Ganotec West

Ganotec West Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place
steamfitter (Former Employee), calgaryMarch 23, 2015
safety is number one pay is good and there is a lot of opportunity for advancement flexible shifts and opportunity for very different types of work
Hard work but very rewarding
Steamfitter Apprentice (Former Employee), Shepard Energy Cntr CalgaryNovember 26, 2014
Pros: good work/ good pay/ fun site to be on
Cons: incompetent engineers/ tyranical piping project manager (littleman syndrome)
Overall a good job in spite of some of the Kiewitt field engineers not having a clue what they were doing. The guy in charge of the AUX boiler should have stayed working in the warehouse because he is clueless. He was also involved with the safety tour and caused a lot of conflict due to his lack of understanding of what was being done.I never felt safe when he was involved with our work.
The 496 foremen were easy to work with and helped me see better ways to complete tasks. My Ganotec Super and Replacement piping project managers were a real pleasure to work for and made my time on Testing one of the most fun and memorable times I've ever had on a job. My only complaint was the overall demeaning way tradesmen were treated by some of the Kiewitt office staff. They really thought they were superior to the ticketed tradesmen and it fueled an "us vs them" culture. Would I work for GW again, in a heartbeat.
N/A
1st year apprentice Mobile crane (Former Employee), cold lake , ABFebruary 28, 2014
Good experience working on the Nabiye project-cold lake building tanks of ESSO
Very productive and you do not know what to expect what will be next. They keep you on your toes.
Labourer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: ganotec west has draws for the workers that fill out osb cards that can win prizes.
Cons: not to be able to work longer hours
Ganotec West is a good place to work for and everybody body helps each other when needed.
I have learned a very valuable lesson with my co workers and the other trades that work for Ganotec West are equal and we all help each other within the company.
The management is very good to us and they try to accomadate and are very resourceful when we need help with our problems.
My co-workers are the best that i have worked with in a long time, they are great and when you need help they always help when needed.
I guest the hardest part of my job is picking up dunnage by myself and carrying it to a safe place so other workers will not trip or fall.
The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers and meeting other tradesman.
Great place to start a career, but not good for long term advancement
purchaser (Current Employee), AchesonAugust 20, 2013
Great people, some very good managers.
Poorly executed jobs, not enough projects, not enough opportunities within the district.
motivating workers with safety dinners every month
Co-op Refinery Project Regina (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 11, 2012
the job was hectic because i was suppervising a crew that comprises of workers who do not have english astheir first language ,but my man managing skill helped me to pass the safety message across.I worked for most part in the night shift and it was a wonderfull experience. i spend time teacing them how to do a JHA and that was good,
loved the job
Sprinkler Systems Installer (Former Employee), northbattleford sashNovember 26, 2012
worked in sask for a year and was paid well and enjoyed everything I learnt