GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

customer service,management
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2017
Great work place, learned a lot very customer focused. Great culture. Most enjoyable part of my job was helping the employees grow and reach too the next level. And always holding the company too the highest standards.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Not many opportunities, but overall pretty good
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Alberta17 March 2017
I enjoy working here; it is a decent job for a student. The management is great and so is the overall working environment. However, it is rare for anyone to receive a raise or promotion, even if you've been working there for a long time. Regardless of how hard you work, you don't make any extra money, which is why I believe employees should either get commission for their work, or cashiers ask every customer who helped them out and that employee would receive some sort of compensation.
Pros
Good Managers
Cons
No Opportunities or Rewards
Productive and principled workplace
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bayview Village, ON13 March 2017
The staff are friendly and welcoming in the store and try to help the new employees with tasks and other responsibilities. Also on some of the days they offered free pizza and juice which was really awesome.
Not Very Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 March 2017
Managing level was extremely disorganized
The way the store was ran was not very organized (eg. never know when you go on break and/ or would have to remind managers to give you a break)
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON9 March 2017
All co-workers are friendly. Feels really warm. Work made easier with such friendly and cooperative managers. Fairly an easy job. Great experience to have for a new starter in retail.
Pros
Friendly managers
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Summer job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2017
It was a fast paced environment and the staff was friendly and welcoming. The managment was intimidating but kept great order. I learned alot working there and i appreciate the work experience.
Good place to work but needs improvement on hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2017
Typical work day included cleaning up around the store, helping customers, processing transactions and greeting customers. At times you would be required to do ship from store as well.
Pros
fun work enviornment
Cons
Not nearly enough hours.
Easy job with lots of physical labour
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 March 2017
Working at gap was easy and it gave an opportunity to start up a job career in Kamloops. It was more of a physically active job then mentally active job as compared to m past experience.
Great place to start
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 February 2017
Perfect first job for busy individuals, flexible hours and almost any time off you need. Shifts range from 3 hours to 9 hours in one day, and they will always try their hardest to not pay you for a break which is unfortunate. Not bad, but not great.
Easy work but can get boring
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON15 February 2017
Worked here for less then a year because I got another opportunity somewhere else. The work was generally easy, folding clothes and organizing. I never got to the cash because i wasn't there very long.
Worst part is doing shipment at 530 in the morning.
fun workplace
Car washer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2017
It was good time spent there and the pay was also good. everyone was cooperative. the hardest part of the job was finishing 10 hours which was quite tough,
Pros
Free lunches and bonuses
productive and friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
only my both managers mans are friendly and good with the employers the other people is very rude with the news person or when you are the other culture or country they dont help you.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very clean, great people to work with
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR ACTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON30 January 2017
leading the maintenance team was very rewarding, Developing a strong and skilled team , controlling assets and providing all necessary tools to grow, while staying in budget made for a great day overall.
Could have been better
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2017
I was only seasonal. but I was never trained well. if I folded things wrong I got yelled at.. asked several times to be trained with nothing. never got days i requested off. wouldn't go back personally
Very fun and flexible place to work
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 January 2017
Working at Old Navy (Gap Inc.) has been very interesting and fun. I've learned a lot, and had so much fun in the process. One of the best things for me is how incredibly flexible the workplace is (at least at my branch).
Pros
Very energetic place to work, lots of fun
Cons
Physically demanding job (watch out for long shifts)
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2017
GAP is a nice place to work, specially for who loves the brand. Good managers, flexible schedule, nice colleagues. I've been improved my vocabulary and customer service skill.
Pros
Discount of 50% for workers
Cons
Few hours a week
Fast paced
Volunteer as a Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Order picking requiring a RF scanner so productivity is monitored and you have to meet certain expectations. Do get bonus for going above expectations.
tasks
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 January 2017
packaging, order picking. mostly general labour work. only worked in summer. fast work paced environment as productivity was based on speed and accuracy.
Comfortable work environment
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 January 2017
Gap is a good start into retail with flexible hours. Great management and sales team makes it a great place to work. Easy to learn and pick up the basics of retail.
Pros
employee discount
i love my job it was good.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 December 2016
i only want to change the job is its to far. Otherwise i loved my job
all my co-workeres were so good. we use to work hard and even have fun .help each other.
Pros
sometimes