Gannett Fleming Employee Reviews

Geotechnical Designer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL28 September 2017
So far, the best site where I've worked. Their retirement system is very good and the company pays very well at the end of the year. It has a culture in favor of the employee and almost nobody wants to retire working with them.
Pros
Good work culture, good place for grow up
Cons
Salary increments are not easy to obtain
The company is responsive to my concerns in the field as it relates to me
chief electrical inspector (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NY6 September 2017
The only problem I see if getting projects. Bidding for new work is poor which leaves the employee in the field always needing to find work in other places.
Pleasent
Fiber Splicing Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Laudale FL.14 June 2017
Working as a contractor, only work 40 hours a week, out door working. Had to pay for my own hotel and travel. Job was great to work at Ft. Laudale Airport.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Contractor
good career
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ8 May 2017
great company to work for if you like to travel. they do large jobs for department of transportation including fiber optic systems camera poles, digital message boards etc. etc.
They Have No Regard For Professional Growth
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PA3 May 2017
Gannett Fleming used to be a great place to work until the new CIO came on board a few years ago. One of the first things he did was fire a guy who had been with the company for over 25 years. He said it was a "cost-cutting measure" but really it was because he likes to surround himself with sycophants.

Anytime there is a major infrastructure project, instead of providing training to the employees so they can learn and grow professionally the job gets outsourced to a consulting firm.

In the 15 years I was there, I only had two weeks of IT training. When I pressed the CEO on the issue, the solution was a 6 week trial license for web based training which was essentially someone narrating Powerpoint slides. Really that was the best they could do.

When I asked the CIO if I could shadow others in the department so I could learn other technologies he flat out said "NO." So instead of increasing my wealth to the company I was left to sit there doing nothing all day everyday since there was no other work to do.

If you're a motivated individual that wants to grow in your career and learn new technologies then Gannett Fleming is definitely not the place for you. If you want to stagnate and become unemployable elsewhere then definitely consider this place.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
lack of training, projects get outsourced
Unstable environment
Project Controls/Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CA14 March 2017
Management is not supportive of its employees. After 2 weeks I developed a sound project schedule and brought the project back to the baseline milestones. As a result, the company was lifted of performance probation.
Pros
Benefits are fairly good.
Cons
High Resource turn around
productive
Geotechnical Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL9 July 2016
Interpreting construction plans and specifications to contractor, foreman, superintendent; assure proper construction means and methods, reviewing contractor performance and compliance with safety equipment; checking engineering computations, inspecting construction work( such as earthwork, concrete and asphalt), and conducting field tests. Work was performed under the general supervision of the Project Administrator.
good
Administrative Assistant/Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD7 June 2016
good experience. great company. good location. had a great learning experience, wish there was more room for growth all in all the company as a whole was a pleasure to work for.
Great Work Environment
CADD Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD25 May 2016
I really enjoyed my time at this company. There was a balanced age range - from early 20s to 70s. The flexible work schedule worked very well with my travel schedule.
Great Company
Recruiter/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PA14 April 2016
Very stable company: over 100 years privately held
Benefits are above average

Culture: People know your name

Constantly rank in ENR
Great Working enviroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA6 April 2016
Company is full of great employees who are happy to be there and will teach you a lot. Very nice work environment. Flexible hours to accommodate varying schedules
Traffic/ITS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL22 February 2016
Gannett Fleming is a 100 year old Engineering Company with good reputation in various disciplines. With offices in may states and abroad the opportunities are many for qualified personnel.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good place to work
Fast paced working environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MA7 December 2015
Very business office. Great co-workers. Work was varied from typical administrative assistant tasks, Office Manager tasks and Contract Manager tasks.
Pros
fun working atmosphere
Cons
during peak times, a lot of overtime
Good engineering company
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel8 October 2015
Gannett Fleming is a company that values its employees. Management respects work/life balance as project scheduling permits. It became apparent, having worked there that employees are truly valued as people, not as a resource. Benefits are good, and pay is good. GF has in-house training that is nicely organized and implemented. This company really has its act together.
Pros
Read my review, and look foward to an interview with them
Cons
nothing worth mentioning
good work culture
Senior Traffic Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH11 May 2015
nice private company providing a good work atmosphere, benefits, career advancement, flexible hours in a competitive market.
Competitive pay and good benefits, lousy culture.
Validation Specialist/Validation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC19 January 2015
For the pharmaceutical side, it's basically a body shop like every other contract validation company.
Good workplace
Senior ITS specialist (Current Employee) –  Doha24 April 2014
new challenging tasks, involved in all steps for ITS design and implementation
nickel and dime
field tech. (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach,Fl16 November 2013
most employees were great to work with. Management on the other hand, needed more training,experiance. Would intermingle different departments. Weather qualified or not. Would not recommend
Pros
most employes great
Cons
inexperianced management
Lead Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ23 October 2013
Good opportunities, great big projects lots of learning experiences.
Not bad but
Bridge Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh2 October 2013
Worked for them on a few jobs over the years. Gave me a gift card during a project for doing a good job. The job finished and was going to send me to another project if I took a pay cut.
Benefits
Cons
Treat you like a dog

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gannett Fleming. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7