The Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority operates the Ganaraska Forest Centre, a residential outdoor education facility located in the Ganaraska Forest, north of Port Hope, Ontario. We offer curriculum-based programs in conservation and outdoor education to elementary and secondary school boards, as well as non-profit and corporate groups.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a varied and active program with highly motivated and enthusiastic students using the outdoors as a classroom.
- Teaching and supervision of residential and day school groups as well as program development. Guaranteed minimum number of hours of work per week. Occasional evening and weekend shifts required.
- Applicants should have excellent communications skills and hands-on teaching experience in the field of conservation education, the natural sciences and /or outdoor education. Preference will be given to those possessing an Ontario Teaching Certificate.
- Applicants must be able to cross-country ski.
- The successful applicant must be able to adapt to an environment of change and work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Available to work a flexible work schedule.
- A valid Province of Ontario driver’s licence and Criminal Reference Check also required.
Apply in writing or by email by December 18, 2013 to:
Linda Laliberte, CAO/Secretary-Treasurer
Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority
2216 County Road 28,
Port Hope, Ontario L1A 3W4
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.