GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

It's Okay for a first job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Flexible hours but inconsistent management styles; typical retail job experience so it is great for a first job but is very repetitive and boring so expect long days.
Productive and fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2017
I enjoyed the interactions with customers along with helping them in my own capacity
It helped me with keeping an area tidy and clean and also helped with better my sense of fashion.
Very professional
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 July 2017
i was treated really well there. everyone knew what they were doing and everyone worked as a team. i had a manager that pushed too hard and made me uncomfortable about my learning capabilities.
Pros
hour long breaks
Cons
impolite bosses on occasion
Boring place to work with cliquy staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  heartland14 July 2017
Go onto work, wait at the back, clock in, go on sales floor, clean the store, the schedule they send you isnt what you will be doing mostly. breaks are not always given on time. Come back from break, work till you leave, not alot of socializing allowed.
Pros
Free bfast and lunch during long days with big sales events
Cons
everything else
no enjoyment at the work place
Merchandise Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 July 2017
Working environment is very stress full, very weird when you stuck with the same duty all day, no rotations between departments during the shift, preference only goes to Punjabi ladies employees for light weight work and easy job.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 July 2017
The staff is great to work with and the job itself is interesting. Working at GAP helped me learn a lot about the work force and helped me get out of my comfort zone.
Pros
Great staff and great company
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing place
Seasonal Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 July 2017
Very good place to work. Flexible, the environment is amazing and the pay is really good. Only reason i had to stop working was because i was going to school.
I enjoyed working at Gap, feels like second home.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2017
My first ever job here in Canada and it was fun, all my co-workers are friendly and family. My supervisors are superb :) I love working and assisting customers. Love the discounts too.
Pros
friendly management and peers
Cons
quite low salary
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2017
part time job. while I enjoyed working there and made good friends, the worst part was the lack of hours. The company does not guarantee hours and sometimes you are not working at all.
Great job, little advancement
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON29 June 2017
Very play by the book, everything merchandising related needed to be perfect, which is difficult when you're unable to receive product needed. Management had a lot of stress on them, which they of course put onto the employees, regional management was made up to be scary and unfriendly. Work place was sometimes hectic but was a good atmosphere most of the time. Budgets were given to 'spoil' employees, but only when sales goals are achieved.
Fun work environment, works well for students or part time employees
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
Loved working at GAP! Great employees and management staff who share a culture of fashion and customer service. The role of sales associate involves learning the product and being able to connect with the clients who walk in the door every day. Great for someone looking for part time work, and who has a lot of energy and personality to join an energetic and vibrant company. They are very accommodating for students, and flexible hours (ex. night shifts vs day shifts)
Stage vente conseil / emploie temps partiel
commis plancher (Former Employee) –  mirabel27 June 2017
J ai appris beaucoup de choses, des rabais, des pourcentages, scanner vêtements, voir prix en liquidations, étiquette rouge, inventaire de vêtements, refaire les planification des vêtements, placer les vêtement par grandeur du XS a 2L ou 0 a 24 mois. femme, homme, jeune fille, jeune garçon, bébé fille et garçon. faire le réception de marchandise, placer les vêtement sur le plancher et dans l entrepôt. servir les clients, répondre a leur besoin de la grandeur de vêtement et de la couleur. placer les vêtement sur le cintre, plier vêtement par ordre de grandeur,
je n ais pas fait la caisse pas assez d année de travail a gap entrepôt , stage et emploie temps partiel.
Pros
une bonne équipe de travail
Cons
pas assez d heure de travail
Great atmosphere
ASSOCIATE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
Always enjoyable to work and amazing support from upper field management. There is always a good balance of work life balances. They also care deeply for their part time staff and make it as enjoyable as possible.
great place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 June 2017
this was one of my first jobs, I loved working for this company, I would go back in a heart beat. Tons of room for growth, and brand culture was absolutly incredible.
typical student job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 June 2017
I started out mainly doing part time work where I would clean and organize clothes and their arrangements on the show floor. But in 2016, I got very few of those shifts. I could mainly get 5 am shipment shifts, which were very difficult due to the timing.
great place to start a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
people here are great
there is never a dull moment but it is very fast paced
know where all the products are
the discount is also great, 50 percent off of all regular priced items
Work
Sale Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 June 2017
busy
i learnt everything there is to know about retail that an associate should know
the management has changed over the 4 years but i cant company
Pros
the experience
Cons
not enough money and hours
Productive and Energetic working environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2017
Very friendly, relaxed working environment .
Great staff team !

We aim to provide the best quality products to different individuals with different unique style !

We represent our company by providing the best quality service and creating a loyal customer relationship .
Pros
great discount
Cons
barely any hours
Training is very thorough, one of the best in retail.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 June 2017
Training is very thorough, one of the best in retail.
High management turn over.
Long hours.
Had to work outside of my location.
Too many closing shifts.
Pay is average.
Easy Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 June 2017
Simple job, and gives you great experience. With that being said they told me i was part time and that i should not worry about not having a job so that i would accept the job offer and then randomly told me that they had told me initially i was a seasonal employee through email 5 months into having the job. I believe because they hired way too many people and needed an excuse to let employees go. Poor management on their part and very unprofessional.
Pros
salary, experience
Cons
short and unpredictable hours, always expect you to take someone's shift at short notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval