsibilities.
Pros
Clean store, good management, learning new skills, good customer experiences ongoing
Cons
Only if pros are not followed, and they are continually followed by myself
Awful management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 6, 2016
Never scheduled enough workers especially in the mornings. Mornings often consisted of 2 managers, 1 cashier, and 1-2 floor people, a store this size requires more than 5 employees to run it. The store was never under scheduled due to lack of employees management always made sure there was 50+ employees at all times, they simply refused to give everyone the hours we all desperate need and deserve. On top of everything I cant even say we were at least given a superb discount to cancel out the lack of hours, there is nothing superb about 25%.
Great atmosphere
Sales/Stock Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Great environment/atmosphere to work around. Supportive management and team that will always motivate you to do your best.
Awesome retail place to work... for both hours, and experience.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCAugust 14, 2016
The staff perks are awesome if you like shopping, and the atmosphere is friendly. This is an awesome place to build customer service skills and build a love for fashion. Basic telephone skills are taught and not too much responsibility for high school entry level work.
Pros
Discount perks
Cons
maybe lack of full time positions
Good as an entry job. Gained a basic understanding of customer service.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
They will teach you a lot about customer service. They have a reasonable training system and the management team treats workers fairly.I was very lucky that all my co-workers were nice. Overall, I enjoyed working at the GAP.
Excellent workplace
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  GTA, ONMarch 22, 2016
Excellent workplace and benefits.
Good hours of work
Friendly and professional managers and co-workers
Good company to work for
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale MallApril 29, 2016
It's all about the people with Gap, Inc! The company seems to attract fun and passionate individuals. It feels like a family when you find the right fit. Unfortunately, the dynamic is apt to change quickly with new management and the opportunities for growth seem limited unless you can balance absolute commitment to your job with flux hours and minimum wage.
Pros
Good Employee Discount, Good Management, Good Company Values
Cons
Fluctuating Hours, Low Wages, Changing Environment
Great First Job With Many Amazing Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 7, 2016
Gap was a great experience for me as it taught me a lot about sale skills and talking to people in general. I find I'm much more confident with talking to strangers.

The atmosphere was extremely happy and fun yet focused which I loved because it was a perfect mix. Our costumers were our first priority and I made sure that was key everyday.
Fun place to work at
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONNovember 25, 2015
Very easy and enjoyable job
it gets very busy
management was extremely friendly, same with co-workers
you dont really get bored as there are many positions
Pros
great co workers, management, benefits
Cons
must work on weekends and available to close
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2015
Awesome place to work with great managers and employees. Wide diversity of employees from different backgrounds and age groups. Have many opportunities to learn from both managers and coworkers. Very friendly and inclusive environment. Hardest parts are sale days and keeping customers appeased and patient. Most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people every day. Didn't get as many hours once holiday season started and new employees were hired.
Pros
friendly staff; great management; meeting new people daily
Cons
inconsistent weekly hours
Great Structure and routine
Assistant Manager/Men's and Kids Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ONJuly 4, 2016
Gap is the company that founded specialised clothing retail. They have been around long enough to know a lot about what works day in and day out and have structured themselves around what works. solid operational foundations, and realistic goals setting have made this a great learning enviornment.
Fun workplace with good coworkers to create a fun working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 12, 2016
Good starting job for any high school student as you are able to develop your people skills while interacting with others. Able to meet new people and create friendships with others. Gain responsibility for your actions and able to learn from those experiences.
good environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  220 Yonge StMarch 30, 2016
open and welcoming environment to work in with really friendly people
good employee discount
friendly and open-minded staff and management
About Gap Inc.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 28, 2016
The work environment was very upbeat and diverse, everyone was very well knit together and welcoming. Management was great with answering any questions or acknowledging any concerns, the hardest part of the job was balancing my core classes and working late. I really enjoyed the people and the interesting customers that I met while working there as well, I have created friendships outside of Gap Inc.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Long evening shifts
Gap Inc BCC (Closed Now)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 10, 2016
punch in and start with go backs. clean sections typically on the adult side which was more messier. did cash sometimes but usually I would be on the floor helping customers with sizes or even arranging sections. Pay wasn't as good and management was very terrible
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Pay was terrible