GM BluePlan Engineering Limited
is currently seeking a
Receptionist – Administrative Assistant
(full-time permanent position)
Location: Guelph, Ontario
GM BluePlan Engineering is a consulting engineering firm with multi-disciplined professionals that provide engineering services to both municipal and private sector clients through a teamwork approach. With offices located in Guelph, Owen Sound, Listowel, Kitchener, Exeter and GTA, our focus continues to ensure that clients receive high-quality, innovative, practical and cost effective solutions for their engineering design and construction projects. Our areas of specialty include the detailed design and construction administration services associated with municipal infrastructure improvement and reconstruction projects, land development from site plans to subdivisions, analysis and design of stormwater management systems, structural and water / wastewater projects. Our commitment to develop and retain a diversified and professional staff gives us the strength to provide innovative, practical and cost-beneficial solutions to our clients’ engineering needs, both today and into the future.
The job responsibilities would be as follows:
- Operate switchboard, receive and route all incoming calls
- Responsible for appointments, screening calls, taking messages, fax, and general secretarial functions
- Greet and receive visitors, offer assistance, ascertain the nature of their business and direct them to the appropriate department and notify the appropriate staff member of a visitor’s arrival
- Maintain Visitor Log
- Prepare documents for mailing and couriering
- Type correspondence, complete photocopying, complete scanning and perform other tasks as assigned
- Work on special projects as requested by management
- Assist the Accounting Department with daily tasks
- Maintain front office
Candidates must be self-starters with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment. The successful candidate must possess strong organizational, oral, written communication, and problem solving skills, and have an approachable enthusiastic interpersonal style. The candidate must be proficient with computers and have a personable telephone demeanour.
Candidates who are interested in becoming a part of our dynamic team environment are invited to forward their resume via Indeed.ca. Candidates are asked to indicate the job title in the subject line of their email application.
GM BluePlan Engineering is committed to providing a flexible work environment and a competitive compensation package which includes benefits and RSP programs for full-time permanent staff. In addition to promoting career development, education opportunities and extra-curricular social activities, we strongly value energetic and creative individuals.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.