GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

slavery work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
The Gap inc, very friendly place to work, just need to make sure they are serious about their work schedule, i've been called to not come in "because we aren't busy" how do you know when your going to be busy? you are in the heart of downtown on Bloor Street. (One time I didnt go to work for entire week) Too many Team Leaders and not a lot of training is provided, Care too much about how the company is labeled and advertised and care less about their staff unless its staff that have been their for longer than 2 years
Pros
great clothing
Cons
unorganized and careless
One manager was hard to work with
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 August 2016
As a student there are certain things I am unable to control such as exam periods. I was unable to get the time off for my Saturday exam because I was unaware that it would be on a Saturday in December, and I had already booked time off to go home for three days in order to have some time with my family. This meant I had to blow a shift in order to write my exam because the manager would not give me time off. Then they stopped giving me shifts all together and I was not aware or told I had been fired.
Awesome retail place to work... for both hours, and experience.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2016
The staff perks are awesome if you like shopping, and the atmosphere is friendly. This is an awesome place to build customer service skills and build a love for fashion. Basic telephone skills are taught and not too much responsibility for high school entry level work.
Pros
Discount perks
Cons
maybe lack of full time positions
Great First Job With Many Amazing Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA7 July 2016
Gap was a great experience for me as it taught me a lot about sale skills and talking to people in general. I find I'm much more confident with talking to strangers.

The atmosphere was extremely happy and fun yet focused which I loved because it was a perfect mix. Our costumers were our first priority and I made sure that was key everyday.
A very good company as a start in Canada. They were very helpful to let me prepare for my medical certification in my profession
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2016
I work in Banana republic, Shops at Don Mills. My manager was so helpful with me, due to being new in Canada, and a mother of a 4 yrs old son. They appreciate hard workers, and offer managerial positions when they people are qualified. They were super helpful to let me take weeks off to prepare for my studying. Banana Republic and Gap company were the reason I could be successful again in my medical field due to their support.
Pros
Facilitating work due to life circumstances. A wonderful company with great staff members
Great Structure and routine
Assistant Manager/Men's and Kids Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON4 July 2016
Gap is the company that founded specialised clothing retail. They have been around long enough to know a lot about what works day in and day out and have structured themselves around what works. solid operational foundations, and realistic goals setting have made this a great learning enviornment.
Awful management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2016
Never scheduled enough workers especially in the mornings. Mornings often consisted of 2 managers, 1 cashier, and 1-2 floor people, a store this size requires more than 5 employees to run it. The store was never under scheduled due to lack of employees management always made sure there was 50+ employees at all times, they simply refused to give everyone the hours we all desperate need and deserve. On top of everything I cant even say we were at least given a superb discount to cancel out the lack of hours, there is nothing superb about 25%.
Fun workplace with good coworkers to create a fun working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2016
Good starting job for any high school student as you are able to develop your people skills while interacting with others. Able to meet new people and create friendships with others. Gain responsibility for your actions and able to learn from those experiences.
Gap Inc BCC (Closed Now)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 July 2016
punch in and start with go backs. clean sections typically on the adult side which was more messier. did cash sometimes but usually I would be on the floor helping customers with sizes or even arranging sections. Pay wasn't as good and management was very terrible
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Pay was terrible
Merchandiser, Sales Associate
Merchandiser, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2016
Enjoy Merchandising and Sales Associate Responsibilities. Jobs focused on creating an enjoyable Experience for Customers and increasing sales for the companies I have worked for and presently work for.

Creating clean, attractive displays and maintaining same, key to satisfying customer. Having a smile and positive attitude evident to customer that I enjoy my day to day responsibilities.
Pros
Clean store, good management, learning new skills, good customer experiences ongoing
Cons
Only if pros are not followed, and they are continually followed by myself
new experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2016
I haven't really worked for a long time at the GAP, but the reason why I had to stop working there is that they give very minimum hours per week, which was not what I was looking for by that time. My co-workers were very friendly and fun to work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 June 2016
It's a great place to work, but working hours is not enough I hope I get more hours in the future.
I am a hardworking person and I have been working 12-14 hours a day but here it's very very short even not half of my previous job, you can't call it part time not even 20 hours a week.
I hope to get more in the future.
Pros
Stuff discounts
Cons
Very short hours
Amazing environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2016
Though I only worked at GAP for a couple of months, it was a great experience otherwise. The staff was very welcoming, the store was well ran and the training was fun.
Pros
Wonderful culture and atmostphere
Cons
Cleanliness
Inclusive and diverse, fun and flexible work environment!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
The Gap is a great company to work for and to contribute to! You learn more through interacting with team members, valuable customers, and the management team! It's an accepting and inclusive company, where associates and customers alike, all have something unique to bring!
the teamwork was good and safe place however management tends to push workers to do more.
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2016
the day start with the team being assembled and work being assigned to each member. The work assigned could be done properly however the management pushes hard on workers.
Pros
teamwork was good and the pay was ok
Cons
the job was really hard and had to lift heavy and constant walking
Short Term Contract
IT Consultant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2016
This was a pop up seasonal contract that only lasted through the Christmas holiday. Nightshift during a cold cold winter. Good experience working within the Network environment.
Pros
I got to prove myself
Cons
It was a temp gig
A wonderful work environment
District Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2016
The better part of my day was the chance to help develop top talent to become future leaders. It gave me the chance to guide people into areas of the business that best suited them and their goals.
Pros
Friendly environment
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale Mall29 April 2016
It's all about the people with Gap, Inc! The company seems to attract fun and passionate individuals. It feels like a family when you find the right fit. Unfortunately, the dynamic is apt to change quickly with new management and the opportunities for growth seem limited unless you can balance absolute commitment to your job with flux hours and minimum wage.
Pros
Good Employee Discount, Good Management, Good Company Values
Cons
Fluctuating Hours, Low Wages, Changing Environment
About Gap Inc.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2016
The work environment was very upbeat and diverse, everyone was very well knit together and welcoming. Management was great with answering any questions or acknowledging any concerns, the hardest part of the job was balancing my core classes and working late. I really enjoyed the people and the interesting customers that I met while working there as well, I have created friendships outside of Gap Inc.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Long evening shifts
great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
good people you work with, fun and flexible. just couldnt stay longer because of school.
if you dont reach the sale target some managers will be a little difficult about it but eh thats normal